Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 12:40:26
Page:  1 
Miss the old days. Started by: Johnny_Bravo on Sep 29, '14 13:06

Johnny was on family's headquarters, having a Greek coffee. It was yet another busy day. However, this day, Johnny had enough. He decided to take it on the streets. He sent notification letters to all the families in Chicago. Whoever wanted could come to a crowded restaurant to talk about the matter he had in mind.

The next day, there was a bunch of people with him on the table. After everyone ordered their favorite drink, Johnny began to speak.

"Fellow Mafiosi.. Thanks to everyone that made it here without knowing what I was going to talk about.", he paused and gave out cigars to everyone.

"I wanted to talk to you about something that has been discussed over and over again. I hoped that the bigger heads would pitch in on it. I want to hear everyone's opinion.", he paused again and took a sip from his drink.

"I wanted to address the ways we use on approaching potential associates. It has been clear that we won't go up to any civilian and hand him an invite to our family. He must do some jobs for our family. That's good.
I would like to take it further. Why must we, busy as always, address to the civilians and try to persuade them to crime? If they want to follow the mafioso life, they should know where to look for or at least try and find their way around. It's not that we hide ourselves that good."

"In conclusion, what I am trying to suggest here is that we shouldn't reach out to the newcomers. They should reach out to us. When I first came to these shores, I reached out myself to Genocide without me or my father knowing him personally. I think this should be a norm. What do you guys think?"

Report Post Tip

Ahh recruiting. Popular topic. I can understand your viewpoint Johnny. In my own personal opinion I see it like this:

It is a known thing that most Made guys in the mob do have a sense of responsibility when it comes to recruiting. On a consistent basis, there are those of us that are analyzing the low-level crimes of the up-and-coming thugs. They're making shit happen out there, making a name for themselves. Taking their slice of the pie. In turn, we think of two of a number of things: "The kid has spunk and he would do good here", or "hope this young buck wouldn't mind kicking some of this money up to the Boss for knocking over businesses on his turf." So yes, there is that sense of responsibility to reach out to them and gauge their interest in becoming a part of the crew and putting them under our wing.

Also, most thugs that are out there making a name are the children of those that we have seen in our streets for many years. Some are even the children blessed in by former members of the GF council. Most of which know exactly where it is that they are headed and which syndicate they intend to join. That being said, these same people have a pretty good idea which businesses and areas of town are controlled by the mob. No man goes unnoticed in our world. Somebody looking suspicious could get clipped for blinking the wrong way. The ones out there doing the crimes are watched by our guys as you know. They know when we are recruiting because the sponsors of our families make it known. So it's kind of an even ratio in my opinion. Yes we are doing our part as sponsors, and going out and actually taking the first step. But it's also safe to say that the same effort IS being put forth by the majority of returning bloodline. New guns have no idea who is in control or who has the notoriety of being a stable organization. THAT is where it is OUR job to persuade them comes into play. "What's MY family's niche to get this guy to join my crew?". "How can I mold this guy into an excellent criminal and contributor to this crew..?"

So really now that I have said all this, it makes me understand all the better that I do agree with you that young thugs SHOULD make the effort to show to the sponsors why they should be allowed entry into the crew and persuade them. On the other hand, it is also equally important to persuade newcomers to this thing why our crew is the best for them. I tend to ramble so I apologize to you if this sounds a bit jumbled up. I would be happy to elaborate more on the topic. Hope this gave a little more insight on your thoughts Johnny_Bravo.

Report Post Tip
I agree. When I recently started again and being away for so long I didn't know too many playing and was introduced to many changes. Within minutes my mail was flooded with recruiting messages from people I didn't know and a few invites from people that didn't even talk to me or know what I was about. I ignored all of these and then started doing some research as to what was going on who was in power and getting in touch with old friends. I then reached out to ask for protection and off to do work with a family I was interested in joining. I feel this is the way it should be. We shouldn't just be throwing invites to people we know nothing about. They might want to build a gun quick and see how much damage they can do or just want to come in and cause havoc in the HQ. This is also why I think our people that can sponsor need to know what they are doing and not take it lightly. If they let someone into our HQ and they promptly ran out got their gun and started slinging lead not only should that sponsor get punished by most likely getting wavked but the one who sponsored him should also be reprimanded as well. I'm not saying they should be wacked as well because we don't know what each other is going to do but maybe strip them of their ability to sponsor and touch on what it means to be a sponsor. I've been a sponsor to quite a few people in my time and I can say the majority of them never once contacted me to give advice or see how I was doing.
Report Post Tip

It all nice I agree with that in %90 of all aspects, just one thing new comers have no idea there fore they do need a reach out, not a invite persay, for my self I hate sponsors going IA on my profile, there fore your hand should be one of guidance, not a invite reach out but let them grab it see if they are worth being in your family, not another name to a list of no body's.

Report Post Tip

Dee Steps out from behind the crowd and raises his glass

I agree with Booklet.. the civilians will definitely need a reach out, and also by reaching out and guiding them it would help in some cases their interest in the game.. 

But unfortunately a lot of CL's theses days or not just them even their sponsors just want numbers so they go after every single civilian they see.

They look for quantity over quality unfortunately.. But this is only some, others like my good friend GinX looks for quality 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Miss the old days.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL