Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 14:16:50
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Broadway Boxing Beatdown Started by: Frite on Sep 30, '14 23:01

Frite steps up to her spot in the crowd, looks around and places her soap box down on the ground. As she stands up, she realizes that next time she's going to need a bigger soap box, because she's only just about as tall as the crowd now, but oh well, her voice will carry.

Ladies and gentlemen, I know that by now it should have been expected that I was going to do something like this to celebrate. And so without further adieu, I will introduce you to my boxing competition. I am not building a new gym, nor am I planning on having a ton of anything special going on. It's very straightforward.

Eight Boxers, No Entry Fee, Three and one half million dollars in prize money given out at the end. The first Eight people to come over here and sign this waiver giving up their right to sue me or my ilk for anything that might happen during the fight are in, the rest of you can wait and watch.

She takes a pausing breath. She was told you were supposed to wait sometimes and not just ramble on forever, people tend to stop listening. But she can't hold out forever, so she continues.

Just to answer a few questions you all might have. 

Yes, it will be broadcast live in the coffeeshops, feel free to stop by my office, or leave me a note for more details.

Yes there will be SOME limited betting, but only on the tournament overall, not on the individual fights, though I'm sure that won't stop some of you. She glances over to see if reverandmm80 was watching and listening.

And finally, no I will not tell you details on how to win, just go out there and box and the best fighter will win.

She smiles to the crowd and pins the poster board for sign-ups to the wall next to her.

Oh and by the way, once this tournament is over, you are all more than welcome to challenge each other for the title. I expect it to trade hands quite a few times.

With that she hops down off her box and steps into the shade next to the building, hoping that the lure of free money might attract a couple of folks to fight for her amusement.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $500,000 Tip

Sign me up :)

Report Post Tip

​Hearing his name called out, reverandmm80 listens intensively.  

OH HELL YEA, Im in. Ill teach these young whippersnappers not to mess with this wise old man. 

Report Post Tip
Well PaleRider steps out of his boxing gym and looks around to see his 95 year old buddy Rev signing up to get his ass kick .. lol

He asked him if he forgot to take his meds today ..
Report Post Tip

Looking down on his younger friend with a rye smile, and almost feeling sorry for the amount of pain his younger, but a whole lot dumber friend is about to receive.

You forget that back in my day we didn't use things like gloves like you sissies today use.

As I leave the gym, I look around the parking lot for a nice rock that will fit perfectly in my glove. This'll even the playing field MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Report Post Tip
Well if the old man is entering then I am in!

One request, can my first round be against Rev? He will prob. forget where the ring is - easy win ;)
Report Post Tip

charmander notices the two men exchange words and sees her friend palerider and says nothing but this should be very interesting tho fighting a pokemon in the ring..

let's hope she don't give palerider burns..

Report Post Tip
Philli walks to frite and signs the boxong waiver.

"Sign me up. I love to cross gloves"
Report Post Tip

GinX stumbles through the streets as always sipping his cocktail. He smells his RHM reverandmm80 close by, he knew it was him because his odor was one of a kind. He hears the voice of that pain in the ass PaleRider rambling as always. Hearing what all the fuss is about he steps up to the men.

You t t tooooo never ssssssstop do you. PaleRider hiccup you know assss welllll assss I d d do reverandmm80 smellsssss far to hiccup horrid to even get closse. He will winnn by t hiccup t hiccup t hiccup tko when you passsss out from the smell. Sooooo my money is on my man rev.

GinX sips his drink and stumbles off to find the missing BrayWyatt fearing the man in the sheep mask has done something terrible to him.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
PaleRider sees his good friend GinX stumbling and drunk as hell .. mumbling and yelling that his smelly old friend is going to win this tournament. But he failed to read SammySantos post and I agree with him that the old man will not find the ring because he forgets to even take a shower and was band from his own HQ ...
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Brendan is walking down the street enjoying some chewing tobacco in his mouth when he notices someone talking about a fighting competition. Brendan spits out his chewing tobacco and signs the waiver

"I'm winning this tournament I've been fighting since the age of six. Growing up I had it tough, we didn't talk things out when we had a problem instead we handled them with our fists." Brendan said raising up his fists "These two ain't never let me down. To everybody that thinks that they can beat me just know that I'm faster than you, bigger than you, and stronger than you."

Report Post Tip

Kyubey watches as the men talk shit towards each other and try to show off. He simply just glares a little. Thoughts come to his mind that he should sign up and hopefully win. Kyubey wasn't very big.. or strong, however.

"Sign me up! I'd be happy to participate if there is room for a cat..thing"

Report Post Tip

The whistle of early birds die over the loud noises of morning traffic hitting down town. From a regular house cleanup men drag the last 'carpet' into the back of their truck. The lady down the street everyone knows as 'old Su' is still asleep. Some naked boy is wearing his clothes in his hands is running down the street, away from the house he just jumped out. A distant siren wails and then you spot the overhead plane with the a tailing message "Wednesday, sexy day". Just as you think "What's that nonsense, everyday is sexy day" you notice the distant rumble, as if the Gods are having an underwear pillow fight again. You turn around and see the rays of the dawning sun glide across your image of the still wet streets. In the specks of sungold you see a figure emerging from the distance. He's hopping steady, like floating, swatting flies. The bright sight stings like a bee. When you get closer, you see the figure stop and twists his neck left and right and the sounds of his cracking bones even overcall the sound of the corner newspaper boys.

So, there's fighting to be done, eh?

I'm in for that stuff. Ready to rumble here. Who I go against?

Report Post Tip

Frite looks at the sign-up sheet and then steps back up on her soap box again.

Well then, looks like I've got my eight fighters. Now then. I think I will run this thing in just a couple of days. October 3, 04:00:00 MR Time. If you happen to be around at that time, I invite you to join us all in the coffeeshops, I'll announce then which one I'll be broadcasting live over.

For now, matchups are as follows...

Group A

Charmander

reverandmm80

Group B

PaleRider

SammySantos

Group C

Philli-stein

Brendan_Filone

Group D

Kyubey

SydBarrett

After this first round, the winners of Group A will fight the winner of Group B, and the winner of Group C will fight the winner of Group D. The winners of those two sets will fight each other for the championship. Third place will be determined by point ratio.

As a side note if anyone is interested in betting on the tournament, or on a more full list of statistics, please feel free to stop by the... 

Boxing Office

...for more info.

With that she steps down, gives koifishie a high-five and walks inside to start writing up the betting numbers.

Report Post Tip

A slightly older-aged guy walks into the club.

"Hmm. My own boxing day are over, i fear, certainly with all the young excited talent around.
However, i would certainly love to watch the matches, and if possible, maybe coach a little bit here and there..?
Nothing thrives me more than helping youngsters in a community." :-)

The old man waits for a reply from the owner/instructor while he inspects the inner side of the building.

Report Post Tip
What are the odds on the fighters ?
Report Post Tip

charmander looks at roster and sees her opponent is wise old man as she than runs off to the gym to begin her training. ..

Report Post Tip

How sublime! Looking forward to the spectacle.

SydBarrett goes of to the gym to work with Ol' Punchbag Joe on his uppercut.

Report Post Tip

Palerider lives in the gym and the ring ... lol

Report Post Tip

charmander puts her little gloves on and trains for the big fight....

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Broadway Boxing Beatdown
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL