Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 13:41:34
Page:  1 
Choosing who to follow. Started by: Curtis on Oct 02, '14 12:52

Curtis had been sober for some time now and it was beginning to concern him. If he passed the 24 hour mark he was sure to lose his edge. Deciding the monk's life of silent meditation and abstinence were for more stoic men, he kicked open a crate at the delivery door of a local speak easy and took his fill. The warm burn of the whiskey seemed to wash the back of his eyes and rinse the dust from his dangerously dry brain. Feeling clear again, he noticed a young man fresh off the boat wandering around the streets. Obviously lost and unsure of what to do, it made Curtis think about the decisions a new arrival has to make. He decided to go talk to the community.

"I've been looking at the situation facing you new arrivals. I'm not talking about being bombarded with mails and introductions, more the choices you face in selecting a family. I have never mailed anyone asking if they'd like to join a family, none of my bloodline ever have and it is a tradition I intend to continue. I have spoken to many new arrivals though and I always encourage you to look around at your various options and go into the streets to learn more about the people that run our many families before you make your choice.

Now I've been around the various districts and cities and watched our leaders. I've noticed many things. In a lot of cases to notice nothing has been the something to notice but still, we move on. It got me thinking about the various choices people have about who to join. There are many types of leader to choose from but for the sake of time I'll use examples of just a few in the hope it may be of some use to people trying to find their way to a new home. Out of fairness I will take each example from a different city."

He takes another swig of burning refreshment before continuing.

"The most obvious example to start with, given recent events and activity, would probably be Achilles in New York. This is a very outgoing presence and is no stranger to coming out here and speaking to everyone. Regardless of your opinion of the man, he has a very active street presence. In fact between him and his right hand Heel they make up one of the most active and combative street speaking teams in our entire community. Although he's often portrayed (by himself also) as a preposterously self-absorbed egomaniac who has little or no regard for lesser folk, I can reveal that in the privacy of his own HQ he's a bit of a softy. He takes far more care and interest in his members than they like to admit. Outside however he maintains the image of a brutal dictatorial despot and that seems to be serving him well. Anyway, this would be a first example. Very dynamic, very vocal and happy to court controversy. 'Hostile maverick sex tornado'. 

Next Leader that makes for a benchmark example, would be Jono in Chicago. He has an equally impressive street presence but in a very different style. Jono has also taken a very holistic, inclusive approach to his leadership and made a bold move by including all his members in most of his plans. This is highly unorthodox but his honest policy has so far reaped great rewards with the productivity and collective endeavor of his family. Very much a fatherly figure to his membership his emphasis is greatly on teaching, nurturing and encouraging his young members to develop their street speaking ability along with their crew-related skills. Ever the planner and strategist, his view is always to the future and the next step that can be made. So he will make example two. Inclusive family man, developmental strategist and encouraging teacher. 'The inclusive open teacher'. 

Third leader as an example on this list would be TyrionLannister in Los Angeles. His street presence differs from the last two in that he is not so prominent and ever present. Although he doesn't begin many discussions he is always attentive and does join in various discussions when he feels he has a point to make. Not as public about his internal structures and methods as either of the previous examples, his house is quite closed to the outside. The productivity and the street presence of his right hand ZoeH also speaks well for him. So this is example three, an active participant in the streets but a private leader in his own house. 'Private but sociable and vocal'.

Last we have LostMyMind in Detroit. Here is someone with absolutely zero street presence. As such it is impossible to ascertain anything about his personality, intellect or leadership style as he has literally nothing to say in public. A very private individual who sees no purpose and feels no obligation to come into the streets for any reason. He seems entirely reliant on the occasional street appearances of his RHM PaleRider. Often leaders like this spend the majority of their time in the coffee shops and make their presence felt there and there only. Further analysis of this type of leader (which to be fair there are manyI only picked this one as an example from the final developed city, nothing personal) is impossible due to their unbroken seclusion. 'Silent and private'."

Stealing another few swigs of the creature, he puts the bottle back in his long coat and rounds up the point.

"These are just a few examples of different leadership styles. Everyone is different but this covers some basic bases. It is important to take the time you have to read what you can, listen to what people have to say and make the best decision you can about who to join. In all probability you will end up giving your life for the person you follow so make damn sure you think they are worth it. 

I'd also like to open this up to the experienced members of our society and ask you to contribute your opinions. What have been your experiences and what have you learned about choosing a leader? What sort of a leader do you look for? How do you find them? Some of you older generations will doubtless have advice and examples to help our new arrivals make more informed decisions."

Hoping to hear others contribute to helping newer arrivals, he sits down and resumes the business of drinking. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $1,500,000 Tip

Zephyra slips into the crowd unnoticed. She listens intently as Curtis speaks. Stepping out from the shadows of the taller and bigger men and women of this community.

My bloodline has been here awhile. Quite often my ancestors have tried working for those she considered friends. At least my mother and her mother before her did. It did not work out so well. Friends have a tendency to say things they don't mean from time to time. They may think your friendship is more important than the value of your hard work. Well that is never true for me. I value my hard work more than some leaders do.

So this time I was approached by a few people. I took my time and talked to everyone. I spoke to my now Godfather to understand how he likes to do things, and I spoke to my now crewleader for a length of time before I joined Inglewood. Why did I do this? Well I knew nothing about them. I had never really spoken to either before and I wanted to make sure it would be a potentially good fit.

Zephyra pauses for a minute to gather her thoughts that were constantly on the go. Putting them back into place before she continued.

I am aware all leaders do things differently. I am also aware of the sponsors that will say anything in hopes that you will work for them. I wanted somewhere that was blatantly honest. Somewhere that wasn't interested in sugar coating and wasn't trying to whore me.

Not every leader is a good match for someone. You need someone that will work with your strengths and won't bring out the worst in you. It is the worst that leads to bad reputations and rumours. I didn't want any of that if I could avoid it.

So I joined a group of leaders that I knew practically nothing about. I mean what is the worst that could happen? I didn't know them and they barely knew me since I had just arrived off the boats. I have enjoyed working under Drexler and Silvio--Dante. Maybe they aren't out in the streets as much as I am but they are very decent men to work for. At least in my own opinion.

So for new members in our community I always recommend they use the time to talk around. Get to know their potential leaders and see if it would be a proper fit for them instead of making a hasty decision.

Starting to lose focus she looks around for a nearby thug that could run to the local liquor spot for a flask refill.

Report Post Tip

Heel swaggered out of one of his favourite haunts, The Peach Pit and made his way back towards the HQ. He had managed to ditch that buzz-kill Achilles for the first time in a long time and he had been out enjoying himself with his many low ranked friends. As he wandered home, he noticed Curtis holding a fine discussion that wasn't getting the attention it deserved. He decided he best contribute. 

Apologies for not getting to this topic sooner, Curtis. I have been meaning to share my thoughts on this for awhile, but I've spent so long with Achilles draped across my shoulders, I haven't quite found the chance. Fortunately I've managed to shake him off for an hour or two while he pens his latest tear-stained note of affection for Whatsername, alone in his bedroom, so here I am; Heel, at your service.

Heel tips his hat to the gathering. 

Now, I've always questioned the amount of thought people actually put into one of the most important decisions they make; who to join. We all know of the mad scramble that exists when a new thug starts pulling jobs for one of our guys in the street and suddenly they are inundated with messages from the biggest names in the business, which means more often than not, the decision is rushed and choices are made for the wrong reasons.

People have a natural instinct to gravitate towards the largest (and typically strongest) families out of a sense of self-preservation. Equally, people are motivated to be associated with acquaintances and friends who they have likely known for a number of generations. But for me, I've always found the best way of selecting a family to join is by actually finding out what they stand for.

Sounds obvious, doesn't it? If I'm going to commit myself, my future and very likely my life, to become part of something, shouldn't I at least do some research into the thing and people who comprise it first? The answer should be a resounding yes and yet I see people join families whose leadership are completely anonymous. How much can you learn about someone who doesn't proffer an opinion on anything? Who doesn't display their stance on issues that affect their family? Who doesn't give any indicative information about themselves beyond a brief description with the local toughs and tags on a fancy suit? To me, it is next to nothing.

Take Zephyra for example. There is rarely a topic where she and I share an opinion and often we are the two sides of a debate, but for some people, I'm sure they agree with her point of view. So if I was looking for a family, I now know how one of the ranking members in that organisation think and feel on some emotive issues. That will act as a great point of guidance for me as I now have an insight into that family and can accordingly make an informed decision. Whilst it is likely that I'd clash with her and would look for a different family as a result, for others her voiced thoughts would demonstrate a good reason to work for Drexler.

That to me is the way it should be. Make an informed decision based upon the evidence right in front of your eyes from how people speak and interact in the street and you'll probably end up in the right family. Choose someone you haven't heard speak more than a sentence when they got the nod to branch out just because they mailed you first and then you're committing the rest of your life on blind luck. Not the best start for any man.   

Report Post Tip

Choosing who you want to be with is indeed an important decision. Unless you are one of those bloodlines that like to throw themselves off a building, or into a bullet after only approaching these shores just a few days before, this decision is not to be taken lightly. There are several deciding factors that people can use.

• Street activity

Street activity, to me, is a double edged sword when it comes to aspiring thugs wanting to find a family. Sure, they may see a well thought out, smartly dressed, eloquent leader who voices their opinion in such a way that the aspiring thug wants to raise up the ranks under their tutelage, but it can also has the opposite effect. You could see a leader, albeit very active in the streets, speaking what's on their mind, just for the aspiring thug to think they are a "bit of a prick". Street activity is a lovely idea and should be boosted, but it also has the negative effect. This being one of them.

• Personal interaction

Personal interaction is definitely an important factor for me. Agreed, that a lot of the times, the big boss is normally busy doing their errands and duties, but I still like the personal touch that a crew leader can reach out and hold a conversation with the prospective member. Obviously this is not always a viable option and it's left to the hands and sponsers to reach out. Having a sponser stood in front of you, barely registering human emotion, saying a few sentences that you suspect have been repeated a million times before, is not an attractive quality. Even worse than this are the sponsers who spit out "WANNA JOIN MY CREW, MATE?", or without uttering any words,  just randomly hand out crew invitations to every Tom, Dick and Harry.

• The cumulative power of a city/district

This indeed has a big impact on the choice of most people, and rightly so. This life is all about self preservation. One of the underlying objectives of most people in our way of life is to survive for the longest amount of time possible and joining a big powerful city is a logical way of doing this. It's not always the right decision, but for the most part, it is logical.

People have a natural instinct to gravitate towards the largest (and typically strongest) families out of a sense of self-preservation. Equally, people are motivated to be associated with acquaintances and friends who they have likely known for a number of generations. But for me, I've always found the best way of selecting a family to join is by actually finding out what they stand for.

I couldn't agree more with this statement. This is exactly what my bloodline does. The proof being that a lot of my blood line have featured in cities and district that are just starting up, or are severely smaller than the others. To me, finding out what the family stands for with regards to goals, achievements and way of life, is definitely key to ensuring your happiness with a prospective family.

Just to summarise quickly,  I believe that street activity can be an important factor into choosing said family, but definitely should not be the only factor for new members. I know that no one is saying this, but I thought I would outline the notion that a crew leader with little street presence is not necessarily a bad choice, and a crew leader with a big street presence is not necessarily a good choice.  Other factors should be taken into consideration with regards to all the new faces, just like it was for me when I first arrived at these shores.

Report Post Tip
  • Street activity

Street activity, to me, is a double edged sword when it comes to aspiring thugs wanting to find a family. Sure, they may see a well thought out, smartly dressed, eloquent leader who voices their opinion in such a way that the aspiring thug wants to raise up the ranks under their tutelage, but it can also has the opposite effect. You could see a leader, albeit very active in the streets, speaking what's on their mind, just for the aspiring thug to think they are a "bit of a prick". Street activity is a lovely idea and should be boosted, but it also has the negative effect. This being one of them.

Gravity, you raise a great point. This is a double edge sword for sure. 

Well said sir.  

Report Post Tip

Silvio hears a discussion going on and hears his name mentioned so listens for a while before making his way to the front to speak

firstly some great points made by all I commend them all especially the one about street speaking as I have not been as active as some but I agree that it can be a good influence or bad depending on how its put across when read by a new mobster!

I also agree that I in the past followed people I knew on here and that stood me in good stead but also alienated me from some by association which was sad but a part of the game I suppose.

I go where there is opportunity and where new people can get somewhere on hard work and dedication I have been lucky to work for some great leaders and have not disgraced myself at all but learnt quickly who I'd not work for again.

I have tried to practice what I preach and have tried to give people the chance given to me in the past but I'm not perfect and have lost members but learnt from it and that is the key.

I follow leaders and leaders don't go around telling everyone they are the boss or stripe up at the first opertunity , if you keep having to say you are the boss you simply are not.

Report Post Tip
I dont know how relevant this is, but my opinion on leading is a simple one. You do not look to your members and ask what they can offer you. You should look at your members, and ask yourself what you can offer them. For myself, personally becoming a crew leader was my ultimate goal..once I achieved that goal I decided that I would spend the rest of my days helping my members achieve their own goals. I do not lead with an iron fist, I do not command, demand or push my rank and status in any of my members faces. I just guide them as best I can, provide them a safe environment to play, earn and learn. I respect each and every man that passes through my care as an equal, no matter their rank. I try to be fair with them all, give them all the same oppertunities to progress and prosper. My greatest enjoyment is watching the people who join me blossom and grow. Finding their place among us, bringing their unique talents and personality into play.

to me, a good leader is someone who helps you, someone who believes in you and is willing to give you chances. Like Desmand did with me. He brought me up in this world as a noob with no name, I like to think I have done him proud.
but without these types of people, it can be a hard world to be a part of.
Ill take my hat off to any crew leader who can step up and put his members wellbeing before his own, its not an easy thing to do. We spend a lot of time and energy..some even a lot of money getting up to where we are today. But if we dont use our influence to nurture the next generation of players, then how can we ever hope to keep our ideals alive.

there are some leaders here whos methods I dont understand, Achillies for example. When everything blew up over a street thread he made, having squishy come after him with a huge bounty, and then everything that escuilated from there..ill admit, I did not agree with that specific thread, in fact quite the opposite. However, it did not effect me to the point I wanted him to die, or put hits on him or anything so extreem..I did not understand his method, but I knew he had the right to use his own method. I respect the man for taking the continued heat, keeping his chin up and carrying on as usual. Stick to your guns kinda guy, I like that.
watching the whole thing unfold, just proved to me that you cant allways judge a book by its cover, nor condemned a man for a few words of choice.
Report Post Tip

Curtis listens to the various mobsters contribute to the discussion.

"Zephyra. I can understand anyone with such a catastrophic track record taking that approach to finding a leader to follow. Surely the mire of bad blood and ill feeling trailing around behind such a long line of disasters would be hard to shake off. It would prove very tough to get anyone to give you a truly clean slate to begin again. As such I can completely understand taking a home from someone you have no prior connection to and no knowledge of. If you truly want to make a fresh start then it is indeed worth putting in the extra effort to find a leader who will give you that honestly clean slate to work from. 

I remember one of my ancestors being approached by the bloodline of Clipper. He was fresh from several abysmal incarnations and had not long HQ'd half of my friend's family after he'd been mistakenly given control for a short time. This was a real shit-bucket of a bloodline and no mistake. I held several conversations with him and in the end decided that I could not claim to hold the principals I do and not give him a chance. So I did. He had absolutely no power and he had to work really bloody hard from very little reward but I gave him a fair shot. In the end, he died honorably and serving the family as best he could. It was a good exercise for my ancestor and for Clipper too I think. I wouldn't say that one well-lived life did much to clear the generations of shit he'd piled up in the past, but it did him no harm and it was the first step on a long road back to redemption.

So yes, finding someone your blood has no history with can work out very well as a clean slate exercise. As for who that leader would be, I suppose will depend on how many leaders are left who don't have regrets connected to your blood and who you think offers the best set of characteristics for you to lay down your life for."

Taking a swig from his flask, he offers Heel a nip and addresses his friend.

"Heel. I'm not sure anyone could argue with your approach to finding someone to follow. I suppose in the most literal sense, everyone makes the most informed decision they can given the information they have found. The question then becomes, what information have they found? If any? This has always been a reason I always favored vocal leaders. After all, when people first arrive here off the boat, they don't immediately know that half the community only talk in coffee shops or indeed how those coffee shops really work. Getting bombarded with mails and introductions is rarely more than a confusing irritant. Networking and getting to know people needs to be learned like anything else.

No, the first and most accessible point of information about the community around them, is the streets they begin by walking. They can see the bold suits and jaunty hands as anyone can but as you say, they mean little without substance to back it up. Sure people will always be drawn to the largest and most visually commanding presence they see but there is nothing anyone will ever do to change that. I'd say get out there and listen to what people are saying. If you like the sound of someone you are listening to, ask around a bit, get more information about the person and build up the best picture you can with the time the gods allow you. Its such a big choice, you may as well take your time with it."

Curtis turns to Gravity and nods in appreciation of his contribution.

"You make a valid point about street presence being a double edged sword but if we imagine the new arrival being a customer then surely its better for them if they can see the good and the bad. If a leader can't manage to organize a few sentences then are they really worth following to begin with? I know I have never wanted to follow someone who was clearly mentally challenged. Some leaders are aware they are not good at speaking and avoid the streets, opting instead to make their presence felt in other areas. Whether that be in coffee shops or by having very vocal members to represent them or doing publicly visible acts that draw attention. There are many options. It is said that intelligence is knowing a window is dirty and wisdom is cleaning it. In the same vein, knowing you are not good at speaking is intelligent, finding ways around it is wise. Wisdom always commands respect and is always and attribute worth following."

Curtis turns to Silvio--Dante and shakes his hand.

<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)">"It is always good to see a Godfather out in the streets Silvio and I am grateful you have joined our discussion. You list some noble attributes there, not least of which would be the statements of humility. Humility that is, not weakness. For a newcomer to this thing of ours, to see someone in your position talk about being </font>fallible and imperfect, is always encouraging. I know my line have often chosen families lead by people they did not have prior knowledge of. In these cases the hard working human attributes of the leaders were always a source of inspiration. To work hard and more importantly, to trust their leaders. Knowing the leader is a fallible human makes it easier to go to them with problems and even admit mistakes when they happen. Any leader will say they would rather know immediately if a member fucks up as the sooner it gets found out, the easier it is to fix. The only way to get members to do that, is through earning their trust. I think these are critical attributes for a successful leader to have."

Finally he turns to Genocide and smiles.

"Genocide, I am glad you have come out here to contribute. Your line is new to me as, from what I can gather, it is to most. I must say however that my initial impressions of you don't match the actuality of what you are as a man and a leader. At first glance you appear to be anything but affectionate and understanding. your exterior image is less than cuddly to say the least. However after a few brief conversations with you and indeed, listening to the things you have said in the streets, I know you to be a very thoughtful and caring individual. As we just mentioned with Silvio, you have been inspired by someone who took the time to talk and find out about you. To care about your goals and help you develop. That human element is a very powerful attribute for a leader to have. It can turn an average Thug on the street into a real sworn brother, someone who will lay down their life for you, not because they are obligated to you, but out of love. Real loyalty that is earned because you have taken the time to nurture and help each individual. If a member of your family knows you care about them, I mean really knows it, they will go to the ends of the earth for you. And that is the kind of devotion you just can't buy."

Curtis takes a swig from his seemingly bottomless flask and looks around.

"Thank you guys for your input. Some very important points raised."

Report Post Tip

My dear friend Curtis what an excellent topic.  Now let me go back to when my bloodline first arrived on these shores. The first thing he did was head to the streets to find out what the leaders were all about and he found an ancestor of Heel's on the streets trying something different https://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/71135#769837

He was immediately drawn to this little venture and had a chat  about joining him, which turned out to be a successful venture for my linage. From then my bloodline has mixed it up joining people known to my bloodline, to joining people I have never worked with before. For example when I found my way to this world my father left me a note stating that Goku believed in strict standards to reach Made Made something that my bloodline had always been keen on so it was a no brainer.

As has been said I don't understand the thought process of joining the first person that has contacted you. Whenever I recruit I tell people to look around as there is no point joining a family that don't work they way you do as it isn't going to end well. Personally I think because of the amount of families we have dotted around the competition for members is unreal so recruiting turns into a race rather than something that should take time and allow the new members the time to work out what is right for them and what is right for the family.

Report Post Tip

Disclaimer: LostMyMind is only allowed from the psych ward for a short period of time everyday. He is considered highly dangerous and completely unstable on his own. Proceed with caution when approached.

The short bus drove up to where a group of promising men and women had gathered to converse. I parked the bus grabbing everyone's attention immediately. It was a rare occasion to see the Corktown crime syndicate gathering in the streets. The men and women eagerly anticipated what they had to say.

Godfather ChristionTheLion unbuckled PaleRider from his chair and allowed him to remove his helmet now that the bus was not in motion. Walking through the sliding door and around to the back of the bus Christian unlocked a few locks. opening the door he revealed LostMyMind wearing his signature straight jacket on.  

Latching a chain to his captain he walked him towards the group slowly not to startle all of them right away. With captain in paw the lion greeted the group by handing them all bacon cooked from his friend -Iocaste.

Good day one and all. I know your all probably quite entertained with my appearance already as they are quite rare and scarce at the moment, but today is your lucky day. I am willing to share my outside time I get with my captain with all of you. I am sure the local authorities are hot on my trail as we are already going past our time allotted to be outside a maximum security premises. I will keep it short and sweet as I was not the topic of conversation when it comes street presence but I am just as guilty as he is. We are a small tight knit group in Detroit and enjoy what we've made of it. We may not be the biggest district on the block, but we are all close and appreciate what we got.

Even though we aren't the most predominate city in the life of organized crime we live we strive looking into the future for Detroit in a positive direction. I enjoy and appreciate those that have stuck by my side and those that will continue to support the future of Corktown. 

Unlatches the buckles on LostMyMinds muzzle and removes it from him face and proceeds to back away holding his chain tightly. 

Report Post Tip

LostMyMind feels the muzzle come off, but the chain attached to his back tighten at the same time. He attempts to make a run for it, but cant overpower the massive lion holding his chain. Frustrated by this, he begins to growl at everyone in the crowd.

I see today, that a man by the name of Curtis, whoever this man may be, has brought my name to the streets, questioning my presence. As you can all see, It is not that easy for me to get outside, let alone to come to the streets. Christian keeps a very tight chain on me, literally.

Lost points to the chain, then snarls at curtis a little louder.

My street presence is barely there, but my Family and my district are what matter most to me, and as you can see, my family is booming, and my district is growing rapidly. As godfather Christian said, we are tight knit, we dont need to be out here gloating or arguing with anyone to succeed where we want to.

Lost begins gnawing on his fingertips and pulling at his hair, the meds must be wearing off, Christin sees this and quickly throws the muzzle back on and drags him back into his cage on the back of the bus.

Report Post Tip

After watching the arrival of the short bus and the ensuing chains and sideshow characters, Curtis steps past the shackled dribbler and walks over to his friend Spunky.

"Spunky! Good to see you too. Nice to have another Godfather here to contribute to the discussion. I do like the scenario you presented. That is exactly the kind of innovative thinking that would have drawn my eye too. It's creative and thought filled and exactly the sort of thing that provides a platform for development. As you say you always encourage people to look around before they make their decision and it pays to do so when there are options for all people. Doubtless this would not have appealed to some and that would not make them better or worse for it. Some prefer rigid dogmatic format, some prefer to be largely left to their own devices and others want to be embraced and taught from loving arms. I can see your line has always been one to crave challenge and innovation, to be mentally engaged and industrious. There are many possibilities around if people take the time to look. As you say competition for members is fierce with the vast number of families around but I've always found the crews that grow slowly are usually the ones that end up the strongest. It pays to be patient when bringing in the right candidates."

Turning to ChristanTheLion he smiles and respectfully shakes his hand.

"Godfather Christian, I'm very happy you could make it here. I must also thank you for liberating your man to join us too! I am particularly pleased for you guys to be here as you represent a thriving and yet harder to measure element of our society. As you will have noticed the general thrust of this discussion is about new arrivals to these shores and how they find homes. In most of what I and the others have discussed, there have been examples of different types of leadership and forms of attraction. Your families are of more recent generations in style and have generated your following without a great deal of street presence. Whether that be through sending emissaries to meet arrivals fresh off the boat or word of mouth or coffee shop presence, I don't know but it certainly works for you. Please understand, I am not knocking what you are doing or how you are doing it. Sure I am from very old generations that have different methods but that does not blind me to evolution and progress. I am interested to know more about your development."

Curtis turns to LostMyMind and smiles broadly.

"I am the man called Curtis, this is who I may be. How delightful of you to join us. I'm so happy Christian was able to spring you from the home for long enough to come and say hello. Now, I'm not sure what sedatives or other meds they may have you on in there but in case you were unable to hear my initial discussion where I mentioned you, you would have heard that I didn't say your method of leadership was right or wrong. I never 'questioned' your presence, I stated you have zero street presence. Which, until this moment, was a fact. Not a question. I also stated that you choose to lead in a different way. That has been a large part of the discussion. Different leadership styles and different ways for new arrivals to find families that will work for them. Your family as you correctly observe, is thriving. Well done, great work. We are interested in knowing more about how you lead, what you do that attracts new members, how you lead your family and so on. As I said to your Godfather, I'm old school and have different methods. Not better, just different. And as someone who always wants to learn, evolve and develop, I am interested, as are other old schoolers, to know more about mute leadership and how you do it."

Feeling the need to clarify his position, he drank a little more and cleared his throat.

"I did not give the examples I gave to make out one leader to be good and another poor. In reality I could have selected any number of leaders that fulfilled each of the categories and used them as examples instead. Sadly maybe not that many that would have filled Jono's shoes but then who would? God rest his sweet scouse soul... I just chose one from each of the developed cities. None of these styles of leadership are right or wrong, they are just different. It is imperative that each new arrival take the time to find out as much about the options open to them as possible, before they take the plunge."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Choosing who to follow.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL