Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 22:30:40
Page:  1 
A Notsofriendly Reminder Started by: Mako on Oct 07, '14 01:48

Mako was smoking a cigarette on the busy streets of Chicago, watching the civilians of the city bugger off to their work place or forming a strong willed walk to get home on good time. The Godfather of The Loop always had his free time, and it wasn’t very often that he spent that lingering around the city limits. 

Just as a Mako was listening to a boy try his hand playing a guitar on the streets, out of the corner of his eye there was another approaching young lad. This one was his own. Well, not his own blood per say, but the boy was useful all the same. It came to no surprise from what the youngster whispered in his ear, rushing down the sidewalk in the opposite direction. 

Mako put out his cigarette and continued in the direction from which the boy came from. After turning the corner of a local dark alley, he could see the worry that whispered in his ear. There was a normal Wise Guy from some buttfuck city that Mako didn’t care to notice, preaching to the passerby’s and whoever would listen to him. The Wise Guy was calling for the head of a Don from The Loop, throwing out every disrespectful insult they could think of. You could see in his eyes how desperate the man was.

Without hesitation, Mako lifted a pistol from his holster and put a single bullet through the head of the Wise Guy. The people ran, screamed, and scattered from the loud noise. Mako didn’t notice them, only wiped the blood away from his face with his black shirt. 

“Such a shame. About everything, really. This world of ours really loses its touch at times, and it’s fucking pathetic. Who did this Wise Guy think he was, sitting there bashing a Don from The Loop? I hope he thinks about life after death, because that’s all there will be for him.”

A sickness grew across Mako’s face. 

“Too much of this shit has been happening, to be fair. Too many of those snotnosed punks talking down to people who are higher than them. Too many leaders standing to the side and letting it happen. Where is the fucking backbone to some people? There’s always ways to open a debate or argument, but you must remember who you’re talking to and do it with some respect. Respect to our higher ranks is being looked over and passed, and it’s sickening. We almost let anyone get away with practically anything they say, but that responsibility lays with the leader.... or at least in my opinion. 

Well, all that shit stops on the end of The Loop. I expect my leaders and high ranks to be talked to with respect. I let too many mishaps slide and I stayed in the shadows, listening to the whispers from the Illuminati. Not any more. You talk to my leaders and Dons with respect, or not at all. They’ve done something that you haven’t: Earned it for my behalf.”

After taking a breath, Mako lights up another cigarette and takes a long drag.

“Some of you might be standing there saying, ‘they don’t respect me, so I don’t have to respect them,’ or ‘it doesn’t matter about my rank, I can respect and disrespect who I like.’ 

No, no you can’t. You’re a slight end of an idiot if you think that rank has NOTHING to do with respect. I don’t give two fucks about who your father was or what kind of bloodline you claim or disown, this way of our world is starting to become lost... along with a handful of other things. Next time you’re about to be deliberately disrespectful to a higher rank than yourself, maybe you should eat your words or find a better way to approach what you’d like to say. I honestly don’t care if a Consigliere Crewleader calls you a ‘pissant’, that’s their right as a high ranked crewleader and their opinion. It’s safe to say that opinions different, and you should keep your opinionated response, but I don’t expect to see you disrespect the crewleader in return. 

Plain and simple, know your place. This is the mafia, is it not? There is a totem pole whether you like to admit or ignore its existence.”

Mako scans the crowd of people that have gathered. When he seen his reflection in the window of a car, he noticed he still had some blood spots on his face, which he immediately cleaned off. 

“Then I look around and I see Made Men that don’t have their families tattooed to their body. In fact, they have practically no way of indicating what criminal organization they come from at all. And these people... are given promotions? They can’t even represent you and your family in the correct manner, but they are given promotions? Some are even given, or get their own, mass amounts of bodyguards or a hand spot to their leader. Perhaps that’s just the crew leader not pressing the matter or asking them to maybe show some indication of being from their fine family, and thus ignoring it straight altogether and still giving these people promotions without requiring it. Not leading by example. 

Ladies and gentlemen, that’s what I like to call ‘bullshit’.  And the bullshit is contagious to the rest of the world.

But the blame can only be laid in once place... The leader. It’s the mediocre leadership that allows this bullshit to happen. Lowering the standards of themselves, which in turn lowers the standards of their district and then the country. ‘Well, so-and-so does it, I might as well too.’ That makes you a follower, not a leader.”

After another drag from his cigarette, he begins to randomly point at people in the crowd. 

“Or those of you that like to disregard the loyalty of their family or district to go play skinfiddles with the hitman to place hits. Laugh now, because if you’re found out, the only person laughing will be the man with the guts not to hide anonymously from killing you. Loyalty is like loose leaf paper to some of you, no doubt. Don’t tell yourself any different, because you’d just be lying to yourself. Putting your family at a risk like that is selfish behavior, so better cuff that secret close.

But honestly, the thing that baffles me the most are the lack, if existent, of people sending up witness statements when asked for them. Are your leaders not asking for them? Are the hands not doing their jobs? Or are some of you just being little turds? There’s something very flawed with this right now. We have taken up a practice in my district, and as I’ve seen in others, to pay for these witness statements. Which isn’t a bad idea at all.

But should it really come to that? I think not. We shouldn't have to buy loyalty. 

If you’re not sending up witness statements to the right people, you’re doing a piss poor job of doing what’s required of you. That, or you’re just lazy. I think it’s safe to say if you’re caught snuffing these, than you know what will happen if you’re caught. It’s not crazy to believe that this is punishable by death.

In fact, all the situations I’ve mentioned are things that can be considered deadly to your well being. These specific standards are starting to fade and be a quality of what we have once known, instead of being a quality that is enforced. I can’t speak for others, but I can speak for myself. Hide a witness statement from The Loop, disrespect one of my high ranks or leaders in the wrong way, or show your true colored loyalty with the hitlist and get caught... And you might see just how seriously people still keeps their standards. I’d say that for just about anyone, not just The Loop. 

Harsh truth of it all? Perhaps, but someone has to say it. Or in this case, remind some of you.”

He turns his back to the crowd and steps over the body laying on the sidewalk, tossing his cigarette down as he passed. 

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $560,000 Tip

I'm not a kiss ass'er and nor I ever be period.

But Godfather Mako. I heard all these words and true facts you speak and was nodding to each and every statement. Everything is right to the point on today's current world we live in. 

Things like this are going to be like this for a long time unless each and every Crew Leader enforces these rules on all members more seriously. Now I know for sure that there is some Crew leaders that are 100% on point on all these ways of the old country. But is every crew, I don't know, apparently not because of the missing Witness Statements that never show up the countless deaths the never get reprimanded for.

Maybe things will never be the same like it was 10 years back. Thank God someone finally came out and said it. WTF is going on???  

There was punishments for these things, if one didn't follow, these people were made exampled of. 

The punishment after a second time should be serious. I remember times when you were asked 3 times to tattoo our family name on yourself and if you didn't it resulted in death

Yes DEATH I said it. Something as simple as that cement shoes! What size you sir??. Seems mobsters were more strict back then, more relentless, more heartless towards the bullshit excuses of such simple asked tasks.

Shit something easy as signing the family contract rules should never be over looked and should be taken very seriously. I don't know Mako whats going on... is it pure laziness or the simple fact people don't give a fuck. 

I know I do....And I agree, things need to change. Lets hope this message reaches the masses in a actual positive note. 

Report Post Tip

But is every crew, I don't know, apparently not because of the missing Witness Statements that never show up the countless deaths the never get reprimanded for.

I would like to just point out that if people are burying Witness Statements that is not down to the leader. The leader may ask for them. The hands may also ask for them. A leader cannot make them appear if no one wants to send it up. That is down to the individual person who is hiding them. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I would like to just point out that if people are burying Witness Statements that is not down to the leader. The leader may ask for them. The hands may also ask for them. A leader cannot make them appear if no one wants to send it up. That is down to the individual person who is hiding them. 

I agree. Zephyra your right Leaders and Hands are asking and some are not showing up. 

Report Post Tip
It's good to see leaders coming out to the streets to speak on issues that are important to them. Seems to be a revival of that going on lately. It's also refreshing to see men coming out and talking like mobsters again for a change, not effeminate panty-waists. Men should be lovin' the females, not talking like them.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Dark stood back as GodFather Mako spoke. His each word rang with truth. Nodding She agreed with everything being said. Dark had been in this life long enough to know, the importance of W/S's needed. It had been awhile since Dark had been on the streets, guess it was time to make her appeance once again.

She stood there a bit longer, as people was talking, each responding to GF Mako's speech. Takes a smoke out and lights it up before taking a step from the wall.

"I would have to agree Mako, the importance of W/s are needed. as well as the respect for the higher ranks. But I would have to agree with some, its entirely the CL's or the Hand's fault..We can ask and pester til we are blue in the face and still get no reply. Now, Im not saying anything bad against anyone. Its just a pain in the ass when You ask and get nothing"

Dark took another long, deep drag before continuing on with Her comments..

"Seriously though, something has got to change. You cant force someone to give up important info, so maybe You can draw their asses out somehow. How so? Well, that I will leave up to the Ones higher then Me. So with that being said, and My meaningiless ramblings done, I will take My leave for now"

Dark smiled and nodded at the ones who cared to listen to her ramblings before tossing cig to ground and turning to slip back down the street..

Report Post Tip

Curtis listened intently to what Godfather Mako had to say. He was pleased to see him here entering the recent discussions.

"Godfather mako, I am very happy to see you here voicing this. The points you make about witness statements are valid but the others here have covered that. I would just like to say how pleased I am that you have come out and echoed a lot of the sentiments that Brendan raised and that myself, Spike and others have been discussing. 

To say the responsibility of bad and disrespectful behavior lies with the leader, hits the nail right on the fucking head. In all the histories I have known a leader was always held accountable for the actions of their made members. Sure, a wise guy or below could fuck up and they would just get removed. It was accepted that before someone had made their bones they were still a potential liability and sometimes had to be removed. That would normally be the limit of their impact. However Made Man and up, things were entirely different..."

Curtis took a quick nip from his silver flask and slipped it back into his pocket before making his point.

"When a leader gave someone their button, it meant they had vetted them. That they were sure about this individual and that they were wiling to stake the safety of their family on that assessment. They knew that from here on out, they would be held accountable for the actions and behavior of that individual. Because of this getting Made was hugely significant and everyone knew what it meant. There was respect for people who were Made and above because everyone knew what it meant to be promoted into the family proper.

As we stand here now I have raised this issue as has Brendan and Spike and Achilles and numerous others. There is an almost total lack of accountability any more. A Goomba mouths off at a Crew leader and no one kills them. In fact it goes on for days before it's deemed so ridiculous they they are removed. A Wise Guy shouts the odds at a Don and expects to live, then even defends their right to mouth off at the Don and is surprised when they are told to shut the fuck up. Even a fucking Capo shooting and killing the LHM from another district's family saw absolutely nothing done about it. A feeble one line apology and no consequences what so ever. 

I have to say the utter lack of accountability that leaders seem to face these days must be the root cause of all this slack discipline and abhorrent behavior. If it is clear there are no consequences then people will act up. Just like any ill disciplined child. It needs rectifying. It needs serious amendment."

Curtis looks at Mako.

"It needs people like you! You and others that hold your level of power and influence. To sit down and establish some rules. Even reintroducing old standards. To set those lines in stone and begin to enforce them. To bring this wayward ship back on course. The state of things as they are is becoming dangerously asinine." 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Well.Fucking.Said.

I have severly lost patience with the lack of standards in this thing of ours. Disrespect is far too common these days and its high time people started to have some accountability.

Curtis, you and I have always held similar standards and these matters and I'd like to just echo something you said there;

I have to say the utter lack of accountability that leaders seem to face these days must be the root cause of all this slack discipline and abhorrent behavior. If it is clear there are no consequences then people will act up. Just like any ill disciplined child. It needs rectifying. It needs serious amendment.

Never a truer thing said.. so, what happens if its not a member, but it's a crewleader? If they for instance are disrespectful to a member of the Godfathers immediate family, a Don perhaps. Is there still accountability? Who does it lay with, the Crewleader or their respective Godfather?

Standards are well and good, but if they aren't upheld then what use are they?

Like has been said, our standards are slipping and they have been for some time, but until they are addressed by one and all, then they will continue to slip.

I congratulate you Mako on coming out there to make your voice heard and let it be known that people don't fuck with The Loop and that you'll enforce such matters, I can only hope that these standards are picked up by others and upheld before we truely lose sight of the values and standards of old.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

Curtis nods as he listens to his friend. 

"I agree. Traditionally a Godfather would be held accountable for the actions of a crew leader under their command. It  always used to be that way and it would make perfect sense to reinstate it."

Report Post Tip

Zephyra rubbed her temples and shook her head as she listened to the two before her.

I disagree with those views. To hold a crewleader accountable is crazy. Can you tell me if you were a CL (or in Tyrion's case are a CL) that you will know who has an ulterior agenda to rogue? Who will get bored and rogue? Who will make a mistake and not check the tag of a low rank before they shoot? I think not. Lovely as it sounds this would only increase the silver platter syndrome. It will only help to ensure that those that are promoted would be the leaders best friends from the coffee shop.

Want to hold someone responsible? Hold the person themselves responsible. Want to end disrespect? Try being a role model and using some respect.

Our standards are slipping in this community. I have had ancestors remark on it but so long this is what the leaders have let it go to. Only leaders that want standards use them within their families. The others, well who knows what they want. They certainly aren't likely to be out here speaking about it.

Silence is a massive issue as well, maybe we can touch on that one too since leaders used to need a voice in the Streets. 

Taking her flask she wanders off.

Report Post Tip

I disagree with those views

Good. Nothing wrong with having a different opinion than others.

But as much as you may disagree with the views, I too disagree with yours. A crewleader is always responsible for their members, whether that be good or bad. Why should I get away with my member shooting at people or their hired help? Sure, I'm not pyschic, I don't know if someone will go mental and decide to put a bullet in the head of someone they shouldn't, but responsiblity and accountability are two very different things. It's my responsibility to handle my members appropriately and ensure such mistakes don't occur, if they do, then the member AND me are, or should, be held accountable. That may mean the death of the person responsible and a payment from me to keep things steady, or if such errors have occurred many times from my camp then it should mean the body bag is for me as I clearly wouldn't be doing a very good job at leading the family.

Thats how things were before, thats how they should have remained. I completely understand your view Zephyra, I can appreciate certain people may actually use the above logic to their own advantage and work for a leader they dislike with the plan of getting them into bother by committing bad actions whilst a member of their HQ, but unfortunately you still have to be held accountable as the crew leader.

Silence is a massive issue as well, maybe we can touch on that one too since leaders used to need a voice in the Streets.

I wouldn't say they "used" to need a voice, a voice in the streets simply gave them an advantage over other applicants when looking to buy their own HQ. Silent leaders aren't necessarily bad leaders, they just have a different style of leading. - don't get me wrong, I value street speaking as much as the next person and have long been an advocate of it being a requirement for all leaders to be seen in public, but it's wrong to suggest/imply it was ever the case that it was an actual requirement.

Report Post Tip

Maybe I read it wrong Tyrion but the way it was coming across to me was that a leader would know who was going to fuck up and who wasn't. To me that seemed ridiculous since you cannot predict which people are going to do such. Sometimes the people you think will fuck up and screw you over are the ones that end up showing the most work and loyalty.

I did not mean to imply a leader shouldn't be held accountable to an extent. I just don't think a leader should be assumed that they can predict the future of each and every promoted member. They can't.

It may not have been an actual requirement to speak in the streets but you can certainly see the leaders much more visibly. The streets gives you an inkling of what those leaders believe or stand for in discussions like this one. What their leading style may be like behind closed door I do not presume to know. I can only speak of what I know and I know there are very few leaders that show up in the streets for discussions.

Report Post Tip

I agree too that the disrespect handed out by some of these mere Wise Guy's and Thug's can be ridiculous. I have been on the brunt end of some of this shit as of late and it shocked me how many people didn't see it as a big deal. To me the respect and the fear of repercussions have gone. It's too easy in this day and age to take a warm bath and open up your wrists and have your son continue your legacy somewhere else and this worries some of these leaders with little backbone. "Oh but what if they don't like what I say? What if they suicide and their son helps another family?" Honestly, so what if they do? In my opinion and I have no doubt that as usual it may upset a few faces, there are too many asshats, running families of asshats. Too scared of losing that extra income and too scared to punish their guys.

As I said, I had been on the brunt end of this disrespect and for some I'm sure they felt I deserved it and maybe I did, but that doesn't mean it should be happening. I've made my bones and I'm a Don in this thing of ours, I have earned my respect and my title.

TyrionLannister, you raise a great point, what if a Crew Leader disrespects another important mobster? Well then maybe it's time for a sit down. Talk things over and try to come to a decision that is mutually beneficial to all. A private apology perhaps, one mobster saves face, the other receives his apology? That would be great imho but...

The truth of it is, whoever holds the power dictates the outcome. This life isn't always set on standards and rules and blanket guidelines. If those in power say go jump, you jump or you die. If they're not happy with the disrespect, they can demand something in return if they have the power to. If they don't then I think in order to stop it from coming to bad blood then a sit down is a good option. Alternatively the Crew Leader can stick to their guns if they're not worried about a reaction. It's all down to power though in my opinion and who holds it in that particular situation.

Mako, the lack of tattoos is something that annoys me and in the past I have seen upper structures without the tattoo's of their family too. It really is beyond me how leaders allow it but again, it's down to this lacklustre leadership we have seen around as of late. People need to be teaching the ways of a mobster to their family and if an upper structure can't get it right it doesn't instil a lot of confidence in me that they have taught the rest of their family. Is it down to us, those who know better to prompt these guys though? Maybe give their Godfather a nudge and bring it to their attention? 

Achilles shrugs

Witness statements and hit listing is again the act of disrespect and the act of people working alone and not within their family. These mobsters that do this kind of thing are going against our code and it seems to be on the rise as of late. People hit listing others for shits and giggles and others burying witness statements, it's a fucking joke and it's a problem I'm not sure how to tackle right now. The offer of cash rewards for witness statements is a good one but then I'd be annoyed by anyone willing to take the money. Maybe that is the current era of mobster we're in though and maybe this is how it has to be done for now.

Zephyra, there have been many discussions on lack of street presence, I'm not sure this is the time or place for it though. Your own leader is a friend of mine but at the same time, I don't see much of him in the street. Are you to call him out on this as you do the others who don't venture out here much? Quite odd really.

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

I am an odd one Achilles but at least he makes it out to the streets from time to time. I am referring to those that do not at all.

I only mentioned it since there was a list of standards that dropped, I felt this was also one that was missed from the list. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Notsofriendly Reminder
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL