Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 03:45:09
Page:  1 
Thank You Started by: Maria on Oct 07, '14 22:13

"Ah, what a beautiful morning!" 

Maria practically sang as she skipped out of her front door, into the crisp autumn morning. A smile on her face and a spring in her step, she set out on her way to Mako's HQ. It'd been a while since she'd last been there. Too long. It was alright though. She was on her way now, and that was what was important. 

She practically floated on air all the way to the HQ, and danced into Mako's office. Sitting herself down, she grinned and greeted Mako with a more cheerful "hello" than usual. Mako couldn't help but look at her like she'd grown another head. It had been more usual lately for Mako to secretly wonder if Maria had overdosed on her bitchy pills. Suspicion getting the better of him, Mako had to question this whole scenario. 

"Maria... what have you done? I haven't seen you so happy in a while - in fact it's a while since I've seen you do anything more than sleepwalk through our world! And recent events... well, it makes no sense for you to be happy! So, what gives?"

Maria grinned even more, making Mako quietly wonder whether Maria had finally crossed the line into being genuinely a bit of a deranged fucker. He cast his mind back to wonder whether or not he might've heard her mention lately a strong desire to acquire large numbers of pets of the feline persuasion. He surely hoped not. Having a gang of cats hanging about Bunny and HoneyBunny might end badly. 

Just as Mako was about to grab his phone and call some kind of head doctor - being careful to not make any sudden movements, of course - Maria answered. 

"Honestly, Mako... since I got your telegram the other night telling me that somebody actually wasted $7,000,000 dollars trying to get me killed... well, it's cheered me up no end. I was feeling like I was drifting through my life without purpose, as though I'd lost all my focus. I even lost any and all hunger for baiting my favorite fucktard. I mean, I'm pretty sure she's been trying to get me to take the bait, as she continues to confuse speaking with, erm, passing wind - I mean, it all sounds the same coming from her, so I can see her confusion, though I'm pretty sure that most of us would prefer to witness her loudly pass gas than attempt to be taken seriously - and I still haven't had any real hunger to go explain to her why she's a moron. I mean, if I'm not even baiting her, what the fuck AM I doing?! 

I just lost my passion, lost my drive, the thrill of the argument lost it's spark. But then I got your telegram. Oh god. Yes. A knock on my door, in the middle of the night. The message shoved under the door. The news, that somebody had hitlisted me. And for what? Because I annoyed them a while back? Damn, that made me tingle in all the right places. 

Who was it? I have no idea. They hid their name - although I have my suspicions. Maybe Zephyra learned from the car crash that was her ancestors attempt on my life, and found a sneakier (although thusfar equally successful) way to attempt to have me offed. Maybe she didn't. Maybe it was someone equally deluded and pathetic looking for a way to get one over on me. The fact is, it could be anybody. But the idea that somebody was willing to blow all that money to anonymously hitlist me because I annoyed them a while back, when I myself have been sleepwalking through our lives? 

It's brought my spark back. It's made me want to be here again. It's made me feel as though whatever the hell it is I do here, I do well. I mean, I got under somebodies skin so much? I'm doing something right! 

So, Mako... the hit might be gone from the hitlist, but the hit of excitement it's given me for our way of life? That's stayed. 

Whoever it was who placed that hit... I have to sincerely thank them. Because they did something that nobody else could. They gave me a reason to be here again."

Maria smiles serenely. leaning back on her chair. Yes, it was good to be back. 

Report Post Tip

Maria, run with it. 

Report Post Tip

Maria. Zeph wouldnt waste my money on a hit on you, as much as your lines do not get along! I'd have her guts for garters. I am glad whichever child did place a hit on your good self has sparked some sort of enthusiasm and excitement and given you this drive; yet feel it's unnecessarily aimed at one of my members, regardless of how you two get on.

Report Post Tip

Drexler, she wouldn't waste money on a hit on me? That doesn't really hold water considering one of her ancestors (and I've never seen anything to suggest that her entire bloodline isn't all equally as idiotic) wasted her life on trying to kill me, as a Don crew leader, the acting Godmother of her district, along with jeopardizing the lives of the people who had given her their loyalty. Just to miss a shot at me. So, I'm not going to rule out that she placed that hit. Her line has thrown far more away before than she would be throwing away if she did this and you found out. 

And, if she did put that hit up, I would hate to think that I didn't thank her properly for giving me a reason to be here again! That'd just be rude as hell of me! Whoever did put it up has really made me want to be here again and I didn't think that was possible. They should be thanked! 

Report Post Tip

I think your making a little much of your history. So someone a long long time ago took a pop and missed? Oh well. You seem rather obsessed with it as I've said to you in private.

It's good to see you back on the streets again though, Drexler is right in saying that no matter who it was that hitlisted you, at least they've put a fire under you again. We may not see eye to eye much on things, but it's always good to have someone to debate with and you certainly enjoy that, so you are in my view a welcome addition to the streets.

Report Post Tip

TyrionLannister, I've never made any pretenses that making her fuck her shit up like that was anything other than my favorite moment in my lines personal mafiosi history. Because, fuck, it was. 

Also, Zephyra, or whoever my anonymous hitlister is... THANK YOU AGAIN!

Maria blows a kiss.

My ego is loving this SO HARD.

I'd like to thank my mother for giving birth to me. My father for jizzing. Mako for taking me in, Jeddy for supporting my endevours, Desmand for stealing my ancestors name for his own children because I'm THAT COOL, Kyubey for being a kittybunny and most importantly, @Cantillion for not molesting me. Without all of you guys, I could never manage to make the histlist TWICE IN TWO DAYS. I love you guys.

Report Post Tip

I find that sorely disappointing though Maria. You have a lineage that was a leader themselves, but your favorite moment is the day someone you dislike missed taking a shot on you? Seems awfully bizarre to me. Each to their own though I guess.

Thinking back, I did find it hillarious when a Godfather Right Hand shot at a distant relative of mine and missed - purely because that Godfather was the most powerful mafioso around at the time. But even then, I can't imagine ever classing it as my favourite moment.

Report Post Tip

Was meeting Heel's ancestor's one of them, Tyrion?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

TyrionLannister, yes, my lines been a leader. But think back to the first time. You fucking surprised with how that ended that it doesn't exactly make the highlight reel? And the second time had it's own headaches and complications through much of the run. Both were fun times but the negative side keeps them off being particular favourite moments. Whereas that one was just fucking hilarious from start to finish.

Report Post Tip

Was meeting Heel's ancestor's one of them, Tyrion?

I hate to admit this Zack, I really do, but meeting Gwarble, a distant anscestor of Heel, was probably pivotal in my bloodline actually remaining a part of this thing of ours.

He brought back the hunger for AlabamaWorley, a hunger that had been missing for a long time and she went on to become a Godfather of Detroit and my bloodline hasn't been away from this life since.. so you have him to thank/blame for my existence around these streets really.

Report Post Tip

For you and so many others, Tyrion, I'm sure. 

Report Post Tip

Heel we fucking love you but you dont return our calls you bastard :(

Report Post Tip

I had reserved the rights to the name for our child Maria, someone has ruined the surprise it would seem. 

Report Post Tip

While your heart would've been totally in the right place, Desmand, I have to say I'm glad the surprise was ruined. You see, I've been thinking that I'd call our child Desria. Or Marmand. Or possibly Fred. Hadn't quite decided for sure yet! We obviously have much to discuss before the birth!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Thank You
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL