Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 19:22:24
Page:  1 
Domino's Daily Dose Started by: Domino on Oct 09, '14 12:47

It's a crisp and chilly Fall night in the Northside of Chicago.  A dim light can be seen through a small window of the Head Quarters for La Famiglia Albizzi.  Domino is inside her office working on the books and wrapping up the day's reports for Don Enaento.  Life in the mafia can be very lonely, especially at times like this... everyone else in the family has gone somewhere; maybe they're down at the new club ALAVITA!, maybe out to a wild party at El Diablos, maybe out on a midnight bootlegging run or a trucking heist, or maybe they're just sound asleep in bed.  Who knows, but they are somewhere out there... somewhere other than here.

Sometimes it feels like it was just yesterday, but sometimes it feels like it was years ago... Domino thinks to herself. Her mind drifted as she mentally reviewed all that's happened in such a short period of time. All of the new faces she'd met and places she'd been. The constant whirlwind of this big city life, with it's fast cars, fast trips, fast food, fast walkers and fast talkers... everything seemed so fast, fast, fast!

It has only been 2 months since she left her home in Florence to come help En setup his operation here on the Northside of Chicago. She reflects back on the grand opening of the new HQ they had and meeting Godfather Desmond, Godfather Silvio--DanteDon GenocideDon Penny, and Don SebasianSky for the first time, along with a host of other Chicago crew members.  And then there are the all the faces of the crew, sure some have come and gone, but those who've stayed have committed themselves to uphold the family code.

Domino looks up from the piles of papers, ledgers, spread sheets and charts that cover her desk – she leans back in the fine Italian leather chair she had shipped over from the old country, and stares up at the stars shining through the skylight above. In the stillness that surrounded her now, in the darkness of the night – this new life was such an overwhelming contrast to the one she'd left behind.

But yet, there was still the family business to attend to and she couldn't help but recall one of the favorite things her Grandfather use to say... Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella. English translation: “The melody's changed but the song remains the same.”

She smiled, brushed the hair back from her eyes, pulled out her grandfather's pocket watch, clicked it open and let out a heavy sigh. Oh how she missed that old man, Nonno was her idol, he had helped raise her out on the family farm & vinyard. When Domino was growing up, he would sit her on his knee for hours, telling her of his grand adventures back in the good old days with the Cosa Nostra in Italy and across all of Europe. He was feared by many, respected by most, and loved by all his friends and family, especially by his one and only grand daughter, his little principessa italiana, Nonno's little Domino.

That's it!! She suddenly blurts out loud, as if some make believe person was there to hear the enthusiasm in her voice.

I'm going to start writing daily bits of grandfather's wit and wisdom to share with all family members out there... no matter who they are... no matter where they are... no matter what their circumstances are... because maybe, just maybe some of them feel like I do at times... alone in the stillness of the night, or even caught up in the fast paced race of the day and overwhelmed by the challenges we all face. 

With that, Domino grabs her her smokes, a notepad and a pen and dashes down the hall to the kitchen to put on a pot of coffee. She sits down at the table and starts writting.. At the top of the paper, she scribbels the title “Domino's Daily Dose”Dose of what you may ask? Well check back in daily and see what she has to say next...

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $500,000 Tip

Major sees Domino's commotion and stops by to drops his 2 cents of granpa wisdom:

From my mother's father :"The price of liberty is constant vigilance" and "You either bring the solution or you're a part of the problem"

From my Father's father : "Whoever hits first wins"

From those two bits of knowledge one can have an idea of kind of enviroment this man was raise and what become of him

Report Post Tip
Dominos Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
Report Post Tip

Yep, 30 min. or it's free HumanGrowthHormone... lol - appreciate you popping by to inject a bit of humor :)

Report Post Tip

En walks into Domino's office and tosses a handful of paperwork onto the pile. She probably won't even notice. He notices several quotes sayings and who know what off to the side. He reads through the list, picks up a pen and adds to it.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

En set it back on the desk. Where was Domino? He left in search of her.

Report Post Tip

10/10 Daily Dose

Domino walks in her office, turns on the radio and Louis Armstrong's voice blares out of the box with a little West End Blues.  She shuffles the papers around and pulls out the note pad from the night before and notices a couple additions have been made, nice to see the mice have been playing while I was away - she thinks to herself and chuckles as she takes a sip of her hot caramel vanilla latte.  

Relaxing back in her chair, her eyes look up at the photo she had taken when she arrived in Chicago with the Padrinos.  She is filled with a sense of pride and admiration at the legacy they've built.  Whether society liked or didn't like their way of life, they were the Godfathers and they had impacted her, the family, the community, and history in such a profound way, that they had and would forever have, her utmost respect!!

Perfectshe said to herself... that will be today's daily dose topic - RESPECT

Domino reads aloud from what she had written in her notes: In Italy they say... rispettare It's just my opinion, but respect is a two-way street - if you want it, you got to give it!!  Most important thing to remember is that while it may be optional for civilians - it is mandatory for this crew and is our #1 rule!!!

She remembers reading an article in the Times by that really smart scientist inventor guy, Albert Einstein who once said:  “I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.”

Pretty good words of wisdom in my opinion, she thought.  Now Domino kicks back with her feet up on the desk and wonders what the others out there think about respect and what it means to them...

Report Post Tip

Ciro had been busy for a few days on a particularly fun mission out on the West Coast. He wondered how things had been going on back at headquarters and to appease his curiosity he decided to give La Famiglia a call. The phone ran and rang, no one picked up. Domino must have been up to her neck in paperwork and contracts. She was probably literally swimming in signatures....

Ciro got the answering machine and heard a delightful voice, Dominos.....

"You've reached La Famiglia, please leave your message and don't forget"

"La mala compagnia è quella che mena gli uomini alla forca"

(Bad company is the one that leads men to the gallows)

Ciro thought to himself, it's a good thing I don't keep bad company.

Cheers to Dominos Daily Dose - much better than Dominos Devilish Diatribe

Report Post Tip

Have you ever had one of those days?...  You know the kind where you wake up, burn the toast, find that you're out of coffee, stub your toe, see that the puppies have gotten into the trash and drug it all around the house?  Where anything that can go wrong, does and will go wrong?...  Well it seems that today is one of those days for me!  So today's daily dose topic is on - PERSERVERANCE

I'm sitting here looking down at the scribbled notes on my tablet and that word stands out like the north star on a dark night.  It for some reason causes me pause to say to myself: Domino, hang in there - take a deep breath and keep on keepin' on!

With that being said, here is my take on these kind of days, or on those kinds of situations that we find ourselves in where we wish we could change them:

We may not always have control over what happens to us...

but we ALWAYS have control on how we respond to what happens!!!

Report Post Tip

En hears of Dominos terrible day and jumps into action. He picks up the mess the puppies have made and puts them back with their mama, runs as fast as he can after coffee and cream, brings back bagels and cream cheese while he is at it, and serves her breakfast. En leaves a note by Dominos plate

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: “What!” You Too? I thought I was the only one. It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.

En looks around for someone to do something about Domino's toe. He draws the line at toes.

Report Post Tip

It was so nice to have taken a day off from working, it was time spent relaxing, unwinding and jotting down a few more notes to share with the family and friends.  Enaento had really made an effort to put a smile on my face after Saturday's fiasco, and that he did... it was those small simple acts of kindness that for me, make the biggest difference!

What better a topic for Domino's Daily Dose today than GRATITUDE

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough. It turns denial into acceptance, confusion into clarity and chaos into order. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, it brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. 

My Grandfather always told me, "Simple pleasures are life's greatest treasures".

It's so easy to remember all of the wrongs in the world, that we tend to forget all the rights.  

Happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something that we don't have, but rather it comes through recognizing and being filled with gratitude for what we do have!

What are you grateful for today?

Report Post Tip

I am always grateful for my Family, they've kept me alive in this world. So grateful for their strength and love.

Report Post Tip

En went and picked up his copy of Domino's Devilish Diatribe Domino's Daily Dose and read it. Today's topic was Gratitude. En smiled as he read it. When it came to making Domino happy, she made it easy. All the little things gained him brownie points. Surely enough, he burnt them up pretty fast with his antics though. In fact, all things considered he resided in negative numbers most of the time. 

Dominos final words were

What are you grateful for today?

En thought about this and then replied.

What makes me happy is when all of you are happy. I am grateful to have you guys in my life, for your love and support even when I drive you bonkers. Oh, and I am grateful for Curious George. He rocks. En said thinking of story time a few hours ago.  Domino was so right. It IS the little things that matter.

The little things, small joys and victories in life are what continually lift us and recharge our spirit. When your spirit has been recharged, the sky is below your limits.

Report Post Tip

Domino picks up the notepad and picks today's daily dose topic... HUMOR

Who would have guessed that the term humor derives from the humoral medicine of the ancient Greeks, which taught that the balance of fluids in the human body, known as humours (Latinhumor, "body fluid"), controlled human health and emotion.

No wonder Grandpa always said "Laughter is the best Medicine"!

So here's an oldie but a classic bit of mob humor to end the day with... I hope it gives you a little chuckle or at least puts a smile on your face. :)

An elderly Don who had served his family well, lies dying in his bed. In death’s agony, he suddenly smells the aroma of his favorite chocolate chip cookies wafting up the stairs. He gathers his remaining strength, lifts himself from the bed and slowly makes his way out of the bedroom. With labored breaths, he staggers down the stairs into the hallway and gazes into the kitchen. There, spread out upon racks sitting on the kitchen table and covering the counters, are literally hundreds of his favorite chocolate chip cookies!

How wonderful, a final act of love from his devoted wife, he thought.  "She is seeing to it that I leave this world a happy man", he says to himself. Mustering one great final effort, the old mobster throws himself towards the table and lands on his knees. He reaches out a withered hand towards one of the trays of cookies – when out of nowhere... ‘Whack!’, his had is suddenly struck with a spatula. "You stay outta those cookies", says his wife. "Them’s for the funeral"!

Report Post Tip

H - U - M - O - R

Hahaha - LMAO - LOL                            

Wait let me pause and take this one in, funny..........too funny...........

I really enjoy all the humor brought into this world of ours by all the great personalities that exist, that have existed and that surely one day will exist (or re exist? if that is possible). I always get a kick out of letting the mind run wild and expressing whatever it is that tickles our fancy. Many situations come to mind and so many late night conversations whether it be in crew or messaging the various characters that run wild in these Streets. Much love to all out there who know how to be sarcastic not always take things so seriously and just enjoy the nature of our ways. Cheers to all with a funny bone left in them.

Ciro raises his glass to his crew and many others on his mind as he laughs on the inside and smiles widely drinking his glass and letting the whiskey dribble down his jawline and onto his nice white pressed shirt.......

Report Post Tip

Today's Daily Dose is dedicated to the memory of Godfather Desmand.  We morn his tragic loss, especially here on the Northside of Chicago, some of us also grieve for other loved ones that we lost in the shocking events of today.  

I dug through some old articles from the streets and found this one that many of you may not have read, so I dusted it off and made reference to it here for your reading enjoyment as we take a look back at the life lived and legacy Desmand leaves behind - it's titled: Club Manovanni: A Bronx Establishment.  

Although I hadn't known Desmand for very long, he left a lasting impression on me and our little crew here with La Famiglia AlbizziI was particularly touched when I read this Excerpt from Desmand's Diary and noted how he made reference to passing it down to his son one day... I sure hope that his son gets it!

As I continued rummaging through the old box of newspaper clippings, magazine articles, photographs and street posts, I came across this one from when Desmand was appointed Godfather of Chicago titled: Club Manovanni - Expansion and External Glory and then there was this other one on how he once started a local newsletter way back when called North Side Notices he told me he hadn't kept up with it as he wanted to, but you can sure tell his heart was into growing and protecting the city that he'd come to love after leaving NY!

I could spend hours reading more and more, he certainly had a fun style and flair... for now I'll get back to work and finish cleaning up after the wake we had back at HQ - CiroAntonino made a bit of a mess building that catwalk, and Enaento has been bustin' his tail in the comm room.  

One last parting thought... Whether you believe in life after death or not, please if you love someone - tell them tonight... before you go to sleep, or whenever you part, because you may not get the chance to later on! An old Italian saying we have is: "Sogno come se vivrai per sempre. Vivi come se tu morirai oggi." Translation... Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today!

Report Post Tip

Ciro applauds Dominos words and warm thoughts. He had been a part of the crew for only a month now but was feeling really close to his fellow mafiosi.

Domino nailed it right on the head when she mentioned the last phrases  - Live as if you'll die today! - Carpe Diem!

In memory of Desmand. A man I hardly knew and I had only dared mail him once when I replied to a mass mail from him. I wrote back to him with as much bravado and detail, as I love to do and even though he had something like 30 unread mails he replied to me as well in some really good entertaining tone. I now wish I had saved that mail - how could I have known that only a few weeks later he would be gone.....

Ciro takes out his flask and drinks in memory of the late Godfather of North Side, he makes the cross symbol with his free hand across his face and says a little prayer for him.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Domino's Daily Dose
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL