Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 19:47:51
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Hand Requirement. Started by: Squishy on Oct 11, '14 16:30

Starting monday, all new RHM must be at least mademan or higher to be selected as a right hand man.  The LHM position will require at least a wiseguy to qualify for that position as well.  If the leader is a mademan themselves, there is no rank requirement for hands.

The out of game link between the hands and the crewleader is now severed.  Our rules are being adjusted so that a CL is no longer liable (On the level of a DD) for the actions of their hands if said offense is done without their knowledge.

Report Post Tip

This will most definitely put an end to the drawn out conversations in the streets that we've been having for months.

Report Post Tip
I suppose this is a great change.
Report Post Tip
Does this mean jeddy will be revived or isn't that the case ??
Report Post Tip

No, we will not be reviving any past accounts because of this rule change.

Report Post Tip
Ok thank you for clearing that up quickly
Report Post Tip
This is a shame. Not that the admins have coded this rank requirement as such, but that the players in general were unable to enforce this rule themselves in-game and had to suggest it to the admins in the first place. Are we incapable of introducing these standards ourselves in-game? Sometimes it only takes one CL to introduce an idea like this, in the streets, and often others will follow suit. If it is something that the powers that be (in-game) wish to see changed, they have the in-game power to make it so. We don't need to go to the admins to code stuff like this into the game.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip
To be clear, I'm only referring to the RH hand rank requirement. The rest, in regards to severing the RH/CL tie, is a totally different animal. Not even sure why that was included in this announcement and wasn't seperate.
Report Post Tip

I guess this is a pretty good worded change for basically saying we shafted Jeddy and don't care. DD him for something he didn't know about at all, then a day later make a new rule saying people won't get DD'd for that in the future. Something is seriously wrong with this picture, but who cares you killed a 303 godfather. Nice change. :D 

Report Post Tip

If the Admins wanted you dead, you would be. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

If the admins wanted me dead I'm sure I would be. I'm not sure if it would be by DD or a hit on the hitlist though. It was just an easy way to get rid of a godfather and then make a rule to prevent it in the future was just icing on the cake. Still a really really nice change. LOL 

Report Post Tip

I think this is quite the opposite Johnny, it seems like only because 303 have made such a big deal out of it that the change has happened. This has happened plenty of times in the past and for the most part people didn't keep up so much stink. A CL chooses their hands and therefore should be accountable for what they do, they put them in that position of trust.

Saying its happened quite a few times in the past just isn't the truth. Whenever I've seen it the RHM was killed and its not normally on as much of a large scale as a Godfather being dded because of a member. It honestly doesn't matter what anyone says or what I say. Its not going to change anything but I'm still going to call it like I see it. Making it so that hands must be a higher rank will not change anyone from scripting whatsoever. If you've gotten away with scripting you will keep doing it regardless of your rank. This was just a nice way to say it happened to Jeddy but won't in the future. Why not start the change with Jeddy? Its just complete shit to lose all your character's work based off something IMPOSSIBLE to know.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Is this OOC or IC?

Either way. If we do not hold leaders accountable for their Hands actions we might as well give up now hadn't we? Clicky clicky monkeys.

The rank of Made Man has been devalued to a point that people in crews seem to value it as much as making Gangster. Perhaps we should put every member in a slanty suit? It has got to the point where it is valued as much as that. Hasn't it?

If his RHM wasn't a cheating piece of shit, then the DD wouldn't have happened in the first place. LOL.

This supposed persecution rings a little hollow when the guy actually committed the crime, got caught red handed and there was already precedent in place defining the consequences. It is a harsh punishment, but not a new one invented purely to kill a 303 Godfather. 

You've got it all wrong Heel surely? The conspiracy is clear for all to see?

It is clear for everyone to see. :D 

Report Post Tip

It's truly not that harsh of a punishment DDing godfather for things their hands have done. We shouldn't stop now or change the rules after it happens to  Godfathers, we should indeed just DD the last 5 people the scripters mailed. They surely would have known something was up and must be held accountable. 

Report Post Tip

Beautiful JohnnyNoName. Glad to see you think Squishy had DD'd Jeddy because he is against 303 and you are happy to stand by the accusation

Report Post Tip

Nice way to twist words Brendan. 

To answer your question earlier, it's all IC if someone takes offence to it. ;)

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Hand Requirement.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL