Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 18 - 20:20:06
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
Hand Requirement. Started by: Squishy on Oct 11, '14 16:30

With regards to it being "more personal" that might be the case in that Jeddy is a close friend of mine but make no mistake that whilst that may be a reason for me being more vocal about the situation it is far from the only driver. 

I thought it was ridiculous the manner in which Achilles was hit listed. The way in which Maria was DD'd (and then brought back), Goodfellas the same. Or when a couple of people somehow managed to suicide/retire themselves and where then given their stats to new accounts. 

The idea that apparently there are (undisclosed) levels of "scripting" that do or don't result in the crew leader being removed blows my mind. How about a script that only does felonies and not petties, I assume that's not as bad since felonies only occur every 12 minutes? Would that have resulted in a DD still? Where there varying degrees of racism that did/didn't result in a CL being DD'd for his hands actions? Or is everything just on a case by case basis with no structure and based heavily on how the admin feels on any particular day (sucks for you if they haven't had their morning coffee).

How about when Yajirobe was DD'd for the actions of someone completely out of his control only to be reinstated later after it was acknowledged that there was nothing he could do to prevent said instance occurring. I'm fairly sure had Jeddy been told his hand was scripting and to "deal with it" that the same outcome would have been reached very quickly. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

I hope Jeddy put on some KY Jelly. Because he just got truly fucked. 

Report Post Tip

I guess this is a pretty good worded change for basically saying we shafted Jeddy and don't care. DD him for something he didn't know about at all, then a day later make a new rule saying people won't get DD'd for that in the future. Something is seriously wrong with this picture, but who cares you killed a 303 godfather. Nice change. :D
WACK! Reply         Reply by: JohnnyNoname at Oct 11, '14 16:59

No, this is a change that we have been discussing for the past month in the Suggestions forum.  I added in that we will alter the accountability of the  crewleader to head off the complaints from the crowd who will go into drama mode and scream about how they now have to employ people they dont trust because they are not of rank.  And maybe there is some truth to that, so I felt it was best to remove the link to the CL.

This is not about Jeddy, this is not about 303.  Not everything in this world is against you or your ilk.

Report Post Tip
Eric I beg to differ, you will probably say this doesn't count but I can remember a time when people were brought back with bugs and stats because something big has happened. I can recall people apparently having their stats back as well
Report Post Tip
Melis leaders will still be held accountable for the actions of their hands, however there are some actions which are out of the control or out of the knowledge of the crewleader.

When someone has scripted there is, as far as I am aware, no way of knowing that said person is cheating. In cases like this dding the crew leader really isn't fair imo

When the rh is screaming on irc absuing game owners And admins and cl knows of this and chooses not to act. Then imo they should be dd'd
Report Post Tip
I agree with the change that Rh shoukd be a rank of Made or above but since pantiesbedroppin bought it up, I am with him that it should of been a change that the users implemented.

I was and still am gutted for Jeddy as it could of been anyone of us that picked a Rh that is cheating but as is said the change happened after the Jeddy incident and he shouldn't be revived. As much as I would like him to be revived then what about every Cl that has been dd'd because of their Rh should they get brought back?

In terms of the second change I agree with it. As I stated yesterday on Irc there is no way that you can trust someone that you talk to over the Internet 100%. Only my family and a few close friends have that privilege, so I think that is a positive change
Report Post Tip

Manu, we will see I suppose.

Spunky, it may have been a change that users should have implemented but a lot did not. So I guess when that happens, it just happens with the coding. Not complaining about the change as I am all for hands being a higher rank than thug and gangster.

Report Post Tip

PRAISE JESUS. (and Squishy)

For reals.  Nothing is less gratifying than to see a thug as a RHM. 

Report Post Tip

"Eric I beg to differ, you will probably say this doesn't count but I can remember a time when people were brought back with bugs and stats because something big has happened. I can recall people apparently having their stats back as well"$$$$$$$$$

There's a big difference between 'people died because of a bug, where they wouldn't have if there was no bug' and 'we changed game policy after someone died'. The two things are not the same at all.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Hand Requirement.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL