Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 15:18:14
Page:  1 
NY/Detroit: Antidisestablishmentarianism's Centrelink? Started by: MrKuku on Oct 19, '14 10:52

The recent trouble in Detroit has led to the crowning, at least unofficially, of Genocide as a force to be reckoned with.  New York, still, after all these years, represents the major powerhouse in this thing. 

So what I'd like to discuss is the chances of a city that isn't NY from taking the unofficial crown (please note for the purposes of this discussion, I am pretending that LA doesn't exist)

NY has the guns and the numbers, the capital and the profile.  So could, theoretically, Detroit pose a threat?

Genocide has worked hard, harder than most, to achieve what he has.  Detroit was a tinderbox, it exploded, but Genocide was the centrelink, the steading hand that guided them from outsider to threat to the established order.

This is, essentially, a clash of personalities.

Within NY, the most powerful leader is, in my estimation, Amethyst - a strong crew, excellent leadership and solid profile.  In IRC Avenue, the word on the Street is that he's a consolidator, a leader.  Ambitious but not bloodthirsty.  He won't go after new real estate, he'll grow what he has.

Genocide is cut from different cloth.  An expansionist by nature, he wants legacy, remembrance and turf.

Both are rich, but one sees it as a means to an end, the other a process of powerbase building.

This is what I'd like to ask you, the assembled masses:

WHO IS ONE TO WATCH IN THIS THING AT THE MOMENT?  WHO IN A BOLD SUIT WILL FIND THEMSELVES A LEGEND?

My money is on Amethyst and Genocide.

Report Post Tip

It has been brought to my attention that Amethyst is very much a woman.  Please flip the gender pronouns...

Report Post Tip

I was walking around the streets again when I stumbled upon MrKuku. He was saying a speech so I listened and as he finished his speech with the question, I walked in front of the big audience and said my answer.

To be honest, I will say that I cannot answer this question because my bloodline's records lack information about Godmother Amethyst's reign. The only entry I saw in one of my ancestors' journal was that he caught a glimpse of her when she was only a thug. It could be an unjust misjudgment if I jump to conclusions because of this lack of information so I'll just give my opinion on Godfather Genocide. When my father took a look at his family back then, he was very impressed. He had loyal men, they managed to reinforce their tribute system effectively and they are very active in the Streets, which my father hasn't seen for a long time. I also cannot help but be impressed also at him that he managed to achieve this as an effective CL. Such a pity that he's still in jail now, at this moment.

I then blended back into the crowd as I walked, planning to take a closer look at my bloodline's records for the tenth time.

Report Post Tip
Interesting, Layfon.

There is no doubt that they are both effective at what they do - impressive leaders.

But will they become legends? What mysterious quality transforms a leader into a legend?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: NY/Detroit: Antidisestablishmentarianism's Centrelink?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL