Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 08:45:19
Page:  1 
BlackBottom - The New Chapter Started by: Genocide on Oct 25, '14 13:09

Genocide has been sitting in his office for several days, Watching the street go about its usual business from his office window. He watches as the children play ball on his road, As the men in suit's dart in and out of shops always in such a damn hurry. He wonders how many of them actually appreciate what they have got. His thought trail drifts off. for several minutes he sits staring out the window, When a thought he had put to the back of his mind resurfaces. He recalls hearing rumors of a curse on Blackbottom. It was one of the things that called him to this district. It intrigued him, A district with a reputation for being cursed. He chuckles to himself. and thinks yes its cursed alright. Cursed with boredom!  Things has been dull in the district lately, But he had plans to liven the place up a little. Plans that would soon be fulfilled and draw many eyes to his street. He smiles to himself, Turning back to his desk he lifts his phone off the handle and begins to make some phone calls. 

A few days have passed since Genocide was sat in his office, staring out the window. The street looks a little different compared to the few days prior. A luchador wrestling ring has been assembled on the street corner, Large colorful banners have been hanged from every lamp post, every building and street corner covered with colorful decorations. Stands and stalls have been lined up both sides of the street with all kinds of wonderful drinks and foods. Genocide is walking up and down the street checking off boxes on his "things to do list". One thing remained. Item 20 : Gather a crowed.

Genocide sends a young boy to knock on the HQ door of his Underboss Sebasiansky and calls them out to the street, Genocide greets Sebasian with a handshake and a pat on the back before asking him to send his men out to all the city's telling people to gather in Detroit.

The hours pass and more people begin to arrive, They walk up and down the street admiring the decorations, sampling the fine foods and drinks set out for them, As more people begin to turn up and the street begins to flood with men and women Genocide decides it is time to let them know why he has gathered them all here.

Genocide stands on the steps of his HQ and calls Johnny Bravo and SebasianSky to stand either side of him, He clears his throat and shouts "Ladies and Gentlemen!" The crowed begins to turn towards him, gathering around his headquarters. Genocide waits for the last few mumbles to wither out and the crowed stands silent.

"For a long time now i hear rumors, Stories. That BlackBottom has been cursed. A reputation i am not entirely keen on. To make a start on changing this reputation i have invited you all here today to celebrate with us, To bring cheer and joy into this street. Warmth and welcome! To any and all who chose to visit it!  I have a vision of a new BlackBottom.  Crowned the pride and joy of Detroit!  With flourishing businesses, Large families working together to bring prosperity and opportunity to all those who chose to live here among us. Where a man can walk with a sense of pride and dignity, His head held high and his heart full of love for his home!"

Genocide walks down the steps and begins to walk through the crowed, Looking people in the eyes as the heads begin to turn and follow him, He continues to walk while he speaks

" This district is only a vessel my friends, It's the people that fill it that matter! The men and women who work tirelessly to improve their situations.  The men and women who have dreams, Targets that they are working towards night and day. These are the people who will make Blackbottom the pearl of Detroit.  There efforts will not be in vein. I will support every man and woman in this street, Every family trying to survive will be elevated and lifted into the light! I will help them reach there goals and fulfill their dreams. This i vow to you all."

Genocide stops for a moment, he turns to one of the stalls and steps up onto the counter.

"In all my time in this country i have worked hard, To build, Progress and make my dreams come true. now that i have reached the goals i set for myself. My thoughts are only with those still trying to reach theirs. I will work night and day for my friends and my family. On the streets among you if that's what it takes."

Genocide steps down from the counter and walks towards a lamp post with a curios thin wire attached to it, he takes a hold of the wire and pulls a lighter from his pocket. Clicking the lighter and watching the flame flicker for a moment he looks back out to the crowed all watching eagerly in anticipation and curiosity.

"Let it be know from ear to ear, Wall to wall and street to street. Blackbottom will not rest, It will not sleep. It will work day and night until it has the reputation it deserves. Tell your brothers and sisters, Your friends and family... Every stranger you meet on the street. Come one and come all, BlackBottom is the place to be!" 

Genocide puts the flame to the wire which instantly begins to fizzle and burn out, The heads turn watching the flame chase its way around the lamp post and then dart off down a dark ally....The crowed pauses for a moment wondering what it could have been when all of a sudden "BOOM" a deafening raw fills the street as fireworks begin shooting up into the sky filling it with beautiful patterns and colors, One after another the shoot up out of the ally in a spectacular display!

Music can be heard faintly over the fireworks, Slowly getting louder. the crowed looks away from the sky and sees a 200 strong Mexican band marching towards them down the street, Confetti and stringers blowing out over there heads as they pass each lamp post! Out of the buildings come the stall vendors, Handing bottle after bottle of spirits and wine out to the crowed and plates of food begin to circulate. 

A large van pulls up on the street corner and two gigantic men come bursting out the side door screaming profanities, Both wearing nothing but brightly colored leotards and luchador masks they dive into the ring and begin to wrestle Gathering a crowed almost instantly around the ring to watch the exciting entertainment!

Genocide can be seen filtering through the crowed shaking hands and making new friends, Patting those on the back he recognizes and introducing himself to those he doesn't, the cartel members are all working there way through the crowed making sure to take great care that they don't forget to greet a single passer by. Genocide with a bottle of wine in hand had never been seen so happy before. His only thought, and only hope was that this curse had finally been lifted.

Report Post Tip

Some weeks ago..

It was widely spread, the fact that BlackBottom is cursed. Johnny had laughed when Genocide had told him that.
"
Who could possibly believe in such a thing?", Johnny wondered.

Coming to this day..

It was still morning when Johnny was informed, by his close friend SebasianSky , that there would be a fest later that day. He was ecstatic about it. Nothing better than a party on the streets. He wore his favorite tuxedo and went to meet with Genocide. He would accompany him in his speech so he had to be sharp-looking. The time to start the fest was approaching. Sebasian came over and informed Johnny

"Get ready.. We'll be out with Geno in a few minutes, there is crowd gathering up. It will be yet another successful party", he said while Johnny could see that he was as excited as himself.

Moments later, Geno calls both Seb and Johnny to stand by his side, just outside of the Cartel's headquarters. They both paid attention to what their Godfather was saying. Johnny did not see the fireworks thing coming though.
"
It was you that took care of the fireworks, eh?", he whispered to Sebasian when the show started.

"Let's get the party started, people!", Johnny yelled while pouring some moonshine to the guests.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: BlackBottom - The New Chapter
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL