Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 15:35:59
Page:  1 
A return to North Side, and a birth of a new Haven Started by: Haven on Oct 26, '14 20:43

Haven gets off the plane in a heavy jacket. The chill winds of Chicago blow her hair from her face and attempt to cut through her pants and thigh high boots. Looking up into the sunrise she sighs and smiles slightly, though sadly.

She walks down the run way to join Cristiano and a few others and looks around. It'd been a while since she'd been back to Chicago, and while she mourned the late godfather Desmand's passing, she still enjoyed the wind and chill of the large city on her rare visits.

"Haven, hurry up, we've a bit of business to attend to before we check into the hotel for the night." Cristiano Ronaldo seemed a little nervous and a little excited, leaving Haven wondering what her godfather was up to this time, he hadn't been this excited since he got that new hot rod a few months back. She smirked, thinking maybe he'd decided to come see the races.. Or worse yet entered the same care into one of them.

Cristiano had apparently been setting things up while she grabbed her luggage off the plane, after she got in the taxi they took off, full speed and without hesitation. The route seemed akin to the one she'd have taken a year or two ago when heading to Cristiano's old HQ. The place was a few blocks from Desmand's place, and now housed a night club. Haven rested her head against the head rest and closed her eyes for a second. Remembering the times she'd spent in this city, remembering and missing the godfather who'd welcomed her with open arms as she carried her packs into Cristiano's HQ, fresh off the plane from New York.

The taxi stopped and Haven opened her eyes, looking around. She blinks in shock, recognizing Demands old HQ. A crowd was forming out front, and a large sign hung over the door, "Welcome back to North Side Haven!" Haven blinks, suddenly the pieces fell in place, Cristiano's quiet conversations on the plane, the sudden need to see their old home, and the route the taxi driver took.

Haven stares for a minute as Cristiano walks up to her cab and opens the door, grinning from ear to ear. "Come on Haven, don't need to be late to your own party!" He grabs her hand and leads her up the steps, where her hands wait. Cristiano leans in and whispers softly "this would be a good time to make a speech, they kinda expect it." And Haven shakes her head, smiling with a chuckle.

"Lads and lasses, as some of you know, I came to this world and joined Sammy Gravano in New York, but soon after Cristiano Ronaldo, another old friend, approached me and asked me to come join him and help him out in North Side Chicago. I had my doubts then, I was happy helping Sammy, and he had a great family, but Cristiano needed me, so I went.

"I hadnt been in North Side for ten minutes when I got a message from the godfather of the district, Desmand. He was a great man and a great friend, and he ran a great family here in the North Side, something I hope to rebuild after the betrayal of Silvo."

Haven takes a shot glass off a stand, the clear brown liquid sparkled in the sun light and lifts it. "A toast to the past, may the ghosts haunting this place protect the family that returns with me. And to the godfather's counsel, for permission to return to our home. To Cristiano for this chance, to Saint, Carlos_hathcok and BigDaddy for the help running my family thus far, and finally....

"To Desmand, you were a great leader, and a great man, I can never replace you, but I will do my best to build this district back up to the glory of your time. Thank you."

Haven lifts her shot, bows her head for a second in memory, then shoots the shot back. She looks around and takes the scissors from the man holding them, cutting the ribbon.

"Drinks are on the house tonight. Welcome to Havens Reach, North Side Chicago. I'll be setting Saint up as my captain shortly. Thank you all for coming."

Report Post Tip
Are you kidding me?... Setting up saint? Man is a RHM and is whoring do you really want your captain to whore?
Report Post Tip
Congratz Haven on your new position
Report Post Tip
It has been an honor to have you along side me as long as I did. This day was bound to happen and today is that day. I know you will do amazing things in North Side and i will enjoy watching you grow. I am so proud of you Haven right now. Congratulations on taking the position of Godfather :D
Report Post Tip

Congrats on GF Haven. :)

Report Post Tip

Earlier this week...

Ham stands on some glass in front of a shattered window eating a sandwich... he looks to the back of a crumbling, burnt up building where he sees a charred desk where he used to sit. He reminisces of a better time. He sees his favorite cowboy boot glass melted to the floor, the one he used to toast his family with... his Godfather with... Sil with. This was the first place he really called home. He stands there for a while and thinks about the plans for the rebuild... He's not sure what to think. He looks down and picks up a shard of glass and looks into it deeply and thinks for a while "It's going to be great," he determines with great thought. He walks away quietly holding the piece of glass tight.

He walks up the street a few days later to see a large gathering around his newly refurbished old haunt, he slips into a shadow as a taxi goes screaming by stopping at the large crowd. Ham gives a small grin as he watches a very flustered looking Haven pops outs of an extremely cramped vehicle. Ham smiles, knowing the building he had once called home was going to be occupied by a great girl who served an old friend well. Being a fairly quiet person in public Ham quietly slips away without notice. A happy man once more.

I know you'll do good. Congratulations Godmother Haven.

Report Post Tip

Oh how I miss the North Side and the people who used to run it. But at least its back to having order in it since the passing of Desmand RIP.

Congrats Haven!

Report Post Tip

It is a proud day in the Windy City indeed. Congratulations, Haven.  Desmand was a great leader, and they are big shoes to feel. Having said that, I am also confident that you will continue where he left off and proceed to make the city even more greater than it already is.

Report Post Tip

Forgive me for coming to your inauguration with a little too many whiskey's in me, I was going through a hiccupping spell when I attempted to say "fill" rather than "feel".

Had to clear that up for all of those who cling on to every word.

Report Post Tip

Congratz on GM/GF Haven:D

Report Post Tip
Congrats on this extremely grand promotion I hope you do a great job leading your district to a strong future!
Report Post Tip

Congrats Haven!

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Haven on becoming GodMother!!!!!

throws confetti all over 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A return to North Side, and a birth of a new Haven
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL