Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 05:53:40
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
What Does it Take? Started by: MrKuku on Oct 27, '14 21:20

What does it take?

Choctaw pondered over this question for a few minutes before finally coming to an answer.

An excellent question MrKuku, there is an answer to this but its very complex. It takes a combination of several skills and qualities. Having the right attitude towards the game and every mobster regardless of rank or age. You must be willing to put hard work and time into this mafioso world. You need the qualities of communication, leadership, respect and loyalty.  But most of all you need a little bit of luck. Luck is the final but probably the hardest thing to obtain and when you do obtain it you will have your bold suit.

Report Post Tip

Above all else, what does it take?

I think it takes.... Presence.  

Report Post Tip

I haven't been around here long, but I think a new player can eventually reign on top as a leader. Zoey asked the question, why do people want to be a CL or a GF? The simple answer is POWER. Money is important too but in my opinion it revolves mainly around power. Time and effort can sum up what it takes to get to the top. What one does with that time and that effort can vary but used the right way can put you in a power position at some point. Of course, this is a game and things will keep changing so there are no guarantees but such is real life in that aspect as well. I say one should be confident at all times, even if you have nothing to gain. My favorite line in life is - Shit Happens. :)

Report Post Tip

Achilles is wandering around the streets after a stint in jail, he had definitely missed the place. It was a breath of fresh air to hear people speaking and seeing more than just the police wardens around. Achilles is listening in to the conversation when he sees Genocide step forward and begin to say something. Achilles' intrigue is quickly turned to confusion as he hears the newly appointed Godfather of Black Bottom speak about characters and players. Suddenly that fuckwit MrKuku who has actually brought an interesting point to the streets for once, prompts the Godfather about his OOC-itis. Achilles grins to himself about that and then steps forward himself.

"As others have said, particularly Zack_Morris, you need to be connected. Especially to those who are head of your district. A lot of people seem to be talking about the qualities you expect to see in a leader and what makes a good one but the question was, what does it take to gain a bold suit? In truth all it takes is getting to know a district head well enough that they'll consider you for auth. Become chummy enough and no doubt you'll be next in line.

Given the fact that it's now fairly easy to gain the title of Godfather and that on occasion we see retards managing to take control of their own district, we will then see more idiots being authed in those particular districts. Having any kind of leadership quality is not always necessary in this day and age, sadly."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

TinyTina was happy to see Achilles out of jail and enjoying the sun, the moon and the stars. 

Report Post Tip
Unfortunately you have to either be good friends with someone at the top, have a big bank roll and donate, or kiss major ass and pretend to legitimately be a part of 303. That is how you claw your way to the top! Lol@ dedication, drive! brains! savy! hard work! Rofl. And all the other cheesy ass shit people can think of!
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip
you don;t have TBH a 303
Report Post Tip

Mr. Kuku! Good to see ya around these streets. 

A solid earner, a powerful gun, the right connections, the right name?

I'm going to keep it simple. Each one of these are qualities or all of em make a Leader in my opinion.  If a leader is lacking one, I am sure the Right hand or Left hand has the missing ones. 

Genocide, I agree. I do as well like to see new auths. Love new blood. If you work hard and put in good time and effort new people deserve a shot. 

Report Post Tip

TheDude walks by just whistling thinking that he won't share his thoughts on the matter at hand.

Report Post Tip

MrKuku listens to Achilles describe him as a "fuckwit" for offering respectful direction to a high ranked, yet relatively new to these shores, member of this community.  Bemused he turns to Achilles and starts to talk...

Ah, the jailbird has flown!  Not so long ago they had the death penalty for the type of crime that got you locked up.  Lucky, huh?

So I'm a fuckwit?  Well, what type of fuckwit calls a guy a fuckwit for maintaining standards?  Give up?

The type of fuckwit who has nothing to offer this thing except banality and decline.

See, you are who you are, and I am what I am.  You captured the zeitgeist with your latest... tribulations, but don't let it go to your head.  You're crude, crass and blunt.  Think of Prem, but less cultured and reasonable.

Let's see if you can debate like a man, of if you'll rush to get guns involved.

I challenge you to use the pen rather than the sword.   To duel with words, to defend yourself against legitimate criticism - criticism that you yourself invited.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $170,000 Tip

I actually agreed with your correction, unfortunately that doesn't change what you are, a skidmark on the underpants of this community. I did enjoy the topic you brought forward though, for once I was shocked to see you weren't out here bitching about the current crop of leaders. I know how you enjoy critiquing the family heads of this world, so as I say it was quite the shock but a pleasant one all the same.

Ah, a challenge? Let us set up a couple of pedal stalls and have it out, or perhaps even a lyrical battle of some kind?

I kid, your opinion of me really doesn't matter enough for it to warrant a debate of any kind.

Report Post Tip

Ah Achilles, so it goes.  There you are, and off you went.

You've proven that, in your case, leader is often a five letter word starting with B

Report Post Tip
Lets keep this civil kuku, no need to spark an argument..
Report Post Tip
Ah a guessing game now, ermmm is it Bossy? You're quite right my dearest Kuku, I can be on occasion.
Report Post Tip

Baddy?

Beast?

Blase?

Bleak?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What Does it Take?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL