Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 09:50:27
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Muggers Beware??? Started by: Achilles on Oct 29, '14 19:00

As per his traditional habit, Achilles does something dramatic to set the scene and the crowd begin to gather. Then he holds up a tag for all to see.

If you mug me, I will shoot you.

I ripped this off a dead body earlier today. It would seem I keep seeing this kind of tag and each time I see it I wonder a little about the person wearing it. I've seen all sorts of ranks wearing this and unless you are someone in power, I'm not sure how you can wear a tag and make a statement such as this.

Let me just explain what you guys who have no power are saying:

If you've made your bones and you wear this then you are either willing to risk your entire family by an unauthed shot, or you're a pissant who can't live by their word. Let's face it, if you're a Made member of a family and you're going round popping people because of a hypocritical principle you hold, then I would expect to see your leader land in some very hot water and it will most likely be the end of your own life too.

If you're still an associate and you wear this then you're again either a pissant for not backing up your own words or you're about to be killed for shooting someone who just mugged you. Either way, you're a moron.

If you don't like being mugged then don't Pick Pocket other mobsters, it's that simple. The FBN agents seem to be unwise to our ways and they will never detect a pick pocket.

The only people who can make those kind of threats and back them up without hurting themselves or their family are those in power. If you're just an average Joe then expect a mugging, especially from me you cretins!

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $300,000 Tip

Amen.

Report Post Tip

If you don't like being mugged then don't Pick Pocket other mobsters, it's that simple. The FBN agents seem to be unwise to our ways and they will never detect a pick pocket.

Not strictly true. They can catch you and jail you.. but your point still remains valid all the same!

Report Post Tip
When I see a gangster running around with this tag on their back it just makes me want to sneak up and pick their pockets even more. Gotta love a nice challenge.
Report Post Tip

I have a very similar tag on my suit and I stand by it.  

In fact, I have a 100% record of shooting every single person who has mugged MrKuku.

Two things - the person wearing the tag isn't a pissant if they have the courage of their convictions - only if they don't.

And, as you've said, if the person can't back it up, then they shouldn't start the situation in the first place.

You been checking me out again, Achilles?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

What is your reasoning behind shooting someone who caught you stealing from them? If you have that stance should anyone that catches MrKuku stealing from them just shoot MrKuku instead of the slap on the wrist which would be a mug?

Report Post Tip

Mr Kuku, I am assuming you have yet to be mugged then?

My issue with the whole "Mug me, I shoot you" motto many seem to be picking up lately is that it goes against the rules we all sign when joining a family.. and the rules set by Godfathers for their district. Why as leaders are we allowing our members to even threaten to break the rules we set? To me that is just absurd and it shows blatant lack of respect to the upper structures... Unless said member's Boss is authing the shot of course, but that would mean we have a bigger issues.

If shooting somebody for mugging you, because you stole from them, is more important than following the rules set by those above you... then you are clearly in the wrong line of work... 

Report Post Tip

Ah, but the thing is, AfghanMango, that if I actually steal anything from anyone, I fully expect serious repercussions - so I just don't do it.  So it's an empty threat.

I don't steal for gain, I steal to manipulate.  Let's put it another way - it if was against the general accepted practise of this thing to have such a tag, I would remove it immediately.

Report Post Tip

Amen Brother Achilles,

I've seen that taken to the absolutely absurd.

There is a man walking around the streets with an ad sign (you know, two clapboards attached by straps that fit over ones head) that reads something to the effect of:

"If I pickpocket you, I will return it unless I feel crazy"

and then at the bottom of the sign in huge letters

"If you pickpocket me, YOUSE DED!".

How droll...

Report Post Tip

To me it's just as bad when leaders put a tag like that up, cause their members will probably want to do the same etc. The way I see it, if you don't wanna get mugged pick the pockets of a corrupt agent. If not you knew there was a chance you could get mugged when you went through the persons pockets.

Just my two cents on the matter. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Well many that wear that tags don't think there should be consequences to shooting someone if they are mugged. Just because they warned the mugger in their profile. I think it's stupid to jeopardize your family for being mugged. But some people are just like that I guess.
Report Post Tip

An excellent topic to bring to everyone Achilles. I have wondered myself, why on earth to people wear this tag? Surely if you do not wish to be mugged then you don't steal from someone in the first place eh? Common sense. 

Ah, but the thing is, AfghanMango, that if I actually steal anything from anyone, I fully expect serious repercussions - so I just don't do it.  So it's an empty threat.

Honestly I think MrKuku makes a good point here by saying even his own tag is an empty threat. I think the only people who tend to wear this tag are senseless thugs who couldnt kill anyone if they tried or people in major positions of power, such as Godfathers, and to be honest I do not think the vast majority of Godfathers would shoot someone just for mugging them. I'm not even sure if any Godfather wear this tag or one similar. (Forgive me if I am wrong.) Its the risk that comes with picking peoples pockets. Surely you shouldn't really be angry at someone mugging you after you stole from them in the first place?

There are only a select handful of people who wear this tag and I doubt the majority, or any, actually shoot people for mugging them. They should know the risks of stealing. If you pick pocket me and I catch you then you can be sure as shit I will mug your ass regardless of whatever bullshit "Don't mug me or I will shoot you" tag you wear. Feel free to take a shot at me.

Report Post Tip
and myself without hesitation''
Report Post Tip

Raina had been wandering around the Streets late at night. She had overheard the talk that was happening and decided to pipe in with her two cents worth. Taking a sip of the coffee she had in her thermos before speaking up.

I have always found those threats simply laughable. Most don't ever seem to follow through or from a logical sense it just doesn't make sense. Everyone I feel that is out slipping their hands into other people's pockets should be well aware that if you pick the wrong person and get caught that you are in for a beating. Perhaps it is just common sense for me but for others it seems to be lacking.

I cannot speak for leaders on this case but I will continue to mug those I catch in my pockets regardless of what their tags say. If they are disrespectful enough to ignore my tags I do not see why I should bother with theirs. Simple.

Wrapping her jacket closer to her, Raina steps back to listen in a bit more.

Report Post Tip

My issue with the whole "Mug me, I shoot you" motto many seem to be picking up lately is that it goes against the rules we all sign when joining a family.. and the rules set by Godfathers for their district. Why as leaders are we allowing our members to even threaten to break the rules we set? To me that is just absurd and it shows blatant lack of respect to the upper structures... Unless said member's Boss is authing the shot of course, but that would mean we have a bigger issues.

If shooting somebody for mugging you, because you stole from them, is more important than following the rules set by those above you... then you are clearly in the wrong line of work... - Sydney

Is there a better way to put this? Nope she nailed it.

Report Post Tip

I would have to agree with this and as stated common sense prevails.

If you dont want to be mugged, then dont PP people. Or at least pp people you know are also friendly but even then, you run a chance at getting mugged. Its a part of our world and if you want to take part in it there will always be a chance you might get mugged.

Report Post Tip

So Corvo , given the sign you carry around with you...

1. IF YOU PP ME, I WILL MUG YOU. NO IF'S, AND'S, OR BUT'S.

2. IF YOU MUG ME, I WILL SHOOT, AS A MUG IS AN ATTACK.

3. IF YOU STEALTH A PP ON ME, AND I FIND OUT YOU DID IT, I WILL SHOOT. NO IF'S, AND'S, OR BUT'S.

If somebody was to ignore their CL/GFs rules and shoot you for mugging them.. because you view it as an attack if somebody does it to you.. would your son come back bitching and crying that his pops was shot?

Do you really think you shooting somebody, over something you started, is worth dying over? Are you aware that your actions can reflect back onto Don @BloodSpikeS ? I guess I'm just trying to understand how somebody can think something as ridiculous as "revenge" for PPing/Mugging is worth risking their life and those of others...

Report Post Tip

There's no reason that PPing or mugging should result in any sort of violence. It is harmless.

If someone in my crew shot at someone for mugging or pickpocketing, I'd consider them as a rogue, and shoot them as such. 

Report Post Tip

While walking down the street, TinyTina hears the sirens of an ambulance. Like any respectable member of society she starts to run after it, eager to see what tragedy lies ahead. The vehicle pulls up to the curb a block up and a nurse and doctor rush from the automobile. TinyTina watches them approach Corvo shouting words like "OOC-itis" and "dire case". TinyTina sighs in disappointment. 

Report Post Tip

Well then, you sure told me... didn't you?

I apologize if you feel disrespected by what I have said. It was not intended to be taken as such. I think if you took what I said that much to heart though, it probably means I struck gold with what I said. I'm sorry you find our streets to be too rough for you. I agree they can be a bit jagged at times, but using this particular corner as an example of such is laughable.

For somebody whose bloodline has graced our shores for many years, you sure do fail to grasp the basic concepts of this thing of ours. May I suggest you visit Help Street? I hear there is a wonderful speaker there that gives many tips on how to speak in the streets.

Sydney takes a piece of paper and a pen from her pocket. She quickly scribbles something on the paper and hands it to the man.

Here are the directions to the place I am talking about! Just to make it simple for you.

The red headed woman curtsies and waves the man away.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Muggers Beware???
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL