Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 21:12:50
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Muggers Beware??? Started by: Achilles on Oct 29, '14 19:00

Oh, this. Another interesting topic sir Achilles!

Personally, I LOVE pickpocketing people who sport that tag. I don't think at any point in time anyone will shoot me for pickpocketing, or mugging them. I often go for them first. But as you said, you're either a pissant who can't do anything about it and can't hold their word up, or you're a Made Man willing to risk yourself, and your entire family because of your "morals" or whatever. I've seen it happen. I've seen men and women in this thing of ours shoot people for mugging them. It is just idiotic really.

I sport a similar tag however. For Godmother Amethyst's year celebrations there is a competition to see who can get into more pockets and such. I just had to put up some warning that I don't like to lose.. So if I'm mugged, you'll see how quick I can respond on that. I don't have anything to lose by shooting a pissant who openly disrespects a Godfather.

As for the others? Leaders representing this tag? I don't think there are any but myself, and that is purely for a pickpocket competition for the week. After it is over, I'll go back to being mugged by wiseguys as per usual.

Report Post Tip

TinyTina watched the ambulance speed away after not being able to take the patient in. Instead, the patient was quite rude to those who only wanted to help him. 

Corvo, respect is earned not given. At the same time, if you want to be respected you have to be respectful. Also, if you want people to listen to your opinion on the subject with an open mind and an agree to disagree outlook if they don’t agree with you, you must give them the same back. Just because no one agrees with you doesn’t mean they are after you or that they are attempting to disrespect you with a different opinion. You are always entitled to your own opinion, but the way you are going about it is, well, you’re acting like a cry baby that just dropped their sucker into a dirty puddle. 

Rob an old lady of her purse and buy yourself a new sucker buddy.

If you want people to deal with you, you must deal with other people. It’s a two way street. I’m sure this will all go over your head as you’ve convinced yourself that you are the witch and we all want to put you on trial. 

(I really hate doing this, going out of character in the street forum, but I think you’ll miss what I’m going to say next if I don’t spell it out for you. You are posting in an in character forum. Words like “thread” and “forum”, along with phrases like “I have played this game for years” are out of character responses. I honestly don’t care if you’ve disrespect people (though it sounds like you are completely disrespecting your crew leader) or if you have been disrespected. I care about you disrespecting this forum. Can you please be in character when you are posting in the streets? Thanks.)

Tina cleared her throat, she must have drifted off there for a moment.

As for the subject at hand.

I share the opinion with many others here when I see “If you mug me, I will shoot you” is insanely laughable. People who I see carrying around this sign are basically putting a target on their back saying “Please mug me because I’m a total douche bag and my head is so far up my ass I forgot what I look like”. 

I’d love to actually hear about someone stepping out from their crew leaders rules and shooting someone for pick pocketing/mugging them. Why would I love this? It would cause me many laughs and I do enjoy laughing. Also, that person would quickly learn, I hope anyway, that their choices of blatant disrespect to their crew leader gets them. A bullet, or many for good measure, in the face. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Sydney, Tina, I will apologize to you for my extravagant amount of butthurt. I realize you meant no disrespect and I was too sensitive to it, and I apologize. Okay? 

Report Post Tip

Louis-man see's a crowd of mobsters bickering about something while huddled around the infamous Don Achilles. As he approaches the crowd he realized they are debating a rather interesting subject. Louis-man has always thought it was stupid how people enjoyed grabbing eachother's butt's while in a crowd for some measly chump change. "Not worth the headache in my book. Bunch of damn buttgrabers." he mumbles to himself. 

"For the record people we are all mobsters, I keep my money in my back pocket, so if you want to touch my butt please by me a drink first and at least say hi<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)">. Ladies if I know you to be a girl feel free to grab my butt anytime.</font><font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)">"</font>

Report Post Tip

I don't believe you can threaten to shoot someone for mugging if you're taking the risk of going in their pockets if you do you're a prat who has to high an opinion of yourself unless you are in a position of power otherwise it's blatant disrespect to your family and leaders.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Who let this guy out of jail?

Report Post Tip
PantiesBeDroppin shows up late to the conversation and listens on confused as TinyTina lectures a young man named Convo, seemingly for no reason, but apparently for making comments that he appears never to have made. To make things stranger, Convo comes out and apologizes to TinyTina for making these comments. This is all very odd and confusing to PantiesBeDroppin, as I would imagine it would be to anybody listening to this conversation. However the removal of things from the streets seems to be the new norm, so what can be said other than 'good job guys'.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $300,000 Tip
My pp stance is that I will mug anyone,so if you are not aware of risk simply don't try to pp me,I dont care if anyone were tag that will shoot.
Report Post Tip

You're a prat MalcomReynolds? PRATSTER IS LOVELY

Report Post Tip
This is true mister spike! Sorry pal can I call you spoke? Pratster is indeed lovey!
Report Post Tip

Corvo turns to PantiesBeDroppin and says

"I figured it was easier to just move on." He says, with a chuckle.

Report Post Tip

Let me just explain what you guys who have no power are saying:

Are you implying Achilles those who have power can do whatever they wish?

Report Post Tip

Those with power usually do anyway

Report Post Tip
till they die...
Report Post Tip

I was skipping across the streets searching for something to do when he noticed the discussion ahead, so I joined them with a statement:

"Let's use common sense here to solve this problem, shall we? If you steal from someone, you won't expect him/her to turn the other way and ignore that you stole from him/her unless she/he is generous enough to, would you?

In which most cases, they aren't, they would, of course, do something about it which could most possibly be mugging because what else can they do to someone who pickpocketed them?

Shoot you, violate the laws your city and family set and get killed for this? Probably not.

Treat you with disrespect? Once disrespect goes overboard, pew, she/he'll probably be killed for it and if it doesn't he'll look like an idiot for stooping so low and degrading his attitude for a couple dollars, so not either.

Therefore, whenever you pickpocket someone, you will always run the risk of being mugged. If you are not open to being mugged after pickpocketing someone, you're not worthy of being a thief at all."

I sat down a bench as I finished talking.

Report Post Tip

Ah, but the thing is, AfghanMango, that if I actually steal anything from anyone, I fully expect serious repercussions - so I just don't do it.  So it's an empty threat.  - MrKuku

Then why wear that tag? It makes 0 sense, but displays an intention to disregard your leaders rules.

Who let this guy out of jail? -@Barry

Yer nan.

As for the others? Leaders representing this tag? I don't think there are any but myself, and that is purely for a pickpocket competition for the week. - Kyubey

I hear what you're saying but regardless of that if you wanted to use that kind of tag then you have the power to do that, whereas many I've seen do not. It irks me.

My pp stance is that I will mug anyone,so if you are not aware of risk simply don't try to pp me,I dont care if anyone were tag that will shoot. - SheldonSmile

Oh no, who let Berty big bollocks out of his cage? Calm down Sheldon, you'll have a hernia! But I admire your stance.

Are you implying Achilles those who have power can do whatever they wish? - WorBomb

Are you implying they can't?

It seems the majority agree that it's absurd for any average Joe to wear a tag like this so my conclusion is that if you wear one, you're a pissant. Mainly due to the fact that you're going against your leaders rules if you do as you say and because you're a hypocritical cretin. I'd also like to add that when people who wear the "PP me and I will Mug you" tags are Mugged, they can not fucking cry about it. Recently I heard Abed had been shedding a little tear over something similar. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the frying pan... or something like that.

Report Post Tip

It all depends on your position within our world. Do you think if someone like Mako wore the tag of "Mug me and I'll shoot you" that people would mug him? He would obviously have the power to shoot at will as he, amongst a few others have the majority control of how things are run around here. Fact.

If it was someone like Barry, then he'd probably be mugged multiple times and provide little retaliation. (No offence old chap)

Report Post Tip

Bitches get stitches, Zack.

Remember that. 

Report Post Tip

Some of what you all are saying makes since but my great great great great grandfather once told me that he knew people who died from just a simple Picking of the pockets. This mugging retaliation was never heard of.

It is simple Pick Pocket for 5k

Get mugged back for a lot more (unless banked)

Being shot for said mugging ...... a little harsh I think, after all it is part of what we live a breath, Shooting someone because they mugged you??? Did you not start the ball rolling by doing the Picking of the pockets in the first place.

I would hope any CL would think,  that much aggression would be followed by your own death. 

I have PPed and been mugged. Mugging is where this battle should end ....... Death is never a good thing.

Report Post Tip

Hearing the commotion cause by his Boss speech John decided to stop by and make his voice heard.

"Fellow mobsters picking pockets is almost a tradition in this thing of ours. That said the mugging is the legitimate answer to that tradition. If you don't want to be mugged don't PP. At all. I'd expect a mugging even from people who were supposedly friendly to PPing.

Being a respected Mobster my father never had to worry with such petty issues. Now i am still a low life around here. Hence i have to deal with my pockets being picked. That's the way it works.

And for those of you who threaten to shoot if mugged i'd love to see that. Risking your own lives and even the lives of your family (Even for a CL) For something so common and easily made as money? Is it really worth it?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Muggers Beware???
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL