Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 15:27:34
Page:  1 
So long HelpDesk, and thanks for all the fish. Started by: Squishy on Nov 02, '14 17:59

I want to thank all of those who have put in thousands of hours into helping the playerbase with their time and expertise.  This game would not have been the same without you guys.  Each and every one of you has made an impact in thousands of users experiences in this game.

I can no longer sit back and watch any more abuse hurled at HDers.  I can not handle any more doubts into your integrity or dedication.  When people start rallying saying that HD should not have playing accounts, I have to draw the line.  There is a wealth of sponsors and upper structures who can now hand hold their own members, and this can be done without negative consequences against those whose only crime is to dedicate their time to making this a better place.

Thank you again for the good times, and I never thought I would see the day where becoming staff was dooming your reputation, your playing experience, and your personal character.  I hope this fixes that.

Report Post Tip

Thanks for everything guys!

Report Post Tip

totally shameless the fact a HD cant reap the benefits everyone else can, shame on us all

Report Post Tip

totally shameless the fact a HD cant reap the benefits everyone else can, shame on us all

It is not shame on us all. It is shame on the 303303 and the poison they bring to MR.

I hate to see this Squishy but ultimately there was not much choice. It wasn't going to end. If I implied HD should not have playing accounts it was only because of the safety of those accounts being continually compromised. 

Report Post Tip

It was an absolute pleasure, Squishy. Would do it again in a heartbeat. Thanks for the opportunity, I thoroughly enjoyed working with the rest of the HD folks too, gave me a chance to see another side to some of them which was a real joy.

Report Post Tip

Lol @ you idiots going "303 caused this".

I was a member of the Helpdesk team myself AND a 303 member and my integrity was never brought into question. I was, or I'd like to think so, a good helpdesker in anything I was involved in.

I'm sorry to the other helpdeskers as well that we lost our position due to people complaining. I enjoyed my time on the team and I'll remember it.

Thank you for the opportunity though Squishy!

Report Post Tip

Thanks to everyone who gave their valuable time to make this game a better place. I'm saddend that the bad apples forced this, but you guys were great

Report Post Tip

I was HD also. I want to disagree with the people blaming 303 or "bad apples" whoever they may be. I don't know if I actually disagree with those people, I just wish I could be sure I disagree with them.

If this is 303's fault or anybody specific's fault, then The owners should have not done away with the HD team. As far as I can see NOBODY wants the HD team gone, yet it is. If this is 303's fault, they are the ones that should be gone. If it's anybody specific's fault, again, THAT person should be removed.

I don't know if ppl from HD were asked how they felt. I felt that by trying to "protect me" they took away something I enjoyed, so actually, I don't feel protected at all, but on the contrary, stripped of something I liked having. Am I being looked after or punished? Maybe the intentions are good, but I am feeling punished as well.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip

I disagree with the removal of HelpDesk, even as the person probably most targeted now. I think it takes something away from the game. As HelpDesk, you assume the risk of what could potentially happen, as happened with me, but generally those things don't happen. I cannot think of a time before that it did. The fact that admin accounts were attacked as well was atrocious. But regarding HelpDesk, we were not in danger in general, save for the small group that decided to act like children and forget that the staff acct and the playing acct aren't supposed to mix. JohnnyNoname made a small slip in this, even if he was joking or pressuring me to do something or he was serious. However, those that acted on the other staff members really showed some horrible colors of their characters, and they deserved punishment without a doubt, only the ones involved.

That said, I don't think HelpDesk should have been removed. We did a very basic job, and all of this started over a single post. The latter kills of staff playing accounts were done because of a direct violation of something Squishy said in a thread resulting in a just DD. I wish that person had thought better before doing it because it would have saved them all from a world of trouble.

HelpDesk is needed in the game. However, Squishy is absolutely right that upper structure and sponsors should be doing more of their job in teaching their members. HelpDesk should only handle the more messy things such as street cleaning (yes, I know), and general complaints or concerns or bugs that users should come across. Without HelpDesk, I feel that more users will not have the reaction time in an answer from Admin/Assistant staff if some issue should occur. I also don't believe this is something the majority of users wanted. It was a select few who were angry because they did not fully understand, for whatever reason, what had occurred in the last week. It might just be the simple fact that they could not understand why someone could be punished for a rule set by Admins and delivered by Admins, not HelpDesk. 

HelpDeskers should not feel punished by Admins though. This was caused by the feelings of a few users. I believe the majority of the game feels differently, and if they don't yet, they will soon realize the error in this change. Perhaps they be the ones to cry for it back.

As a HelpDesker, I was glad to be able to help come up with solutions with Coders/Admins/Assistants on issues across the game in terms of development, and ways of handling certain things. However, I suppose this is something that I could still continue, but the information I'd be privvy to would be smaller, unless offered. I was also glad to help users when they were actually "stuck" with a problem that couldn't simply be fixed via asking their CL. A lot of questions came from leaders and upperstructure themselves.

I would like to say that it was a pleasure working with all of the HelpDeskers and staff. I think we all know that it was a nice work environment to be in, and we'll miss it. However, the cries of the few caused this, and I see this all as a punishment on the userbase due to those that cried. This is not the fault of the Admins though. They have put up with far too much crying for far too long, so an extreme punishment like this brought them to nuke one of their own office buildings. However, this could be cleaned up with the right support. Previously, I was part of the Player's Commission team, and that was destroyed. I felt that given the heat it received, it was the right choice. This situation is far different though since this was about staff. 

Report Post Tip

You've got to remember though Spike, a death threat and CAPS are scary.

Report Post Tip

In a certain context, they really can be, man. One of the few ways to show direct anger in text. 

trembles

Report Post Tip

I'm sure Barry appreciates the irony in mocking someone on a text based game, for actually having a reaction to how text is used. At least, I hope he does. Otherwise he's showing himself to be somewhat daft.

Report Post Tip

Just a dafty over here, Alabama. 

Report Post Tip

And what could you possibly gain by being daft on purpose while trying to convince yourself that you are superior to people whose comments you cannot fully grasp?

Report Post Tip

Do you actually disagree with what I'm doing or do you just wish you could be sure you do?

Report Post Tip

No, it's ok. This time I'm sure. You see, this issue is very simple. You are being a troll and that's plain to see. So no doubt, no existential meditations, no rhetoric needed for something as simple as this. But thanks for asking. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: So long HelpDesk, and thanks for all the fish.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL