Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 10:33:36
Page:  1 
The Chaos Manual. Started by: Trollolol on Nov 04, '14 21:37

Disinformation

False BG Info:

Provide false information regarding the actual strength of your bodyguards, this will let your enemy, or your superior even, see you as less of a threat. You can also use this trick to goad an enemy into attacking a target you know they can’t hit.

False Wackstat Info:

Again like the false bg info - you can under-report your numbers to any superior, including a godfather if you are a CL. You can also use this to goad enemies into fighting eachother. For example, you tell Godfather A that Godfather B has a cap-hitting gun. If you picked the right godfather B then you should have a nice show.

False Witness Reports:

Have a larger group? Catch a witness statement yourself? Fuck it, frame someone. It has worked before and it will again. Try to pick somebody who is known for going off reservation and shooting people.

False Attack Complaints:

Send a mail to your superior stating you got a bodyguard wacked. They might send you money, and the uppers will be on the lookout for bg wackers for a week. You could also try this with a wack attempt but it would be somewhat pointless.

Social Warfare:

Forum Sliding:

Don’t allow your enemy to have any popular threads. This works better in a group. See your enemy put up an auth thread or another popular thread? Better have 4 sweet threads posted up within the hour, with all your friends replying back and forth in each.

Hand Requests:

Are you in leadership? Do you know somebody with potential in an enemy's camp, that might convert? ‘Buy them’ as a hand. This is a common practice. You might not always get the one you want but it could be worth it if they can build a cannon and remain loyal. Especially effective if the target hand is unprotected or incognito because they’ll be cheap or free sometimes, if you can generate a good rapport with the enemy.

Hitlisting:

Want to really fuck up someone’s day? Put lots of small-medium size hits up on either the crewleaders and hands bodyguards - or my favorite - put up a few million on every single person in the crew. Even the low level ones. These are far more effective than putting up one large chunk on a CL’s head - if it’s below 3-400 Million then you’re wasting your time. Nobody with a gun big enough to kill a CL is going to waste their life for less than that amount. But, if you have 50-100+ kills you might consider a few bg wacks or a hit for 3-4 mil even on a small target. A single rogue could pop up and hit 4 targets on the hitlist before the uppers have a chance to put them down. More rogues = More fun.

False-Flag Attacks:

Have a friendly in an enemy camp that wants to quit? Have them attack someone in your family/district/city that is Made+ (higher the rank the better, hopefully someone you dislike). Use this as an excuse to assemble your hitsquad and level the crew. Better yet? Plant multiple people in an enemy crew then have them all attack a major powerhouse at once. It will look like a first wave, the hitter from that powerhouse will kneejerk and destroy the crew, not to mention you probably took a nice chunk out of the crew you had your friends wave. Fuck up one crew, destroy the other.

Witness Statement Catching:

You need 5-7 people. Put them all in the district that the event is going to take place in. Make the smallest able gun in your organization do the shooting, that way you will have minimal losses if the statement isn’t caught. You can use less people if you do it 3-4am EST in a place like Philadelphia. Have someone with perfect vision check the locals to see if there are any tangos in the district, if there are try to wait until they leave. As soon as it’s done, you all need to fly away and log off. Pick poorly protected but valuable targets. (ones with a big gun but no bodyguards noob)

Admin Jail BG Wacking:

If a crewleader or other high ranking individual is in an admin jail, you can have a small team bg wack them continuously until they are within shooting range, when he gets out of jail he will only have a few moments to realize who has been hitting his bodyguards unless he has a RHM worth a fuck (hint: most don’t these days) You can take a leader down from IWP to OWP or less in a short amount of time, given that he’s in admin jail and you know his RHM’s sleep schedule.

Multi-Rogue and Chaos Mentality:

If you see a rogue set up, and you have any type of gun at all you should just start shooting. With focuses all tied to refreshing the rogue, you will not only be able to get away with your kill longer but you will confuse the shit out of the ruling class. If you can, try to take the shot exactly 1 hour after the other rogue shot, it’s fucking hilarious guys really.

Killing:

Setting up makes killing bitches so much easier, if you’re just maxed (which you can start with by using wack answers) you can set up at made man you can pretty much hit anybody with 0 Bodyguards under Boss. 10 kills, you can hit another rank up - 5 kills for each bodyguard (and people are lazy, most IWP’s are fake!) You get a city boost when you set up, so if you see your target in a city you happen to be in, set up in that city and take the shot.

Remember kiddies, one kill sends a message - one kill a day will drive them insane! Have fun.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $1,020,000 Tip

Curtis listens to the unusual speech with great interest. Point by point he found his eyebrows raise at the sheer originality of approach. As the young man finished Curtis smiled at him.

"What a wonderful little manual you have assembled. Its almost like The Anarchist's Cookbook for this thing of ours. A lot of tried and proven methods for subterfuge, deception, provocation and general anarchy. I have seen many of those techniques put into practice with varying degrees of success. Some rather comical backfires too. "

Taking a swig from his intoxicating flask, he shot a wily grin at the young wordsmith.

"Regardless of the moral debate that may accompany a work such as this, you should be commended for it's construction. Now all that remains is for us to sit here and get hideously drunk while we wait for Kuku to claim he invented every element you mentioned."

Report Post Tip

Curtis my good man, you got involved with a chap with rather a severe case of OOC-itis.  I'd get that seen to.

In all seriousness, perhaps a re-writing for an edition suitable for these Streets would be a worthy enterprise?

Report Post Tip

False BG Info:

Provide false information regarding the actual strength of your bodyguards, this will let your enemy, or your superior even, see you as less of a threat. You can also use this trick to goad an enemy into attacking a target you know they can’t hit.

No one is threatened by anyone. You could parade around the idea that you're capped or sitting at 10 effective BGs, and it would change nothing about how 99% of the game behaves. People don't shoot each other because of the status quo. Additionally, if your "enemy" is trusting you for BG information for a target you'd be better off by simply sharing the logs with their target and getting your enemy killed. That simultaneously eliminates your enemy, creates an alliance for you, and maintains the overall status quo.

False Wackstat Info:

Again like the false bg info - you can under-report your numbers to any superior, including a godfather if you are a CL. You can also use this to goad enemies into fighting eachother. For example, you tell Godfather A that Godfather B has a cap-hitting gun. If you picked the right godfather B then you should have a nice show.

This is also relatively impotent. Since no one is threatened by BGs, no one is really threatened by gun strength. Very very few people in general are willing to sacrifice a lot of their time and effort to get a strong enough gun to "scare" their superiors; and most opt to simply be a function for their superiors at that point rather than against them. Either way, you accomplish very little by lying about your gun. You could report a cap-hitting gun and be completely safe; so long as your superiors believe that you're allied to them. The number itself means nothing.

False Witness Reports:

Have a larger group? Catch a witness statement yourself? Fuck it, frame someone. It has worked before and it will again. Try to pick somebody who is known for going off reservation and shooting people.

It has worked, and it could work again. I like this, you just have to get a group of people to have the stones to do something violating the status quo; something that I doubt a single CL, GF, or hitter is willing to risk.

False Attack Complaints:

Send a mail to your superior stating you got a bodyguard wacked. They might send you money, and the uppers will be on the lookout for bg wackers for a week. You could also try this with a wack attempt but it would be somewhat pointless.

Cool, but just a waste of resources. You could siphon money from your superior, but if your "target" is your superior, you'd be better of simply BG wacking a stronger crew's members and costing him money that way. If your target isn't your superior, then you'd just be a dick because no one is going to shell out cash across cities or districts if they can't determine who the shooter is.

Forum Sliding:

Don’t allow your enemy to have any popular threads. This works better in a group. See your enemy put up an auth thread or another popular thread? Better have 4 sweet threads posted up within the hour, with all your friends replying back and forth in each.

Pointless. There are no popular threads anymore. And the ones that do get popular are just that; popular. Look up the Streisand effect; restricting something only makes people more curious about it.

Hand Requests:

Are you in leadership? Do you know somebody with potential in an enemy's camp, that might convert? ‘Buy them’ as a hand. This is a common practice. You might not always get the one you want but it could be worth it if they can build a cannon and remain loyal. Especially effective if the target hand is unprotected or incognito because they’ll be cheap or free sometimes, if you can generate a good rapport with the enemy.

Poaching for hands is only worth it if you're taking someone away from your "opponents". And this has backfired more often than it has benefited a crew. You're better off getting someone reliable you can trust.

Hitlisting:

Want to really fuck up someone’s day? Put lots of small-medium size hits up on either the crewleaders and hands bodyguards - or my favorite - put up a few million on every single person in the crew. Even the low level ones. These are far more effective than putting up one large chunk on a CL’s head - if it’s below 3-400 Million then you’re wasting your time. Nobody with a gun big enough to kill a CL is going to waste their life for less than that amount. But, if you have 50-100+ kills you might consider a few bg wacks or a hit for 3-4 mil even on a small target. A single rogue could pop up and hit 4 targets on the hitlist before the uppers have a chance to put them down. More rogues = More fun.

I actually did this with crew IAs a few months back. Nothing happens. The status quo is worth more than any amount of money you throw up there, especially when the ones preserving it are already near/at cap and see very little value in money.

False-Flag Attacks:

Have a friendly in an enemy camp that wants to quit? Have them attack someone in your family/district/city that is Made+ (higher the rank the better, hopefully someone you dislike). Use this as an excuse to assemble your hitsquad and level the crew. Better yet? Plant multiple people in an enemy crew then have them all attack a major powerhouse at once. It will look like a first wave, the hitter from that powerhouse will kneejerk and destroy the crew, not to mention you probably took a nice chunk out of the crew you had your friends wave. Fuck up one crew, destroy the other.

Or just level their crew in the first place. If you have the capacity to do it, you can make up a reason later. The more complex the plan (like a false flag) the more likely it will put your men in danger. I mean, who really goes to a friend in an opposing crew and asks them to fire on their own members just so they can retaliate? Just strike first, don't risk chatting with your target's members.

Witness Statement Catching:

You need 5-7 people. Put them all in the district that the event is going to take place in. Make the smallest able gun in your organization do the shooting, that way you will have minimal losses if the statement isn’t caught. You can use less people if you do it 3-4am EST in a place like Philadelphia. Have someone with perfect vision check the locals to see if there are any tangos in the district, if there are try to wait until they leave. As soon as it’s done, you all need to fly away and log off. Pick poorly protected but valuable targets. (ones with a big gun but no bodyguards noob)

Same problem with WS catching earlier. There aren't any players willing to disrupt the status quo even for something fun like this. And then you have to find a group of them? Without anything leaking? Not likely.

Admin Jail BG Wacking:

If a crewleader or other high ranking individual is in an admin jail, you can have a small team bg wack them continuously until they are within shooting range, when he gets out of jail he will only have a few moments to realize who has been hitting his bodyguards unless he has a RHM worth a fuck (hint: most don’t these days) You can take a leader down from IWP to OWP or less in a short amount of time, given that he’s in admin jail and you know his RHM’s sleep schedule.

I'm not sure exactly how this works, so I won't comment on it. I don't think you can attack people in jail.

Multi-Rogue and Chaos Mentality:

If you see a rogue set up, and you have any type of gun at all you should just start shooting. With focuses all tied to refreshing the rogue, you will not only be able to get away with your kill longer but you will confuse the shit out of the ruling class. If you can, try to take the shot exactly 1 hour after the other rogue shot, it’s fucking hilarious guys really.

This has merit, but it requires someone with balls in the first place. Very few crews in recent history have plans for rogues, and most simply view them as races for the big guns. If there were a well-planned execution of one of these plans, you could throw them in disarray pretty quickly, especially with some of the 303s gone.

Killing:

Setting up makes killing bitches so much easier, if you’re just maxed (which you can start with by using wack answers) you can set up at made man you can pretty much hit anybody with 0 Bodyguards under Boss. 10 kills, you can hit another rank up - 5 kills for each bodyguard (and people are lazy, most IWP’s are fake!) You get a city boost when you set up, so if you see your target in a city you happen to be in, set up in that city and take the shot.

So let's say my target is an unprotected boss. I get to Made, and as I'm about to set up, I think of an even better target. I train up, and get to about where I need, but I can't find him. So I do some Streets threads and throw some jails to see if I can find him. Well, now I've invested so much into this account that maybe I should go for someone more important. So I keep ranking up, training my gun, and looking for a more potent target so I'm not "wasting my time". By the time I actually find a target, I'll either be used or killed in a war and the whole purpose of the account is gone. It's somewhat illogical to spend so much time training up just to lose it all for one guy. The status quo reinforces itself.

Remember kiddies, one kill sends a message - one kill a day will drive them insane! Have fun.

How precisely will anyone do more than one kill? The suggestions you offer for actual kills are BG catching and roguing; both of which can not feasibly be done everyday without getting caught by the second or third night (or in the case of roguing, you're already dead).

And now the most important part of this post; this game isn't in chaos for a reason. The players don't want chaos. They want stability much more than fun (and many probably see a more stable game as more fun anyways). There's a reason no one tries these anymore; the game simply doesn't call for them. The "BG Terrorists" are long gone because there's no value in it. The BGs can be replaced much faster than they can be killed, and no leader would ever capitalize on an individual being targeted by BG wackers. We abandoned ambition years ago; now we value stability, kill counts, and friends more than anything and certainly much more than chaos or the fun it may bring.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: The Chaos Manual.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL