Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 12:32:51
Page:  1 
Are you a victim? Contact us now! Started by: Achilles on Nov 09, '14 16:19

Achilles is walking along the street while on the way to his favourite spot The Tipping Point in the Bronx Business District, all of a sudden some guy starts screaming at a young thug in front of him, asking if he wants to join his crew, he'll give him $100,000 if he does and more once he's inside the HQ. Achilles runs and drop kicks the guy, he then gives him a people's elbow just for good measure. Achilles had seen a lot of this sort of behaviour recently and it wasn't good for business to hand out invite's to your HQ willy nilly like this. Achilles decided something had to be done. Something drastic!

Achilles beckons the masses.

Have you been the victim of shameless whoring recently? Has anyone invited you to join their HQ without talking to you first? Have you been promised fame and fortune if you join a crew?

Well if you have, contact us at W.H.O.R.E. now!!! Just dial 0-800-Go-Fuck-Yourself because here, we say Go Fuck Yourself to the whores!

We here at Whore's Have One Real Enemy (I couldn't think of anything else) are very much against any kind of recruitment that involves spamming invites to unsuspecting thugs and petty thieves. We firmly believe that everyone should be made aware of what it is they're signing up to before they spend countless hours, money and effort on their crew.

We will be taking all of your calls and will ask you to provide evidence of any whoring that might have gone on. This usually takes place in mail form but we've been made aware that people have received cash sum's in order to join some of the families around here. So feel free to send us a bank statement too.

At W.H.O.R.E. We believe this kind of thing has gone on for far too long and despite the best effort of the Gods, it's high time someone put an end to this type of behaviour with some naming and shaming.

So get those mails and bank statements into us, you will receive a free 0-800-Go-Fuck-Yourself T-shirt when you contact us and will enter our prize draw where you can win upto $500,000.

Sounds good? Get dialing now.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

Rational Choice Theory - Individuals will make decisions that bring them the greatest gain and least costs. Most benefit, least harm.

This is what drives member whores. There is no harm done to them; they at *worst* pick up an unruly member who they can shoot later. At best they pick up a decent new money-maker. At no point in this decision is there any potential harm, except perhaps gaining a reputation as a member whore, but that has minimal impact on the success of your crew.

In the long run, member whoring will get you in a better spot with more members, so you might as well do it. "Better they be your IAs than unsponsored ones." If you want it to stop; make it hurt. Remove the "net gain" of member whoring. The only "cost" I see presently is more experienced bloodlines tend to avoid whores, so you'll mostly fill your ranks with first-timers. Other than that, member whoring is a pretty lucrative practice.

Report Post Tip

After listening to Achilles speech Curtis was drawn to taylor's point. 

"I'm not sure whoring members is as consequence free as you are making out. Sure, the numbers game works in your favour but flooding your home with unknown and untested members can be terribly corrosive. There is no end of shit that can be caused by unwanted elements doing and saying bad things in your family's clothes. Numerous family's have been taken down from within by just this kind of thing."

Report Post Tip

taylor there is a new potential harm, I will start to name and shame those who recruit in this way. I'm sure people wouldn't want their names placed in the streets for all to see.

I'm tired of this shit and lazy way of recruiting potential mobsters. It's not good for the newer faces to this thing of ours, as they will accept without thinking who it is they're joining. If these cunts want to help out the new faces like they say they do, then they need to make them aware that there are other options out there that may be more suited to them.

Report Post Tip

Sure, the numbers game works in your favour but flooding your home with unknown and untested members can be terribly corrosive. Numerous family's have been taken down from within by just this kind of thing.

Frankly, and not not flippantly dismiss your point, families have been taken down by all sorts of things. Some are deliberate infiltration, some are due to member whoring, and most are simply due to negligence. However, that is not really something I would characterize as "likely" in the present landscape. We have tons of crews, and yet we never see them being "taken down" for member-whoring or because of member whoring. While it is certainly a possibility, I would contend this has simply become so unlikely that the danger is nonexistent. BG stealthers, rogues, random wackers, etc. have declined in prominence, and even if they were to show up we would see an alliance of crews against the problem rather than any certain crew being taken down for it. So I think crewleaders are plenty insulated from that sort of behavior.

taylor there is a new potential harm, I will start to name and shame those who recruit in this way. I'm sure people wouldn't want their names placed in the streets for all to see.

Good. Truly good leaders shouldn't have to whore members to fill their ranks.

If these cunts want to help out the new faces like they say they do, then they need to make them aware that there are other options out there that may be more suited to them.

Unfortunately this is where my opinion differs. I think for an absurdly long time, whoring has been almost overtly disguised as "helping out," as if contacting a civilian and taking them by the hand is some community service. And because this practice is rooted in whoring and not altruism, there is an obvious bias in the way the practice is executed. I see absolutely no reason why anyone would deliberately make it easier to join someone else's crew; that seems entirely irrational to me. That's why I'd say we put an end to all recruiting practices and simply rely on entities like the HelpDesk and the individual's will to find work. This world has made it TREMENDOUSLY easy for people to get in contact with people they want to work for, and I see no reason why the practice of "recruiting" should not be discontinued.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Are you a victim? Contact us now!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL