Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 16:48:56
Page:  1 
RedWood Originals in NorthSide. Started by: BadWolf on Nov 09, '14 19:49

The sunlight gleaned off of the 31' Harley; crimson red paint, with chrome plated trimmings and the loud roaring of a 1200 cc/V-twin/Flathead engine echoing throughout the evening air. The great windy city could be seen off in the distance. BadWolf was glad to almost be home. Having received word from his beloved GodMother, that he was needed. He wrapped up his business in the distant city of St. Louis and headed back home. Feeling the Chicago wind as he came through the south side, he opened the harley in full throttle and zipped through the The-Loop on into North-Side Chicago. Arriving at Haven's Reach he killed the engine and was quickly met by Bunk who greeted him.

"Haven and Carlos_Hathcok have been waiting for you upstairs." Bunk expressed and walked him inside. Hanging his his leather jacket on the coat rack he walked down the hall and up the flight of stairs to Havens office. Sounds of laughter and chatter came from within the room and he gave a quick knock before entering. Quickly as he entered the room, everyone stood and greeted him with warm welcomes and a big hug from Haven.

"BadWolf! I trust you had a pleasant run to St. Louis." Haven handed him a glass of champagne and gestured him to take a seat. Sipping on the champagne,he relaxed and gazed around the room at familiar faces.

"I enjoyed it very much, made some good future business contacts for us!" He stroked his beard and poured himself another glass. 

"Awesome!" Haven smiled and stood up. "I have some good news of my own!" A fishy smile appeared upon her face; sliding a small box towards him. Taking up the box he opened it to find a shiny key inscribed with his name it. Looking up at Haven with a grin on his face.

"Me and Carlos have been talking for a while, with the unfortunate incident regarding Saint I had originally planned for two captains to help me run North-Side ... You have been a valuable asset to us here and our families have known eachother for a while; my mother even worked with your grandfather so I know my trust is placed in good hands...so I have taken the liberty of purchasinga rather nice building near the lake shore and it even had  has a little motorcycles mechanic shop ready to go beside it. I want you to take up a family of your own!" 

She grabbed the champagne bottle and headed for the door .

"Come now gentlemen! We have a ball to attend for our lovely friends in The-Loop."

BadWolf tucked the box in his pockets heading downstairs he grabbed one of his  trusted bodyguards.

"Go see our friend Jimmy downtown about a nice big sign." Handing him a wad of cash "what would you like it to say boss?" He put on his leather jacket and smirked . 

RedWood-Originals

Report Post Tip

Firstly, congratulations are in order, well done to Badwolf for becoming part of the bold suit brigade.

Secondly, I must say this strikes me as being quite odd. I seem to recall a similar thing happening a while back in south side under Princess, whereby someone was set up and then soon after another CL was announced. The first family was hardly full but an auth was still created. I had raised my concerns there also and there seemed to be many who understood my point.

I know what you're thinking. "It's not your district, piss off, you're just a pissant Achilles." But I'm still a little confused why this auth has been made, are we going to revert back to a couple months back whereby there were 273709270 crews with 5 members each? Surely it makes sense for the other family in North Side to fill up first before setting someone up? Good luck to Carlos tbh, must be a little annoying having to compete with someone in your district for members after being set up for just a week.

Awaits abuse.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $590,000 Tip

Please feel free to voice your opinion Achilles no harm. 

North-Side will run her ship as she sees fit. Just as everyone else is entitled. I thank you though for showing concern but I can most assuredly pull my own weight. 

Report Post Tip

There was no question as to pulling any weight. The only question that really seemed to be of any importance was: Why?

Report Post Tip

North side is full of inactives Achilles. Haven has turned it into a wasteland and fast. BadWolf is being set up to try and change that.

Report Post Tip

Easily put Achilles GodMother Haven saw it fit to set me and I will do my best to help build us up. As much as I appreciate your concerns. I don't have time to keep addressing this trollish behavior. Thank you Don Achilles.

Report Post Tip

So in response your answer is: "Because."

There is no trolling here Boss Badwolf, just a concerned citizen addressing an issue which I feel should be avoided. Since Boss Badwolf has no time, can anyone else imagine if there were to be auths like this in each district? 10 members in a crew before another one is authed? If I had my abacus handy I might have been able to make some sort of mathematical prediction as to how many families we'd have in a month.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Deadly was perusing the streets, as ever, and happened upon Badwolf announcing that he was the latest addition to North Side Chicago. He nodded his head and smiled politely as Badwolf finished his speech, and then stood and listened as a discussion started up. He wasn't going to say anything, as clearly this was a debate between crewleaders and Deadly didn't want to get involved in that in case offence was taken and he ended up swimming. However something was said that pushed Deadly forward, and before he knew what he was doing he found himself getting involved...

"Good evening everyone, and congratulations on your auth Badwolf, I'm sure you truly earned it. I wasn't going to get involved here as this is way above my level. However Achilles is a leader in the same district as myself and I feel as I am a Wise Guy I can potentially offer some wisdom here. I'm just going to get started, because if I think about this too much I probably won't say it."

Deadly clears his throat and begins to speak.

"Firstly, Achilles asked a question. Then, you didn't actually listen to the question as evidenced by the fact you didn't actually answer it, and then told him he was free to voice his opinion. But then when he corrected you by repeating out of courtesy the question he asked the first time, you accuse him of being a 'troll'. Why tell someone to voice their opinion then call them a troll when they do? You should have either told him to mind his own business, or not called him a troll when he did what you said he could do. That's just my opinion as a lowly Wise Guy though of course."

"I too am curious about the same thing that Achilles is however, it doesn't seem to make much sense to me that someone would be authed while the other headquarters still has barely any people in it. If every headquarters in our country had 10 members in it we'd have seventy crewleaders running around. Seventy. I don't know the politics at the top, I don't know the future that the guys at the top envision. I'm just a Wise Guy, trying to understand the minds of those at the top, so that I can get some understanding of the decisions made. Forgive me if that's wrong, but I'm an inquisitive person."

Deadly clears his throat again and steps back, awaiting a response.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $250,000 Tip

Bad Wolf listend to Achilles and his remarks and before he could speak a young man approached and voiced hisopinion as well ,nodding in understandment he took a sip of his champagne and adjusted himself as he listened quietly and humbly.

I agree I see where you are both coming from and I appologise for not giving you more time Achilles as I am quite busy I can make time to attend to your question as I freely accepted you to voice your opinion. I know North-Side is small and Carlos family is still barely full hell maybe he just likes the huge house with exstra room. He dose have a bitchen pool by the way. As you can clearly see I however prefer smaller accommodations I belive in brotherhood and will take 10 active brothers who will ride with me to the end over a family of 50 who I don't even know there first names. Your case and point is valued and understood. The answer to your question Achilles is Haven and Carlos saw it fit for me to take a family of my own because they believe I deserve it and can do well for North-Side just as much as I believe GodFather Cantillon trusts in your abilities. That should be a justifiable enough answer for you.

BadWolf refilled his glass fired up a cigarette offering one to the two gents

Report Post Tip

Haven listens politely before putting her ten cents in. Raising her eyebrow a bit as she listens.

Achillies, why would I choose to set up someone so fast next to Carlos? I run a family business, not a crew. Everyone under me is part of this family and while you see competition, I see a chance to expand my family and strengthen both wings together. You see two crews, I see my two trusted hands managing two businesses and working together under me. I'm not looking to set up to new families, I've set up two new houses for one family to grow in. My family. We work tightly as a unit. My CL's arent competing, they're a team, thats why setting them up side by side will work.

So, Why am I doing things this way? Because to me and my upper staff, this was the best course of action. Because I now have two active leaders, who are great with teaching, set up under me, all the better to work one on one with newer people. Because I'm willing to have two crews grow slowly side by side verses waiting till Carlos has 30 members. And because the benefits suited me and my family.

I understand your concern, but find it misplaced. I have total faith that both Badwolf and Carlos will do me proud.

Report Post Tip

My main concern is that if each district were to follow your business savvy self in order to expand, we'd revert back to a time where there were too many chiefs and not enough Indians and I hope those that remember this period recognise that it wasn't good for business.

What you're actually doing is slowing down the rate in which your single family ("which isn't 2 crews, they're 2 businesses, but working under 2 houses as a single family but really they're 2 crews, that will grow side by side but slowly" - I hope I got that right) grows stronger. Carlos and Badwolf will take longer to become stronger as they will take longer to fill their families and raise the funds to strengthen their forts and hire the necessary bodyguards.

Ultimately of course it is your district to do with as you please, but I hope this doesn't become a trend that the other districts follow.

Report Post Tip

I understand you concern Achilles, it is a just and viable concern and I thank you for showing your opinion. Yet why do you assume that because there are now two families we will be weak?or we will grow slow. Your definition of a good family and a powerful family is a point of view. I would be more then happy to just run with a 10 man crew. I know my abilities and capabilities of being a good leader and I will train thoses small few to be my brothers and work hard. 

Report Post Tip

BadWolf, Achilles is contending a point of view rooted in simple math. Whatever gains you think you'll get by casting a second net will be undone by the manpower required to use it. A crew's primary objective is to earn money; that money cannot be shared between two crews. If it were to be shared, then there's no bloody point in having two separate crews. Crew members and crew fortifications cannot be shared, as they can only belong to one crew or another.

The problem you will face is trying to finance two large expenditures (fortifications and BGs for two crews/leaders), but the resources stay the same. You're still only pulling from a finite number of new mobsters, but you have doubled the financial strain on those individuals. Rather than earning for a single leader, the same number of individuals now have to earn for two leaders' defenses. That's why this will make you weaker in the long run; because building another HQ doesn't grant you double the members, the new members will be split between the two of you and you will both have far less resources available to you.

If your decision is rooted in making one more leader available for "teaching," then I suppose any economic argument is invalid. But just know that there is literally a horde of individuals (leaders, hands, sponsors, helpdesk) ready to teach anyone who shows up on these shores; so perhaps those objectives are a bit superfluous.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Once again I feel special that you and Achilles care so much. Taylor I understand your argumentative opinion but you don't even know my wallet to even justify what sort of economic state I am in. Yes it's viable for some parties but I am more then capable of handling my own weight and then some. GodMother Haven trusted in me and knows me enough to know I am capable. The economic state of North-Side I find is a missplacement concern on your part but it is an over all general opinion and concern I respect.

(Sorry for my short winded response but I am at work)

Report Post Tip

If it's money that concerns you, Badwolf is correct, he has the funds sorted, as does Carlos. Each household supports itself quiet easily. You think I'd set them up this way if they weren't stable?

My authing process is fine in the current environment, if others feel they should do the same, it might be an issue, but, for the moment, you're just chasing "what if"s. Be happy, if this really does weaken my district, it's less competition for you, but I highly doubt that it'll weaken us any.

Report Post Tip

Shaking off his coat and coming over he looks around, hearing the conversation he thought he should adds his 2 cent.  Running his fingers over his recently shaved hair he looked over.

"Me and Badwolf simply work like a shift at at the meat packing factory, we work on two different shifts with the hope to entice more people into the business"

shrugging a little

"as neither of us or sponsors can be round 24 hours a day to handle operations, the hope is this will mean we get better chance for round the clock recruitment, development and also to watch over our beloved Godmother"

Sipping from a flask he pauses

"the one on one time also we can provide a smaller family will hopefully develop them better to progress in our world and provide a better quality individual"

sipping again he frowns

"although i do understand the argument for having two different crews the truth is when looking at my jobs board for the last twenty workers, only 4 made it into one of 4 different families.  The hope is the more time covered, the more chance someone will connect on some level and maybe help make someone who will leave their mark"

Report Post Tip

As TIIYAH was wondering the street, she remembered hearing of this announcement, BadWolf had become one of her dearest friends in this thing of ours, she remembered the many times that had make her laugh so hard that her stomach hurt. Now with the passing of her friend and some of his family due to unforeseen circumstances, she took this time to remember him.

I would like to come and say, Rest In Peace to all those that have fallen from the RedWood Original family. I hope that your kin will come back and help build up chicago if that is what they choose to do. You will be missed my dear friend. 

Thank You.

And with that she carried on walking in the streets, as she had work to continue onto within the hour.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: RedWood Originals in NorthSide.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL