Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 09:08:38
Page:  1 
The Las Vegas Stock Exchange Started by: AdumbT on Nov 10, '14 15:05

AdumbT’s businesses were thriving. Joseph-Ligambi (Uncle Joe) was his top earner, bringing in millions through loan sharking and sports betting. His newest star recruit, AntonioGambino, founded The Goodfellas Financial Group, providing clients with a large return on their investment, acting like a bank for mobsters who needed clean money. But despite the success of his ventures in Las Vegas, AdumbT wanted more. He developed a system that would span all the major cities. He was hungry, and it was time to feed the beast.

With the help of his LHM JohnnyChang, he created the Las Vegas Stock Exchange (LVSE). The idea was to provide investment opportunities to the mafia. He would train the men in his crew to become stock brokers in Las Vegas, but anyone in any city could trade through the LVSE. He would start small: provide stock options for only three companies. The companies’ earnings would be assessed by real time data provided by Squishy in his pretty graphs. The “Safe Bet” stock would be represented by the “Active Per Day” graph, where the number of characters logged in each day would be the price of each share of stock. The “Opportunity” stock would be represented by the deaths graph. And finally, the “Make A Killing” stock would be based off of the Deaths By Rank for gangsters. 

AdumbT had been tracking the prices of each stock for the past few weeks, noticing trends and making calculations that could predict when to buy low and when to sell high. He realized that the investment opportunities were huge. Buying into an “Opportunity” stock could result in more than six times return on the initial investment. It just took effort to study the market and know when to make a killing, but if done right, it could lead to large profits for all those involved.

If the LVSE were to be a success, AdumbT knew that it could change the landscape of the MR economy. Even a lowly thug could buy in with a small investment and become a millionaire when the time was right.

AdumbT wanted to let everyone on the streets know about his idea. He realized that if he could share the LVSE through word of mouth, then it might catch fire. He thought long and hard how to approach presenting the opening of the LVSE. Perhaps a grand ceremony or a Masquerade would draw people in. Perhaps a fireworks celebration and a parade to announce the opening of the LVSE.

But then he realized: good ideas need no promotion. If it is good enough, it will spread. If it’s not, then it will fail. 

And even if he wasn’t able to reach everyone on the streets, he would still have his businesses in Las Vegas to fall back on...

Gone were the days of gambling away his savings. AdumbT was making his way in this world, starting with nothing, and finding his way to the top. He would do everything in his power to ensure that the city of Las Vegas could grow. The LVSE was just the start...

AdumbT thought to himself, “I’m not a businessman, I’m a business, man!”

Report Post Tip
To be honest, I like the idea. It adds a challenge to work with your brain to make some extra money. Although I am curious how hard it will be to foretell trends and patterns. If it launches I am curious towards your business-model. Will you be using service-fee's in a time-based manner, claim part of profits or something else?

But anyway, I like it and would encourage you to pilot this LVSE.
Report Post Tip

Thank you for comments Don SydBarrett, I appreciate the interest and feedback. Some may think that the trends and patterns are just pure luck, but if you choose the right stock at the right time, or the right stock broker, they may be able to advise you. Think about playtimes, and certain days in which more users may be online. Or, if you have insider information when people will be assassinated, you could make a killing (pun intended). The main model for success is buying in low, and selling high (just like the principles of drug dealing).

My crew recently founded a stock brokerage firm called The Goodfellas Co & Inc, located in the Las Vegas Business District. If you have questions or want to know about how we work, please feel free to contact me via mobmail. We serve you, and only charge a small transaction service fee. However, I encourage other crews to form their own brokerage firms and find the best model to help their customers make money.

Thank you again, and please share this idea with others!

Report Post Tip

I concur this is a fascinating plan. I wish to invest immediately and buy all the stocks you have of the Graham Bell Telephony, Ford Motor Company, General Electric, and Rockefeller Oil. I will send payment as soon as the God we call squishy approves of this fine idea. Can't wait to start uncorking the bottles of champagne and buy myself a highrise building in the middle of The Strip.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Las Vegas Stock Exchange
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL