Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 11:26:33
Page:  1 
What Makes You. You Started by: -Draven- on Nov 13, '14 01:56

Usually Draven had one of the staff pick up her groceries. Not that she couldn’t do the job herself, but more for the fact that she was too busy to do it. So much had changed since Mako was taken away and if she thought her life was busy before his death it became completely chaotic after. This morning was a rare occurrence. She had woken up to a few hours to herself. After a shower and getting dressed for the day, Draven made her way to the kitchen for a guilty pleasure. She usually kept a diet of oatmeal in the morning, but today, she’d have corn flakes with a few scoops of sugar. As she opened to fridge and picked up the carton of milk she was surprised to feel it was empty. 

BigBlack!

Draven shouted, cursing under her breath, knowing that he was probably already out of the headquarters. Sometimes she wondered why she kept the apartment above the headquarters. Why not just get a big place in the su….she scoffed at herself at just the thought. She had lots to do and a district to take care of. Retirement would come eventually, not any time soon, but then, she would have all the milk to herself. 

That’s how Draven found herself at the corner grocer just around the way. Why she found herself in a line that was much to long for just your standard food mart, but then she remembered what time of year it was. Middle of November, the holiday season was officially in full swing. Her favorite time of year. Even though this time of year was hectic and busy, she enjoyed it. All the people around her. It got her thinking. Once she had paid for her milk, she stepped into the crisp Chicago air and an old soap box. She lit a smoke and took to the audience that was already gathering.

Good day! In this world of ours there are many things and many people that are important to us. It’s easy to get caught up in life and not appreciate the small things, but this time of year, the holiday season things come a little clearer. Even with all the rushing around. Sometimes in our hectic busy lives we lose track of those things, but they always lay in the back of our minds. Many people right now are spending time with their close friends. Wether that time be spent knocking over a bank or bringing their grandmother groceries. Others may be sitting at a window and looking out at the city they live in with the thought of someone they miss on their mind. 

I have a hint of an idea what has brought me to speak with you all today, it’s this holiday season. The cheer in the air, even though, baby, it’s cold outside. There is something that brings people together for the holidays. It’s a joyous occasion to some, including myself. Before I just blubber away to all of you why this time of year is my favorite, I’ll get to the point. With all the people out and about this time of year, I can’t help but think about all the lives. What is it to you to be who you are?

Draven asks and pauses to take a drag off of her smoke. 

Is what makes you who you are the people you surround yourself with? Is it what you strive to be? What about the things you do in your daily life, is that what makes up who you are? What about your ancestors, are you the person you are today because of them? Or do their choices have no influence of the man that stands in front of me?

For me, people are who they are because of what they have been through in life. The things they have done, the people they surround themselves with. I’m very thankfully for the people that I can call both family and friends. Sometimes I look around and just smile. How lucky I am. Very. They all contribute to who I am and me to them.

Who contributes to who you are? Influences who you are? Is it your crew leader? Your Godfather? Your best friend from grade school?

Draven steps off the soap box, opening up the discussion to the crowd. With her free hand she wraps the scarf around her neck as a shiver goes through her body. She’s thankful it’s a chilly day, her milk won’t go bad. She’s eager to her what others have to say or how they will answer her questions. 

Report Post Tip

Ajani quietly listened to -Draven-'s speech. She was right about the holiday season coming and with that came the weather in Chicago. Ajani shivered, this city really is a windy city... He buttoned up his blazer  and finished his cup of coffee.

"A very good topic -Draven- , one anyone can relate to that has any amount of history running through their blood lines. Others with without any still have something that inspires and makes them who they are as a person. From my experience from my families generations passed down to me, a few things have always been important to them. Integrity, respect and looking out for the ones who gave you the shirt on your back. If you have nobody you can turn to for help or just talk to when you have had it rough you really have nothing. Being around these shores for a very long time and working with some of the most respected names adds small pieces to your own puzzle which builds who you are. I think people in general are like sponges and if placed in any enviroment they will soak it up. If it's a bloodline that grew up around a bunch of hot head rouges for friends or selfish people, some of that mentality may reflect who they are. Over the vast amount of Godfathers my line has worked with in the past I have always respected the old school way of thinking. I always try and reflect that on to my future lines and people that look to me for advice or as a mentor. "

"I think in the end when considering who a person is because of there past is always a interesting aspect. Of course who they are now is a completly new person and that is the way it should be. If John does father and grandfather were known for doing some not so great things, well John isn't them. However maybe they soaked up who they were? Or maybe they are trying to turn a new leaf? I have always been one for second chances. In my past I have been burned a couple times because of it, however I think most of the time it has benifited my line. Generally a persons past will define who they are most of the time, but sometimes people like writing and new chapter. That is my speech that is a bit all over the place, thank you -Draven- for this lovely chat."
Ajani lights a cigar and shakes her hand.

Report Post Tip

HandsomeRob eagerly listened to his future Godmother as she addressed something that meant a great deal to her. Rob knew what the people around her meant to her. He knew the crew was everything to her. 

Miss Draven. You ask what makes me, me and I have to mention a few people of the past and even a few experiences. The most impactful people are always going to be the ones around you. The ones that are around you day in and day out. To me, those few know who they are as I chat with them daily. And one of them, I motor boat. These friendships are what I hold most dear to me and I think my friends know that. And if I not, I hope they do now.

Along with friendships, experiences also drive a person. Both in a positive and negative way. You look at certain bloodlines and you see who is around them and such, and you notice a pattern. I won't go into very many details here but I think we all understand what I mean.

Thanks again Draven for pushing me to remember certain things from the past and relive the good times and the bad.

Report Post Tip

TIIYAH was walking through the streets when she heard a voice that is becoming much more similar as time passes her by, the person whom she heard was to become the future Godmother of the city that she has come be fond of, Draven. Draven's speech and question should've been one that she knew the answer to quite quickly, however TIIYAH felt much more deeply.

What makes me, Me?

I believe that there is alot that contribute toward what i am, It is my past, my present and my future.

My past has within MR has been very short, but has taught me that you can be serious but it is important to have fun when the time is right (Your not going to party while you're facing a war) and of which i have made many friends of different type to help keep me grounded.

My present is me doing what i can for those around me, striving to be the best possible person that i can be.

My future is where i see me heading (much like a goal) - possible in a strong and high position in my family. Someone to be dependable on.

There are a lot more factors within what i have stated above (but that would take ALL WEEK LONG) lol.

And with that TIIYAH walks to the back and listen to everyone else's aspect of who they are.

Report Post Tip

As The_Dutchman listened to Draven's intro, he starts to smile, and as soon as he heard others' opinions, he takes a moment then starts speaking to the people interested in the topic.

"First of all, as mentioned by my fellow mobsters, this is a very, very interesting topic. If it's one thing people like to do and should like to do or at least put some effort to, is talking and listening to eachother about our opinions."

The_Dutchman takes a sip of his tea before he continues with his own vision on the subject.

"What makes You, You..?"
"Well, first of all, this could be different to one and another obviously. But i personally tend to disagree with the saying 'You are who you chose to be around you.' People are very diverse, yet we do need eachother for certain things, if only it was for business, or certain services etc. I think one is always the very most shapen by his childhood. The first few years before you even dream of leaving your elderly house, your parents teach you everything and give you your first life impressions.

However, throughout your whole life, you'll meet plenty of people. People will always come and go by. Some you'll like, others you don't, some stick around, some leave soon, or maybe late... You can win people, and yes, we lose people... We lose touch with old friends, make new ones. Heck, we can even change family in the darkest of days.

People make decisions in their life, and have to live by the consequences. You can look back, sure, but the past is the past, it's unchangable. Some would say that's a pitty. I'd say, we're better off this way. The past must remain the past. But now i'm going into science and philosophy too much, heheh..."

The_Dutchman takes another sip of his tea

"I think all in all, everyone decides for him-  or herself, who he or she is, wants to be, or wants to become, or what we absolutely don't want to be... All things are relative as i always like to say, and i happen to know of a song which actually perfectly describes the way i feel about this subject. Because, what could mere words do what a motion picture or vinyl record cannot..?" ;-)

The_Dutchman walks off the speaking stage, takes a vinyl playing device he sees standing in the corner, and applies a vinyl record plate. The following song starts playing in front of the mass: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCuEEf4mGsk

"I realize it's a bit cheesy for us tough mobsters of this world, but give it a thought, y'know?"

Having said his thing, The_Dutchman grabs him another cup of tea and rejoins the crowd, listening to his song.

Report Post Tip

Aliens stepped into the middle of the crowd and slowly it started to part. He went unnoticed often enough. He waited and hummed his way to the soap box. As he stood on top of it he realized he still wasn't tall enough for all to hear, so he stacked two more on top of them and waited for a little attention to be shed his way.

Flicking the cigarette in his mouth to the ground he exhaled a blue fog of smoke and immediately lit another one before the smoke cleared his lungs. Finally the murmuring of the crowd was settling down.

Miss Draven, I do believe that what makes me is the choices I make. I can decide who to follow, and who to work for. We can choose what decisions we make. Everyday is filled with choices and decisions. How we respond to those situations is what makes us, us.

The little grey alien inhaled another fog of smoke and coughed a little, the cigarette never leaving his mouth as he used his hands to emphasize points as he made them.

We are also made who we are, by the people that we surround ourselves with. If I surrounded myself with bloodlines known for rogueing or mistreating their bosses, I would be known for that too, by association.

Instead, I choose to surround myself with people that treat me fairly, individuals that take all of the facts of any given matter into hand instead of making assumptions based on only half of the puzzle.

Life is after all like a puzzle, we are given the pieces to put it together and build what we wish.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

He listens intently to the people that have spoke before him. He ushers his bodyguards away so he can step forward and talk to the gathering crowd. He takes the final drag of his cigarette and drops it on the floor, he steps on it and twists his foot a couple of times to make sure it is out.

Draven what a good subject to bring up, now my bloodline has around for a while and I would like to think what I have read in journals and formed part of me. We learn from experiences and I have had plenty in this life I am hoping that they have moulded me into a better leader. I hope to pass this down to my son when he follows me into this line of work just like my father did for me.

I like Aliens believe the people you surround yourself with and associate with are a reflection of yourself.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

MeyerLansky is wobbling along on sea legs (at least that's what it looks like. Truth be known, the only sea he had been on lately was a sea of alcohol... which may be why he was so wobble footed), when he overheard Draven speaking quite a lot about the holidays, and where we come from and where our influence comes from... and something else perhaps.

After hearing some responses he figures he should put in his two cents, lest Draven scold him later. Although, more often than not, Meyer really enjoyed his "punishments." That Draven was a minx.

You know what influences me? Money. I fucking love money. Everything I want, I can get with money. Drink, sex, bunny rabbits. It's all bought with money. But you know why I fucking hate the holidays. Everyone wants me to spend my money, and not on hookers or whiskey, but on gifts for Timmy. Or perhaps a new dress for the niece. Maybe that woodstove that the folks have always wanted.

Fuck the holidays. And fuck people who want my money. Someone get me some booze.

MeyerLansky takes a long drag of his cigar.

You can spank me later, Draven. I look forward to it.

He winks at her, grabs the nearest girls ass and walks away, towards the HQ where he will assume whatever position his lady commands.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What Makes You. You
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL