Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 04:59:44
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
The victim's step forward! Started by: Achilles on Nov 13, '14 19:41

Since my announcement that we at W.H.O.R.E. we're taking your calls, the phone has been ringing-a-plenty.

Our first caller was that rascal Kuku, he informed us of Fast-Fingers-Freddy and his willingness to offer a "solid player" a place in Chicago, Lord knows they need them over there (apparently).

Below is a telegram Kuku received:

To: Mr_Kuku
Sent: Nov 08, '14 20:09
Subject:

How are you doing today sir

I see you took a couple of days off as of recent events (how was the break)

Are you looking for any particular place to hang your hat at?

We could use a Solid player over here in Chicago.

Unfortunately, the relationship ended sooner rather than later and it turned out Chicago didn't need a solid player after all. Kuku was seen some time later leaving the Transporter HQ displaying rude hand gesture's as he did so.

Calvin the thug also gave us a call to let us know about some activity he was concerned about:

To: Calvin
Sent: Nov 09, '14 19:52
Subject:

*As CrissCross was walking up the street with a few of his men, he noticed a young person walking up the other side of the street. There was something about the kid that caught Don Ross' eye.

"Hey, fellas. Gimme a minute alright?" He said, and then ran across the street.

He approached the kid and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey kid, you got a minute?"

Calvin was concerned after being chased around by Don CrissCross because they had exchanged eye contact. Calvin told me he wasn't even looking at CrissCross, he informed me that as a bird enthusiast he thought he had noticed a rare Sprozza bird sitting on a fence behind CrissCross.

Shortly after this, Calvin was then approached by SebasianSky who just wanted a chat. Just a chat though, nothing else. He liked to chat and get to know 1 upper structure and 1 thug a day, such a pillar of the community. I hope you didn't miss my turn out, m8. There was no ulterior motive btw...oh wait, there was. (Some of this telegram has been removed as it isn't relevant. You will also notice that some of it was in some kind of code, players and role play? Who knows what it could mean?)

Sent: Nov 09, '14 23:08
Subject:

i do quiet often but i wasn't about to since all i wanted was a chat and with lower ranks its hard to tell ive done so before and  had them have no clue what was going on, or simpily not respond because they weren't confident in their skills

To: SebasianSky
Sent: Nov 09, '14 23:05
Subject:

you do not rp yourself though?

Sent: Nov 09, '14 23:03
Subject:

i'm just chatting, ive got no interest in farming. as i said before just trying to get more people, if one of my members contacts you than thats on them. as for role playing mattering i'd prefer if they used it but ive got many first time players so what ever they are comfortable with is fine

Sent: Nov 09, '14 23:00
Subject:

so you are chatting to farm for someone else and RP doesn't matter? is that right?

Sent: Nov 09, '14 22:58
Subject:

yes an no ive a rule where i'm not allowed to pull into my family anymore so mine is just for chat. like i said i like to talk

Sent: Nov 09, '14 22:57
Subject:

what happened to roleplay around here? all i get is random chat mails or join me mails. is everyone lazy?

Sent: Nov 09, '14 22:55
Subject:

ive made it my goal to get to know one new thug/gangster a day and one new member of the upper structure a week. you never know who you will need to work with in the future. 

though i can't completey say i don't have ulterior motives, i am always scouting for members 

We received this anonymous telegram from another victim of whoring. Apparently @Chariman131 skipped the subtle tactics:

To: Anonymous
Sent: Nov 03, '14 18:15
Subject: Recruiting

Would you like to join my family?

Good effort though mr Chairman! Keep up the good work.

A guy called zimmer had a lot of interest shown in him. CristianoRonaldo dropped him a telegram explaining he was only looking for Loyal members. That's fortunate tbh as I had been searching for as many unloyal ones as I could. Hadn't managed to find any yet though, there must be too much competition these days! On a separate note at least this is less intrusive compared to some of the others, he offers a choice and lays out what it is he is after:

To: zimmer
Sent: Nov 10, '14 01:34
Subject: Good Evening

Hey Zimmer

Hope all is well.

I am writing to you today as I have noticed you don't currently have a family. I know you have probably received alot of mails about joining other family's. I don't intend to harass you as it's your choice who you join and such. I am here just to tell you that I am looking for Loyal members that want to show there skills off and be given the chance to progress overtime. The choice is yours....

Take care and i wish you all the best in your path that you will choose in your future.

Regards

Cristiano

Another one from zimmer, this time Buddha- is asking him what he wants to do, a clearly confused zimmer can't get away quick enough. He doesn't seem to know what he wants to do, much to the dismay of a persistent Buddha-

To: Buddha-
Sent: Nov 10, '14 02:07
Subject:

I don't know what I'll do yet.

Sent: Nov 10, '14 02:07
Subject:

Hehhehe. LOL! Are you willing to go forward to this game bud? :D

To: Buddha-
Sent: Nov 10, '14 02:06
Subject:

were we talking? i've got lots of mails. i dont remember our conversation. I dont know what i'll do yet

Sent: Nov 10, '14 02:05
Subject:

Ohhhh, That nice. So are you planning to played this game bud? Be active?

It would seem our main man zimmer has been a real hit. Here is a conversation between him and that scary Stax. He strikes fear into his enemies hearts don't you know? I'll make a point of staying on his good side.

Sent: Nov 10, '14 01:43
Subject:

Supposed to be
Strike fear in the enemies heart :)

To: Stax
Sent: Nov 10, '14 01:42
Subject:

Your name sounds scary.

Sent: Nov 10, '14 01:41
Subject:

I'm sure there is
I have been with Nightmare Society since day one so I have not encountered any of that

Sent: Nov 10, '14 01:39
Subject:

are there power trippers I should avoid. OH! I hate that!

Sent: Nov 10, '14 01:38
Subject:

This is a great family with very friendly and helpful people
No power trips here...if your loyal and are willing to put in the work you can rise to the top with us

Sent: Nov 10, '14 01:36
Subject:

yeah. ive started to get lots of mails. why should i join yours?

Sent: Nov 10, '14 01:34
Subject:

Protection..this your first char?

Sent: Nov 10, '14 01:33
Subject:

what do i need a family for?

Sent: Nov 10, '14 01:33
Subject:

Hello
How are you :)
Are you looking for a family?

Later that evening, CrissCross struck again, chasing down more innocent thugs. This time though it was only because he wanted to give them $100,000. What a champ. I wish he'd chase me around like that. Achilles looks out hopefully for a black Mercedes Benz

Sent: Nov 10, '14 01:45
Subject:

Don CrissCross looks at the man who is clearly in a panic. He laughs, thinking of how people always act the same when in this situation.

"Mr. Zimmer, I assure you that you are not in any danger at the moment. I am aware of the immunity that is given to those that are new to this... 'thing of ours'. I had my men bring you here so that I may have a chat with you.

Now before you continue to fight and struggle, please, hear my out for just a second. I had them bring you here because I wanted to make you an offer. Now you can ignore me and get out of this car right now and walk away with no problem what so ever. OR, you can let me speak, and whether you accept my offer or not, you can get out of this vehicle 100, 000$ richer."

Don CrissCross pulled out a paper bag filled with hundred dollar bills and placed it on the seat in front of the man, and waited for his response.

To: CrissCross
Sent: Nov 10, '14 01:41
Subject:

Let me go! Who the hell do you think you are! I have 7 days to look around!

Sent: Nov 10, '14 01:40
Subject:

As you walk up the street, you begin to get the feeling that you are being followed.

You pick up the pace, trying to avoid the two men in suits that are following you. 

You notice an alley coming up ahead of you, and break out into a sprint towards it.

You make a hard right and try to duck into the alley, but you run directly into the chest of another very large man. He is accompanied by two others, who pick you up and drag you deeper into the alley.

You see an all black Mercedes Benz, which you are stuffed into the back seat of. 

There is another man in the back seat as well.

"Are you Zimmer?" The man asks you.

That is just a sneak preview of what we have for now folks. There are still telegrams rolling in and the phone is constantly ringing. It looks as if there are a few people growing weary of the current recruitment methods and here at W.H.O.R.E we are looking to help out the victims as best we can (when we have time).

Don't forget kids, the number is - 0-800-Go-Fuck-Yourself

Call us now!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $500,000 Tip

Hilarious!

Report Post Tip

the victims of what?

Report Post Tip

Well what one calls WHORING others call it a different approach at collecting good players.

Others simply "BUY" their people 1 million has often been thrown around. Who here is the Whore that is what I want to know. 

Report Post Tip

Well what one calls WHORING others call it a different approach at collecting good players.

And there's the problem. What the fuck is a "player"? We're supposed to be members of the mafia, not players. Perhaps that should influence how you "collect" your people. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Seems as though some like to blame others for their lack of ability to fill their own crew. If someone wants to approach a new comer that is their choice. I don't see any issue with that at all. Before that was our only option. Do you wait for these new fish to contact you? With so many bright lights and places of businesses to check out this could become overwhelming to someone fresh off the boat and guidence can be crucial to their well being and chance to stick around more the a day. Suck it up and learn how to fill your crew, this I can guarantee will not make anyone want to join you. One more shot to Achilles foot from his own gun....
Report Post Tip
Recruiting methods have changed over the years.

The tide has shifted.

Leaders have long been scampering the streets for fresh faces. Not the other way around. 
There is more urgency for crews to recruit, due to the quantity of crews compared to the homeless.

These approaches are bog standard and do not surprise me in the slightest.

I'd suspect very few young turks approach a head honcho directly. It's practically unheard of, due to the examples you have provided.
Report Post Tip

Seems as though some like to blame others for their lack of ability to fill their own crew. If someone wants to approach a new comer that is their choice. I don't see any issue with that at all. Before that was our only option. Do you wait for these new fish to contact you? With so many bright lights and places of businesses to check out this could become overwhelming to someone fresh off the boat and guidence can be crucial to their well being and chance to stick around more the a day. Suck it up and learn how to fill your crew, this I can guarantee will not make anyone want to join you. One more shot to Achilles foot from his own gun....

I think you'll find its very much the difference between ages of players.

'Back in the day..' typing out a letter to a crewleader and asking to join their crew wouldn't mean you would even get a reply let alone an invite.

So, yeah, if I were a leader I would like to think people would come to the Streets, judge what they want from the world and who can offer it best and then choose someone. Preferably me. But I wouldn't get arsey if they didn't. Such is life. But at least I would know my family wanted to be there and were not just there because I was the first person to come running over to them.

So yeah. Keep 'filling that crew' because it will never quite be a family like I and Achilles would hope to build.

As for shooting himself in the foot. I look at some of those mails and fucking wince. If it were me I would be incredibly embarrassed by my conduct. But again it must be an age thing.

Report Post Tip

Oooppsss! Wont see that coming LOL! Crappp! Hahaha

Report Post Tip

It's not an age thing. There are veterans who whore like any newcomer; and there are newcomers who behave like members of the mafia when they approach someone fresh off the boat. It's a dignity thing. Have we not slid into depravity? What kind of Don greets civilians on the streets handing out flyers to join his crime syndicate? A don that has lost all touch with his heritage. You people don't seem to know what you come from; you come from the greatest of the Italian and Sicilian families from back home, yet you plead to common petty thieves to join your family? We run the largest underworld organizations in the country from Los Angeles to New York, and we drop to our knees for a Thug to join our ranks? It's disgraceful.

What's worse is that it works; if it didn't, no one would do it. So keep trading in that dignity for a few extra inactive members, it's not like it was worth much to start.

Report Post Tip

Coming out to visit whats creating such a kerfuffle on the streets at such a late hour he came out for a wander.  Wrapping his thick grey heavy duty wool Aquascutum coat around him to take off the night chills , he looks around as he sips at his coffee and meanders over.   The bags under his eyes show how has been one of them disturbed nights as he slowly came to a halt.

"I generally have a policy of only contacting those who have completed jobs for the legitimate sides of my business that have shown a predilection to possibly wanting to earn a bit more or that special glint of ambition in their eyes."

he pauses as he sips the coffee, watching the steam go up till it dissapears.

"I have had two people approach me since i took over the old University of Chicago campus, and one decided to join another district then suicide after  and the other i believe died to a durden"

tightening his coat a little he looks round

"I have asked my sponsors to follow certain standards but often personally work round talking to some based around the jobs they have done for my family to a range of responses form huh what to an engaging discussion and evening even if not gaining them as an associate"

sipping a drop more of the coffee he lets of a sigh

"If personally i find a sponsor is failing in their duties I would remove them as is purely a voluntary position and not one for everyone"

he pauses

"I however will not be offering piles of money to someone just to join my family when can pass it to a friend and fake a suicide or leave the crew and laugh at me"

Report Post Tip

It is an age thing. Not the way that we currently recruit but the acceptance of it being right. The newer to our shores you are the more you know no other way. That goes back to our falling standards in allowing it to happen. Granted this was to allow our world to grow. But much like the rank of Made Man becoming a rank that means nothing much to many the standards never went back to where they should be. New blood were never taught that whoring was wrong and it's got to the point people don't even know what it means.

It may work but if people saw the other side. How it used to work then I have no doubt that they would much prefer it and see the rewards. Unfortunately that isn't the easy route so would likely not be followed. Rightly or wrongly.

Report Post Tip

What's worse is that it works; if it didn't, no one would do it. So keep trading in that dignity for a few extra inactive members, it's not like it was worth much to start.

The problem with this is that most of those inactive members would have normally just quit and moved on from this life, realizing it wasn't for them. Who is to say there are not people out there who successfully recruit and keep these men and woman onto our shores who would have otherwise been swimming in the river?

As for the rest of this, I don't really have much to say, as I personally believe there can be a difference between whoring and recruiting as Hatchok has somewhat explained. Talking to people who have done jobs for you and responding in a manner that lets them know you're serious about helping them in this thing is no different than waiting for them to come to you; if anything, waiting for them to come to you is more of a slight to this thing of ours than going directly to them.

My biggest issue would be with sponsors (and possibly some leaders) who treat recruiting as if the objective is to merely bring people into their family and then forget they had ever existed. I think the question that should be posed is not "How do we eradicate whoring?" and rather "Why do crew leaders give people sponsor who clearly do not deserve it, and what could we do to help this sort of practice end?"

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Can you stop and think what you have just said Ham_Sammich? Cancer? Really? Do you want to retract that or are you happy to stand by it?

As for picking another world and reminiscence there. Thats what this world is/was. A reincarnation of a world we had thought we had lost. It has since moved forwards but why oh why should we lose it's core values? 

I am not arsed if anyone is new or old. I am not arsed who has come and who has gone. The principles and conduct of people within this world has dropped below a standard that should be deemed acceptable IMHO. It does take all sorts to make the world go round and everybody is different. Fact of the matter is this. You're in the Mafia. It's a very exclusive club that has rules, honour and respect. These simple thing keep our world organised. Otherwise what we are doing is nothing but crime. Petty Thieves running round doing whatever the fuck they want. Thats not good for business nor is losing people that hold these values dear because you view them as cancerous. Comparing anyone to a disease that causes such pain and suffering is frankly wrong. But also being happy to lose those people would see everyones experience lessened to a point where the entire experience becomes devalued.

Is that where we all really want to end up?

Oh, by the way:

My biggest issue would be with sponsors (and possibly some leaders) who treat recruiting as if the objective is to merely bring people into their family and then forget they had ever existed. I think the question that should be posed is not "How do we eradicate whoring?" and rather "Why do crew leaders give people sponsor who clearly do not deserve it, and what could we do to help this sort of practice end?"

Nail. Hit. Head.

Report Post Tip
I don't see or feel this as some sort of exclusive club as I have seen very few individuals not able to be a part of this thing of ours. Obviously things change in this world. Each and everyday we are faced with changes. You can either bitch and moan about the changes or adapt and keep on keeping on. For the hundreds of individuals that pick the bitch and moan option I have noticed that result in about nothing happening in their favor on a global scale. If you don't want to talk to these new comers fresh of the boat don't. That simple. Complaining about those that do approach them is ridiculous. It's not your crew so I don't see how it is any concern of yours. If you would like to make it a concern of yours become a godfather, take everyone out and put that in place. Other than that your just shit out of luck.
Report Post Tip
If you someone offering explainaction of their point of view is "bitching and moaning" then so be it. You'd be wrong though.

As for being shit out of luck. You'd be surprised at who has said they want change back to the old ways. Maybe I wont need to make Godfather to help make changes. Something people are very quick to assume incorrectly.
Report Post Tip
I agree with what is being said here actually i hate the fact we have to approach people this day in age. I know my message is up there but regardless i hate doing it. I wish that new members of this world of ours would change how they are and actually approach us as leaders not even to join but to get a feel for the family and then they are able to make that decision. But with that being said there are really new members that haven't had a past and wouldn't know the first thing of how to join a family so i think a mail to them isn't wrong at all..

CristianoRonaldo goes back to his daily business
Report Post Tip

But with that being said there are really new members that haven't had a past and wouldn't know the first thing of how to join a family so i think a mail to them isn't wrong at all..

Not to argue with you, Don Ronaldo, but the gods have provided a guided pathway (OOC: Tutorial) and a holy book of truths (OOC: Wiki) in order to provide the "first things" that they should know. I think the practice of mailing them is much older than these gifts from the gods, but I think it is a practice that can be removed. Otherwise, why would the gods veil newcomers' identities when they arrive on our shores? Clearly they want us to back off and allow them to explore our world at least for some time before they are affronted with offers, invites, and recruiting schemes. 

Report Post Tip

sometimes in truth though the amount of information to take in having just arriving on these shores are in abundance have you tried to go through it all and take it in? sometimes receiving this information in smaller chunks from a veteran with their own unique spin on it can be more helpful I've found but i think that may be more down to personal preference on learning, may that be stuck with your head in books or actively seeking help via the community.  

Report Post Tip

Aye i agree but i remember the first time i came to these shores so many moons ago, Some people don't like to read they just wanna get on with the game and start to progress. I do agree tho it has come to a point where we need to change the situation us as leaders, hands and associates maybe if things weren't so competitive trying to get new members we wouldn't have to send the mails out. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: The victim's step forward!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL