Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 03:32:02
Page:  1 
A New Force In An Old City Started by: Gravity on Nov 18, '14 06:37

Gulping the last remnants of my scotch, I look at myself in the slightly distant mirror and smile slightly. Placing the glass down on my desk, I slowly walk up to the mirror, smooth out the tip of my fringe and straighten up my tie. Amidst all the last minute touches to my appearance, a smartly dressed assistant walked into the room and deliberately caught my eye.

“They are all expecting you outside, Sir.”

Nodding my head, I turn to the mirror one last time, making sure everything is in place with regards to my appearance and nervously leave my office. Walking down the cold, marble floored corridor, I forcefully push open the big, black, iron gated doors, just to wince when the glaring sunlight hits my face.

Stepping out onto the streets, I look around and see a lot of familiar faces and esteemed guests from families that frequent our great cities. Trying my best not to be fazed by the arrival of all these important people, I allow my assistant to finish introducing me, and take a step forward whilst clearing my throat.

”Ladies and Gentlemen, as some of you may already have been informed via telegrams, I and the lovely Inertia, have been given the amazing opportunity to expand our own families in the great city of Philadelphia. As some of you may already be asking, ‘who is this person who has been gifted such a an amazing opportunity?’, well please let me elaborate slightly on my bloodline. Originating from the poor streets of Northern England, my ancestors sought a new life. On arrival to our United States, my family line intertwined their destinies with that of some of the best leaders that our lands have seen. These experiences have been thrust upon me and I hope to uphold the same high standards that they have set in the past.”

With a slight pause to allow people to talk amongst themselves, I move on to the next point of my small speech.

“Philadelphia, once a city that housed and were ruled by names that are uttered with the great legends of our history, has now been given a new lease of life. Far be it for me to mention our names with that of the late great leaders of Philadelphia, but I can assure you all that we will do our best to bring this city a new lease on life and enlighten those dark, Philadelphia streets, with the glow of success.”

“Last, but definitely not least, its with my utmost thanks to the Godfather council for allowing us this amazing opportunity. The Godfathers of today can sometimes take a verbal bashing by outraged people, but it’s often lost in translation that they also offer once in a lifetime opportunities, much like this is to me.”

“I thank you all for listening to this small speech of mine. Please, take all the time you want to enjoy the new Philadelphia. I bid you all a farewell.”

Bowing to the crowd, I walk back into the newly acquired building and allow my assistant to wrap up this public appearance.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $220,000 Tip

Morgoth heard his good friend Gravity had moved to Philadelphia and listen to his speech. He was bouncing up and down with enthusiasm.

''Exciting! I am sure you and Inertia can make Philly a lovely city once more! Best of luck to you both.''

Report Post Tip
Congratulations are in order Don Gravity! May your rule over the district of Olde City, Philadelphia be fruitful and prosperous! May your reign be filled with glories! May the Gods bathe you in blessings! MAY YOU DRINK THE BLOOD OF EVERY MAN, WOMAN, AND CHILD THAT STANDS IN YOUR WAY! HAIL Gravity and Hail Smith & Wesson!
Report Post Tip

Broly walks over to Gravity gives the newest district leader a firm handshake...

Im so happy to see that New Yorks neighbor city is finally in use, and to see you and Interia go there and take your own districts is even better news. You have both worked so hard in New York and have definitely both put in the time and effort to seize this amazing opportunity. Congratulations and I wish you both the best of luck.

This being said, I know you are only a few hour flight away but we will miss you around here. If you ever need some drink be sure to let me know ill send a special shipment over your way anytime its needed.

Take care.

Broly bakes off and watches and others come to congratulate Gravity and Interia.

Report Post Tip

FutureStealer steps forward and hands Gravity a cigar.

Congrats, my good friend.  This day has been long coming, and I look forward to see what you can do with your new district.  Make Manhattan proud :)

Report Post Tip

Ahhh Gravity the future king of Philly i see am happy to see you given this opprtunity to rebuild Philly which has been left empty for way to long crongrats my friend.

Report Post Tip

Elsa walks up to where Gravity was making a speech and listened.

Congratulations Gravity, you deserved it.  I look forward to seeing what your district can do.  I bet you and Inertia will make it alive again.  I'll definitely miss you being around, but I'll visit you as much as I can. You'll always make Manhattan proud wherever you are. 

She walks up and shakes Gravity's hand and hands him a bottle of whiskey. 

Report Post Tip

Frite listens quietly as she stands to the side. She waits for the speech to finish and gets in line.

She steps up to Gravity when her turn comes and she kisses him on the cheek.

May your future be brighter than ever, and may you bring a new life to that old city. I can't tell you how much I will miss you, but thankfully New York and Philadelphia are simply a quick ride away, so you should expect to spend some holidays with me still old man.

She hugs him, and hands him a cigar before stepping aside and making room for the throngs of others to see the man of the hour.

Report Post Tip

Maria felt a force pulling on her. When she stepped out into the streets, hoping to figure out the source of that feeling, she found her old friend Gravity announcing his upcoming move to Philadelphia. This was a fantastic surprise. Maria had long hoped to see life return to Philadelphia and she couldn't think of many people she was happier to see be given their own district than Gravity.

Pulling him into a celebratory hug, she spoke up.

Gravity, I'm delighted to see you be given this chance. Nobody better could've been chosen to bring Philadelphia back to it's former glories. I know you'll do an amazing job in the city and I can't wait to make Philadelphia a regular stop as I go about my business. You deserve this 110%.

And I got through this whole thing without saying ONE mean thing to you.

That's how happy I am about this!

Report Post Tip

The little grey Alien stepped out into the streets where the new Don of Philly was giving an introduction speech. He paused for a moment and pressed a cigarette to his lips while he listened to everyone congratulating the man. Bending over and striking a match on the pavement he pressed the fire to the end of his cigarette and immediately started inhaling the blue fog of smoke that his little Alien lungs craved so much.

Stepping up to Don Gravity, the little grey Alien looked upward and held out his hand.

Congratulations Don Gravity, you have been awarded a very high honor. I wish you and yours the best and offer my congratulations to you for this momentous achievement.

Report Post Tip
Gravity and Inertia I wish you all luck,and I know that you two will rebuilt PH,and give her old shine
Report Post Tip

"Revan won't be happy.

On a separate note, congratulations to you both. It's great to see Philly playing a role in our business ventures once more. As you had touched upon, some of the greatest names within our line of work have made it home and let's hope it adds two more to it's history books who can do it proud."

Achilles raises his whisky flask.

"Salute"

Report Post Tip

Congratulations. Notice the irony that I said Goku would bring balance to the force, and his son is with you!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A New Force In An Old City
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL