Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 12:15:34
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 
Godfather Council Rules & Regulations. Started by: Kyubey on Nov 18, '14 17:30

I have to admit, my first reaction to this speech was to feel some resistance to some of the changes. It sounds a little like micromanagement. But then I stopped to think about every change proposed. I realized that every single one of them is something that is to be expected of our members. So maybe I’m not too comfortable at first *forcing* tags on people, but after all we all do agree that it is better to have tags than not to have them. Also, many of us have complained too long that certain aspects of our world have deteriorated and we have let certain problems grow through inaction. This meeting addressed some key points and I am happy with the outcome.

--Then Abed turns silent and hears the rest of the comments and reactions to the speech and he catches a conversation about Made and above jumping ships--

Just to confirm a consequence of what you are saying godfather Kyubey, and I am obviously addressing anybody in the council, it is just that I heard it from Kyubey… Are you saying that there is no place for a member that hears about a plot to take an organization down and blows the whistle in exchange for a safe haven? Let’s say that a Capo in Saint Louis’s crew hears about the plan of attacking their allies in New York, New York being the ones that authed them in Saint Louis… well, I don’t need to bother too much with the details or this will not be as comprehensive as I want… Is there no possible circumstance where a Made Man may be looking out for a “greater good” outside of his own crew?

And Flan, sorry to address you directly, but in your own argument you said “Does he disobey his vows by staying alive and looking to avenge his family at a later date?” You just gave them a good reason to enforce this rule and indeed kill all Made Men since you say that they are only staying alive to plot revenge later on.

And of course, I don’t want to leave here before congratulating the fine people in Philly. I wish them the best of luck and prosperity.

Report Post Tip

Good morning sir Abed!

That is a good question really. If there is such thing as an unloyal Made Man, and in this day and age where OOC and friendships take priority to many, I guess it is very possible.

IF they attacking side had a rat, a leak, or a friend of sorts within a family willing to murder their own family, showing that they are traitorous and not trustable enough to live, they may do so, but with anything.. It will come with repercussions.

If a Made Man offered me information that would incriminate an enemy of mine from said Made Mans district and that information got his family killed, I would have the man killed as well. 

I do see your point however; but it begs the point of this. Are you loyal to your home of New York before the Saint Louis move, or are you loyal to the ones that just moved you?

I suppose it could be registered that if such a member went above and beyond their family and aided the Godfather that gave them their button it would be allowed. Very unlikely however.

Thank you for the good question Abed.

Report Post Tip
If say for instance, I have joined a family and find myself a made man. Then my leader says and does certain things that I do not agree with, but I am in no position to question him or advise him otherwise, or perhaps I have voiced my concerns and been ignored. And then I find out the same things I dont like and dissagree with have been picked up on by your family, who has decided to act against it. And I help you, perhaps I take a shot at one of them and help you take down the crew. But then you shoot me, even though I did it for the same reasons as you, for the same goal. Is that entierly justified?

I think if these situations arise, and you kill the men who tried to help, you might find that nobody is willing to step forward any more.. that the things you might normally be warned about would go unsaid, through fear of being killed.
If my leader was planning to take down your family, but you are a close friend of mine. And I dont agree at all with the reason for him wanting to take your family down...but I know that if I tell you, and help you..youll shoot me. What do I do? Keep quiet and let you die? Or tell you and have you shoot me ?

It leaves some people in a difficult position dont you think?
Report Post Tip

The Arrow heard the words from this Godfather. He smiled from ear to ear.

"I apologize for what I said before. My view on this new council may help more than I thought. I have a new view and I thank you for the time and notes of the your recent meeting."

Report Post Tip
As for the discussion about a made man being able to jump ships if he aids the aggressor in a war, I believe the said made man should not be spared.

Although I understand the argument about not agreeing with ones leader and threfor wanting out I just don't agree. Once you join a family your job is to stay loyal, and aid your boss in any way you can.

Don't like how your boss does business? Though luck. You should have investigated that before joining the family.

Just my two cents anyway.
Report Post Tip
How can you know your boss well before you join?
sponsors will tell you anything you want to hear to get you to join.
they will tell you the sun shines out of their ass
Report Post Tip

"You do your research well with the time slotted to you. Go into the streets and see what they have had to say, how they present themselves, how they do business. Ask around about them, their track record, their bloodline if need be. People have been afforded and abundance of time by the gods to do thorough research on the family they elect to give their lives to.

If they have made a hasty decision based on the bias promises of the first sponsor that approached them then that is their tough lesson to learn. They will no doubt note it down in journals and their next of kin won't be so stupid."

Report Post Tip
I'd barely been working for the family a few days, when I'd been called on the phone by Broly. He told me about the council, and that I had to be there. He mentioned that some rules were gonna be told and that we all needed to abide by them. I didn't care what the rules was. If Broly told me to murder the President, then I'd do it and set the White House on fire, for good measure.

"Let me know the address, fella, and I'll be there. Count on me eh?"

Couple of days later, I found myself with the rest of the guys, listening to the rules being laid down to us all. I listened intently, nodding away. I lit up a smoke and offered one to each man around me. I clapped at the end, with the rest of the guys, and flashed a smile. I turned to the fella stood next me.

"I'll die before I break these rules eh?"

I pulled a flask from my coat and took a drink from it. Moonshine always cut the throat of me. I passed the flask around.

These rules would be followed. That was a promise I made to myself, and to Broly. I shouted from the crowd.

"You got my backing, and my support fella!"
Report Post Tip
I really like this and am very glad you have came to the streets to inform all those out here. Sometimes rules like these get put in place and leaders are notified and crew members are left out of the picture. Or new crew members join and are oblivious to what the crew leader said last month or the crew leader doesn't do there part and post it up in the HQ for their members to see. Now there shall be no excuses.
Report Post Tip

Just like the other world from here, and exactly as Curtis said you do your research and get to know a bit about those before you go and join. Just as the crew you join prol want to know about you some.. not saying bloodline but enough to know how to support you in terms of if you need help in learning our way of life and so on.

It has happend to my grandmothers where they've landed up where they may not of been happy. And it has happend in the run I am in now where I have found the odd members not happy too.. but only when they have brought it to my attention. 

None of us are mind readers.. with most things communication is all that that is needed. Sure you can not go up to your leaders and say 'I freaking hate it here and you really suck!' but you can go up to them to chat.

Its what we, as crew leaders are here for too, when it comes to our members. I doubt any CL would want to be running their ship knowing someone isn't happy. From there you could find out it was just a simple misunderstanding. Its a two way street when forming relations within families. I know with myself I have had members stress to me if they were confused etc and I have always took my time to listen and engage in them. Then say something like look now we know lets give it x amount of time then see how you feel then and if its so we can talk further to find a solution. Of course this is always never the same outcome as it goes case by case. As a CL myself I know I have always had the view of I'd rather know and work with that member to find a solution where they and me can come out with a smile from it. 

This entrant is in relation to those pointing out about those who maybe in places they would rather not be. Why sit there if so? Why not just go for a chat.  

Report Post Tip

Matches Malone was wandering the streets, when he stumbled upon a crowd gathering around a large noticeboard. After reading the notice and listening in on what some of the people around him had to say, he decided to speak up.

I would like to say thank you to Kyubey for bringing this notice here for us all, as well as thank the Godfather Council for taking the time to install a nationwide code of conduct. These new policies make a lot of sense to me, and as a young Goomba who's still trying to learn the ways of this life, hearing them and some of the discussion they have raised has been very valuable to me.

Matches pauses for a moment before continuing.

Like many others here, it is the decision to no longer allow made guys and girls protection after a war that has me most excited. I know I would feel ashamed to be standing whilst my family were not. It is my opinion that if you take the oath, you must be loyal enough to follow your family to the grave. Trying to hide or seek refuge is just disrespectful to their memory. As for "living to fight another day," I believe it would be more a case of one living to fight shame every day.

A large toothy smile breaks out on Matches' face and he begins to talk about something different. 

I would also like to extend my congratulations to Don Gravity and Don Inertia! They must be great mafiosi to have achieved this position and I wish them and Philadelphia the best of luck in the future!

Report Post Tip

Nighthawk, reading through his mail on his desk, see's an urgent message from the Godfather Council. Without hesitation, Nighthawk opens up the envelope and reads the information not once, but twice. 

"I would like to thank the Godfather Council on this clarification to the masses. They have cleared up big issues that have been ever so present in the community in the last few weeks"

Reading about the Don Gravity and Don Inertia occupying Philadelphia

"I would also like to offer my congratulations to Don Gravity and Don Inertia on their respective moves to Philadelphia. As of recent, this has been a ghost town and I believe the Godfather Council have done a great job in identifying this"

Nighthawk pushes his mail onto the side of his desk and gets on with business for the day.

Report Post Tip

Since when does this world need rules?

Report Post Tip

rules separate us from the common drivel The_Geezah it defines organized crime and is generally "good" for business without rules we would be a bunch of thugs fighting over a mere nickel 

Report Post Tip

I would like to add one more piece of information to the initial board, but the board isn't big enough.. So I'll put it on the other side.

Associates

If an associate is from a family that is killed by war and they wear the tags to protect them and join a family that invited them and they don't feel as if that family would fit with them and vice versa, they will be allowed to transfer IF the associate is respectful, has paid all of their taxes and the new leader hasn't put anything into them. (Money, Bodyguards, Credits)

Communication will also be key here. If the new wise guy in my family pays taxes and sends me a mail saying he doesn't think he'll fit into my family well, I'll figure out where he would fit and get him transferred into a more fitting family.

If it is not war time, or any type of conflict, and an associate wants to leave your family (Not fitting in, doesn't feel like they'd be useful etc) They will be allowed to leave if the communication is there. Obviously, leader A (the associates current family) will have to talk to leader B and make sure everything is fine.

Who would want anyone in their family that doesn't want to be there? I certainly wouldn't. If the associate wants to leave for a better fit, why wouldn't any leader let them?

I define Associates as any man or woman who has not made their bones and is not a Made Man or higher.

Report Post Tip

If it is not war time, or any type of conflict, and an associate wants to leave your family (Not fitting in, doesn't feel like they'd be useful etc) They will be allowed to leave if the communication is there. Obviously, leader A (the associates current family) will have to talk to leader B and make sure everything is fine.

This is an interesting change. Having said that, there was nothing to stop leaders moving associates between crews  prior to this extra decision. Is this decision enforcing that crew leaders submit to their associate's wishes of leaving their family as long as they have been respectful and paid their taxes? 

If I was a crew leader and my associate respectfully asked me if they could join a different family, would I be punished if I shot him or her on the spot for trying to leave? 

Report Post Tip

Who are you to make the rules infidel Kyubey?

Report Post Tip

Indeed Utopia. Sometimes some leaders don't like losing members even if they're.. Well, useless. Anything for a number, right? Or that's how some look at it, whether they want to believe it or not.

This change was to prevent people who don't want to kill themselves to leave their family for whatever reason they had. (Didn't like their leader, didn't feel as if they would be needed, etc)

While I think it is up to the leader, if an associate who was incredibly respectful and paid their taxes and you haven't given them money or help with bodyguards, and they didn't think they'd be a good fit into the family, you would just shoot them for trying to find the "right" family?

I have not spoken to every member of our council yet regarding this, but I can assure you I would hope that such a thing wouldn't happen.

Report Post Tip

Protection orders have been long over done the theme of the change is good, however the made and above rule seems to only favor keeping those already in power there even longer as it will be harder for anyone to gain up the rank and gun to challenge them. Also, as a for instance, By the logic displayed here if someone kills my family leader and i'm made+, it also gives me nothing to loose putting a bullet in anyone I think deserving since I've got a death sentence hanging over my head anyway.

Report Post Tip

Godfather Kyubey. I wanted to personally thank you and shake your hand for this bit of awesomeness. It is truely refreshing to see a Godfather such as yourself bring rules like this to us. They have been a long time coming.

The little Alien stepped up to the great Godfather from New York and extended his hand.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Godfather Council Rules & Regulations.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL