Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 07:07:36
Page:  1 
A Mobster's Fear Started by: Mr_Crowley on Nov 20, '14 08:54

A cold wind blows over the streets of Savannah.  Leaves rustle across the silent pavement.  Very few people walk across the worn, and cracked concrete sidewalks.  The only unusual sound that is heard is the clicking of a wooden cane against the hard rough surface of the concrete.

Mr_Crowley comes walking up to the front of his strip joint, and turns and glances about.  He shrugs and sets his cane down and leans against the door jamp.

You know my father’s journals have always stated what he wanted to achieve within this live of ours.  He goes into great detail of how he wanted to get to that final destination

Mr_Crowley tilts his head to the side, and just stares out at the silence.

But the one thing he never really said is what he feared of what might happen if he didnt.  Like he was trying to keep from stating it.

Mr_Crowley straightens himself up and places his hands in his coat pockets.

My father’s father has made notes of peoples coming to the streets, and asked the masses what their goals, and dreams and hopes where….

I am not here to do that again.  What I am here is to ask the masses…

Mr_Crowley forms a wicked grin upon his face before continuing.

What are your fears within this thing of ours?   Is it the fear of death?

Sorry to tell you folks that’ll happen one day or another.  It’ll either be two taps to the back of the head, or you’ll just roll over in your sleep never to wake again.

Could it be the fear of being broke?  Or  Could it being alone in this world to depend on?

Mr_Crowley pulls out a rolled cigarette, and puts it in his mouth and lights it.  He takes a long slow pull of it before taking it out.

Let’s be honest.  Everybody has a fear of some sort, but what I want to talk about is what you fear about this thing of ours.  

Then with those fears,  How do you manage to turn that into a great motivator?  How do you turn your fear from a potential weakness, and make it a great tool to help you achieve your goals and dreams.

Mr_Crowley takes a long drag of that cigarette, and then throws what’s left down and puts it out with the heel of his shoe.

Well, speak up, or are you scared?

Report Post Tip

Sal thought a bit before answering...

There is not much that I fear in this life, including death, but...

I do fear losing family and friends that I hold dear. I use this to motivate Myself to do everything I possibly can to protect them, and that in turn keeps Me going.

Report Post Tip

Arthas hears this and, after a short thought says

"My father was careless. He did not think before he acted most of the time. He had no fears or cares in this world. I am convinced he died a lonely bitter man. I do not intend to go that way. And my biggest fear is that I end up just like him. But I use this thought to motivate me into being what he could not".

Report Post Tip

Many people thought TinyTina was fearless. That she was the most bravest person on the whole entire planet. That was untrue. She had one fear. One single blow your mind fear. It wasn’t a fear that came from something, an incident that happened in her life or an unproper upbringing. She actually had a very “normal” childhood, well, up to the age of five. That’s when she ran away from home and became a great arms dealer. That was for another time though. 

It must have come from a past life. Tina swore up and down and around the corner that she had been reincarnated from a wise and great mafia boss. How else could she explain her natural talent at being absolutely the best criminal ever. It was reincarnation. Tina didn’t like to think this fear, but listening to Mr_Crowley, she couldn’t help it.

Sure, she could cover her ears with her mittened hands. She could hail down a cab and skip town until she felt better. When Mr. Crowley finished a tiny voice spoke from within the crowd that had formed. Tina looked around herself, looking for the voice. Vodquila the vampire stood to her left. She smiled up at him. Her bestest friend was a vampire so that’s how she knew that her one fear was a true fear. She wasn’t scared of the guy that had mad bloodlust to be her friend.

Tina remembered what she was doing and she whispered up to the Vodquila. He had impeccable hearing thanks to his vampirism. He simply looked at her and pointed. To her. At her. The voice had come from her. She must have been in a trance. The mob boss she had been in a past life must have abducted her for a moment. His ghost must have still been knocking around in her brain and now, speaking through her mouth. Using her voice. Tina stepped forward.

I fear….

It was either now or never. Now or never. Now or never.

I fear….cupcakes…..

Tina looked down at her feat. Today she was a chicken. Just as she was about to say it. To admit her fear out loud a thought came rushing at her. Pliers under her finger nails, pulling the nail up and ripping it out. A man with a mask on demanding her to tell him what she knew. No, it wasn’t her, but it was her. The body was different. Tina was haunted by memories that weren’t hers. 

I fear an enemy baking me a dozen pink and delicious cupcakes full of poison. I fear cupcakes! 

She shifted her eyes around the crowd and then found Vodquila. 

Excuse me. I must be leaving now before my vampire friend sucks all your blood dry. 

Report Post Tip

Shay stood listening to Mr_Crowley, a whirlwind of thoughts spinning wildly in her brain as the question tumble about...nervously she bit at her full lower lip while tapered fingers twirled a lock of raven curls...as she lifted a fan of midnight lashes, deep soulful dark eyes peered seriously to him that asked the question before she spoke...

Let’s be honest.  Everybody has a fear of some sort, but what I want to talk about is what you fear about this thing of ours.

She swallowed the lump that formed in her throat before trying to speak...her words barely above a whisper ...

what i fear more than anything is failure ...failing my family and loved ones....putting them in harm's way or disappointing them in some way ... 

her dark eyes lowered again before speaking ..the tips of slender fingers clutching at the hem of her skirt...

Then with those fears,  How do you manage to turn that into a great motivator?  How do you turn your fear from a potential weakness, and make it a great tool to help you achieve your goals and dreams.

so with that in mind, i strive each day to grow ...to become better and stronger and smarter than i was yesterday ...to push myself just a bit farther, everyday that i have opened my eyes and have been given the chance to make them proud.

Report Post Tip

I think I hold the same fear as many that when the end comes is due to to one of my own turning away from the rules set before them.  We often see rogues, rulebreakers an those with grudges who only care about their selfish needs.  My biggest fear is one day is that sort of person will be one to bring me down.

Report Post Tip

Blonde locks blowing gently in the wind, listening as the discussion of fear began. I listened to what the others have said. Thinking about my own response, my sparkling hazel orbs look up from the cracked sidewalk.

"I have a few, but the biggest is probably just like Shay had said..failing." I feel my heel get stuck in some gum on the sidewalk...thinking damnit, that is gonna take some work to get that off, and I just bought these damn shoes. I hang around a bit waiting to see what other people say, if there was going to be anyone else to answer the posed questions about fear. Thinking also of the likes of people who would use people's fears against them.

"Nothing to fear but fear itself".. I heard that somewhere, but not sure where....I wonder how much truth there is to that, and are all these so called fears really nothing to fear..shrugs.. who really knows........

Report Post Tip
I have quite a few fears similar to ones already discussed. Fear of letting people down, fear of friends dying. But my biggest fear and what drives me in this thing of ours is "Will I be remembered" and if so "How."

What are we when life ends but our legacy, the memories of us in people's minds, the stories of our victorys and defeats and how we faced up to them.

Fear of being forgotten is a strong fear but it can drive you to think about every action you take, for it could it be the action you are remembered for.
Report Post Tip
My greatest fear in this thing of ours is losing friends and becoming disconnected with old friends and acquaintances. Letting people down is a close second but is quite hard not to do once you have been around and met a lot of people you are bound to let some of your friends down with the actions we take in our day to day lives.
Report Post Tip

Mr_Crowley listens to the small crowd that has gathered, and nods to each one of them.  He looks over at each individual person who's spoken and then grins.

There is not much that I fear in this life, including death, but...

I do fear losing family and friends that I hold dear. I use this to motivate Myself to do everything I possibly can to protect them, and that in turn keeps Me going.

Mr_Crowley turns to Sal, and nods as he listens to his own man's words.

Yes, losing those that you hold close is something that I think many of us fear the most of all in this thing of ours.  But Sal you are a strong man, and you will do what it takes to keep those fears kept hidden away.

Mr_Crowley hears a voice he's not familiar with,and narrows his eyes on the young man from Chicago

"My father was careless. He did not think before he acted most of the time. He had no fears or cares in this world. I am convinced he died a lonely bitter man. I do not intend to go that way. And my biggest fear is that I end up just like him. But I use this thought to motivate me into being what he could not".

That is a new thing to hear.  As many of the great Mobster's of our era are gunned down, or even some of the most powerful of us have decided that being bitter, lonely, and to not become what the fear. 

For example look at Former Godfather JakeLuciano.  He left the City of Chicago to those he most trusted, and when the cracks formed.  Now this has been speculated several times I bet.  I bet he feared that what he had built would crumble around him. I bet that fear led him to sit silently in that office of his, and pull the trigger.

Mr_Crowley shrugs as he leans on his cane and chuckles.

But again what do I know?  Its only speculation.

Mr_Crowley continues to listen to those that gathered.  Two more of his close members, and an old colleague speak ups, but one man he listens to catches his interests and listens closely.

I have quite a few fears similar to ones already discussed. Fear of letting people down, fear of friends dying. But my biggest fear and what drives me in this thing of ours is "Will I be remembered" and if so "How."

What are we when life ends but our legacy, the memories of us in people's minds, the stories of our victorys and defeats and how we faced up to them.

Fear of being forgotten is a strong fear but it can drive you to think about every action you take, for it could it be the action you are remembered for.

Ah, now that is a man after my own fears.  Yes a fear of being forgotten.  A fear of well feeling like you've accomplished NOTHING thin this thing of ours.  Maybe the recent rogues had that fear in them.  The fear of growing old and feeling like the accomplished nothing.  Feeling like they would fade away as just another name, and another body that has to be buried that nobody will remember a week later.

Mr_Crowley stands up and tucks his cane under his left arm, and clears his throat as he addresses the crowd.

Well its nice to see that some of us would be willing to come out and voice our fears.  Everybody knows if you know your enemies fears you can use it against them, but if you are strong willed, and know how to turn that fear into a motivation then you have nothing to fear, but fear it self..

Mr_Crowley turns to the shadows, and grins as he knows some people are lurking.

Report Post Tip

Shivering a lil bit as the chill blows the wind a lil bit colder.. wrapping my arms around me a lil bit tighter. I wonder who is lurking and heard everything that was said. I know it is so true the enemies will use whatever they can against you. I was unfamiliar with Flan, but I knew everyone else...when Afghan spoke, I remembered , well at least I thought, he was scared of snakes.

Giggling a lil bit, as no one mentioned any critters, and it was a bit sweet with what some had said. That is something to be said.. as it is not the easiest to open up about things like fears and such, making yourself vulnerable to anyone who hears it. It is an interesting subject, and one not everyone is willing to speak of. It seems in this life we have there really isn't room for fear about things like dying, especially for your crew.

Report Post Tip

I felt like I was invisible yet I dared not speak my mind. I took the last drag of my smoke before throwing the butt somewhere. hearing all these cold blooded killers talk about their fears was like a cold bullet into my brain. made me wonder though. this might be the first time I'm actually right!

My greatest fear in life is fearing an illusion. fear of something that isn't really there or happening and might not ever happen.

This has been holding me back my entire life. damn this fear! I want it gone.

Report Post Tip

Cyanide was exploring Savannah,Bored. But she saw a small crowd of people gathering around Mr_Crowley,Stating their worst fears.

She looked up and slowly started to talk,Her voice was fairly quiet too.

My worst fear is failing my friends and family and not being good enough.

Report Post Tip

Still hanging around.. I see others coming around, some I haven't met before, from other families...Listening to what people have said... we are different people, and yet we have some of the same fears as the next person. I guess that makes us all connected, whether we want to be or not. I suppose we all have the fears, whether we want to admit it or not as well.

Maybe it is what we choose to do with those fears, whether we ignore them or let them lead us into making other choices, good or bad. Fears do make people vulnerable. You never know if the next person who hears them will use them against you, or admit to some of their own, making a human connection. 

​That makes us mobsters human too... not just monsters. I know we can't let our guard down .. or else someone would use that to their advantage most likely. We are similar, yet different. I hang around more, observe, and listen as others still come.....

Report Post Tip

Patton in his dress blues, medals and boots shining, he approaches MrCrowley and smiles, Patton snaps to attention then at eases. 

A lot can be said about fear, but fear my friend is what keeps you alive. I have been involved in numerous wars where the feeling of fear is the norm. However in that state of mind you do not fear death,

Patton pauses, he straightens up and continues

You start to think of your family, I heard Sal say it best "I do fear losing family and friends that I hold dear. I use this to motivate Myself to do everything I possibly can to protect them, and that in turn keeps Me going" and that is exactly why fear is a good thing, it lets you now your not dead yet, it helps you push forward. To wrap it all up fear is a good thing, I welcome it and embrace it, cause when I "fear" it makes me want to be better so I don't die. In my mind this makes sense don't know if anyone can see what I mean

Patton laughs, snaps to attention saluting MrCrowley and others for coming forward and talking about something so personal.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Mobster's Fear
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL