Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 12:03:40
Page:  1 
Planeswalking in The Loop Started by: Ajani on Nov 23, '14 00:03

The wind howled outside his window and rattled his shutters; Even first thing in the morning the wind in Chicago blew at full force; Times had been tough for The Loop lately but we had endured and persevered. 

It had all seemed like a dream, a bad dream, that had happened so fast. One minute Ajani had found himself as Don Ironsight's hand, then had loyally served Jono for a time and finally had been given the blessing to run his own crew. 

Mako's untimely death, God rest his Soul, left The Loop in a hectic, unorganized state but Don -Draven-  had risen to the challenge, successfully challenging the mute, for all we know dead already, Godfather; She worked hard, led and had more than earned her positron as the Godfather of The Loop.  However, after a series of unfortunate events, she too had fallen suddenly and unexpectedly when the wheels on The Loop had finally begun to grab traction and begin to roll themselves into a stable state of affairs. 

Back at square one, looking for leadership to help mend all the cracks and pieces together the 3 remaining leaders in The Loop discussed what was best for The Loop; They looked up to Ajani and encouraged him to rise up and challenge the old man.

Ajani rolled over in his bed and took a deep breath.  His heavy heart still mourned Mako, Ironsight, Jono and of course, the most recent blow, -Draven-.  This was however, no time to dwell on the past and cower behind emotions.  He reminded himself he would never forget them and jumped out of bed, putting the thought to the back of his mind.  Throwing on his finest tailored suit for the "meeting" to come with the old man, he signaled to his body guard Elspeth to bring the Buick out front; After a short ride they ended up outside the old man who had assumed operations of the district once again in this time of uncertainty.  Ajani told his body guards he wanted to do this alone and leave him to it, entering the mansion he walked up the ivory coloured marble stairs; Finding a doorway at the top he pushed the two, heavy red, oak crafted, doors open. As they caught the sunlight shining in through the enormous bay windows behind the desk the finish made them shimmer like the early morning sun reflecting off a pond.  Walking cautiously, he entered the room.

Inside the room sat the old man smoking a cigar, counting money.  Chuckling and throwing Ajani a wry smile he  began to explain something unexpected.

I knew you would be coming for me kid, I have been sat here for too long.  To be honest with kid, my bones, they are old, they ache.  Do what you need to do kid, I know I can beg for my life, but that's not the way kid, capiche?

As Ajani began to nod in agreement he caught sight of the old man reaching for something, something he couldn't see, something under the desk.

Luckily, justifying her choice as the person "watching out", Elspeth was watching through the window from outside.  The silhouettes of their shadows cast on the blinds of the huge window struggled back and forth like a dance of some sort.  One Elspeth knew was a dance to the death.  Moment's later there was a muzzled flash that flickered through the cracks of the window.

The small crowd that had gathered outside the dingy residence gasped, they were smart guys, they knew who had been hiding in the shadows amongst them, trying to avoid the inevitable....

Ajani exited the front door with dried specks of blood on his suit.  He nodded to Elspeth, It was done.  He turned to the small crowd alerted by the shots and, pulling a hip flask out of his jacket pocket and taking an enormous mouthful declared:

I want to thank everyone who made this day possible.   The list would be way too long if I included and I would surely miss names if I tried to list them all.  I am glad I have the support of so many people from here, in a place I have always considered home as my bloodline has rich with history in Chicago.  I look forward to putting the pieces back together here in The Loop after a string of tragic events.  My goal is to get it back to where it was and not Let Mako or -Draven- down.  I am very pleased to be working with all of Chicago and the time to come as I have a great deal of respect for the leaders we have here.  Tish and Kelly_Kapowski thank you for standing strong in our time of need and I will not let you down.  I am proud to have you both here to work by my side. Louis-Man you are the only one I can think of who can take care of our family.   You have more then earned your shot at being a leader, now here is your chance.   Enjoy it and show the world what you I know you can do.

Report Post Tip

Congrats Boss 

I'm looking forward to see the Loop grow with you as Godfather and I wish you all the best on the way 

Report Post Tip

A very big congratulations to you Mr GF Ajani!!, Im sure that you will do very well in leading The Loop to a much better future:D

Report Post Tip

"Many, many congratulations to you Ajani! You deserve Godfather, and the title suits you anyways!!!"

Rossa walks over to give Ajani a quick congratulatory hug, then walks back into the crowd of people.

Report Post Tip

Congrats Ajani!

Report Post Tip

"Congrats Godfather Ajani, I look forward to helping you build and grow The loop." 

"Thank you for all you have done for me in our time together. And I look forward serving you and The Loop Chicago."

Report Post Tip

Congratulations on your promotion Ajani, wish you the best of luck on this new journey.

Report Post Tip

looking on he walked out into the crowd, a solemn look on his face as he ventured forward slowly and cautiously.   Looking on he smiled gently as he looked upward.

"After the tragedy of the beloved Godmother -Draven- I am sure we all looked forward to The Loop growing further even in her absence.  I wish you every success and hope that with your ascension we will see the further growth of The Loop and Chicago"

Pausing he sipped some water as looked on

"I look forward to our future dealings"

Nodding, he turned and returned to the business districts for a day of meetings with Mr Rum.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations GF AJani.  Can't wait to see all the things you can do again.  Wish you and the rest of the Loop the best of luck.

Congratulation to Loui as well.

​Elsa throw confetti and goes back to celebrating

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Godfather Ajani. I know you as a hard working, friendly and just man. I am sure you will lead The Loop very well. I look forward to seeing all the great things I know you can and will do.

Report Post Tip

TinyTina stood next to Vodquila the Vampire as they waited their turn to congratulate their new Godfather Ajani. It was nice to see The Loop on it’s feet after such…tragedy. And not tragedy like that time Vodquila took out almost a whole orphanage when he went on his second to last blood lust binge, but, like, actually tragic. It was like The Loop was in some sort of star crossed lovers play. No, it wasn’t. Tina’s inner dialogue was confused. Half the things she said to herself have the time she thought to herself didn’t make sense. The Loop had no secret lover! The Loop loved all it’s people equally. At least that’s what Tina told herself every night she had Vodquila tuck her into bed. After she said goodnight to all her imaginary friends and to the moon, she said goodnight to The Loop. She had a sneaking suspicion that The Loop loved it’s Godfather the best, but that was okay with Tina. 

Tina clapped with the others as new and true Godfather Ajani finished his speech. She elbowed Vodquila in one of his lower ribs so he’d stop falling asleep on the job and clap as well. Loffy stepped forward first, then TIIYAH. Yeah TIIYAH!! You go gurl. Tina said to herself as TIIIYAH wished her new Godfather a congratulations. Next, Morte_Rossa stepped forward and gave Ajani a hug. Tina wipped her brow and exhaled, she had been worried that she would have been the one to hug Ajani. Tina hadn’t bathed in a few and smelt a bit….well, not too fresh. Tina noticed Don Tish in the crowd who shouted out her congratulations to their new Godfather. Louis-Man was there….so was Vodquila’s elbow in her neck. What was he doing! 

What are you doing??

She asked in a snide whisper. 

“You have something on your….”

He trailed off and moved his thumb over his own cheek. Tina did the same, not to Vodquila, he was much taller than her and he would need to crouch down, but to herself. When she pulled her finger away it was red. Blood. Tina put her thumb in her mouth and then back to her cheek, rubbing the blood off. Besides being absolutely not giving any fucks about being nasty ass dirty, Tina also kept herself uncleanness so Vodquila didn’t get any ideas. The more she stunk the more he didn’t want to bite her. She looked back up at Vodquila with an eye brow raised which meant ‘hey is my face clean friend?’ He nodded yes in return. Alright! It was time to get down to business.

Congratulations Godfather Ajani! It seems like it was just last night that I was here telling Godfather -Draven- the same thing. The good die young. 

Tina did some sort of weird pointing at her forehead and down to each of her shoulders and then to the bottom of her foot for good measure. She had seen old ladies do it when someone mentioned someone else that died. A prayer? Tina didn’t know.

I don’t want my congratulations to be a sad one! This is a fabulously wonderful celebration! 

Tina showed all her teeth as she smiled.

With you as our greatestest Godfather, The Loop will only thrive! 

Report Post Tip

It is true Godfather Ajani that we have lost greatly here in The Loop. Leader after Leader has been taken from us from one accident or another. However, I know in your capable hands we will succeed. I look forward to working under you, knowing that you have what it takes to make it in this great big world of ours.

Report Post Tip

Curtis arrived at the scene a little late. An unprecedented week in his private life had kept him away from business and family matters and left him exhausted. He had heard murmurs of activities across the country and was delighted to see The Loop now under the control of Ajani. He walked up and respectfully shook the new Godfather's hand.

"Congratulations Godfather. I am most pleased to see you take this position. Although you and I have had no direct dealings, I am in constant contact with your right hand and his unerring respect for you answers any question I could ever raise about you or your capability. I wish you all the very best for a long and prosperous future here in Chicago."

Handing Ajani a bottle of finest absinthe from the NY tipping point shipments, he smiled and wandered off to find Hubert for a drink. 

Report Post Tip
Ajani bro I know I am new to this game but you and I have kicked off a pretty cool little friendship you are legit and I know I wassent here to see all you did to achieve the spot your at but I know you deserve it and always will I love that name XD me and you love magic keep it up you planswaker u :)

Sincerely your bud
B
Report Post Tip

Godfather Ajani, brother we go back years. I am trilled to see you take the role of Godfather in The Loop. I know for a fact that you will lead The Loop into nothing but success! I want to congratulate you sir to very long prosperous life. 

As I raise this glass of champagne to you sir. Salute to you and your Forts!

RAWR!!

As Visi smiles and hands Ajani the best cigars money can buy.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Planeswalking in The Loop
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL