Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 12:27:36
Page:  1 
Does the Mafia Fear TylerDurden? Started by: Batiatus on Dec 02, '14 10:21

Whose fucking seed must I swallow to see my status elevated to that of a Made fucking Man???  Presumably that which spills from the cock attached to Don Gravity, the same one that pisses on me with insult. I fear this has become a game... a fucking JEST! Don Gravity makes mockery of good Batiatus, finding delight in my humiliation as I sit in exile with the other shit-eating associates. My ass grows weary from the constant ramming, however Don Gravity finds amusement in my despair, and such is my station. Sigh.

But I digress from fucking point!

Once again, the Durden clan ascends upon us from the City of Delaware, and the underworld takes to arms to fight them. Their soldiers fall, followed by RobertPaulson, then that cunt whore MarlaSinger. Yet in the light of a new day, when time comes to see TylerDurden to the afterlife, weapons are suddenly yielded with caution. No longer do men seek the glory of killing TylerDurden as they once did. Why? The masses are filled with question, and good Batitatus of the House of Batiatus honors them with fucking theory!

No longer is it fashionable to yield such firepower while those who sit in power are watching. To do so would only serve to place target on one's good self. The masses need look no further than the legend of Don Visas for fucking example, a powerful warrior with many TylerDurden pelt displayed as trophy, a gladiator so fiercely feared that certain people of prominence cut down one of their own just to see him meet his demise. Even the late Godfather Draven handed down request to her own soldiers not to shoot at TylerDurden OR his Right in Left Hand, in FEAR of drawing such attention to her own district. A poor example perhaps, as she was later slain unmercifully for reasons that will remain unexplained. Has the day passed where soldiers race to seek glory in defeating TylerDurden? Is to do so unwise? I open discussion to the masses, to dispute or agree as their tongues see fit.  Hail Batiatus.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $240,000 Tip

I won't pretend to know the desires of another's heart or the designs of another's brain. I also won't pretend to have heard every word of your eloquent speech Batiatus. After a certain threshold of ass ramming I tend to lose focus on spoken words and tend to concentrate on clenching of ass for protection. 

However, I will provide another question in response. If a man is afraid to act on a desire due to the way in which he might be perceived by others as a result, is that man not already dead?

Would you not be far better off doing what you believed was right, doing as you felt you should regardless of the fear it might induce in others? We can't control paranoia, we can't control optics, we can't control the world as it is viewed in the minds of others as it is but a figment of their imaginations. If we start to base our actions on what we think might be the thoughts of others, is this really a world where the worst thing that can happen to us is death or are we now living in a world where we have already sunk well below the depths of hell? 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Once again, the Durden clan ascends upon us from the City of Delaware, and the underworld takes to arms to fight them. Their soldiers fall, followed by RobertPaulson, then that cunt whore MarlaSinger. Yet in the light of a new day, when time comes to see TylerDurden to the afterlife, weapons are suddenly yielded with caution. No longer do men seek the glory of killing TylerDurden as they once did. Why?

"There could be a few reasons behind not as many people actively hunting tyler himself for glory. One being that some are afraid Because it shows they are expert marksmen which puts eyes on them good and bad. Another could be that they fear the powers that have been or be that if they display such marksmanship that they will inevitably paint a target on their back as you have said. Or sometimes it can be as simple as they are not fond of hunting such big game for fear of dying midst the hunt. Now i cannot say these reasons speak for everyone or anyone as these reasons are mere speculation at best."

DrJackal puffs his cigar after saying his piece and steps aside for someone else to say theirs.

Although i understand the theory for avoiding such a target, i find it to a degree unnecessary.  Many people will fear a person with the high rank, or be paranoid about a title or a size of a district and not just the level of hitters but the amount of them too.   As much as that one person or few harder working hitters can avoid detection, sooner or later other witnesses will catch up on them.  Hitters always leave a trail as much as they try and avoid it.

Is there a risk of hitting the top three for those unsure of their gun and the top three's defense of course, but on random occasions i have seen earners and goombas authed to shoot at Tyler in a suicidal act of craziness.  Should we next wonder why people would be willing to chase rogue? we see how is announced when someone hits rogue, why are they paranoid about shooting a big three, yet happy to shoot rogue 100 times? is an interesting thing.

The truth is some hitters will be more nervy then others, some will want to prove themselves, others just not fast enough in the race and others will always want to hide out of paranoia.  The hard part is separating the hitters into categories sometimes.

Ted notices a small group of people talking, the wise and eloquent Batiatus leading their discussion of sorts, there are so many people discussing in fact that poor Ted cannot find a way into the middle of the scene-- and so an idea forms in his brilliant mind. Grabbing hold of a tree he begins the steep climb as more and more people enter into the fray of conversation. Once he has finally met the top, he lets out a loud bellow as everyone turns around to see what had transpired to deem such a yelp.

"HELLO, FRIENDS. IT IS I, TED! I TOO HAVE AN OPINION ON THIS MATTER, BUT FIRST I SHOU-"

Before he can finish his sentence he hears a snap. That's all it takes. Funny how the difference from being at the top and eating a face full of dirt is such a small unsuspecting twig. Once he regained his composure, Ted walked nonchalantly over to the people who were now somewhat paying attention to him, mostly to see if he had died or not. Whatever the reason, all eyes were on him for the moment and he had fully planned to take advantage of such a rarity.

"Why would the Mafia not fear the man we call Tyler? We think we have him dead at every turn, and yet like a creature from hell he and his henchmen return for more. Yet fear, fear is not the correct word for this feeling, I don't think. Wariness, perhaps. For while his lessers are easily mowed down with little to no effort, the actual man himself has seemingly practiced for years at the art of bullet-dodging, and he returns fire with no refrain. Surely this is startling to some, but there are many men and women who still happily take the shot, even though they know fully well it will never be the last."

After saying his piece he feels the lump now forming on the back of his head and waddles his way from the conversation, but not before noticing Tyler from the corner of his eye; or perhaps it was just a random person? Who is to really say...

How dare that Batiatus show his face in public. TinyTina had been certain the the lowly wise guy would have tucked his tail between his legs and hid into the shadows for at least a week after she had presented such a wonderful dress to Kelly angel. The dress Tina had crafted was a double rainbow compared to whatever trash Balistic had attempted to push off on her boss. No. It seemed this wasn’t going to go Tina’s way. Fine. FINE. She was a creative little girl scout and would find a much greater devastating blow to this bare legged gladiator. With that idea set in motion, Tina sighed and started listening to Batiatus. 

I personally think DrJackal is onto something here. Maybe two things, depending on what personality he’ll share with us. For now, one thing. 

Wolves. 

As soon as TylerDurden and his men and ladies of merriness get off their flight from Delaware….is that even a real place? Anyway, as soon as they make themselves known everyone is on the attack. Think of the members of the Delawarians as elks or caribous and us as the wolves. The wolves locate the elks, they stalk, they encounter, they rush and chase and finally, FINALLY, they mangle. Wolves nip at the legs, they bite at the beast and bring it to the ground. Us mobsters, we pull out our guns and pop a sucker in the face or chest, personal preference on that one depending how much blood splatter you’d like on oneself. 

All the wolves…mobsters run around like it’s Chirstmas morning, ripping open all these Durden gang fellows. This continues until everyone is dead expect the last three. Paulson, Marla, Tyler. Paulson, Marla, Tyler. Paulson. Paulson.

Tina twitched.

Sorry about that, Paulson once took me out for drinks but never called me back. 

This fantastic threesome is a bit untouchable to most. A fantasy one dreams about while laying in bed each night. First someone has to take out Paulson. Easy, he’s easy. Then Marla. Don’t be intimidated by the way she shakes her hips as she walks, she’s harder to mount than Paulson, but not as difficult as Tyler. Next, at the top of the chain is Tyler. The one and only.  He’s left for the best of the best. He’s left for the leader of the pack. The alpha wolf! If you aren’t alpha wolf you just don’t have any business with Tyler. No business giving him your number, asking him out for drinks Saturday night and no business excitedly loading your gun and shooting him in the chest. 

It’s a way of order. If you step out of order and show off your big guns, you’re basically putting a nice big spot light onto yourself and saying yes you will be a made man one day.

Tina looked over at Batiatus and muttered fat chance under her breath. Before returning to the crowd she slid her pointer finger across her neck and shot Batiatus her best serial killer glare. 

If you aren’t the big guy on top of  the world and you kill Tyler you’re giving the nod that says “Hey, yeah, I stole your kill. I ate the best of all the meats inside that elk. I’ll see you around partner.” Sure, this makes the ladies swoon, but does someone really want to put themselves out there like that? From an outsider’s view of the glass house of Delewarians, it may seem like fear, but is it just being smart?

Report Post Tip

Blessings to those who have honored the storied House of Batiatus with your voice on this matter, even vile serpent-woman TinyTina whose venomous insults are also accompanied by words of wisdom. Yet I would stand in agreement with good Satanta. Where is the glory in hiding in the shadows like a commoner?  In the end, we all meet our ultimate fate in the arena. Should we not spend our existences here seeking and claiming victories?  Be it on the sands of Delaware City or beyond?  We live in a world where paranoia can dictate the actions of an enemy, but can also cripple a man with fear, making him too afraid to achieve beyond the status quo.  To the masses, I say seize opportunity by the balls and let lesser men stand holding cock.  Hail Batiatus.

Batiatus you no longer sound anything like Batiatus. Shits getting old lad, drop it and start something new for your own sake. Also on another note, change your suit and wear the ones I offer you. I grow tired of your wailing against my commands.
Report Post Tip

TinyTina had stuck around to see if Bath Salts would make another appearance she she would be able to sling another round or two of insults at him. She clapped as he stepped from the crowd to give his replies and just as Tina was about to open her mouth to start her parade of malicious, verbal intent some kid started yapping away. She had heard talks of him other places, he went by the name Pistone and now he was butting ahead of her in the line of insulting Batiatus. He wasn't even doing a good job at it either. Tina turned towards the man...child...cripple.

Pistone are you upset your mother won't go on dates with you anymore? No more movies and milkshakes with mama dearest. Well we don't give a damn! Take your trickle of words and tears and find some other street corner to talk on. 

TinyTina gave him her best smile, showing all her teeth. She shoo'd him away with her hands.

As for you Gladiator B, another time. Something around here smells and it's not me. Probably that Piss One. I wonder if that's where he got the name - if he enjoys the golden showers. 

As far as I have noticed mr Durden's business was never a trouble for mine. And his death, brings me no profit. There is no reward on his head, so why should someone want him dead? If I see anyone of his associates in my district trying to make money behind my back,I will shoot him. But my problem is the thugs, not the crew leader. But if the leader wants to stand in the way, of course...

As for now, me personally I don't fear Tyler, and thus I don't have to make the first move against him. But if he tries to make a move on me, or anyone from my family, then of course this would be a problem, and problems need to be solved fast.

Report Post Tip

Deadly pulls out his ancestor's handheld cannon, firing four shots in quick succession into the chest of the nearest member of TylerDurden's family. He lifts the gun upward and blows the smoke coming from the end of it. Quite a masterpiece, this gun. He instinctively reached inside his jacket to it's inner pocket to grab a cigarette, and then remembered he had quit. He was so used to smoking after he emptied his gun, it would take him a while to get used to this. He heard a group of people approaching, clearly with Delaware accents. He wasn't ready to kill anymore, he needed time to reload his gun and get the heat off. He slinked away down an alleyway and finds himself in the middle of some people having a debate on TylerDurden and whether or not people are scared of him.

"You know, there's an entry in the journal I recently acquired about showing your strength and about the right times to hide your strength also. But you don't wanna hear that, there's a time and place for me to read my journal and it's not on this street corner. I will however hypothesize on a few things from my own personal thoughts."

Deadly takes a deep breath in, giving up smoking was hard, but he knew he would be better for it in the long run.

"There are a few things that must be considered when thinking about the subject of TylerDurden, and by extension showing your strength. Actions must be weighed and carefully considered, because we would be fools to think that people don't pay attention to us. However let me begin by answering your question from my personal perspective. Do I fear TylerDurden? Well, yes and no. No because I will quite happily sit and kill off his whole damn crew and I know he's one of those leaders that doesn't care if his members die. I know I'm in no danger from him or his hands and even if I somehow fail to kill one of them, the guns they possess are no more than mere water pistols. As for Tyler and his Right and Left hands? Yes, I fear them. To some extent, at least. I fear them enough where I won't attack them directly. Their protection goes far beyond anything that I have any hopes of getting past, and quite frankly I'd rather not have them shooting back at me. Now don't get me wrong, it's not the kind of fear that has me running from them at the sight of them or the kind of fear where I won't say their names, but it is a type of fear all the same."

He shrugs. He has no shame in admitting his fear, it is a simple statement of fact. Why shouldn't he be afraid of someone who to him, is unkillable? Of course there are those that fear none from the TylerDurden family, and if Deadly had the means to end their lives with one pull of the trigger he wouldn't fear any of them either.

"Now onto the second part of my answer. Yes, of course there are people that can thwart TylerDurden and choose not to. I wouldn't say that was out of fear of Tyler himself though, but rather fear of other people knowing their true strength. I think there are a few main reasons that people see Tyler and decide whether or not to shoot him. I'm sure that maybe there are other reasons than the ones I'm about to elaborate on for not taking the shot, but these are the only ones I can think of that seem to make any sense. I'll expand a little on each. I'll start by talking about why I think people do take the shots when they think they can hit."

"The first and most obvious reason; showing your strength. If there are people in the country you want to fear you or to know you're someone not to be fucked with, laying down fire and killing one of the hardest to kill people in the country is a sure way to do it. However this is a risky method as when you've shown your strength, it puts you on everyone's radar. Once you're on that radar you don't come off it til you retire or you're dead. That's a pretty risky place to be, at times. In this thing of ours we've seen people killed just for their prowess with a gun, and we've also seen people feared and left alone because of their prowess with a gun."

He clears his throat. He hopes he isn't waffling, as he doesn't want to bore people with his reply.

"Now the reasons for why people choose not to take that shot also might become clearer. If people know you're dangerous you might not live for long, again this depends on the people in charge and how far they let their paranoia carry them. After all, just because someone has the ability to do something, doesn't mean that they will. It's not always just paranoia of course, but paranoia often causes devastation just as much as other things do. I think we're quite lucky in this current day and age that the people at the top are not the kind of people to be sucked in by the rumours, as we've had some pretty good stability for a while."

"In summary, I would say that for those that have the skill to defeat TylerDurden, it is not fear of TylerDurden that stops them from taking that shot. For those that do not have the skill, it is of course fear of TylerDurden that stops them."

Report Post Tip

I do not fear Tyler.  No.  In fact, to publicly show this, I have placed a one million dollar bounty on my own head.

Let Tyler come.  Let him do his worst.

Who else will show that they are not scared?

Report Post Tip
I do not fear TylerDurden his aroma is of fresh piss and shit just like my low ranking crew member Batiatus.
Report Post Tip
fear or not he is a beast :)
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Does the Mafia Fear TylerDurden?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL