Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 12:47:08
Page:  1 
The life of crime awaits you. How do you choose. Started by: Ajani on Dec 06, '14 01:35

Since the day Ajani's fellow family leaders pointed to him;  to stand up and become their leader, he had been working vigorously.  That day was a proud day, and he then realized he could not let his people down.  He began doing the things he knew and was taught.  People are generally influenced by their inspirations and their past ties. Ajani was no exception,  so the way he begun rebuilding The Loop reflected this. 

Calling a quick meeting with his honored and trusted leaders he explained to them of how his bloodline had liked things done and seen them done.  He knew times were different but also if you would like to see something a certain way, only the two hands you have can do such.  Ajani explained to them how a mobster rank should be a cherished thing and something he holds close to his heart.  His earliest ancestors journals had depicted most places they had resided in had done so as well.  From high standards being placed on associates being accepted into families as made men of honor with proper ceremonies and requirements to; the leaders don rank being held to the up most respect and being valued at the highest.  He continued to speak about recruiting of possible associates and respect for one another.  His honorable leaders had agreed and for the most part enjoyed hearing his outlook on the future of The Loop.

Ajani set his cup of coffee down and stood up to propose a few questions.

"When you first arrive on the border of civilian life and organized crime you are faced with a fork in the road of choices to be made.  What is it that goes through your head;  when finding a place to lay your head at night?  A place that still holds the rank of made man to a high regard,  have you work fairly hard and prove yourself  to become one?  Or do you look for a place who will slip you through the door as quickly as possible.  Is it a certain person who draws you to the place you go?  Or do you do research into how they run their family?  How they tax their people,  how are the rules there,  will you have to show them you do have what it takes to join their family and prove yourself?"

"What is it you like to see?  the thing that says damn I want to wear their bold suit and represent that family.  For the potential recruiters and leaders of the "grey world"; what do you expect of your people when recruiting these new clean slated civilians?  Is it someone to help bring a presence in the streets and liven the place up?  A potential hit man for the sleeping bums you need taking care of and bring in some income?"

"So let's hear it folks,  pick one of the several things said there and see what is expected in this day and age."

Report Post Tip

Winter had lingered around the streets as her eyes narrowed on a particular speech. As she listened, she twirled a piece of her hair around her finger. A few things that were mentioned piqued her interest on things that she had been thinking of that very afternoon.

"When I first arrived as a civilian I took careful care in choosing who I would later join. I spent a great deal of time speaking to those I would closely be working with to find out how they do things. I personally look for particular standards in families and qualities in leaders. There was one thing I gravely did not foresee was how Made Man are treated by their godfathers. Is it now where a Godfather is simply too important to the members in their district? Don't get me wrong I know that many Godfathers do not do this but clearly some do. Do ranks no longer matter to Godfathers? Is this why the low ranks no longer regard the high ranks with respect? Could this be a two way street thing? Perhaps.

The problem with doing research is that there is always going to be a detail that you kick yourself in the ass for forgetting to look into later. The real decision is how you handle this. Does it mesh with your original beliefs or not? Is it worth giving your life up for? All these questions are something to take into consideration when choosing where to lay your head. At least in my opinion it is. Others will obviously have a different process but what you can't foresee is the death of a Godfather and the replacement of another. Things just happen. Either you roll with it or you don't. "

Pausing briefly to catch her breath, Winter looks around. She realized that she was talking faster than she normally would.

"The things that tend to stand out for me is the standards a family has. Then what it is they value as a whole, their goals as a whole, etc. It is a lot to try to get into conversations when you are approached though which is why certain things get missed in the process and then you begin questioning things later on. Or maybe a massive change over would also have some people questioning things.

I believe I have spoken a great deal on the matter so I will step back to see what others have to say on the matter."

Taking a step back, she looks around for her bottle of water that she was sure she dropped into her purse earlier that evening.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

As Goddess is walking down the street, she sees the man up on the soapbox, and pauses, listening to what he says. Being fairly new to these shores herself, she cleared her throat, and smoothed her dress, before speaking.

When I was on the boat over to these lands, I reread the journals my grandmother and great grandmothers left behind. Journals that spoke of many of the same things you brought up. Upon landing, before I even had a chance to look around, I had people shoving flyers at me, trying to get me to become a part of their family, without even knowing my name. One of these especially disgusted me. I will not give any details of where it came from, but most of the flyers were so absolutely generic that it turned me away from even considering those families. Personally, I was looking for a bit of the ways my grandmothers spoke of in their journals. I wanted to find someone willing to take me in and help me, not just want me as another body to shield them. I was looking for somewhere I belong, for a family, not just a roof over my head. I think this is what all families should strive for when they come across new people. I apologize if this isn't what you were exactly intending this speech to bring about, but there is my two cents worth.

Goddess smiles, and takes a deep breath as she steps back and waits to hear what else is said.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The life of crime awaits you. How do you choose.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL