Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 17:05:42
Page:  1 
Ask me anything Started by: DeadlySin on Dec 06, '14 12:13

DeadlySin had been settling in well in his new home city. Philadelphia was a wonderful place and he could see why it was one of the hubs of this things of ours. It was a shame that it had been left empty for so long, but maybe waiting for the proper people to fill it was in the end better than just putting any old person there. He had heard stories about his ancestor that had lived in Philadelphia who went by the same name, but wasn't even born while he was alive which meant everything he knew about him was third or fourth hand information so he wasn't sure how accurate it was. He did know for sure though that he had built his name and family in Philadelphia, so he decided that he would have a walk around to see if he could uncover anything.

After deciding that the best place to start would be his ancestor's old headquarters, he started asking around to see if anyone knew where it was. There were lots of theories but nobody seemed to know for sure. When he checked the places people mentioned it certainly wasn't still there, although at one of the places he did spot someone who bore an incredible resemblance to Standard, who appeared to be rummaging through some garbage while making some 'nomnomnom' noises - he couldn't confirm who it was though as when they heard him approaching they threw themselves forward, rolling themselves away to safety. A bit later on while he was having a conversation with a Philadelphia resident about it, an old looking man overhears and walks over. He fumbles his words a little, but Deadly managed to get an address out of him. He must've been the only person still alive from that era as he looked practically like a skeleton. He thanked the old man for the information and handed him a few thousand dollars for his trouble. The man seemed ecstatic, and walked away with a big grin on his face.

"Time to find out if this is the one..." Deadly spoke to himself quietly, some apprehension building inside him at the thought of going there. He decided his next move would be to go back to the crew headquarters, to see if anyone there knew anything about the area or where it was.

Deadly got back and walked around looking for people. He heard some evil laughing and what sounded like a small kitten crying, so he knew bobbi was at least there. "bobbi?" he said, knocking at the door. He heard some frantic moving around and some doors being slammed shut, then the door slowly opened. "Hi Deadly. What's up?" she asked, trying to look nonchalant. Deadly tried to peer around her to look into the room but bobbi pushed the door so he couldn't see anything. "Uhh, what are you doing in there?" bobbi looked alarmed for a second. "You know what? Nevermind. You know anything about this neighbourhood?" he passed the piece of paper to her so she could read it. She shook her head. "Thanks anyway. I'm gonna go see if anyone else knows anything - maybe Satanta or Whatsername have more information." bobbi smiled, "Oki" she said before getting a rather evil look on her face and closing the door. Deadly stood for a minute listening, he heard her laugh an evil laugh as the sound of a meow of pain came out of the door. He shivered a little bit, shrugged it off, and carried on.

Deadly looked around the headquarters to see if he could find anyone else that knew anything, but left knowing not much more than when he went in. All he managed to learn was that Satanta doesn't like to be disturbed while pleasuring himself to a magazine called 'Tentacles and Testicles'. He decided the best thing to do at this point was just to dive right in - he was sure nothing bad would happen. He called a taxi. When it arrived he saw that the license plate said 'FRESH', and he had some dice hanging from his rear view mirror. Deadly got in the taxi and gave the driver the address. He at least seemed to know where it was, as he didn't even have to think about it. They arrived at the destination. Deadly paid the driver and got out of the taxi, and as he was walking away yelled "Thanks man, smell ya later!". The sight he was greeted with wasn't exactly what he was expecting...

The street seemed to have been turned into a residential area since the demise of the Godfather. It was rather pleasant. He didn't really know exactly what he'd expected, but it wasn't this. He scanned the houses up and down the street and instantly spotted the place he was looking for. It was about twice the size of all the other properties in the street, surrounded by high thick walls although it looked quite worn down. He made his way over and found the gates still intact - he was sure they'd been restored but for what purpose he didn't know. He gave them a push to test the lock and to his surprise they opened quite easily. Inside the walls you could instantly see that it hadn't been repaired like the gates - walls had scorch marks on them, smashed windows, and broken down doors. He explored the place until he found what he was looking for... his ancestor's office.

Sitting for hours, Deadly trawled through each and every artifact he could find. The contents of some of the boxes looked just like the inside of BlackBetty's head... completely empty. An old style pistol, looking more like a handheld cannon, a pocket watch that looked like it could tell tales and, which had Deadly holding back the excitement to dive right in, a diary full of his ancestor's notes. He heads outside, getting away from the dilapidated building before something inevitably collapses. He finds a park bench nearby, pulls out a cigarette and lights it then opens the diary up from the start and begins to read. He only makes it about a quarter of the way through before the light outside starts to dim. He puts the diary back in his pocket and heads to the headquarters, very happy with his find. Once back he shares his discovery with his family - other than Whatsername who has fallen asleep cuddling a bottle of maple syrup, they seemed genuinely interested so Deadly decides that he will share his find with the rest of the country.

The next day, he makes his way to the streets. He clears his throat.

"I'm not sure how many people will be interested in this, but I would be remiss to not at least offer this opportunity to people across the country. Recently I searched for and discovered the journals of my greatest ancestor, DeadlySin. No Satanta before you ask it, I don't mean myself, I am just named after that particular ancestor. Now some of you might say 'big fucking deal, who cares?' - well, you're entitled to that opinion. I genuinely don't know who, if anyone, will want to take up this opportunity but I have had people asking me stuff recently about that ancestor, so I would like to offer up the chance for people to ask me any question they like about that ancestor publicly, and I will try to find the answers right here from in this journal."

"Go ahead, ask me anything."

Deadly smiles and patiently waits.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Whilst looking through old journals was there ever any mention of how many shots were missed on DeadlySin?

Report Post Tip

Sir DeadlySin I have read through some of my ancestors disgustingly written journals as well and they've had some thoughts about you! All good, don't worry! It really interested me reading through some of my ancestors actions and how the world was changing through the eyes of them.

I did have a question. How do you think your ancestor, aptly named DeadlySin, felt about fighting his long time friend PoisonousJelly on a certain someones birthday? My ancestors journals show that the cities of Las Vegas under Godfather PoisonousJelly and Los Angeles under Don ParanoidFreak. It was a frantic 24 hours from my family journals.

Does your collection of journals have any input or answer to my question? Thank you in advance, I think its wonderful that you'd share such personal family history.

Report Post Tip
Please consult your journals and expand upon any dealings and falling outs that your bloodline had with mine.

:(
Report Post Tip

Deadly looks surprised when people start asking questions almost immediately. He hadn't expected a response this quickly, but he was prepared nonetheless. He turns to P I Staker and Kuku- first.

"Hello P_I_Staker, that's a good question. I'm going to have to search this journal front to back to find all those entries, however I do know that the only records of the misses were ones that weren't purely for protection. I will get back with an answer as soon as I find them all. Kuku-, I'm sorry but I don't see any mention of a name similar to yours... do you have any specific names I should look for?"

He turns back to the third person, who he quickly realises is Godfather Kyubey from Staten Island.

"Godfather, thank you for bringing your question to me. Let me take a look..."

Deadly flicks through the journal, he hasn't had a chance to read everything through in detail but he knows around abouts where those entries are. "I'm going to start maybe a page back, as I think the backstory should be heard too. You've asked quite an intriguing question Godfather, thank you." He finds the right page and begins to read..

"July 8th. It's early in the morning and I've just received an urgent message - one I thought I'd never have to hear. Marston... Godfather of New York and my closest ally has been killed. I'm told it was a fatal gun malfunction. As upset as I am, I'm also angry - I told that fucker to stop using his gun so much but did he listen? I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, Marston was a gunman through and through, he was always going to go out in a blaze of glory or a tragic accident. One of Marston's captains named Apples had already announced his ex-members protection, so they were at least safe. Even though Marston has died, I still regard New York as my closest ally just as I did when Marston was alive."

"July 8th continued. Some of New York have come to me saying that they have very grave concerns that Manius is going to try to take control of the city, and this isn't what any of them want. This is one of my worst fears. I wanted to keep the city whole, to keep the memory of Marston and his city strong. However it is incredibly plain to see that Marston was the thing holding these people together, and with his passing the city is beginning to fall apart. It hasn't even been one day. Not one fucking day and the work Marston had done is falling apart in front of my eyes. If I let them sort this out between themselves it could be a bloodbath on a massive scale. The city would be left in ruins - I know they don't have the skills required to do this quickly and efficiently. Hell, I don't think even I have the skill to do that. But I do have numbers, I have a whole city behind me who will back me. I can save New York, but I have to remove some of it to do so."

"July 10th. Two days of war, and it's over. It got very messy. There were some very strong people there and we took some big losses, but I believe New York will grow now and I will stand side by side with them as I would have if Marston was still there. Every time one of them died I saw Marston's face, looking disappointed that this had to happen. It killed me to do this, but I firmly believe New York will be all the stronger for it."

"July 21st. New York has had no more issues, I'm happy with that and every day that they keep working together and growing I grow happier. I see a bright future with them. I'm going out to a party tonight, it's Puffs birthday and the family are going out to celebrate."

"July 22nd, 00:56am. I'm very drunk, having been out partying the night away. I received word in an urgent message that New York had been attacked. I grabbed the messenger by the shoulders and told him to go as fast as he could to all of my captains and tell them to prepare for war. I went outside with all of the family that were there with me, myself and Puffs jumping in a taxi and heading straight back to the headquarters. I gather all the information I can - it seems Los Angeles and Las Vegas have decided to kill New York. I don't even know what New York have done to deserve being wiped out. The people in New York had originally come from Los Angeles themselves, and PoisonousJelly had mentioned nothing of it."

Deadly clears his throat and looks over to Godfather Kyubey. "I know I have read a little far back, but I think from hearing those things you can tell where this is going, and gave you the insight to not just know what happened, but why it happened too." Deadly keeps on reading.

"July 22nd, 01:10am. PoisonousJelly and me both came from Vegas, it's where I started out in this world. After the war with Stamina I was moved to the opposite side of the country. He stayed in Vegas, I was given Philadelphia. We'd been close during that time and we'd worked together to hold Vegas to a high standard, culminating in us being the last two leaders left alive there. I think we both knew on some level that we'd meet again one day, and it probably wouldn't be for a pizza. Not even two weeks after Marston's death, and people were trying to remove the city I'd tried to save. As much as PoisonousJelly is my friend, I'd made a promise to myself to keep New York alive and growing and I'd even put my people on the line to help them stay safe - I wasn't about to back out now that times looked tough and they needed me more than ever. Win or lose, I stand by my allies."

"July 24th, 01:22am. Two days since this began, and now it is over. The war ended in a spectacular shootout between myself and PoisonousJelly. As I'm still writing in this journal, it's pretty clear who came out on top. He was a good friend, but at the end of the day my word means more than friendships. To my dismay, there isn't much left of New York. The city I worked so hard to protect and help grow is in ruins. I have hope though - one leader out of all of them is left alive, although he hasn't worn the suit long and he's fairly young. I have big hopes for him though, and he'll have my protection as the last remnant of Marston's empire. The last person Marston ever authed to be a crewleader. SammyGarcini will do great things, I'll make sure of it."

Deadly looks over to Godfather Kyubey again. "That's all I have about his feelings about fighting PoisonousJelly. You asked a very good question, and I'm glad you did because this insight into his mind was quite inspiring. Thank you, Kyubey."

Thank you very much, sir, for responding.

While you are looking, I thought of another question. Also, on a side note, I asked because I assume there are quite a few shots on him that were not protection shots. So yeah, curious.  Back to my second question, if I may, my great, etc, grandfather remembers the time when the DeadlySin in question governed the east coast and often wondered why PhilSteak wasn't moved to his own city sooner?

It was seem to me he was/would had been a great tactical advantage having him GodFather in his own city. However, and my memory could be off, it seemed that he was well ready long before given that opportunity. Wouldn't had made sense to have him beside you sooner?

Again thanks for you time.

Report Post Tip

hav lurked and listened, as he always did. 

"Already some fabulous accounts from your own perspective from days past DeadlySin and I hate to be the one to make you dig back into your entries again, however, a couple of questions. Do you feel that PhilSteak's recklessness in throwing his life away so quickly during the now infamous "May war" ultimately cost you yours and do you wish he played it smarter? Secondly there have been numerous different recollections regarding just how you survived the first wave of said war. Was it a wackback, did you get a tip off and get pro'd, was it a straight miss? Perhaps you can finally shed some light on that situation." 

Report Post Tip

bobbi instantly closes the door and a feeling of disappointment runs through her body. She had been planning for almost a month. Was this really the time when it all fell apart, she was so close and the thought of it all going to waste made her sick. The device was finished and for that twat DeadlySin to destroy all the fun was not a feeling well felt. Hopefully he hadn't seen anything though so she quickly decided to go through with the plan. bobbis plan was simple, the nicest prank ever to be done in the family headquarters. She pressed the device and could her the gut wrenching sound of an almost dying kitten. This was going to be so funny. Ever since she heard that the family meeting was taking place the night after this one she had been working day and night to finish this pressure sensitive device. It was going to be placed on the bossladys chair in this meeting, the look on Whatsername's face when she sat down on it would be priceless. bobbi hoped that she wouldn't be in too much trouble. That night she went to bed with a smile on her face and slept like a dead person considering all the sleepless nights she'd had the last couple of weeks.

bobbi woke up rested and in a great mood the next day. The time had come and she couldn't wait to get the prank over with. She decided to talk a walk through Philadelphia to pass time. Who knew she might get the chance to snatch some ladies purse or even pull a heist if she was lucky. Halfway down the street she noticed this very excited young man jumping up and down on the sidewalk. bobbi got curious and as she walked closer she noticed it being DeadlySin doing the jumping. Curious to know what the young little boy was up to she stayed listening to what he had to say. 

When DeadlySin was finished bobbi couldn't help but feel excited. Was this really the time she would get all her questions about the great oppressive tyrant DeadlySin answered. She had so many questions she didn't know where to start.

"Uhm so many questions so little time. I don't know where to start." bobbi can se the startled face of her fellow crew mate. This was going to be sooo much fun.

"Is there an entry in that diary that explains why your Godfather forefather still is called an oppressive tyrant by the masses? What did he have to say about the almost legendary member of Philadelphia called ribena? Is it true that he had a fetish when it came to pink umbrellas?"

bobbi looks at the watch and quickly noticed that it was almost time for the meeting. She was in a hurry. If she ran back home though she would have time pull the prank as well as get the answers she wanted. It was one last question she knew she needed to get out before walking away. The most important one. She needed to hear if the rumours were true.

"What was his favourite drink? I heard that it had something to do with umbrellas and certain colours. Can you confirm?"

bobbi takes a step back and waits for an answer while looking at the watch. She hoped she had time to wait for the official answers.

Report Post Tip

A fantastic opportunity here to learn from the diaries of someone not in our own bloodlines, notably someone that managed to achieve some rather notable success. I just hope the diaries cover enough detail for them to answer the variety and depth of questions being fired at you DeadlySin. From the stories I've heard in the past your ancestor was far more a tyrant than a note taker and spent more time causing epitaphs than writing them. 

I'll happily throw a slight little curve ball into the mix while I'm here though. Rather than asking which of the wars he lived through he found the hardest or which opponent caused him the most heartache in war, information which is mostly already available in public records from the time, I wonder if he ever gave any details on which bloodlines caused him the most sleepless nights during the times of peace? Which were the ones he watched that little bit closer, who did he think would have a strategy and execution that could put him under pressure should they ever decide to move against him. There are always certain bloodlines that are either respected or feared for their abilities, sometimes even both, so I'd be keen to know if your DeadlyTyrantSin forefather ever penned the names of those who gave him pause for thought at the time?

Whereas I often wondered that myself, what DeadlyTyrantSin (That's actually an easier way to refer to the ancestor DS, in my opinion) did that was so bad to be indeed be called a tyrant. Would also find it odd if his diaries had that answer. Can one really have documented a time when they where like "Yep, this act right here is going to make me hated forever." and then still do it?

Anyways, as to what Bobbi asked, I am curious too but not sure he can really answer that. Guess we will see. My thought, if anyone is interested, was always one of two things. Either hating on the man for doing his thing successfully or the pleasure of having someone to be a nemesis.  Having someone in power you "dislike" motivates some people and is kind of a good thing I think. Keeps things moving.

Report Post Tip

Deadly goes back to the journal, furiously turning pages back and forth. He looks frustrated for a second and sighs.

"P_I_Staker, I'm afraid I can't get all the information you require - a lot of the attempts on him he simply mentioned without naming anyone, and there are too many to count. The only names he wrote down from the people that tried and failed to kill him were Cpt-Harris, WildTurkey, JohnGalt, Innocence, Valmont, PoisonousJelly, Slash, StanPython, Immortal, and Frank_Sinatra. I have a few passages I can read regarding each one if you'd like?"

Deadly doesn't wait for an answer, he simply turns to the journal and starts reading.

"April 2nd. The war with Stamina has been going on for days. I haven't been a leader for that long, but I have a strong group of people beside me and we'll pull each other through tooth and nail if need be. I've been avoiding most of the gunfire by taking protection shots, but one did get through. Immortal tried to kill me, one of Stamina's crewleaders. I'm glad it wasn't Stamina taking that shot, I'd be in the ground for sure. At least she shot and missed at me though, rather that than lose one of my guys."

"June 19th. Detroit, headed by Valmont, decided to attack my city and Marston's at the same time. I have no idea what came over these guys, I can only imagine that immense paranoia set in after someone started spreading rumours. I thought this guy would have the sense to see through that kind of bullshit, but I guess not. He attacked first and all their city mustered was six kills. I'm laughing on the outside, but I'm relieved that they were so inneffective. I can't bear seeing my people die. Valmont tried to kill me and failed. A close shave perhaps, I guess I'm just good at dodging bullets."

"July 25th. It's been a day since the end of the West Coast vs. East Coast war. The country is suffering massively, and it's going to take a long time to rebuild. My losses were far more than I ever wanted, I even lost Puffs, my Right Hand. The rebuild is going to be hard. Luckily I still have a strong core of people who are standing strong. By my count, PoisonousJelly tried to kill me at least once, Slash (a crewleader in Las Vegas) tried once, and JohnGalt three times. I ended PoisonousJelly's and Slash's lives myself. JohnGalt tried to get protection which went horribly wrong for him - I'm torn on this. On one hand I'm happy that this threat has been ended, on the other, I wanted to be the one to end him. At the end of the day, I'm just glad we're still standing."

"August 23rd. We removed StanPython from power today. I wanted to leave this in the hands of my city, I had gotten some heat from the police recently and didn't need another murder laid at my doorstep. However, we all know that even the best laid plans often go awry. My Right Hand missed her shot on StanPython. He had caught sight of who she was, but decided not to return fire. Instead he came gunning straight for me. Pure instinct took over as I heard a gun erupt behind me - I span around quickly, dropping to one knee and pulling out my gun. My aim was true, and I shot him between the eyes faster than he had a chance to blink. This wasn't how I wanted it to go down, but it's still a good lesson for the city. Things often don't go to plan, and you have to be prepared."

"November 20th. Two of my own leaders (KingSao and Neon) tried to turn against me along with a whole other city, Los Angeles. I managed to remove KingSao and Neon without arousing too much suspicion - either that or Los Angeles are hoping like hell that I don't know anything. I have my former leaders to thank for that. I told KingSao to step down due to the amount of time he spent away from his family... he mailed his family with borderline mutinous words, so he gave me the perfect public reason to remove him without suspicion. After he was removed, Neon seemed to lose her sanity. She decided to go against me right there and then. I shot down her Right Hand man and not too much after shot her down too. She too, had acted in such a way as to completely warrant her own death. I hadn't expected her to do that, and I got no joy from the fact that a few of her family decided to take up arms with her. Every one of them people that had grown alongside us all in Philadelphia. It hurt, but I knew it had to be done. Three days later we were warring the city of Los Angeles, who I assume had no idea that I knew their plans. Innocence (Godfather of Los Angeles) tried to kill me. I dodged another bullet. I'll live another day, I can't say the same for all my people that died - each one I felt the loss of tremendously."

"May 13th. A war on a massive scale has kicked off. I didn't see this one coming, despite the warnings. I didn't think SammyGarcini would go this far, to take my city to war. We've stood side by side for the longest time. The person I once fought for and threw my city on the line for is trying to remove me. He died very quickly. With my own eyes I saw him go to pull his gun out to shoot Phil Steak, but before he could even lift it halfway Phil had pulled out his gun and shot him between the eyes. All hell broke loose then. I knew the biggest threat left after Sammy was his captain, Cpt-Harris. I flew across the whole country on a private jet looking for him yet he eluded me. Nobody had even tried shooting at me, but my Right Hand laid dead in Philadelphia. An eye for an eye - I flew back to Chicago, the home city of SammyGarcini, and looked for his former Right Hand Katniss. I found her. I took my knife out and cut her throat from ear to ear - this one was personal. This war has devasted the country in a more dramatic way than I've ever seen. Frank_Sinatra, a hitter from New York had failed to kill me. Cpt-Harris himself failed to kill me. WildTurkey had failed too. So many people are dead. Even if I make it through this the country will never be the same, and I'm getting so tired. I hope this finishes soon. I don't think I have any luck left."

Deadly looks over to P_I_Staker. "I hope that helps you somewhat. I'm sorry that there is no accurate record of exactly how many, but these I think were the ones that were most important to my ancestor which is why he kept specific records of them. Now as far as the authing of Phil_Steak... let me take a look." He buries his head back in the book, scanning over the pages. He'd seen some references to this before he knew. "Ah-ha! There it is." he says, before he begins to read again.

"August 24th. Phil_Steak moved out of Philadelphia today. I'd been trying to convince him that him having his own city was a great move for a long time, but he wasn't convinced. He is so unfaultingly loyal that he wouldn't even agree to the move, until I promised to keep making the big decisions for him, and to keep us united as though we were still one city - and even then it took a long time to convince him, but I'm sure this is a good move. I wish he'd listened to me sooner, but I'm happy he finally did. Phil Steak is one of the hardest working, most loyal people I've ever known. He reminds me of Marston in some ways - a great ally and a fantastic gunman. I will support him in the same way I support every ally. To the end."

"That answers all your questions I think P_I_Staker. It seems that my ancestor wanted to put Phil_Steak in a city much sooner, but Phil didn't want to leave Philadelphia." Deadly nods and smiles at P_I_Staker and turns to houstatlantavegas. "houstatlantavegas, I think your question was answered in one of the previous readings. It would seem that nobody even tried to kill him, he didn't have a clue it was incoming other than people's paranoia and had taken no steps other than perhaps some planning in his head."

Deadly yawns and looks at his watch. He does a double take to make sure he's reading it right.

"Apologies, it appears time has run away with itself. I promise I will answer your questions tomorrow. I must get some sleep tonight. Thank you for listening!" he smiles at everyone and goes back to the headquarters to get some much needed rest.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $220,000 Tip
What have your records saved about TylerDurden? The man who came before the Tyler we know today?

What are some of your families longest standing allies?

Your family is without question one of the most successful on a consistent basis; do your records contain a recipe for success?
Report Post Tip

DeadlySin returns to the streets, holding the journal again. As he walks up he finishes off his cigarette which he'd been smoking on the way. He seems to be thinking about something briefly and then starts to speak.

"houstatlantavegas, I would like to quickly apologise. In my tired state yesterday I missed some of your questions. You asked if my ancestor felt that Phil_Steak's recklessness ultimately cost him his life, and whether my ancestor wished he had handled the situation better. I can't exactly say, because his journal doesn't include every single intimate detail. However I do have an entry in this journal which kind of answers your question, at least to the extent of what exactly occured regarding Phil_Steak's death." Deadly looks down to the journal, finds the right page and begins to speak.

"May 10th. Phil Steak has just been shot dead. There was a miscommunication, and the person protecting him... he tried too soon. Phil lost his protection straight after getting it and we couldn't get anyone else to him fast enough. I just lost my longest standing closest ally to a mistake that should've never fucking happened. We're still strong, but we're a lot less strong for having lost him."

He looks back up from the journal. "So you see houstatlantavegas, there was no recklessness involved. It seems someone fucked up somewhere along the way, and it cost that Godfather his life. Do I think that single thing cost them the war from what I've read in this journal? I couldn't possibly say. A lot of things happened in that war from what I've read, a lot of things all going wrong in just that one war. I'm sure that had Phil_Steak survived it could have ended differently, but we can never know these things."

Deadly looks toward bobbi. She looks antsy, like she's in a rush and has places to be. He decides he will draw out the answer as long as possible because quite frankly, annoying her is something he enjoys as a regular hobby. "bobbi, I'm not sure why people called him an oppressive tyrant. I've read through his journal and I never see any mention of him taking violence lightly, or ever doing something purely for personal gain. However if you just hold on right there for a while, I'll search through and see if I can find anything."

Deadly pretends to read the journal while flicking through the pages randomly. Occasionally he looks up as if about to say something but then goes back to his journal to keep looking. He keeps her waiting for about twenty minutes before he decides that she's had enough - there's a vein bulging in her forehead like it's about to rupture and her trigger finger keeps twitching like she's thinking about shooting him. He doesn't want to end up like all those poor kittens.

"Sorry boobi... I mean bobbi, I can't find answers to any of the questions you're asking. If he did have fetishes or favourite drinks he didn't mention them. As for ribena? Let me have a look, I might be able to find something."

He goes back to the journal and starts quickly skim reading through it. "There it is, I knew I'd find it..."

"May 8th. There's a person in Philly under Jaqen_Hghar called ribena. I wouldn't normally feel the need to mention a Wise Guy in my journal, but I feel like recent events make it worth mentioning. Jaqen and myself have always had a strong bond, and we still consider ourselves as one city here in Philadelphia. I was over in his headquarters a day or two ago, and this strange looking person introduced themselves to me. She said her name was ribena - a strange name, but my name isn't exactly normal either. She seemed normal other than that, at least for a few minutes. While I was sat talking to Jaqen, I saw her take her shoes and socks off and start licking her own feet. She then proceeded to trim her toenails by gnawing them off. Once she had finished, she put her toenails into the drink she was holding and carried on as if nothing unusual had happened. What an odd person."

He looks back up from the journal to bobbi. "That's all I can find about ribena. I hope that was what you were looking for, and answers some of your questions." He smiles at her and turns to the next person.

"Ahhh Satanta! It's nice of you to take time away from your... magazines... to come out to the streets. Frankly I'm surprised you can even stand properly considering how often you go for 'private time'. Speaking of which, I know of a fantastic costume shop a few streets over - they do a very realistic Octopus costume. Just saying." Deadly smirks and changes the subject quickly. "Who gave him the most sleepless nights is definitely an interesting question, and one that possibly you won't expect the answer to." DeadlySin looks down to the journal and pauses "This entry isn't dated... I think this is just a random summary of thoughts, rather than an actual journal entry." he says before beginning to read...

"During the course of my time as a leader of this thing of ours, I've noticed a lot of people succumbing to paranoia and rumours. I'll never let that happen to me. Paranoia isn't a pretty path, and it always leads to disaster. Being wary and being paranoid are two completely different things though, I think, and I need to try and stay on the right side of that. There's not much I grow wary of, or worry about. Some might see that as cockiness or arrogance, and I suppose to some small degree it might be. What they don't know is that I worry about every single one of my city's people. As the Godfather of Philadelphia it is my job to protect them. Every single one. It's my job to lead them forward into tomorrow and onwards, and my job to make sure they arrive there intact. That's what I have sleepless nights over - not about the people who might do damage, but the people who might be damaged."

DeadlySin looks over at Satanta. "I think that answers your question fully. You know it's weird, it's almost like this entry was written specifically for your question. Almost like he knew that someday someone would ask that question." Deadly shrugs it off, he's sure it's just a coincidence. It's not like it was being written just to answer the questions asked.

"Sarge, I'm not sure that I understand your first question. Isn't TylerDurden the same Tyler we've always known? The guy that turns up with a group of friends, gets beaten back to Delaware, and tries again a few days later? Your second question has already been answered, my ancestor's closest allies outside of Philadelphia were Marston and Phil_Steak." Deadly pauses to think for a second about the last question. "Hmm, yes I do believe that there is something that was passed down from generation to generation, a piece of advice that everyone can use to their advantage. It goes like this: Don't throw bricks straight up."

Deadly looks around and realises there are no more questions to be answered. "If anyone wants to know anything else, feel free to ask. I'll be here, with a wealth of knowledge at my fingertips." He takes a seat and lights up a cigarette, smoking it while he waits.

Report Post Tip

bobbi wakes up in her bed. At first she couldn't really figure out where she was and why she was experiencing such a massive pain in her head. She looks around and can draw the conclusion that she's home. But why did she have such a massive headache. She couldn't even figure out how she got home last night. Thinking about it she realizes that she couldn't remember much at all from the day before. Confused she gets up and makes herself a sandwich. After nomming away she decides to take a walk hoping that her thoughts would gather themselves a bit with some fresh air. The sun was shining and there was a nice cold breeze outside. Which was good for bobbi as it made her feel a bit more awake and the pain released its grip a bit. After walking around aimlessly for a while she bumps in to DeadlySin who seems to be trying to get into a shop that had a closed sign up in the window. She walks up to him and says hi and as she does DeadlySin quickly jumps up, spins around and looks innocently at bobbi. He starts to smile though as he notices the familiar face in front of him.

"How are you feeling today?" @DeadlySin says with a smile that only gets bigger and bigger. He looks at bobbis puzzled face and continues. 

"How's the head? You remember?" The meeting?" He laughs and drags her down the street before anyone notices what he was up to in front of the shop. 

bobbi, still a bit puzzled by the comments, tries to remember before DeadlySin has the satisfaction of telling all the details. As he clearly knows what happened. The details would probably be twisted as well to make bobbi look bad. She tries hard to remember and decides to start from what she really can remember. She remember standing in front of DeadlySin asking questions about his bloodline. He was dragging out the answer for sure but why? That is when it struck her. She had been busy getting back to the headquarters and preparing for something. Something important. The meeting... The PRANK! That was it... It all came back to her. The prank had been a success! Everybody laughed. But then she saw Whatsername's face. A shiver goes through bobbis body. It wasn't a face she ever wanted to see again. She sees the quick nod from her in the direction of bobbi and then it all goes black.

"Do you remember?" DeadlySin asks once more with a smile that would have made Joker envy him. bobbi nods.

"I remember bits yeah. Who was it that hit me?"

"You had Tetley right next to you. You didn't stand a chance!" @DeadlySin lets out another laugh. 

The two of them starts walking down the street in silence. bobbi feeling a bit ashamed. Knowing that she should probably go talk to the bosslady hoping she wouldn't be sent down the river. She sighed trying to push those thoughts out of her mind. Right, his bloodline. There was one more thing she had wanted to ask. She forgot to do it yesterday though. 

"Does the diary say anything about the biggest mistake your forefather ever did? Something in particular he wasn't all that proud of? Does it say anything about the feelings he had about parts of his own city turning against him?"

As they continue walking bobbi notices how DeadlySin takes out the diary and starts flipping the pages

Report Post Tip

DeadlySin walks down the street with bobbi, looking down at the pavement. He notices that bobbi is wearing her shoes on the wrong feet, but chooses not to say anything. For almost a full minute she seemed like she was thinking about something and then suddenly blurted out a question. Deadly could pretend to be surprised, but bobbi acting kind of odd was something everyone in the family was well used to by now. He pulls out the journal and starts looking through, and out of nowhere starts coughing and choking. After about ten seconds it finishes, but his throat feels raw. He takes the cigarettes out of his jacket pocket and scowls at them. He pulls his arm back and flings them as hard as he can down the street. "I'm done with that shit. I can't take all the coughing anymore. Right, where was I?" Deadly looks back down to his journal and starts looking through it. He finds the right page and begins to read.

"November 17th. It's the day after Neon and KingSao had to be removed. I still can't believe how this all unravelled - I never expected not only one but two of my own leaders to turn against me. I thought I was a better judge of character than this, but I guess everyone makes mistakes. It feels horrible thinking so negatively about one of my own leaders... I knew Neon would be trouble from the tantrum she threw at me moving SquidMaster into his own city, but I didn't think she was so power hungry that she'd turn on her own in a fit of rage. I kind of understand KingSao sending that mail, most leaders want to stay leader, but I don't understand why he decided to turn and plot against me. We never even exchanged bad words, not a single one. I can only guess that Neon had some hold over him, though what kind of hold I guess I'll never know. He did seem to get puppy dog eyes when looking at her, but I'm sure he wouldn't have betrayed his family and city over a little crush... would he? I guess I made a big mistake thinking those guys were leadership material. The biggest mistake I've ever made actually. I'm just glad I could put it right. RIP Neon and KingSao."

Deadly looks up at boobi and smiles. "I can't find any entries where he says he made a bigger mistake, so I assume he thinks that's the biggest mistake he ever made. If there was ever a different one, he didn't list it here. What was your second question?" boobi sighs and then repeats the question. "Don't sigh at me, I don't say a word about any of your little... quirks." boobi glares at Deadly for a second, and then stumbles over her own feet. She still doesn't notice that her shoes are on the wrong way round. Deadly smirks to himself and flicks through the journal once more. After flicking through for a few minutes he gives up. "You know I can't find anything that mentions him doing something he's not proud of... Oh wait! No, I have it right here." Deadly appears excited for a second and flicks quickly through the pages, stopping suddenly when he finds his place. "This one isn't dated, but I found it! I found what you asked me to!" He begins to read...

"Today I did something I'm not proud of. There's a wise guy in Philadelphia.. I mentioned her in an earlier journal entry, her name is ribena. She's the one that licked her own feet, gnawed her toenails off and put them in her drink. I know, gross. If any future generations read this, let it be known and remembered that she is without a doubt the strangest person I've ever met - and my crew is called The Strangers! I would say she'd fit right in with us here in my immediate family but she outstranges even Lalaith, the midget with a fetish for gold coloured trousers. So... the thing I did that I'm not proud of. I saw her drinking from the same cup the next time I was over in Bella Vista visiting Jaqen_Hghar. She was being odd, lurking over in the corner at which point I had an evil but genius idea. I quietly whispered it to Jaqen, who didn't laugh out loud but nodded to give his approval. I made my way to the drug store quickly to pick up what I needed, and headed straight back. Jaqen distracted her while I snuck over and poured a good helping of laxatives into the drink. I'm sure you can imagine what happened next. We didn't have to. It sounded like the building was being hit by mortar fire for the next six hours. I'm not proud of what I did, but my god did we laugh. Poor ribena."

As Deadly finishes reading he laughs. "Well it seems that even those in power have a sense of humour sometimes. Who was ribena anyway? A relative of yours?" He smirks again thinking about ribena, and realising that boobi probably was a descendant of ribena considering her odd behaviour at times. He shrugs and shakes off the laughter, deciding it was about time to tell her about her shoes. "bobbi, you know your shoes are on the wrong way round?" bobbi looks down at her feet and then looks back at Deadly with a confused expression. "My shoes are on the right feet. Don't ask me why, but my feet are actually back to front. My left foot is a right foot, and my right foot is a left." Deadly simply doesn't know how to react to this latest quirk. He decides to just go back to the journal. "I have the answer to your next question right here!" He goes on to read some more.

"May 10th. Lady-Fighter's district turned against me in this war. It hurts that someone I considered so close to me has done this. The hurt I felt was much less substantial when Neon and KingSao did this - I knew she would be trouble and she always seemed sulky when I told her I wanted to keep her in Philadelphia. But LadyFighter? I didn't see this one coming. This one felt like a knife in my gut, twisting to cause the most possible pain. I didn't think this would ever happen to me again after the first time. I had been so much more careful, I thought I had picked the most loyal and trustworthy people. Although I guess I can't be too angry, she is a Godfather just like myself and Jaqen_Hghar and is making decisions for herself. I don't know why she wanted to stay in Philadelphia though, I would've happily given her a district in a different city to call her own if she didn't want to stay here. I can't make sense of this one... I didn't hold her back or stop her doing what she wanted, I didn't get involved with her business unless I had to, I gave her all the room to breathe she could ever need. I tried to talk to her, to make her see sense and come back to us. She didn't listen. She didn't even have the stones to reply to me. She's killing off the city she was a part of for a very long time, and taken almost a third of the city with her."

"May 11th - 21:00. Lady-Fighter finally decided to speak to me, after much poking and prodding. It seems a lot of her issues were just her misunderstanding. If she'd just taken some time and spoken to me, everything could've been worked out. What a complete and total senseless waste. I am embarrassed that I let someone so short sighted get so far, I should've seen it sooner. It's too late now to turn back, she's done too much - I'll end her life with my own gun even if it costs me my own life. Disloyalty is unacceptable."

"May 11th - 23:00. I ended Lady-Fighter's life a few minutes ago. I started off feeling hurt that she'd done this, but she killed off people who considered her part of the Philadelphia family, and the hurt was quickly replaced by rage. I can't write any more about this, the wound is too fresh."

Deadly looks up from the journal to boobi, who seems fairly happy with the answer he gave. "That's everything I could find about those particular subjects. I hope that was okay. I'm definitely learning a lot about my ancestor, and hope others are too. I will have to read over all these notes in detail and write up some kind of 'general advice' kind of thing for people who want to learn. There are a lot of things to be learned from this journal, that's for sure."

Report Post Tip

DeadlySin is in the headquarters relaxing. Relaxing these days meant spending his time avoiding Satanta's advances while he wears an octopus costume, and making sure to always drink coffee instead of tea so that Tetley couldn't make crude jokes about teabagging people. He hadn't seen bobbi around for a few hours, but he assumed she was just avoiding 'Naked Fridays' as per every week, just like every single person except for NightHound who seemed to take great pleasure in flaunting himself around the headquarters every Friday. I guess it is true that the smallest things really do bring the greatest joys. As he sits reading over his ancestor's journal, who he has decided to name DeadlyTyrantSin as suggested to avoid confusion with his own name, he finds a passage about when DeadlyTyrantSin became Godfather of Philadelphia.

"May 4thToday the Godfather of Philadelphia called me to his placesaid it was important. I'd always paid my tribute to the old dog on time, and had no idea at all what he wanted with me. I started this life over in New York, had moved to Las Vegas within a day due to a war and had changed families again in that same day - I eventually settled down, though it was a competition city and anything could happen. One day, my leader died. I was unable to fight and no-one was left to fight for, so I spoke to some people and started my own family. I never expected to be where I am today - not that I'm complaining, where I am is a lot better off than before I started out in this thing of ours. Anyway, the Godfather told me he wanted 100 million dollars from me and he'd retire. I told him to go fuck himself. A shootout ensued and I took over the position of Godfather."

"May 5th. I received a lot of congratulations for reaching this position, but one particularly stuck in my head. Kurtz, a good friend of mine and someone I respect greatly (even with all his... "quirks"), gave me a wooden case which contained a Roman short-sword which was quite frankly one of the most impressive things I've ever seen. I need to keep this somewhere safe - probably mount it on my office wall while I'm there, but I think I'll get myself a fine leather scabbard so I can carry it with me when I leave the office. I don't want to let this thing out of my sight."

DeadlySin looks up from the journal and rubs his beard, clearly deep in thought. He knows where the headquarters is, he could probably go back there to find it. Just then he hears the familiar tones of NightHound laughing gleefully and decides it's time to scarper. He decided that while he was out of the headquarters he'd go back and look for that sword - NightHound would be running around like a maniac for hours yet so he has plenty of time to look around. He goes out to the stables and has a quick look - all the horses were somewhere else but there was a camel stood around doing nothing. He was sure Archy wouldn't mind him borrowing it, and he felt like getting some fresh air so a car was no good. He hopped on the camel and started a brisk trot toward his destination.

He got there a lot easier this time. The street still looked nice even though the trees had lost their leaves, and the weather had taken a turn for the worse. He made his way inside and headed up to the office. He'd only been here a few days before but the place seemed even more rickety if that was even possible in such a short space of time. He scans the walls and to his dismay there is no sword - he can clearly see that the light coming through the window stained the paintwork behind the desk in the shape of a sword though so he knew it had at least been here. It must be somewhere here - if DeadlyTyrantSin valued this sword as much as he said he did, he never would've taken it into a war he thought he might lose. With that in mind, DeadlySin started to explore more of the place. He'd already searched the office for hours so he knew it wasn't in there. After searching for several hours and coming up with nothing, Deadly is about to give up. Just then, he is walking across a rug on the ground floor and he notices his footstep makes a 'thud' noise. Intrigued, DeadlySin grabs hold of an edge and pulls the rug back across the room. His eyes light up when he spots a trapdoor right there. There's no lock on it, Deadly just pulls it open and climbs down the stairs.

The room underneath is completely pitch black. Deadly stumbles and fumbles around, crashing into things until he finds a lightswitch. He lifts his arm up to cover his eyes from the sudden brightness, allowing himself a short time for his eyes to adjust. Once his eyes were adjusted he looked around. He had hoped for some secret stashed away treasures, some priceless artifacts or some stuff that was worth millions of dollars. There was none of that though. In the whole room, there was just a table in the middle which had the sword laying on it. Deadly walks over to the table to look closer. The sword had an Eagle's head carved out of ivory for it's pommel, the rest of the hilt inlaid with gold and jewels. It truly was a sight to behold, and Deadly completely understood why DeadlyTyrantSin had valued it so highly. He picked up the sword and felt it's weight in his hand - it was truly a masterpiece. Even with all the jewels adorning it, they did not get in the way whilst holding it. Deadly was incredibly happy that he'd found what he was looking for, but he couldn't help but be disappointed that this was all that was down here. A whole room to store anything in, and it's entire contents a table and a sword. Deadly smiles to himself. He's sure if this sword could talk it would have all kinds of stories to tell. He had a few hours until NightHound would be done streaking, so he made his way back to the streets to see if anyone has any more questions.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Ask me anything
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL