Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 17:48:55
Page:  1 
A Better Way? Started by: Winter on Dec 07, '14 01:32

Winter strolled the streets. The snow that glistened with the moonlight always made her feel calmer. The wintery cold in Chicago was beautiful to her. She gazed at the street lights and the Christmas decorations that were on the local homes and businesses. Slowing her pace she noticed some people lurking around with hot coffee in styrofoam cups milling around. Nodding to them as she passed by. Her goal was the ice rink. There was a lovely stage there so she kept walking for a few more minutes.

Arriving at the ice rink she took a moment to gather her thoughts. The lights twinkled off the ice. The decorations were also beautiful here. The local businesses that supported this rink really outdone themselves this year. Smiling she wandered over to the stage. Coughing a little to get the attention of the skaters and onlookers. 

"Evening. Lovely night tonight isn't it?"

Winter brushed her dark locks from her face and smiled in her next door neighbor kind of way.

"I am sure many of you have heard the god awful saying of "Rank up and do something" whenever people are unhappy with their upper structures. Personally I find this saying such a waste of time. Sure you could go that route but there is always someone willing to shoot you for supposedly going rogue. Clearly this option is not working.

So what else is there? Perhaps finding leaders that can take a look at things from another angle rather than their own. Sure they deserve the respect to run things the way they want, but there are certain leaders that can incorporate the ideas of their members. Then there are others that don't do a fucking thing. Pardon my french. The stubborn ones that won't listen to anything. "

Stifling a cough with a sip from her whiskey flask. Feeling the burn from the liquid as she savored the taste.

" I suppose I am asking the masses what they think. Would it be preferable to rogue or to have leaders that could communicate and listen to their members? I have spoken on my stance. I am curious about your own."

Winter moved swiftly to sit on the edge of the stage. Some always told her that her curiosity would get the better of her but she found herself unable to control the desire to learn the thoughts of other mobsters in the community.

Report Post Tip

Several months ago (over a year, possibly) they did what was called the Las Vegas Experiment, where the city of Las Vegas was turned over to anybody who could get permission from their bosses and who could afford to set up. The city was walled off, essentially, save for the people who set up there. Honestly, I wish they'd bring that back. Would be a good way to get rid of the rogue elements.

Report Post Tip

Rogues are rogues. There's no glory and or honor in the action, really. It's just entertainment, watching from afar or hunting said rogue down and a bit of schadenfreude, sad to say(maybe?). 

I don't think many leaders take a poll of their members opinions before taking every action. As many response to actions happen very quickly and there isn't much time to take a poll. However, I'm sure there's a lot of interaction between leaders and members now and a lot is taken into consideration when it comes to their Headquarters. Then, of course, there are leaders who are absent and just don't care to hear anyone else but a select few in their inner circle.

I'd personally prefer one who interacts with their members, takes time to reach out to them when possible. Also, why not include the members thoughts in family decisions when its not so time sensitive? However nowadays, even time sensitive situations can be analyzed by the trusted members fairly quickly with rapid modes of communication.

Praefectus

I'd like to see that too. It was interesting and also added some value of entertainment to the rest of the nation while they watched on. However, I don't think that'd rid the rogue element. There's nothing that'll rid the rogue element. It'll be an ongoing issue for eternity.

Report Post Tip

I can see where you think that but it doesn't eliminate those already set up elsewhere that someone may not like. At least I don't see how it does. Not everyone wants to join experiments for the fact that it is sometimes a waste of their own resources for a death due to suspicions.

Report Post Tip

I was a made man about the time of the original Vegas experiment, and that account died a day before I was set to go join due to a war my city I was leaving got into. I already had my alliances set up, and we had our power-plays ready to do. It's Game of Thrones-esque to watch all the intrigue.

Report Post Tip

Praefectus

I'm not sure I follow you. Your claiming you were reborn from an account? Sounds really interesting, however I think you should visit the clinic for a case of mild OOCitis. However, I think I may have gotten the jist of what you are saying. Yeah, this is an interesting nation with a lot of situations that call for a lot of thought and devious plays.

Report Post Tip

Thank you Dominick. I appreciate your stance since it is similar to my own. I do realize some things are time sensitive but on some account those time sensitive decisions can cost you some of your members opinions regardless. And I hate to say it but leaders are nothing without their members to protect them and offer up their money for their BG trains, HQ forts etc. In short, a leader can't do everything on their own.

I feel the leaders that include their members are less likely to have rogues. However, there are the leaders that spout out "Rank up and do something about it" in the streets. As I said that is fine and dandy but does that really make someone a rogue? If society tells them to do something are they not only following the advice they have been given? As stupid as it may seem.

Report Post Tip

You're right. Leaders are nothing without their members.. Though, members too are nothing without their leaders. The roof, the tattoo and firepower the leader is packing along with their associated alliances provides a enormous amount of benefits. So, one cannot live without the other and vice versa. 

A leader can't do everything on their own, correct. However at times, they must. That's why we, when selecting our course in starting off in this world should try to educate ourselves in who is representing what and how they run things. 

Leaders can include their members in every little thing and still inadvertently produce a rogue. Rogues rise from individuals, I think it's a deep seeded trait in a person. The rogue gene and tendency is hard wired. Rogues gonna rogue, they're loose cannons and their children carry the gene. 

Even popes of past had rogues rise from their ranks. No matter what, rogues will rage, rogues gonna rogue.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Better Way?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL