Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 15:51:05
Page:  1 
On Families & Crews Started by: Adz on Dec 08, '14 01:04

I'm from a little ways back, when First_lastname was a necessity. I remember the game revolved around Families, and within those families there were crews. It seems now the game revolves around crews, and the family element is more a coupling of crews within a city.

First I just want to clarify before going further, so is this now the case?

Cheers guys.

Report Post Tip

depends on the city/district/crew. I run my district as a family divided into crews, some run it as crews divided into families... its all a matter of who and where you look at.

Report Post Tip

One of the joys of MR is that you can roleplay it whatever way you wish.... or at least those with the power to make those types of decisions can. Some cities will be unity as one family, some districts within cities will be rivals and dislike each other. Some crews will be closely connected to others under family ties, others will be completely separate and independent from everyone else. Sometimes the bonds that exist will be very open and visible for all to see, other times they only exist behind closed doors and people may not be aware that they exist at all.

The game doesn't dictate these things, the players do. So... is this now the case? It depends what city/district/family/crew you join. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. 

Report Post Tip

Interesting, and cheers. It's always been role-played however you wish, yet back in the day the browser/coding was more geared to traditional Families, and within those families there were their own crews, drawn up and structured with HQ threads. The fact the menu title itself is 'crew', shows the change, which I should've realised :)

I see how this gives more space and opportunity for original role-play, yet how it also might have these sub-crews setup as their own thing a little different than a full blown family.

It seems I have joined a crew within a family then! Cheers for the responses.

Report Post Tip

I've played this game for a decade and I do not recall a single period in which First_Lastname was a necessity.

Report Post Tip
^^^same. I've really never recalled anyone that went by that if he means true name. Other than that there has always been the occasional person to use a real mobsters first and last name.

It really all depends where/who you put yourself with. I've been in crews that made there sponsors in charge of there on sub crews. And then those that don't want any part of that and you are just another member and have no say over anyone even if they are your associate. It all depends on who is making the rules and what they implement.
Report Post Tip

Not true name, just format, although now thinking about it I think that was another game, and I just used that same format here, and some did, and some still do.

I like that things are run differently per city, and per family. Makes it more realistic, and of course, opens the avenues for more original RP. The site has actually come a long way since I last played, and I really like it. It caters for the casual gamers and also those that want to give their characters more depth though RP.

Report Post Tip
I wonder if Firstname_Lastname is reserved....Dibs!

I already have GreedyMcgreedface.

But on to the point, SamTheAmericanEagle was probably the most famous name on the predecessor to this game and im not sure but I believe the muppet's links to cosa nostra are skeptical at best.
Report Post Tip

I disagree. He had a pocketful of nacho's, and this, I would say, made him legit! Just ask the salsa.

Report Post Tip
Ads. I think that it has changed for the better since when we first started walking the streets. Heck I remember a time when all you could do was petties, drugs and kill. The best thing was the two hour travel time no matter where you flew. Yet, that was on the original site. Definitely a completely different world from then to now.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: On Families & Crews
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL