Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 15:39:38
Page:  1 
Goodfellas, Bad Decisions Started by: Sydney on Dec 08, '14 17:42

Sydney yawned as she sat on a bench in a quiet park, two of her most trusted bodyguards at her side. She was always amazed at how quiet this place was seeing as it was right off of a main street. It had been awhile since she was able to sit back and actually relaxed. The past couple weeks had been nothing short of hectic, which was saying a lot since her life had been fairly nonstop since she stepped up as Head of Paradise. She leaned back and watched as people strolled by, coming up with little life stories for them. She chuckled to herself. Sydney closed her eyes and took a deep breath, when all of a sudden there was a searing pain radiating through her head.

"What the hell was that?!"

She opened her eyes to see a rather large rock sitting in her lap and blood trickling down her face. Grabbing her gun from her hip as she stood up she scanned the scenery and saw a young kid running away. Her bodyguards close on his heels, it wasn't long before they tackled him and brought him back to her. The boy was kicking and screaming like a lunatic.

"You are a horrible person" ... "You will die, I promise you that" ... "Get ready, we will take you out" ... "You killed my dad and his friends for no reason" ... "You are 303"

The kid just kept on and kept on, not even stopping for a breath. Sydney just stood there, head tilted eye brow raised, staring at him. She could tell that he was absolutely furious with her but he was just a kid. He obviously just lost people very important to him.. and with that the anger that welled up inside of her died down. She looked at the kid and shook her head. It was time she addressed the situation, before it got even more out of hand. Who knew when or if the rocks and mails would be replaced with bullets and whispers.... She nodded at her bodyguards and they released the kid, who quickly looked at her with anger and took off running. Sydney sighed and slowly walked to the corner that so many people stood before.

"Ladies, Gentlemen and Kyubey... and especially those that lost their loved ones just over 24 hours ago.

I'm here today to hopefully fill some of you in on why The Goodfellas were removed from Las Vegas. Since the very beginning I had some issues with select members of this family, but I believed that some things were better off talking out than resorting to burying people that I truly cared about. I felt it would unite us even more and would lead to a stronger city. In most cases I would like to think that is still true, in this case.. I was wrong.

I feel like there were a few things that led up to what happened yesterday.. but I also know that most of you really don't care to hear about the dramas of a city you don't reside in. So I won't bore you all here today with it. I will leave it as, things were done and said in the past month or so.. I as Godmother - Chairman of Las Vegas dealt with the situations in a way I saw as fit, and in my mind I was far more lenient than what others in my position would have been.

So I was approached by Don AdumbT yesterday and he requested my blessing for him to step down because he felt like he didn't have the time to commit to running a family. As reluctant as I was, I agreed to it and respected him for being honest about not being able to juggle his life outside of business and the family. We spoke briefly about it all, he asked what would become of his family... I told him that they would all be moved to another family. I knew how tight knit they were, and wanted to make this as smooth as possible. He asked if I had somebody who could step up, I said yes. We still had a month before he would be going away so I felt safe in going out for some drinks.

Last night I received notice.. luckily I wasn't in bed yet and was actually still out enjoying the night with my Right Hand. We were informed there were urgent matters to be discussed and I needed to meet them at a coffee shop across town. I was kind of.. tied up.. at the moment and told them I couldn't meet them right that second and asked what was going on. I was then told it was nothing and when I got home The Goodfellas upper structure wanted to meet with me. I pushed for them to tell me what was going on, they started ignoring not only me but RW. Which wasn't anything new, but worried me because they had said it was "urgent". We quickly finished up our evening and headed over to the coffee shop.

We were immediately hit with anger. Ligambi and Gambino insisted on knowing why I was not authing somebody from within that family instead of RW. They directly told me to auth one of them, I said no. Which was met with "we will have the family, even if it's not in Las Vegas". I, of course, asked what they meant by that and was told outright that I auth somebody within that family, we did throw a couple names from the family which where shut down by them, or they will all move elsewhere. I told them that they can't just up and move like that, it's not how things work. Not only would that be stepping on my toes but stepping on the toes of others. That doing that would lead to their death, with or without my permission.

It was about that time that I received word that Ligambi was approaching other leaders asking if they would take them in. That they were unhappy with their current situation.

I tried to talk them down, explaining that they can't just demand auth and flat out told them the reasons I wouldn't be authing them or anybody else in that family. Lack of experience and loyalty, not to mention they were failing at running the family already. Gambino was even offered a spot as Right Hand to RW, where he could gain more experience in leading a family and in the future would take over the family. This wasn't enough.

They turned to insulting me and my Right Hand, as their Don sat there watching them. Letting them speak this way to their Godmother. But again, I wasn't surprised by this.. it was becoming very clear that this family was disintegrating. AT was no longer CL he was just there keeping up appearances for Ligambi. They felt they deserved the family, not a shocker. Ligambi felt like he deserved the family when I authed AT. He voiced this on multiple occasions. They argued they put in mass amounts of work and money into Las Vegas. Odd, seeing as I never received a dime from that family and was under the impression they were struggling and needing help learning how to make money. I even sent some of my own people over to mentor their members. They said they put in more time and effort than my Right Hand. Who has been here since DAY ONE. Poured hundreds of millions of his own money directly into the city. When asked what they had done to help build Las Vegas as a whole, neither could give an answer. That is because they weren't in this for Las Vegas. They were in this for themselves. THAT is why I was planning to auth outside of the family.

After all compromises failed, and I knew we finally reached a point of no return... I chose to remove a few of the key members. Ligambi, Gambino and a couple others that I knew without doubt would put up a fight. I then told Don AdumbT the reasons why and why he was left standing even though him not reigning his members in, something I've asked him to do many times before, could have easily led to death... that was simply because I wanted to see that family survive this. I wanted to avoid as many deaths as I could. 

It wasn't long before I started receiving mails from remaining members shouting their loyalty.. not to Las Vegas... not to me.. not even to AdumbT... but to Joe Ligambi. It was very clear at that moment why these people refused to talk to me when I mailed them, when I reached out to them.. because the very person that I gave so many chances to despite is obvious hate for me, was in fact poisoning my city against me. I told all of them that asked why Ligambi and Gambino were removed. They said they were told I was a liar and not to listen to anything I said.. and that they refuse to stay here. They then, with AdumbT's authorization, opened fire on Las Vegas. They were then removed.

I know those of you directly affected by this are going to scoff at what I've said... and that's okay. You are going to believe what you want. I can argue until I'm blue in the face with you but that will just be a waste of time. I can offer a bit of advice though.. break free of it. If one person has you believing that your loyalty is with them and not your crew leader, city and Godmother... then they are a cult leader and you are sipping their tainted whiskey. I didn't make your mother or father choose to follow somebody that threatened me and my city. They chose that path, not me. I tried reaching out to every single one of them, and was turned down on multiple occasions. I suggest you learn from their mistakes and not skip down the same beaten path, because I'm telling you right now.. at the end of all this, if you don't take a different path, you will arrive at the same destination."

Report Post Tip

Gratitude to Sydney for taking an internal and sensitive affair and making it sharable for the masses. I hope others are inspired to do the same should they find themselves in similar circumstances. Often times incidents such as these go unspoken, with leaders holding fucking tongue out of fear of divulging too much information, fear of public scrutiny or scorn, or sometimes just out of pure laziness.  Fucking SLOTHS!!!  Let Sydney's words here today serve as fucking example to others!  Is Sydney or her district any worse off due to Sydney sharing her tale in the streets?  No.  One could even suggest she is perhaps better off for doing so. 

May those whose blood was spilled in the sands of Las Vegas find peace in the afterlife.  Hail Batiatus.

Report Post Tip

Leaflet makes his first ever public apprence, standing behind his God Mother, hearing the words she spoke

"What is done, is done people choice to live there life how they wish on these streets, freewill you can call it, there are laws set down by certian leaders of our world, you chose your home with those rules, you can abide by them if not, short life simple as that, let it be known that the day these events occured was a sad day, few men rallyed unhappy with the laws they chose to follow, is this Sydneys fault no, they made the choices let it be so"

RIP to those who fell, there is no bad blood between lines, just poor choices made in past lifes

Report Post Tip

Hearing what had been said, thinking to myself whether or not he should break his silence in the streets since his father and then says,

Well  Sydney seems you handled the situation better then some would have handled it myself included, However its like my father KingDemon and GF Jericho had said "Vegas has its way of fucking everyone."

With that he lights a cigarette and walks away wondering the old streets his father once knew.

Report Post Tip

Thank you Godmother Sydney for coming out here to explain to us what went on in Vegas even though most of us do not need to know but it shows us what type of leader you are and in my eyes you deserve even more respect then you already have.

Now from what you explained to us you could have easy removed them because of past disagreements but instead tryed to work with them to build your city very noble indeed. You put aside petty disagreements for the betterment of Vegas as a whole that is something i myself admire in you and the fallen kin of those would best do to take note of.

Again Godmother thank you for explaining and i wish you the best in rebuilding your city.

Report Post Tip

Thank you Godmother Sydney for the reasoning regarding the removal of Don AdumbT and his Made Men.

I have personally spoken to you about it often. I try to help you the best I can with advice and and I'm glad you have made this decision here. With the way you have been treated and the abuse you put up with, all while trying to remain civil.. Well, it isn't for everyone. I personally would not have had as much patience as you, Godmother Sydney.

The fact that there was a "Clique" of sorts within a family under your command that refused to listen to you.. Well, it was absurd. You are the Godmother of Las Vegas. Your word is law.

I'm sorry to see things couldn't be resolved peacefully but I do agree wholeheartedly with your decisions. I hope you and Las Vegas continue to do well and build off of this experience.

Rest in Peace to the fallen.

Report Post Tip

I can recall not long ago saying the words "Believe what you want" and I was looked down upon and called a liar.  I come from old school where respect is earned.  And dictatorship is not the way of the mafia. 

Report Post Tip

Please forgive my manners. RIP to those who have fallen.

Report Post Tip

Sydney scratched her tilted head as she stared at the woman standing in front of her. She thought for a few moments before pointing her finger as if she remembered something.

Odd, because I don't remember ever speaking to you.... although, I do remember speaking to a woman who looks vaguely similar to you concerning her daughter that committed suicide.

I will admit I did put off an attitude as if I was "looking down on her", but that wasn't due to any form of dictatorship or from a lack of "respect". It was due to the fact that when I approached her in hopes of finding out just what happened to her daughter, because I wanted to make things right, I was instead given a "better than you" attitude.

Instead of actually telling me what happened she talked in riddles and tried telling me how much I fail at leading a city and how I was completely blind to everything. Well.. when people won't talk to me when I approach them in hopes of fixing a situation, how can they bitch about me being blind?

I don't remember ever calling the woman a liar though, the only thing I disagreed with her about was her thoughts on me as a leader. If you are referring to why I didn't just fling myself at her and thank her profusely for opening my eyes about something.. well, she never did actually give me any examples of what she was going on about. I can't act upon things when I'm not being told what it is that needs acting upon. From my understanding all the issues that concerned the woman and her daughter, that I hadn't already addressed, happened out of my line of sight. So unless I was told about them, there is absolutely no way I could know about it. Unless of course I acted like the dictator and tyrant that I keep being referred as and start demanding that all mails and other forms of communication must be passed through me so I can ensure that I am no longer blind to things going on behind closed doors.

Sydney shook her head and frowned at the woman..

It really seems to me that many people need to bush up on their vocabulary, and history, so they can truly understand what a dictator and tyrant is.

Report Post Tip

Hermione noted the separate address  of Kyubey in the Godmother's speech. Could it be that this woman also recognized the truth about the masquerading creature?

She pondered how best to bring up the issue. Surely she'd need to make some kind of appointment to discuss this issue.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Goodfellas, Bad Decisions
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL