Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 11:29:14
Page:  1 
Putting In Work Started by: Vincent_Gigante on Dec 16, '14 21:28

Some time had passed since Vincent the Chin Gigante was last seen on the streets. He had been Laying low from a recent truck hijacking, The hijacking had done exactly what he had hoped it would. The job had strengthened the bond to his crew. The Chin was starting to make a name for himself with his numerous rackets, from his sports book to the numbers game and even his shy business. The Chin seemed to be an old school practitioner of traditional mob rackets.

Feeling the love in his new crew Vincent had been putting in a lot of work with Vincenzo. Vincenzo was a short, stocky guy known for his quick wit and immense knowledge of this thing of ours.

Under Vincenzo’s instructions Vincent called to see a building contractor. The Hudson Bay Company owned a haulage company.  Phili-Stein wanted the builder to use the family’s firm but so far the builder had been unresponsive to their requests. Vincent the Chin Gigante knew that this was yet another opportunity for him to step up and shine. Gigante knowing that changing the contractors mind would endear him to his captain, set out to the contractors site on the other side of town.

When The chin arrived he walked into the contractor's office and noticed two overweight men in their late 40’s behind a desk studying plans and drawings. Vincent closed the door behind him. Both men looked up.

“Joe Del Vecchio?”

The guy on the right nodded.

“I want to talk to you about your choice of haulage company. Now, I can recommend using  The Hudson Bay Company as your primary hauling provider. We can guarantee-”

“Va fanculo! No deal, goombah. Get off my site.”

“You know who I represent?”

“Tell Phili-Stein to fuck off.”

“Now get off my site.”

Gigante thought to himself, then and there that he was going to put a bullet in that guy’s skull. He knew though that Phili-Stein would be be better of with cash then a body.

“Thats a real shame you say that”

Vincent lit a cigarette. As he left the office he muttered, “A real shame.”

A week later Joe Del Vecchio was dining in a restaurant with his mistress. He tried to see this girl whenever he could. Has to be careful though, Madonna, if his wife found out then the family life he prided himself on would turn to shit. He knew exactly how Olympia would react. She would be on the next boat back to the old country, and taking the twins with her. But he couldn't resist chasing the skirt. The pasta fazule was on form and the wine was flowing.

Joe Del Vecchio tried to listen to the pianist over the chatter of the other diners. It was a sad tune that his mother used to play. Candle light glowed from the tables giving the place a cozy yet romantic feel. He sipped his wine. Life was hard but sometimes, on nights like this, it also seemed wonderful.

Del Vecchio asked for the bill. The waiter nodded and returned a minute later. When joe opened the bill he gasped. Instead of the bill with its list of food dishes and bottles of vino, there was  a handwritten note. It read: Your bill has been settled, with my compliments. Please reconsider your choice of hauling companies. Perhaps Mrs Del Vecchio would be more responsive to our requests. I trust I can rely on your co-operation.

Del Vecchio jumped to his feet and looked around the small restaurant as Vincent closed the door behind him and moved out into the night.

The next day Joe Del Vecchio took out the haulage contract with The Hudson Bay Company.

Vincent the Chin Gigante would look back on this moment as a major victory for him and his crew. He avoided bloodshed and got the job done. He knew he had pleased his superiors with

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

The streets were alive, and there was a real buzz about them tonight. Not that they were ever really quiet. There was always something going on in the streets. From the smell of freshly ground coffee from the coffee shops and the chatter that rang out into the crowds of people passing by. To the music often overheard playing from the local restaurants where mistresses were kept entertained in the candlelit shadows. To numerous known and unknown people standing on soap boxes, shouting to people as they walked through, in an attempt to be heard, and seen, in this life of ours.

Sometimes some would capture the attention of many with their charisma and well thought out speeches. Sometimes, well, let’s just say you wouldn’t even flick some a dime, even if your pockets were stuffed to the brim. Some that spoke held the attention and respect of the community, and some, made the limelight in all the wrong ways.

But tonight. Tonight was good. I was feeling it.

I liked to walk the streets in silence although tonight my stomach was speaking so loud I could poke it with an ice pick and send it six feet under. I needed to get back to Philly, and the next plane out wasn’t for a good while.

John Rosa had me putting in work, and having fulfilled my duties I needed a mattress. I needed a place to lay low. To let the heat die down before I could even make it back to South Philly.

Everything went smooth. I did what I was asked and I never asked for more than I needed to know. I’m a small fish in a big fuckin’ pond, and I’m happy with that. Work filled my pockets, and those pockets would silence this ever growing growling in my gut. Hungry was an understatement.

I had been at it all day. I followed him awhile to make sure we were alone before I drew Mrs Mayhem and sent him on his way. I loved the cold steel of her body, and she responded in kind by keeping me safe, and well fed.

I eventually came across a place and as I passed the window I peered inside. It was dimly lit, and I made out the figure of a man standing, looking out of sorts amongst the relaxed environment. The key strokes of the piano rang out and it reminded me of a record my uncle use to play. I missed him dearly.

The music called to me so I made my way closer to the window, where I got the sense it was a romantic and cosy place. It seemed like the kind of place I would take a mistress if I didn’t want my wife knowing about it. Instead, I liked the simple things in life, and I held the thought that somewhere a steak had my name written all over it. Somewhere, but not here.

Regardless, the nostalgic feeling of my uncle still present and my churning insides had me making steps toward the door. I always thought he was with me at certain times, like he was guiding me about this life of ours. I knew it sounded weird, but I really felt him with me and I swore I smelt the cigars he use to smoke about me. Mainly after a few whisky’s when I was in a certain kind of mood.

As I reached to pull at the door handle it suddenly swung open. It nearly clean took me out and back to my childhood. It caught me unawares. Not usually like me, as I usually pay more attention to my environment. The excuse could be had with a big hulking figure of a man attached to the end of it. Having forced it open it caught me in the shoulder and sent me to the ground.

Lovely, I thought. Dust and pebbles wasn’t exactly what I expected to be on the menu tonight, even if it wasn’t a juicy steak. As I began picking myself up, I noticed a hand outstretched toward me. As I peered up I noticed the figure standing there offering me a means to get to my feet.

He definitely had the body of a heavyweight boxer, I thought to myself, and instinctively grabbed his hand and let his strength guide me upwards and back on my feet. I had boxed under the guidance of my uncle as a kid, nothing serious, but I got to meet people of his figure. The roughness of his hand as it gripped mine confirmed it for me.

Catching first glimpse of the man I initially noticed a protruding chin. I then noticed he was wearing what looked like a fine Italian suit. As I dusted myself off I noticed him peering back over his shoulder and into the restaurant, as if looking for someone, or something.
I fixed at my suit jacket, then positioned my fedora back squarely on my crown. I fastened it slightly forward and tipped the brim in a downward motion in his direction.

“Thanks for the hand.” I remarked, certainly peeved yet his figure had me quietly reserved. I was never the outspoken type anyway. Some would even call me quiet. Yet, those that knew me would know better than to think I was anything but, especially when it came to this life of ours. I spoke in other ways.

He just looked at me, and I couldn't help but notice his chin again. Not wanting to make anything of it I began to excuse myself.

“I’m a little starved, so if you’ll excuse me.”

I just wanted to get something to eat, quietly, and find a mattress. I didn’t want my work to catch up with me. Least of all I didn’t want to deal with this guy, as his frame would only be going down with a rain of bullets. Fitting though, I thought to myself, as the piano in the background would make a great backdrop for anyone leaving this life.

The thought quickly subsided as my mind was focused on other things beside drawing more heat and rubbing people not to mention of districts the wrong way. Food. And a mattress. I thought, as I began moving to walk past him before his stocky arm stopped me dead in my tracks.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Having just made a quick retreat out of the restaurant, Vincent Gigante felt the door jolt as he accidently knocked a young well-dressed man to ground. He didn’t mean to, he didn’t even see him. As soon as he could he offered the man a hand and as he pulled him to his feet, Vincent sized the young but solid man up quickly hoping he wouldn't have to use some of his infamous boxing skills.

He noticed the man wore a fine Italian pin-striped suit, much to his acceptance, and a black fedora to match. Vincent saw the man was in a hurry to get outta there, and so was he, but he reached out with his hulking arm to stop the young man. Gigante opened his mouth and said:

“Let’s walk and talk. You look like someone I can help. No need to eat at a place like this, we can sort something else out.”

Strolling down the bustling New York streets a rushed introduction of sorts took place between the two. Feeling badly for having scuffed Adz’s suit and dinner plans Gigante told him about a steak house he owned and operated. It wasn’t far, and out of their conversation he noted that Adz needed a place to eat and lay low.

"I know you're in a rush to get back home to Philly but before you go, I want you to come by my place and have a meal on the house. It’s the least I can do for you. I also have a spot you can stay in for a while till you need to leave."

Before parting ways from their brief walk and talk Gigante reached into his pocket and pulled out a wad of hundred dollar bills. Before Adz could even put two and two together the Chin was handing him twenty one hundred dollar bills.

“I know suits like ours ain’t cheap my friend. You take care and I hope to see you in my place soon.”

With that he patted Adz on the shoulder with his strong arm, before quickly making his way through the crowded streets and disappearing amongst the people.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Word has started to filter back to the Hudson Bay headquarters that Vincent The Chin Gigante had managed to pull off somewhat of a coup, plans were already being drawn up to lay Joe Del Vecchio to rest, both Philli-Stein and Vincenzo grew tired of Joe's reluctance to sign a contract with the Hudson Bay Company Philli especially as he had known the man for a number of years and thought they had an understanding..

"He's got to the end of the day if by then he still wont cooperate you know what to do" Philli said to Vincenzo in a somewhat agitated tone, Vincenzo looked at his boss deep in thought for a few moments when he had an idea, "you know boss we have a quite a few new associates all eager to make a name for themselves, we could always send one of them to try and change Joe's mind what have we got to lose?" Vincenzo said whilst still deep in thought, Philli thought about it for a few moments then asked "Im listening who do you have in mind?" looking back at Vincenzo, Philli seemed intrigued "Well I was thinking of giving the job to Vincent_Gigante as you know he has been earning well for the family so maybe time to see what else he is capable of, after all he does have a presence about him" Vincenzo said as he watched his boss ponder the idea, after giving it some thought Philli decided to run with the idea "Ok get it sorted but tell Chin he got 24hrs after that you know what has to be done".

Later that evening Vincenzo received a message from another one of his associates it seems the Chin had somehow pulled it off, after reading the note Vincenzo sent word he wanted to see the Chin, after about an hour Vincent_Gigante arrived at the headquarters a huge smile on his face "All sorted boss i dont think we'll have anymore problems with Joe Del Vecchio he seemed quite helpful in the end" Chin said as he handed the signed contract to Vincenzo, "seems i made the right choice Philli will be happy, keep your head down and keep doing what you are doing and im sure you will go a long way with us" replied Vincenzo as he patted Gigante on the back "You have done us a great service here and it wont be forgotten".

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Putting In Work
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL