Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 06:44:22
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
The Christmas Party To Top All Others Started by: Morte_Rossa on Dec 22, '14 22:07

Morte_Rossa was about to find out just how much work it takes to plan a Christmas Party. She had had the idea to throw one for quite awhile, but she didn't know for sure how many people would actually attend! So she set to work, making an outline of what she needed to do, what she needed to buy, how she wanted the invitations to look and who all she wanted to invite. She knew she wanted to invite everyone in The Loop, but she had some strays from other districts that she wanted to invite, like AverySunburstHaven and WongDongDuck from North Side, Maria, Spraker and PaulHeyman from Suburbs, and Maeve, Whor-able, Spunky, Roman and WorBomb from South Side.

The first task would be getting the okay from Ajani to throw the party at Fort Alara Headquarters, so she walked up to her bosses office, knocked on the slightly-open door, pushed it open and asked sweetly, "Ajani? Can I throw a Christmas party here in the party room?"

Surprisingly, he instantly agreed that a party sounded like a great idea, but that he was too busy to help with the planning. She reassured him that she had it all under control, and thanked him for saying it was okay. She left his office, and went to her room to get her shoes and coat on.

To conquer the second task, she set out to an Office-type store to buy a few sets of invitation paper and some new pens to write with, along with the envelopes to put them in. Then she bought about 100 stamps at the register, then went back to the Headquarters to send out the invitations to everyone that she hoped would attend.

The invitations read:

You have been cordially invited to

The Christmas Party To Top All Others

This event is being planned by: Morte_Rossa

Day: December 23rd

Time: 10:00PM to 1:00AM

Please wear nice attire, and bring a present to be given out in a Secret Santa Event at the beginning of the party!

After sending out all of the invites, she then began a list of food, snacks and drinks that would be needed for the party. She had already visited Avery's Pie Factory in Detroit to order thirteen pies, and she would pick them up in a couple hours, so she checked dessert off the list, and then went on her way again to rent a caterer. After finishing up with the caterer, she then went to an underground speak-easy to rent a bartender for the event. She surprised herself with the ease that she was completing these tasks, and thought to herself, maybe this won't be so tough after all.

Finishing up with the more complicated part of the list, she set off to complete the task of renting a band.

Rossa went to a local bar that was famous for the bands that they brought in to perform.

Luck must have been with her because when she got there, there was a live band performing, so she walked up to them and asked if they would be interested in performing at a Christmas Party that she was throwing in about 24 hours! They surprisingly agreed immediately to attend the party and grace everyone with their music. In her own mind, Rossa was doing a happy dance as she gave the address to the band members and told them that she would see them there at 9:45 PM to help get them set up. She thanked them then walked out of the bar. 

She was about to walk back to the HQ, then remembered she still needed to buy all of the decorations. So she went on her way to a Decor Store to buy sparkly and glittery things to deck out the Headquarters, tablecloths for all of the tables, paper cups and plates for the food, desserts and drinks-of-choice, and random party favors for everyone that was going to attend.

After paying for everything, she walked back to the HQ with all of her bags of necessities, then set on the last task of hanging up all of the decorations, and setting up tables in the room that was specially made for big parties. She lined the tables with the tablecloths, and set the unopened packages of paper plates and cups on the table near the door. She then remembered that there was an extra Christmas tree in a storage closet, so she went to grab it and set it up by where the band would be performing. She found a string of old, but pretty, garland, and wrapped it around the tree. She admired her decorating work, then decided she had done all she could to set up for this party. Now she just had to wait until tomorrow, when she could begin planning the outfit she would wear, and then begin welcoming people into the party.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $500,000 Tip

As soon as Giddeon got his invitation he started planning what he was going to wear and to see who else had received an invitation he went to his closet and pulled out his best suit and his nice dress shoes and set them on his ironing board he would iron them out later that night he then called his friend Elsa to see if she was coming

Report Post Tip

With a grin Maeve opens the invitation, happy and a little surprised to be singled out by name to attend. She isn't overly big on fancy dresses, or dresses at all, but it did say formal attire. She searches through her closet to find something suitable for the party. Now to find some matching shoes... That would prove more challenging than she had hoped.

Report Post Tip

TIIYAH had received a mail with the sender noted on the back, it was from her good friend Rossa!, she just knew from looking at the envelope that it was going to be able something fun. Opening the envelope she read: 

You have been cordially invited to

The Christmas Party To Top All Others

This event is being planned by: Morte_Rossa

Day: December 23rd

Time: 10:00PM to 1:00AM

Please wear nice attire, and bring a present to be given out in a Secret Santa Event at the beginning of the party!

How exciting she thought to herself. TIIYAH quickly set off to find her the perfect by very playful outfit, after spending hours hunting, she finally found one right at the back of the shop she was in, it was almost hidden from everyone. "WONDERFUL" she shouted, scaring half the customers in that shop. She paid for the outfit, she then went and got her hair, nail and make-up did. she set up everything all ready for when she got back from work to ensure she wasn't going to be late.

Report Post Tip

After getting the band set up, and checking with the caterer, who had just shown up with all of the food, Morte_Rossa went up to her bedroom to quickly put on her red dress and high heels, refresh her makeup and hair, and then run back downstairs to start welcoming the guests that would hopefully be arriving quickly.

She checked the party room one more time to make sure that everything was in the right place, then checked with the bartender to make sure she had everything she needed and had gotten everything set up alright. It looked to Rossa like everything ready so she went to the front room of the HQ to start meeting the guests as they showed up to the party.

Report Post Tip

Vorst knew this was a good moment to show his face and formally introduce himself to the high and mighty of the mobster society. Especially hoping to find likely minded individuals. He also understood the rareness of the occasion, as a mobster of his rank would not get invited by party thrown by Morte_Rossa on a weekly basis.

“How is my bowtie looking?”, he asked the nervously shaking errand boy he took with him on his trip to Chicago.

“F-f-f-fine sir”, the boy replied, completely unsure about his sudden role of being the clothing expert.

“I need to acquire some decent help when the next few deals go my way”, Vorst mumbled to himself while he shook his head looking at the young kid.

In the meanwhile Vorst was nervous about his own presentation at the esteemed party of Morte_Rossa. He rehearsed his lines once more in front of the long mirror he was looking into.

“Looks like you pulled it off again Vorst”, he spoke out loud as he was trying to encourage himself, whilst he was lacking any real encouragement.

Vorst looked at his best in the dress suit. There were still some rougher traits of him that shone through but all in all he almost looked like a proper gentleman.

“Stay put!”, he shouted to the boy as he left his hotel room on his way to Fort Alara Headquarters. Quietly rehearsing his lines over and over again.

After a brisk walk of about 20 minutes he arrived at the front gates. While he was showing is invitation he admired the Fort Alara Headquarters, it was a mighty place. Soon he stepped through the main doors into the large hall. Vorst completely forgot to close is gaping mouth as he looked at the decorations in amazement.

“Can I pour you a drink good sir?”, a waiter that was almost dressed nicer than Vorst himself asked while passing by.

Quickly Vorst closed his mouth and tried to sound like a man who had a surplus of confidence. “Where can I find the hostess kind sir?”

“Right through here sir”, the waiter responded, pointing in the direction of a large room, “she will be welcoming her guest on the right.”

Vorst tried to maintain the ‘surplus of confidence’ he gathered while talking to the waiter and walked towards the room the waiter had pointed out. Pleasant music from a live band welcomed him as he passed through the opening into the festivities.

“There she is”, Vorst thought out loud as he approach Morte_Rossa.

“Milady, could I have a moment?”, he asked, delighted with the fact that he could muster a calm voice.

Morte_Rossa nodded towards Vorst. He knew that what came next could influence his promising uprising as a young and ambitious gentleman.

“I would like to thank you for the invitation to your wonderful party. The music sounds wonderful, the drinks and company are very nice and the decorations are almost as beautiful as the hostess of the party”, His words rolled fluently of his tongue and the cheeky smile he wore afterwards portrayed how he felt inside. He did not made mess of his first impression. When he excused himself to mingle with the crowd  Morte_Rossa smiled. He even thought he saw a hint of curiosity in her eyes.

This was going to be good night.

Report Post Tip

Finally the guests had started arriving to the party, and she was welcoming them as they came walking into the party room. She was beginning to think only a couple people would show up when a young man walked through the entrance to the room, very attractively dressed, and immediately his eyes went to her.

As he walked up to her he said, "Milady, could I have a moment?"

She said yes, of course, and he continued by saying, "I would like to thank you for the invitation to your wonderful party. The music sounds wonderful, the drinks and company are very nice and the decorations are almost as beautiful as the hostess of the party!”

Morte_Rossa smiled at Vorst and his kind words, and said thank you, as she decided that she would talk to him again before the party was over. After he finished talking, he said goodbye and went on his way to enjoy the festivities.

Report Post Tip

Merry Christmas To each and every one of you in this thing of ours!!

As everyone knows I dislike the street talk it seems you pull me in dammit LOL.

Ok so this is for Rossa’s party hmmm, looks around for BigBlack who is bringing some booze and food.

I brought a tray of fudge and cookies special and not special they are clearly marked!!

Time for dancing and some drinking!

Report Post Tip

"Tish! It's great to see you!" Rossa exclaimed, as Tish walked in through the door into the party. "Glad you could make it!"

Rossa gave Tish a quick hug as Tish asked where BigBlack was, and said that he was bringing booze and food.

"Well, looks like there will be plenty of food and alcohol then, because there is a caterer and bartender here for the event as well! I hope you have a great time, Tish! You look amazing, by the way! I'm sure we will chat later on!"

Tish walked into the party and started greeting the people that had arrived, and then walked over to place her tray of fudge and cookies on the food table with everything else.

Well, can't wait for everyone else to arrive, Rossa thought to herself.

Report Post Tip

Roman has just finished playing his favourite game of Poker with the regular guys and decided to celebrate his recent victory with a bottle of Scotch at Spunky's saloon,while drinking,he accidentaly finds an envelope in his pocket with his name on it.Roman carefully opens it and reads the content.In a couple of seconds he finally realises that his bad gambling habbits made him forget about this night's party in the Loop.

Roman quickly tossed the bottle to the barman,gave him some documents,he had to give to Spunky and leaves the joint in a hurry.He went into his own rocket mobile and left.

While driving the rocket beast,he smells something funny,and no it wasnt rocket gasoline.With all the drinks and the cigars he consumed today Roman smelt like a mixture of alcohol and tobacco.So having no choice Roman was forced to go back to his mansion take a bath and change his bloody clothes.

After dressing up,Roman decides that he has to bring a proper gift for the organiser and after a bunch of dumb ideas he realises that the answer is hidden in her name.So Roman calls one of his henchmen and tells him to find the best flower shop in Chicago and to buy a big bouquet of red roses for his good friend Rossa.

Upon his arrival he meets Rossa at the main entrance kisses her hand like the gentleman he is,gives a sign to his guy to bring the gift hoping Rossa will forgive his forgetfulness.

The moment Roman enters the hall,he makes his way through the crowd of mofos and gets to the bar,drinks 5 shots,2 scotches and heads to the dancing,knowing that he will not remember anything in the morning.

Report Post Tip

Just as Morte_Rossa was thinking no one else would arrive, Roman walked through the entrance to the Fort Alara Headquarters. She greeted him with a huge smile as he walked up, grabbed her hand and kissed it, then signaled something to someone who was still outside. The person, who ended up being a younger boy, brought him a giant bouquet of beautiful red roses that he handed to Roman, who in turn handed them to Rossa.

"Wow, Roman, thank you very much for this amazing gesture!" she said excitedly to Roman. "I really hope you have a lot of fun at this party! You look very nice as well! Please, go enjoy yourself and I'm sure we will chat later on!"

She waved goodbye to him as he walked into the party room, and she saw him walk quickly over to the bar for drinks before the door shut completely behind him.

After Roman departed the room, Rossa walked over to a small table that sat to the left of the front door and set the bouquet of roses down, then walked back over to her place by the party room door to await the next arrival.

Report Post Tip

"I thought the party was over!" , says Worbomb gettin out half sobber of a rented white Rover, and lafin' loudly after turning the engine and loud music off... Slappin' each of the 4 sttippers he was trippin' with, u know where, all the way from LV, he sees Roman tryin to flee half sober too.

Where u were rushin' bro? Come back here! *He snaps his fingers showing the direction of Roman to 2 of the pretty ladies fitted in (very) light Santa's costumes.*

Seein a lil bit tired, 'coz of the organization of the party, and very annoyed Morte by the looks of WB and his company on the entrance of the huge Villa, he said a bullshit excuse, as he always did before: "Sorry 4 bein' a lil bit late Don Morte! Had some technical problems on the road, u know how it is ;p... Merry Christmas to you and party time now!"

Report Post Tip

"I thought the party was over!" , says Worbomb gettin out half sobber of a rented white Rover, and lafin' loudly after turning the engine and loud music off... Slappin' each of the 4 sttippers he was trippin' with, u know where, all the way from LV, he sees Roman tryin to flee half sober too.

Where u were rushin' bro? Come back here! *He snaps his fingers showing the direction of Roman to 2 of the pretty ladies fitted in (very) light Santa's costumes.*

Seein a lil bit tired, 'coz of the organization of the party, and very annoyed Morte by the looks of WB and his company on the entrance of the huge Villa, he said a bullshit excuse, as he always did before: "Sorry 4 bein' a lil bit late Don Morte! Had some technical problems on the road, u know how it is ;p... Merry Christmas to you and party time now!"

Report Post Tip

Morte_Rossa watched as a drunken WorBomb walked in through the front entrance of the HQ. She laughed and waved at him as he stumbled over to her.

"Sorry for bein' a little bit late, Don Morte!" He slurred. "Had some technical problems on the road. You know how it is!"

She laughed because she could tell that there were no technical problems. She definitely new WorBomb all too well. And she could smell the alcohol on his breath and clothes, so she knew he had left another party to come to this one.

"It's okay, Wor. I'm glad you could make it in!" She said nicely. "You will find many various refreshments and food inside the party, and live entertainment, so please, enjoy!"

He nodded at her to acknowledge that he heard her, then said, "Merry Christmas to you and party time now!"

She laughed and said Merry Christmas to him as well, then pointed him to the door that led to the party. He went on his way to drink and have fun with everyone that had arrived, and she turned back to the door to greet the next arrival. She decided that after the next person arrived, she would go in to enjoy the party that she had planned.

Report Post Tip

Ajani loosened his tie and walked out of the office. He had done enough work for tonight and Morte_Rossa had been trying to drag him out of the office for hours. The party was still going quite strong but the real party was just about to begin. Ajani walked down the marble stair case. His fine polished shoes clicked and clacked ever step of the way down. He reached the bottom and most were surprised to see him. He then, whistled to Elspeth his body guard to bring in the finest smuggled wines and alcohol available. He began making his late greetings to everyone.

"Worbomb I am grateful you came, I hope you are enjoying yourself. Morte_Rossa beautiful party you threw I am glad to see it was a smashing hit. Tish, it's about time you got off your feet and relaxed."

He seen a few people next to one of the tables and introduced himself to them as well.

"Roman and Vorst great to see you here and a pleasure to meet you both! Tiiyah glad you are here to keep this party rolling, Maeve watch out I will steal you again! , Giddeon my newest friend and associate welcome!"

Ajani turned to the door as the most beautiful woman walked through the door. Wearing a royal red dress sleek and looking as bright as a shimmering star sparkling in a crystal clear sky. Eyes that could pierce a man's heart in a quick glance. It was Whatsername God Mother of Philadelphia a lady that meant the world to him. He greeted her with a kiss on the hand. 

"Now we can enjoy the holiday festivities my lady."

Report Post Tip

Morte_Rossa walked in to the party room to join everyone after seeing Ajani walk downstairs. He told her she had thrown a beautiful party and that he was glad to see it was a smashing hit. She thanked him just as his eye was averted to the door, and Whatsername walked into the party looking beautiful, so she waved bye to him then walked towards the guests.

She stopped in front of everyone to announce the gift giving event. 

"I have asked that everyone bring a present for a Secret Santa event, and I see the outcome was pretty great!" she announced, pointing over to the table that had a huge pile of presents on it. "Everyone please make your way over to the table and grab a present. If you happen to grab the one you brought in, just grab another and put yours back on the table! Thank you all for coming and enjoy the festivities!"

Rossa walked over to the table to grab a present for herself, a small, circle-shaped present. She opened it to see a lapel pin, in the shape of a pink heart.

I wonder who brought that.. she wondered to herself.. But then again that's the joy of Secret Santa.

After opening her present, she took the little pink heart pin out of the packaging then pinned it to the strap of her dress, and continued walking around the room saying hello and thank you to everyone.

"Hello, Ladies!" she said to Tiiyah and Maeve, who were conversing together by the bar, sipping on their drinks. "I'm glad you two could make it! Hopefully you are both having fun!"

Continuing on her way, she stopped by Roman and Vorst, who were chatting with each other, and said to them, "Thank you both, sincerely, for coming to this party. I hope you both are having fun, and hopefully the food and alcohol is treating you both well!"

After chatting for a few minutes with Roman and Vorst, she walked over to WorBomb, who was sitting at the bar enjoying another drink.

"How many does that make for you Wor?" she said jokingly. "At least you are having fun! Hopefully you continue to enjoy yourself!"

A couple minutes later, she walked over to Tish, who was listening to a joke told by Giddeon.

"Thank you both for coming to the party, and I really hope you are enjoying the time spent here!" she said to the both of them. "I hope you both got good gifts from your Secret Santas!"

Scanning the room, Rossa saw a small group of people standing over by the food table, so she walked over to them to thank them for coming as well.

When she left the small group to their food again, she went to talk to the band to let them know that the dancing would soon start and that they can play upbeat music. They nodded at her and agreed to play lively songs for the dancing, so she announced to everyone, "Let the dancing begin! I'm sure this is what quite a few people have been waiting for!"

Report Post Tip

Giddeon looks around he is having a great time at this party it is super worth it he hopes to get a buzz of some drinks have a great time and maybe have a little luck with the women tonight he sees Ajani his pal and waves to him hey man how are you

Report Post Tip

Whatsername had gone down to her favourite dress shop earlier in the day. A Christmas party was just what she needed and a new beautiful dress was also in store. She had found the perfect red dress and a matching pair of heels for the evening.

When she arrived at the party she saw a few people she recognized and knew the night would be as grand as she had imagined. As Whatsername walked into the party Ajani walked over to her, he looked as handsome as ever in his suit and tie. As he kissed her hand she smiled.

What a beautiful party. I will have to catch up to Morte_Rossa later and tell her how nice the place looks and thank her for the invite. Care to grab a glass of wine with me?

The pair walked over and each took a glass of wine. Whatsername lifted her glass and toasted to great evening and wonderful Christmas just as the music started. She smiled at Ajani and asked if he’d like to dance.

Report Post Tip

Prae comes in a few minutes later than he expected, clad in his finest suit with a larger jacket worn over it. He hands the jacket and his driver's cap to one of the servants near the door. He pulls a long-stemmed champagne glass from one of the passing waiters and takes a long pull from the golden bubbly liquor before setting it on another tray. He finds the hostess.

"Good evening, Ms. Rossa," he says. "It looks like your party is a big hit."

Report Post Tip

"Well, hello Praefect! Glad to see you could make it in!" she said excitedly to Praefect. "It's definitely a hit here, which is good because it took some work to get it all planned out!"

She turned around to look at the dance floor, at all the people who were having fun dancing and drinking a little too much, and smiled.

"I hope you can have a ton of fun here as well, Prae." she said. "Please feel free to eat and dance and drink with everyone. I think you will fit right in!"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Christmas Party To Top All Others
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL