Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 18:52:21
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Extortion? Started by: VideoLoL on Dec 31, '14 05:20

Hey Achilles hey Barry, Wow. You guys are nice mobsters there aye.

Ever take think and think things through abit? You extort a kid for 10mil MR money. Sweet no worries. Once a player offers you real money to save their life. I think that's when it's no longer a game. You gotta understand that. And if you willing to take real money you should keep your words. Cause that's ripping people off. "But they offered I didn't ask for it" Well grow the fuck up. So what if they offered? You took someones money in real life and didn't hold your end of the bargain. And you think it's okay because "It's just a game".

Fuckin low life mate. You guys really need to think through what's Roleplay and what's Real Life personality. Dickheads.

Report Post Tip
Old Bazza up to his old tricks.
Report Post Tip

Half of MR gets the two mixed up, and most of the streets threads are littered with OOC getting mixed with IC role-play. Seems this is the MR that has come to be. If said person offered real money though, than didn't said person also take things OOC?

Extortion isn't an offer, its a demand. If someone is game enough to offer real life cash and mix that with in character actions, I say it's said persons own fault and a good grounds for a lesson well learned.

Chalk it up, and move on. We all learn these lessons in different ways, some harder than others and responsibility needs to be taken on the end of said person.

Report Post Tip

I'm confused. You said they offered 10 mill MR money.. so at what point did real money exchange hands? I think its pretty pathetic coming out here and telling half a story and expecting everyone to accept what you've said. I think you're full of shit.

Report Post Tip

I was going to give you a detailed response to this, but I don't really see the point in wasting my breath so I'll just keep it to the highlights.

• I had nothing to do with what transpired between Achilles & Elsa
  • Anyone trying to buy their way out of being killed at the end of a war when their position is untenable is at best naive and at worst moronic
  • Learn from this and don't make the same mistake again
  • It is ok because this is a game
  • Stop being ridiculous
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

bribery maybe? if the dead GF offered money, then its bribery.

Report Post Tip

Sounds to me like he was being foolish. If you're a Godfather and at war you either live and you win or you die and you lose. You don't bribe someone to stay alive mid war.. I can't say I wouldn't have done the same if I was Achilles, good move mate.. very good move.

Report Post Tip

Only offered 10 mil?

Must not have wanted to stay alive THAT badly...

Report Post Tip

Good point Mike. You're not in a losing war to stay alive, at such a high rank. Not sure what the logic was there.

Report Post Tip

What ever happened to the honor in going down with the ship. Sad days we live in now where a GF would think they could buy there way outta the shit pile. Good play on Achilles part.

“If a man is dumb, someone is going to get the best of him, so why not you? If you don’t, you’re as dumb as he is” 

^Words to live by.

Report Post Tip

If you guys extorted her for RL and now MR money, than you're fucked up sorry pieces of shit. If not, than not.

Report Post Tip

Ok I will admit I don't really understand the situation and I feel I might be over stepping some boundaries, but extortion is allowed in this game and should be allowed in this game as long as two things happen. 1. it involves a in game issue and 2. it involves MR currency directly. If a person is told to turn there Real Life Cash into a MR currency then it crosses a line, if you try using Real Life Currency indirectly for paying for extortion or if Real Life Currency is used (outside the credit system like paying your GF $100 for auth) we have problems.

From the sounds of it though, Elsa tried saving her character's life by paying with MR currency so no harm unless physical dollars exchanged hands in which case admins should be involved. Who ever started this thread or anyone in the know please provide more detailed information though so at least we now what we are arguing about.

Report Post Tip

The writer of this was not Elsas bloodline folks.

Report Post Tip

Did anyone say it was, Kurgan?

Report Post Tip

Right so, where have we plucked the gem that "real life money" was handed over from?

As far as I am aware and I cannot speak for Achilles, all that was handed over was game cash and credits.  No "real life" money was demanded, no "real life" money was handed over.  That would quite clearly be extortion and aside from the fact it would not be tolerated by the administration team it would also be (highly?) illegal.

Just because you have converted your in game currency to credits, or your members have donated credits, or you have beaten house at dice or you have won credits in #dl, it does not automatically convert back to "real life" money.  

I am not saying that Elsa did not purchase the credits herself, merely that the moment she did it ceased to be real money and became in game currency.  I feel that a lot of people forget or have forgotten what this game is about.  It is a mafia themed ORPG (or is at least advertised as such), and with the territory comes extortion and general asshattery.

Much as I appreciate it is a bit of a bummer for Elsa, it is a lesson that should be learnt from.  I cant help but feel the people bitching are only doing so because they have nothing else to bitch about.  Seriously, look at this objectively, in a game sense as that is all that has played out here, a fucking scenario on a text based online game.

Thanks, 

~Kelly

Report Post Tip

I would agree with you, Kelly.

But if it were a "RL" type of thing and Elsa transfered RL cash just to transfer it for her own safety, and Achilles and co knew that..... than that's a story of a piece of shit inside and out. Why wouldn't you look at them and just say "Sorry, I can't save you. Fight it out." That's respectable, and honorable at the least. If RL money was involved though, than you should feel fucking ashamed for what you've done and that you scam someone for their hard earned cash. It's not like buying credits where you know your transaction is contestable if fucked over.

But if you didn't, than that's fair play, and you played it smart. BUT if you did, than what kind of human being are you?

Report Post Tip

Well how about we just calm the fuck down with the accusations, shall we? Unless Elsa's incarnation herself comes forward and states such things and clears this up I would calm down on calling people pieces of shit and such as it's all speculation at this point.

Report Post Tip
How dramatic.

No "real life money" was in any way, shape or form, demanded, requested or otherwise given by Elsa to Achilles.

"Given" is the key word there. She voluntarily gave her cash to Achilles, extremely naively in my opinion.

Speculating that anything else occurred is pathetic and desperate.
Report Post Tip

I don't see it as pathetic or desperate, unless the poster of the thread was just looking for dramatic attention. It's another topic all the same.

But you would have to admit that that is a level of extremely fucked up if that's what occurred. If not, than fair play to you and smart thinking.

Report Post Tip

Enough with the indirect insults already, eh? You're already venting and littering OOCly in a streets thread with whatever issues you have. You obviously have an issue with someone. Maybe MM them directly, instead of these little passive aggressive jabs.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Extortion?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL