Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 05:06:59
Page:  1 
South of the Mountains, you'll find the Forest Below Started by: Utopia on Dec 31, '14 17:45

Utopia woke up in his office following the most difficult twenty four hours of his life. The preceding war had taken a lot out of him. The remaining members of “The Mountains Beyond” were all in the HQ when Utopia woke up – but many of his old friends had been lost. As Utopia made the short walk along the corridor to Whatsername’s office, he could not help but get a chilling feeling in his stomach as he passed the empty offices of his fallen comrades.  Utopia tried to put these thoughts out of his mind as he knocked on Whatsername’s door.

"Come in", said the familiar voice of Utopia's boss. 

A long conversation followed as Utopia received a debrief on the war,which had ended just hours before. The conversation suddenly took an unpredictable turn as Whatsername brought up the possibility of giving Utopia his own Headquarters. 

"I don't know, boss. Am I really ready?"

The truth was that Utopia was frightened. He had worked for Whatsername ever since he was a small time punk, snatching purses. Even during war, he felt comforted by the fact that he was standing behind one of the most experienced and respected members of this thing of ours. Nonetheless, after considering how exciting an opportunity this was, Utopia found himself in the streets just several hours later, announcing his new position.

Over the last 2 days, we've lost a number of good mafioso from cities all over the country. La Cosa Nostra needs to rebuild, and Philadelphia is no exception to this.

Long story short, I am here to announce myself as the newest Crew Leader in South Philadelphia. I have had my hesitation in taking up this position given the fact that South Philly conducts itself to the highest standards - and I know that it will be tough to follow the likes of Achilles, Curtis and Whatsername as crew leaders. 

I am incredibly grateful to Whatsername for giving me this opportunity, given the fact that my bloodline is not as well known as some others. I have an underlying determination to repay this faith shown in me. I pledge to become even more of a familiar face in the Streets, while also helping my family's internal development. 

My family will reward a member who can provide me and my district with loyalty, hard work and a genuine determination to make us great. The Made Man button will be earned, not given. 

Anyway, I like to keep my messages short and sweet. Whatsername found me a nice little patch of land to call my own. What's more, I will be comforted by the fact that I can see the Mountains, my former home, just north of my headquarters. Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to bring to you "The Forest Below".

A few chuckles are heard from the audience.  

Report Post Tip

Piglet makes her way towards the front of the crowd. Listening to Utopia speak, Piglet begins to nod.

Congratulations, Utopia! Whatsername has achieved some wonderful things and I am sure you will as well. 

Piglet does a little twirl before disappearing off into the crowd of people 

Report Post Tip

Curtis watched his friend give his speech and smiled broadly. He hadn't been told this was going to happen but he shouldn't have been surprised, Utopia had done outstanding work in Whatsername's family and had shown himself a fully capable individual. Approaching his friend he embraced him.

"Man! Congratulations! I am delighted to see you given this opportunity. Credit must go to Whatsername for doing the right thing. Too many times we see promising and talented mobsters work endlessly only to be stepped over for people with history. It is vital for the future progression of our world that people be given their chance and the chance to inject some new vitality into our collective enterprise.

I am sure you'll do all you can to enrich this great district and city. The very best of luck to you man!"

Hugging his friend again he slipped a customary white envelope into Utopia's pocket and stepped back for others to pay their respects. 

Report Post Tip
Ah yes, the Farm west of the mountains would have burnt down at this point.
Congratulations on getting your very own family, Utopia.
Report Post Tip

Ajani walks up to Utopia and extends his hand.

"A major congratulations is in order here my friend. Hard work pays off and this is excellent to see coming from Philly. If you need anything you know where to find me."

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Don Utopia! I can't wait to get a good look at The Forest Below and see all it has to offer this world of ours.

It's an opportunity that has been earned with a perfect combination of hard work, dedication, intelligence and loyalty. Often crew leaders are chosen on a single quality from that list, so seeing one stepping up with all of them in abundance is a tremendous joy. Sometimes expectations are lowered when it's a bloodlines first run at leadership, but in this case that doesn't apply. All of us here in Philadelphia know just what you're capable of achieving in your new position, so the expectations are through the roof. 

Congratulations again good sir. I can't wait to see what you achieve in your new role. 

Report Post Tip

Woohoo! Congratulations Don Utopia, a honor well deserved as I can tell from the history books and here. I'm looking forward to what greatness awaits South Philly and completely excited to be apart of it.

Report Post Tip

We live in interesting times, loyalty and hard work should always be rewarded and i wish you Congrats and  the best of luck rebuilding a fragile society

Report Post Tip
I wish you the best of luck on future endeavors bruh.
Report Post Tip

Scriba stood patiently in the background. The young man had joined the crowd with respect to his fathers kind words regarding Utopia, especially in the weeks leading up to the NYE war. He wasn't yet of a standing in this thing of ours to be known and respected for his own accord. He stood amongst the masses as Utopia gave his speech and joined in the applause once he had finished.

As others stepped forward to congratulate the man, Scriba took a seat close by at the rear of the crowd. He pulled up a seat at a table and brushed the dust off his shirt and pants. He leant back and pondered on the thought of someday reaching similar heights, and carry his fathers name and legacy in the same light.

As Scriba watched people come forward with gifts and congratulatory well wishes, he noticed his own Don, Curtis. He watched as an envelope exchanged hands. He remembered the ways of his father, and smirked as he appreciated the tradition involved.

Whilst observing the procession his eyes caught Utopia's for a moment. Scriba gave a respectful nod and smirk toward the man from his lowly seat at the back of the crowd.

Report Post Tip

Whatsername was so proud. She had watched Utopia as he had arose through her ranks for a long time. His work ethic was amazing. In a district of hard workers he was always right there at the top. He could be serious when needed and always had solid reasons behind his opinions but had an awesome sense of humor to counter that too. As she thought about all the good times she smiled.

Utopia, you have impressed me since day one. You have impressed so many within our district. I am so excited to be able to give you this opportunity and I know you will continue to impress us all. You have been there for every member of my crew any time they needed anything. I am so proud of you and cannot wait to continue to rebuild this thing of ours and our district with you by my side. Congratulations!

Report Post Tip

Looking through his father's journal, SiriusBlack had come across Utopia's name more than once. Whatsername had assembled a family built on loyalty and hard-work. Utopia, unlike OdinRossi, was no exception. Utopia has remained loyal to Whatsername, has stood tall beside her and for that I am sure that auth is not only a reward but an opportunity for the world to see the work of Utopia. The work that will be put into rebuilding Philadelphia and the Mafia world. 

Utopia, congratulations, I am sure you will be a further asset to South Philly and Philadelphia as a city. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: South of the Mountains, you'll find the Forest Below
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL