Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 04:10:21
Page:  1 
The Factory in Brooklyn Started by: Whatsername on Jan 02, '15 03:38

Whatsername awoke for the day and walked out on her balcony with a cup of coffee. She hadn’t felt this refreshed in days. Since the war just a few days prior and then New Year’s celebrations after that, Whatsername had been feeling quite overwhelmed. The night before she had rested and now she reflected on the days before. As she looked out onto the mountain and enjoyed the view, her thoughts went to New York. A lot of great people had lost their lives from that city, Godfathers who had ruled for ages, people she had called friends were no longer with us. She thought about how in her time, the city had never sat empty to a mafia presence but there they were now faced with that reality.

Whatsername finished her coffee, showered and dressed for the day. She made one call to Curtis and asked him to meet with her immediately at the coffee shop down the way. Her stomach was growling and she figured she might as well get some food in her and she had a talk with Curtis.

As Whatsername began walking down to the shop, she realized what a beautiful day it had become. Clear blue skies, she could hear some birds singing. She smiled and knew everything would turn out right. She walked into the coffee shop and Curtis was already there. She sat down across from him, ordered herself some tea and bacon and eggs and then started.

Curtis, New York has so many possibilities. It has always been a strong mafia city and we cannot allow it to sit empty for very long. You served me as my left hand man and have been a rock for me as always. I think you should move The Factory to New York and maintain the mafia presence. As much as I’d love to keep you here in South Philly with me, I think you deserve this and New York needs this.

Curtis smiled and nodded. If you believe this is best Whatsername, you know I will always do what is best for you and for this thing of ours.

I think this is best Curtis. Others I am sure will come and join you with time, populating other districts. You will never be on your own, Philadelphia is right next door. Please find yourself a headquarters and move your men over. I have talked with the other Godfathers involved in the war and there are no objections.

Just about that time their breakfasts arrived. They two continued talking about the exciting times ahead and what changes they hoped would come with the new landscape. They agreed there was going to be a lot of work ahead rebuilding and refocusing but they both were eager to get started.

Report Post Tip

Curtis had arrived early to breakfast. He enjoyed early morning walks through town and breakfast was a good meal. A hard working meal for the functional half of the community. He saw Whatsername arrive and he enjoyed his sausage and eggs while they talked. When the food was gone and the meeting over, he hugged his beloved Godmother and made plans for the move.

The tall brownstone brick building looked resplendent. There was something beautiful in the dignified functionality of these old buildings. Robust and durable yet understated. The same team of refurbishes were surprised to be fitting out a new building so soon after the last but this was the nature of things. New York had been decimated in the war and the rebuilding job would be monumental. It was an overwhelming task but it had to start somewhere, and this was it.

Whatsername had expanded the operation in South Philly and Tetley had taken over the position of Godfather in Old City after Gravity was killed. With Utopia and BlackBetty establishing families in those districts it was time to expand horizons. New York was empty. New York needed families. Functioning, working families, doing business and re-establishing trade. There was a mountain of money travelling through that town at one point and all that business needed to be brought back on line. Whatsername had been working closely with Godfather Ajani and wanted to ensure the post war rebuilding got off to a solid start. The other Godfathers and influential mafioso from around the country had agreed and given Curtis the huge opportunity to oversee the initial rebuilding. 

He stood on the steps and watched the mason finish chiseling the last point on the large block of stone above the door.

Factory

New York

"Fine work, man."

He turned back and looked at the gathering crowd of interested people.

"Ladies and gentlemen. I am here today to assume responsibility for this district and oversee the start of the rebuilding work here in New York. My family will establish our Factory here and work tirelessly to return the lucrative commerce to the city's businesses. It will be hard work but we have the people and the backing to make this city what it should be. Down through the generations this city has always been a great center for all the things we do. And it shall be again!

I would also like to extend the strongest possible thanks and acknowledge Godmother Whatsername for entrusting this great task to me. A magnificent leader, matriarch and friend, her guidance and support will be a constant influence and help in this process we embark on here today.

There is a great future ahead for us all here. Lets make this city sing!"

Looking around at the faces he smiled and motioned to Barry to uncover the buffet and open the bar.

"Now if you lovely people would like to, come inside and have some food and drink. After all, hard work means nothing without reward does it?

Popping the cork from a champagne bottle he was shaking, he sprayed arcs into the air before taking a long drink.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations old friend, I'm delighted to see this day arrive. As much as I hate to see a friend leaving for another city, when it's for all the right reasons it makes the sweet an awful lot stronger than the bitter in a bitter sweet moment. Seeing you take your place at the head of your surroundings is of no surprise to anyone that knew you or knows your work ethic, it was always destined to happen.

New York has long been a strong and powerful city in this thing of ours, so it's fully appropriate than a strong and powerful leader should take the helm there as the cities continue rebuilding. I look forward to seeing what you, Barry and Barry's forehead go on to achieve there in the big apple. 

Now... did I hear someone mention something about drink?

Report Post Tip

Curtis, our bloodlines do not date back as far as some but it goes back far enough for me to know what kind of individual you are. I have no doubt that under guidance New York will once again become a powerhouse, reminiscent of eras gone. This is something I have told you in private and I have to say in public. There is no better man for the job!

It is with a heavy heart we see you leaving Philadelphia, but like Setanta said it was always destined to happen. 

Report Post Tip

Curtis. This is indeed a day for rejoicing.

This is a position you have undoubtedly earned and thoroughly deserve. The rebuilding of this fine city will be in safe hands, I’m convinced of it. Being able to serve by your side will be an honour and I look forward to being a part of New York’s re-emergence as a power house within this world.

Here is to the future Sir, a future that will be carved utilising the knowledge, skill and pure brilliance that is truly evident in your leadership qualities.

It is indeed, your destiny, without question.

Salut my friend, Salut Godfather, Salut!

The_Stig quickly catches up with Setanta, knowing full well liquor will be found at some point.

Report Post Tip
Congratulations, Godfather Curtis. It gives me great pleasure to see you rise to this esteemed rank. I've heard stories of your forefathers, their hard work and unwavering dedication to family. It seems only right that you should be in this position today and with the wealth of knowledge at your fingertips, I'm sure you will do great things for New York.

I wish you the very best and look forward to working with you!

Betty raises a glass
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Factory in Brooklyn
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL