Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 06:44:35
Page:  1 
Honor & Respect Started by: Ajani on Jan 03, '15 03:31

Ajani had finally caught up and made so many funeral visits. The air was returning to normal and the blood shed was over. The war was a massive one, arguably one of the biggest in sometime. War is a destructive thing that changes the face of the world we once knew. Casualties pile up in war, not on one side but all the sides. He approached one of the busiest sections in the streets. He had a speech, a few words he had meant to say.

" Hello fellow men and women of this thing of ours. Many of you listening are sons or daughters of mothers and fathers that were lost in the great war. I am here to pay my respect to both sides. Every participant in the war suffered massive losses of friends and loved ones. This war stands out to me a little different then most. Most wars you have a few people defect and turn. This war from what I remember was far different. Elsa, Ty and several others had a chance to flip sides but instead they fought valiantly. I deeply respect this as, this is how omerta really is. New York was a bolstering city full of so many great people, rest in peace to all of you. "

"Philadelphia I can't thank you enough for you amazing work. So many lives were lost, but not once did you all back down from the main goal. I have never worked with so many dedicated people that wanted to win at any cost. Thank you for such a opportunity to work side by side with you elite mafioso. Rest in peace to all the fallen."

"Chicago, you all showed how quickly we could band together in a short time. Many were not prepared for what was happening, but dropped what they were doing immediately to answer the call. All of you did so great I thank you all for you immense amount of effort you put in. Rest in peace to all the fallen."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

JohnRodham paused to here the eloquence falling from the lips of the great Ajani. These words echoed in his mind, though his life had only just begun, he understood meaning behind the oration.

"As you stand my Godfather so I stand in accord. Let not these silver tongues be set to ruin, but to praise of the fallen. To everyone that fought and never faltered, let us lift our glasses, our flasks, our bottles and steins. Drink to your friends and your enemies alike."

Report Post Tip

"My father was in the war, I hear he was one of the first to fall, as just a young boy who does not know that much, I must say in a way I praise Philadelphia and Chicago for the discreteness they showed in this huge take down which has seen the group known as 303303 removed from power. I cannot fault the way it happened, during the visit from Tyler Durden was a brave move, I doubt that anyone knew it was coming though I do have one question which really bugs me.

The Godfather of Bronx, known as Cantillon was one of the last to have fallen, I would like to know why he was not one of the very first to fall, especially as he was considered 303303 and even with his farm burning, he still tried doing the right thing by his family, friends and city."

Tade takes a step back and hopes that he has not come across too rude.

Report Post Tip

I believe this question was asked and a possible answer to why was presented by Sorrynotsorry; 

Why did Godfather Whatsername convinced the other leaders not to remove Godfather Cantillon first wave? She knew that he would retaliate, she knew that he wanted to go out shooting in a war and also knew that he would never shoot her again after he promised her that when he mother Maple died. Was it her intention to let Cantillon shoot some of the other Godfathers/crew leaders further cementing her own position? Wow else did Godfather Gravity die so easily? How did Cantillon easily evade those apparently refreshing him every time?

Based on the mail conversations between Godfather Starscream and Godfather Contillon, the latter one was indeed devastated over the fact that he had been forced to participate and even worse than that being the one who pulled the trigger on GF Whatsername's mother, the late GF Maple, and had mentioned that he would never do it again, hence taking in and raising GF Maple's orphan child as his own under his own roof in order to protect her.

When speaking with the late Sorrynotsorry before he ended his life, he was sure that Godfather Cantillon was left out of the first wave, he thought that the one who was sent to take Godfather Cantillon's life had not fired any shots [orders from above?]
NOW if that was the case, the question would be why?
To have Godfather Cantillon using his sharp shooting skills and take out some of those, untouchable to some "other"?

These are all just assumptions and gossips and cannot be proven - Just like the alleged lack of trust in Loffy for leaking to New York [That's why New York was awake and awaiting the first wave] and instead the bullet in the back of his head from those he least expected.

Report Post Tip

It's actually quite amazing how much imagination is put into such things. 

Let us focus on Honor & Respect, as this is the topic of today

Report Post Tip

<font color="#000000">Ok I can't help myself....</font>

"These are all just assumptions and gossips and cannot be proven - Just like the alleged lack of trust in Loffy for leaking to New York [That's why New York was awake and awaiting the first wave] and instead the bullet in the back of his head from those he least expected."

This allegation is bullshit on two accounts

• Loffy would never "leak"
  • the 303/NY would never await being on the receiving end of a first wave

That's two really good reason's why this is totally absurd, don't discredit the life of a good man. Who died in battle defending and protecting his people, district and standing for something he believed in. Especially when the person who comes up with this fantasy just managed to jump out a window and commit suicide after such imaginative stories.

Now for my second point, do you really believe the 303/NY would just say "Hey guys we are about to be first waved, lets just sit around and shoot some durdens for a while and see who dies first." They deserve more of a reputation than that. 

Report Post Tip
I believe that the word respect even covers the aftermath of what Loffy suffered,to be respected enough to hear the truth about his death.
Can't be just imagination if two cities fail to provide a proer for the RHM of one of their allies during the entire war while the resistance in New York turned every stone to protect their flag, sounds like a problem with HR and logistics.
Report Post Tip
I believe you failed to see the sarcastic remark that was made about Loffy leaking and NY awaiting the first wave.
Report Post Tip

Yes Rest In Peace to all the great people who had fallen during the war that happened in this thing of ours,

They all deserved to be honoured and respected for standing up to the cause.

Report Post Tip

My mother held a high respect for the late Loffy of The Loop, Chicago and stated in her journal that she would've trusted her life in his hands, so from that i believe that he was a very honorable person who wouldn't dare turn his back on  anyone, so with the been said that assumption can be thrown in the trash can:D

Report Post Tip

I believe this question was asked and a possible answer to why was presented by Sorrynotsorry

You may believe this. However if you do, you're wrong to.

It's complete and utter bullshit put forward by someone that didn't have a clue what happened or why it happened. One that was unwilling or unable to stand over the words they had spewed out on our streets, suiciding rather than continuing a debate or discussion on the topic. That, or it's potentially a completely fictitious and intentionally malicious made up story they put forward to spread rumour and misinformation. Either way, it's a mistake to believe it and repeating it repeatedly won't make it true.

I personally heard many reasons around this too. Cantillion had become lazy as sin and was no longer deemed a threat. He had become distracted by legitimate business interests and wouldn't even be aware of what was happening at the time. He was so disinterested in cosa nostra that he'd lay asleep in his bed and welcome a bullet with joy if and when it arrived. He had become disillusioned by those around him and would no longer raise his arms to fight in their defence. He was so old he had bodyguards that originated from the old world with a bajillion health points and that rode around him on flaming horses, given to him after a date with the devil herself on Valentines day, so he couldn't possibly ever be killed. Cantillion wasn't really a man, he was a sock puppet worn by Kyubey (I especially enjoyed hearing that one). The only difference between these rumours and the ones already raised? I'm smart enough to know that these are bullshit and to ignore them, especially when they come from people less informed than myself to begin with.  

As for the real reasons behind something like this ever coming out? Probably not. War decisions are made behind closed doors based on sensitive information that will probably never see the light of day. If one of those involved in the war came running out to the streets clearing explaining what happened, why it happened and when it happened at each step... they'd never be, and never could be, trusted with the private information required to run a war again. Some things happen behind closed doors, some things stay behind closed doors. It doesn't mean there's a dark secret there, a conspiracy or something powers are scrambling to keep hidden. It just means the information behind it isn't for public consumption and sharing it isn't in the best interests of those that hold it. It means that they're too smart to give away cards they don't have to and would rather hold them close to their chests. 

Thank you for the kind words Godfather Ajani. With my family having lost so many dear friends, from all cities involved, over the last short time it's a great solace to hear a moment being taken to honour their memory. Let us all remember the great times that had been shared in the past with the fallen and hope that similar days may be had with kin in the future. Thank you good sir, thank you.

Report Post Tip

Curtis listened to Godfather Ajani's speech and approached his Chicagoan comrade.

"Thank you for your words. I would echo the sentiment that a great deal of honor was shown during the recent conflict, particularly by the vanquished. Many people acted with great integrity and maturity and increased the respect that will commanded by their bloodline's forever more. May they all rest with my respect."

Turning to TadePimmel he spoke again.

"I had a good measure of respect for your father. Although we never had any direct dealings with one another, I knew of him and respected his astonishing work ethic and fierce loyalty. Out of that respect I will catch up with you soon and answer any questions you may have."

Report Post Tip

hahah this thing about Loffy,and about NY been awake is really funny

you really think that first me and than all NY would just wait for the first wave?...Thats funny

Report Post Tip

"I am not sure where the 'New York was awake' at the so called planned time for the war, but I am sure that if New York had heard anything or expecting anything, they would not have sat there and done nothing. If my father was aware of this situation, I am sure he would have tried reacting first rather than just waiting around saying Yeah okay... Come and shoot me, what do I have to lose?

Rumours are such a powerful tool in this thing of ours, I personally like to ignore rumours until the facts are placed out in front of me. I believe we have all mourned or are still mourning over the losses from all sides, I don't think there is much point in trying to escalate arguments over the tiniest of things, it's time to move on and just accept that it happened, and that we will never really know the facts for all these small questions we all may have, myself included."

Report Post Tip

Hearing what Godfather - Chairman Ajani had to say about honour and respect had raised goosebumps on the back of Nighthawk's neck. This was a great speech to follow up after HubertCapone had given us another brilliant one to explain the comings and goings of the recent war and takedown of NY. 

'Godfather - Chairman Ajani, after our kin have worked and fought tooth and nail together over the past few weeks and months it is great to hear what you have just said. This should make everyone stop and think for a few seconds what honor and respect means to us in this world, whether it is fallen comrades or fellow colleagues. Honor and respect is the number one thing this world is built on and I thank you for coming out and giving this wonderful speech'

Nighthawk raises his flask and toast 'To the fallen' 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Honor & Respect
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL