Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 08:25:19
Page:  1 
The Hanging Tree Started by: Katniss on Jan 03, '15 06:56

Katniss looks up at the the newly built headquarters and then steps through the front doors. It wasn't massive or extravagant but she was quite impressed with it. She lightly hummed a tune  as she walked through the hallways inspecting every room and then finally she managed to set her belongings, that she held tightly in a box, down on an empty desk.

Still humming, she gave a small smile as she looked out the window and watched as a few people hustled by. She hid there in the darkening room and, as the last crease of the sun disappeared, she stood in the dark room and quietly began to sing her tune.

She looked up and found herself startled by Alien who standing in front of her and she bowed her head. "Always singing that song? What is is about some tree?" Alien flipped on a light quickly and then pulled a smoke to his lips. 

Fumbling for a book of matches Katniss stopped as she realized Aliens already had a match lit and was also holding out a smoke to her  "Thank you." She to lit the smoke and then drew in a long drag. Katniss found herself peering out the window again and noticed a tree that stood in the front of the building. Katniss stared at the snow covered branches and found herself again humming her tune.

Katniss drew in a long puff of her smoke and then she turned back to him. "Where's.."

"Kelly?" Aliens then pointed down the hallway as Kelly was attempting to brighten up the dark hq with a few odds and ends." She felt you needed these to feel more at home." Katniss scoffed a bit and then looked at all the pink and before she said anything Aliens interrupted her. "Now you know exactly what you have been instructed. This is a massive step Kat." He drew in a long drag of his smoke, as she watched Kelly finally bounce around the corner.

"Kat! Don't worry we will make it beautiful very soon. What are you going to call it?" GodFather Kelly looked at Katniss as she set a bouquet of assorted flowers on the desk.

Katniss looked out the window again and then the song came into her head as she began to hum it. She heard Aliens give a laugh as he loudly exclaimed "Why not the name of that damn song Kat? You never stop with that one do you?"

Katniss turned to them and nodded. "Aliens I do love that idea. The Hanging Tree." Katniss gave a nod as she walked over and then fluffed the flowers in the vase.

"Thank you GodFather Kelly. Thank you Aliens" Katniss gave a small wink as she then set down at her desk and quietly hummed her tune.

Report Post Tip

I'll echo the sentiments of what ive just told GF Kelly; Its with great pleasure that I see you go bold, our lines have never worked all that closely, but it doesn't go to say that ive not admired your lineage. I know you will do amazing things here, once again, many congrats.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Katniss, can not wait to see the many things your and your family achieve in the future

Report Post Tip

Congrats Katniss!

Report Post Tip

Sheldon was pretty surprise whe he saw that person who invited him is not

anymore with him at family,but he was very proud because he knows that lead your

own family is great Honor...

Sheldon raise his glass of burbon and say...

" Katniss congratss,I know that you will be very good leader"

after saying that Sheldon light his cigar and order one more burbon...

Report Post Tip

Tade hadn't congratulated Katniss since her move out of Aliens Headquarters, they'd spoke a few times and realised their bloodlines had passed one another before, so this made conversation run that much smoother. Walking with his limp due to a car accident which was the cause of a bad drug deal, as Tade arrived he could hear the humming of someone with good taste in music, the humming alone even sounded like a number one track, following the sound of the humming of of curiosity, it led him to Katniss looking out a window.

"Katniss, congratulations on your new status and step forward in this thing of ours, I have every confidence in you that you will do great. I am sure the rest of North Side and many others in Chicago feel the same. May I ask though, what are you humming?"

Report Post Tip

Katniss smiles at all the Congratulations and then gives a wink to TadePimmel. She can't help but play the song in her head again and then she softly sings it at first. She watches as a few in her family sing with her and she can't help but let the words grow louder from her lips as she reaches the end.

"Are you, are you, Coming to the tree? Wear a necklace of rope, side by side with me. Strange things did happen here No stranger would it be, If we met up at midnight in the hanging tree. "

She shrugged a bit as she then nodded to TadePimmel. "I believe that answers your question?"

Report Post Tip

The song sounded familiar to Tade, he'd memorised as many words as he could and sang it back to himself in his head over and over and over... Yet nothing was being triggered, it was driving him nuts that he half knew the song but couldn't quite put his finger on it.

"Your going to have to give me more clues, I am so close to recognising it... Just another clue."

​Tade closes his eyes and begins humming to himself.

Report Post Tip

My congratulations are in order Katniss. You helped in every way possible in the war. Your lineage has always worked hard for Chicago and you are living proof it is continuing. 

Shakes Katniss's hand with a firm grip.

Report Post Tip

Katniss gives Tade a small smile and then her smile grows. "Why good sir.. It's the Hanging tree." She gives him a wink and then grips Ajani's hand and nods.

"Ajani. Thank you very much. I know that you have allowed the opertunity for Kelly to grow and because of that me as well. It is so nice to be working hand in hand with you still. " She releases his hand and bows her head to him.

Report Post Tip

As buddha heard the news, Buddha stand up and give her a round of applause and Shouted out a huge Congratulation!

Congratulation Darling! Well your just a young, Cant wait to see you and your family grows up, Best wishes darling. Deserve it! :D

Cheers to all the new blood of North Side. Buddha approaches Katniss and give him a huge hug with a friendship kiss

Good luck Darling!

Report Post Tip

Lexie walks up to Katniss and pulls her in for a massive hug. She smiles at her close family friend and just feels a surge of excitement.

Katniss, I know how deserving you are of this chance. My father worked very closely with your mother, and they even passed very close in time. Maybe it was destiny for them to fall the way they did and for us to follow so closely in their footsteps. I know for one thing, your mother would be so proud of you, and I can not wait to see the things you accomplish!

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Katniss, Can not wait to see the many things your and your family achieve in the future

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Hanging Tree
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL