Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 06:19:48
Page:  1 
Putting the Pow in NorthSide Started by: Aliens on Jan 03, '15 07:05

Aliens sat in his chair at his desk, he looked out the window of his office and watched the street below. He exhaled the drag he just took from his cigarette and looked at the gold watch he wore on on his grey arm. It was late, but this wasn’t new. Aliens often worked late unless he had a date with whatever model was in town. Tonight though, lady luck was not on his side, but there was plenty of work to do.

Besides the war that had happened just days earlier with New York, Aliens knew that his Boss, Kelly, was speaking with their Godfather Ajani. Aliens had an inkling that more changes were to come. The plan was to get together with Kelly tomorrow, but just after Aliens stubbed out his cigarette a knock came at his door. Aliens grumbled to himself as he walked across the office to open the door. This better be good, he wasn’t in the mood for any drama tonight. 

As soon as he opened the door, Aliens’ mean mug turned soft. A fresh site stood in front of him. Miss Kelly. A wide smile bloomed upon his lips and he greeted her, holding the door open and took her coat once they were inside. They sat across from each other, not at his desk, but the chairs off to the side. With everything going on, Kelly looked well. The slight darkness under her eyes were the only apparent sign of exhaustion.

The war had taken it’s toll on anyone involved, but a quick look at Miss Kelly and you wouldn’t know it. Aliens could see the signs though, he was the woman’s right after all. He was suppose to know when she looked even just a bit fatigued. Aliens shook his head, he didn’t know what Kelly had come to see him about, but it wasn’t to be gawked at by him. 

A drink?

He suggested and she nodded and added.

“Don’t worry Alien’s, I only come with good news.”

She smiled and Aliens felt relief swim away. He crossed the room to the small bar and made each of them a drink. Again, he took his place across from Kelly, setting her drink down upon the coaster. 

How was your meeting with Ajani? Did you enjoy The Exotic Fruit?

The Exotic Fruit was a gentleman’s club over on Grand Ave. Their Godfather was one of the owners and liked to discuss business in one of the VIP rooms. Just a bit of pink filled Kelly’s cheeks as she took a drink from her glass.

“It was an experience. I might have found you a new date for your wild Saturday nights, but” She paused “right now, we have much to discuss my alien friend. Our Godfather has met with the other Godfather’s of Chicago and it has been decided that Godfather Haven will be taken out.”

Aliens nodded as he listened to her explain the plan. It made sense, leaving Godmother Haven alive after taking out New York was just letting lose ends hang about. Nothing good would come from it either. After Los Angeles had been taken out, the rumors on the streets, well, Haven hadn’t liked it.  Aliens gave his opinion and advice here and there as they discussed things. For the most part, Godfather Ajani had laid out a flawless plan and the execution would go without a bump. 

Did you discuss the plans of what will happen to North Side after the hit is completed? 

Aliens asked. There were so many empty districts at this point, the country didn’t need another. 

“Godfather Ajani would like me to take it. You’ll be calling me Godfather Kelly soon.”

They smiled at each other and got down to business, there was still much to do. Now, the night felt young for Aliens. 

The next day, Aliens had awoken and did his morning routine. A cigarette, a coffee and a shower. He then got to cleaning his gun. It was a quick job, he never left it unattended for long periods of time. After he finished the task he felt relaxed about what was going to happen later that night.

Aliens thought about how long he had been working for Kelly. How they had not known each other that well, but Godmother -Draven-, had set the pair up. A great partnership and friendship unfolded and Aliens had deep admiration for Kelly. He knew she had worked tirelessly for The Loop. Not just for the current Godfather, but the ones that came before him. Chicago was a great city and it was time for Kelly to spread her wings and take a Godfather position in one of it’s districts. Aliens knew, without a doubt, Kelly would be a wonderful addition to leadership of the Windy City. 

Aliens threw back his drink and picked his gun up off the desk. He placed it in his holster and scooped up his keys. A mere driver that Kelly had on the payroll wasn’t going to be picking up Miss Kelly today. The Lincoln Model L was parked in his garage, he turned the key in the ignition and the car roared to life.

He drove it down to the station and had the attendant fill her up. He then drove over to Miss Kelly’s headquarters and waited patiently at the curb, well, as patiently as he could. He looked at that gold watch about a dozen times until he noticed his boss exit from the building. Once she got into the car he couldn’t help himself and made a joke.

Just like a woman to keep me waiting.

“If you aren’t pleased with me Aliens, we can swing by The Exotic Fruit.”

They had developed a playful banter between them. It’s one of the many things Aliens enjoyed about Miss Kelly. Even on a day that would be filled with execution, she kept a smile on her face and a light laughter in the air. Not like an insane person, Aliens could tell she did not take great pleasure with the task at hand like some blood crazed mafiosos. They drove in silence, both knowing what had to be done. Both mulling over the plan of attack that had been outlined, discussed and revived until every party involved knew their responsibilities. When they rolled into the North Side of Chicago, it was a ghost town and as Aliens pulled the Lincoln up to the curb, Godfather Ajani was waiting for them. Godmother Haven’s headquarters looked a bit haunting here at night, but it was the best way to accomplish their goal. 

Ready then?

Aliens asked his boss and she nodded her reply. He stepped from the car, pocketed his keys and walked around to open the door for Kelly. Aliens watched her inhale deeply and exhale the same way. 

“Let’s finish this. It’s the last step to a fresh start for our world.”

Godfather Ajani took himself and few of his guys to the rear while Aliens slipped into the bushes for a quick pee. He made just enough noise to have the guard at the front door step out to see what was going on. Aliens pretended to be drunk, but once that was accomplished he pulled his trusty wire from his pocket and garroted the guard. With the door open, Kelly casually strolled up the front steps and into the house. Muzzle flashed could be seen on the top floor as shots rang out. Aliens took care of another guard downstairs, but moments later found Miss Kelly on the second floor with a few other folks, a dead Godmother Haven at their feet. It was done. The men and women who had completed the job filed out of the house. A few stuck behind, dousing the place in gasoline. After a call to the fire department, the former Godfather’s headquarters were set ablaze. 

Back outside, Aliens watched The Loop’s Godfather Ajani shake the hands of The North Side’s new Godfather, Kelly_Kapowski. Sirens could be heard in the distance, but Alien’s was already opening the door for his Godfather. 

“Let’s go home.”

Kelly simply said. Again, he could tell she was tired, but there was still a smile on her lovely face. He drove them to their new headquarters.

Report Post Tip

Kelly, what do I say. Its been a huge pleasure to see you achieve this huge honour, an honour that you fully deserve, without question. Its amazing to see what you've done over your tenure here and long may it continue. We have the making of becoming an amazing district, and A-team of one, if I do say so my self and that's testament to the person, crew leader and GodFather that you are.

Many, many congrats, old friend.

Report Post Tip

Awesome work and dedication you have achieve Godmother Kelly,

You have definitely earned everything that you have received and deserve much more that is yet to arrive.

My mother spoke of high regards toward you in her journey and as i would assume would be very proud of you.:D

Wishing you all the best in what is yet to come.

Report Post Tip

Curtis had been in Chicago on business and made a point of heading over to the North Side to visit Godfather Kelly. Walking into her new offices he found her busy organizing various refurbishments. He smiled as she turned to greet him.

"Kelly! Godfather Kelly I should say! I was in town and just had to stop by, pay my respects and congratulate you on your new role as Godfather of the North Side. Your line carries a tremendous history and I have been delighted to see the enthusiasm and energy you have put into your work. 

I'm so happy to have the chance to work along side you and the other Godfathers in bringing about much needed change to our community. You're a fine woman and a fine friend of ours."

Curtis handed her a box. She opened it slowly and smiled at the sight of two 18th century dueling pistols. They were exquisitely made from silver and sat in a rich purple velvet lined box. As Kelly closed the box Curtis embraced her and wished her well once more before making his way to her HQ bar for a quick road-drink.

Report Post Tip

Kelly had Tade running around doing all sort of errands for him, he was short on a spare few of hands so Tade was going to miss the initial welcoming for the new Godfather of North Side, once finished though he made his way right on over to where the celebrations had taken place, granted he was late, but rather late than never. Only a few people remained so Tade had his say anyway before running back to work.

"Congratulations sugartits, I am glad to be part of this new North Side era and hope that it will remain a long one. Best wishes to us all here in the North Side district, after it this is a marvellous occasion. Congratulations once more."

After that, Tade ran back to finish up on the last of his errands.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Putting the Pow in NorthSide
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL