Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 21:20:19
Page:  1 
A Chairman for Chicago Started by: Maria on Jan 06, '15 03:17

Following on from the war against New York, and the deaths of Don Cherokee and Godmother Haven, Chicago had undergone some changes. Two new Godfathers had stepped up, and the four Godfathers of Chicago had taken the decision to proceed forwards from that point as a unified city. Not only did that make sense - together, Chicago would be stronger - but the four all got along well and were genuinely happy to be working together. 

And so, when the time came to consider whether or not Godfather Ajani should take over the role of Godfather - Chairman for the city, the decision had been made very quickly. Three yeses, given in close succession. And so, it was with this happy news that four black cars wound their way through the streets of Chicago, each carrying a different Godfather. The four would stand together in order to announce this happy news to the world.

The cars stopped in a line outside the City Hall where the leaders of Chicago generally liked to give important announcements. First to exit his car was Godfather Ajani, followed by Godfather Spunky, then Godmother Kelly_Kapowski, and finally, Maria herself. The four lined upon the steps of City Hall, and following a slight nod from Ajani to indicate that he was ready, Maria stepped forward and began to speak.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I am speaking to you today on behalf of the Godfathers of Chicago. 

As I am sure many of you are aware, the last week has brought some difficult times for our beautiful city. We have lost more faces than we could've foreseen and laid to rest more friends and brothers than we might like. Of course - this past week has not, by any means, been all bad for us. We've seen two new Godmothers rise within the city, and been joined by several new leaders. And today, I have the pleasure of announcing to you all another piece of good news out of the Windy City.

Following discussions between the four of us, I am proud and happy to today present to you, the new Godfather - Chairman of Chicago: Godfather Ajani. We feel as though he is the right man to take this role, to be the first of his kind in Chicago, and to further lead the city forward, together. I'm sure you will all join us in congratulating Godfather Ajani today, in celebrating his achievements so far, and in looking forward to the future.

Thank you all for your time."

Report Post Tip

Congrats Godfather!! Well deserved! =)

Report Post Tip

Following the announcement by his own Godmother Maria that Godfather Ajani was to assume the role of Godfather - Chairman, PaulHeyman stepped forward himself to offer some words of congratulation.

"Godfather Ajani, I wish to warmly congratulate you on behalf of The Beasts Incarnate, and the district of Suburbs. Your assumption of this role is well and truly deserved; since I was given auth by Godmother Maria to start my own family here in Suburbs you have been of great help, and have offered demonstrable support to me. The city of Chicago is truly a unified city and I look forward to working with you for a long time to come."

Paul steps forward and shakes Godfather Ajani's hand.

Report Post Tip

Curtis arrived at city hall in a long black car. Getting out he managed to look suitably together and not at all drunk or otherwise intoxicated. How long this subterfuge would last however, was anyone's guess. He walked a brilliantly straight line up the steps, greeting the other Chicago Godfathers on his way, until he arrived at Ajani. He smiled and embraced the New Chairman.

"My friend! This is an auspicious day indeed. It seems the natural progressive step for you to take this mantle on behalf of your city and at the same time, given the esteemed and enormously capable Godfathers that surround you, still a huge honor. I'm delighted for you and I look forward to not only what you can bring but what you all can bring to our society as a whole."

​Handing Ajani a large bottle of imported Cognac, he smiled at the group of Godfathers standing proud atop the steps of city hall. It was a pleasing sight. Curtis smiled broadly.

"A wonderful city being wonderfully lead... Who could ask for more?"

Turning he headed back down the steps toward his waiting car.

Report Post Tip

In the aftermath of war, it's easy for standards to drop and for any old friend of ours of rank to be thrown a bold suit just to make up the numbers. Thankfully, Chicago has the ability, the personal and the leadership for this not to have happened. Even in the shadow of a major war, that cost countless lives of great soldiers, Chicago held its standards at the very top and rolled out a number of leaders each of the highest calibre. It added new Godfathers to its ranks, to help oversee the rebuilding of the great cities across the land and now, with the instillation of Godfather Ajani at the helm, has clearly united itself as a single cohesive unit.

Congratulations Godfather Ajani. It's an honour you have earned the hard way, through hard work and utter dedication to your family and your district. It's a testament to all of Chicago and its fine leaders that this day has come, not just on your shoulders alone, so let us all partake in the celebrations together. Kudos old man, kudos.

Report Post Tip

Congratss GF,well deserved

Report Post Tip

A luxurious automobile pulled up and a handsome man wearing smart clothes got out. He had a box of cigars in his one hand and a bottle of high quality liquor in the other.

I would like to congratulate Godfather Ajani and present to him the finest box of cigars any man ever had the pleasure to smoke and the bottle of finest whiskey any man ever had the pleasure to drink.

Report Post Tip

He stepped out of his car the air was cold and he could see his breath. He looked over to his fellow Godfather and Godmother's, he shook each one of their hands and turned to the small crowd that was beginning to form.

Ladies and Gentleman this is a great moment for Chicago, it has taken some time to get to this point and I have been here for a while watching the changes go by. The Godfather's and Godmother's that ruled Chicago before us started this incredible journey and only now are we pulling off what they set out to do. 

The recent war has left the place ravaged and this is the first step in trying to rebuild. Chicago will now stand as one much like New York did GRTS. Rebuilding the cities will take time and hopefully this is the start of it. 

He puts his hand  into his pocket and pulls out his cigar case and hands each one of the three leaders one of the finest cigars money can buy. One his bodyguards runs up and lights them.

Congratulations on the role of Godfather Chairman Ajani a toast to you and to those that have been before us to make this possible. 

Report Post Tip

Pushing his way through the gathering crowds, Godmother Maria had revealed that Godfather Ajani would take on the tole of Godfather - Chairman. Nighthawk wanted to be one of the first to congratulate Godfather - Chairman Ajani, one of his very loyal colleagues and friends, on his new role.

'Godfather - Chairman Ajani, now that's something you can be immensely proud with! When times were uncertain for Chicago, you took the reins and mantle, gathered Chicago, and unified us as one, and I cannot thank you enough for this. You deserve this for all your hard work and your achievements and I look forward to the future of Chicago with you at the forefront'

Shaking Godfather - Chariman Ajani's hand, Nighthawk bustled his way through the growing crowds and levered himself into the black sedan waiting around the corner. 

Report Post Tip

The crowd numbers began to assemble faster and faster. Members from all cities and Districts were present.  Choctaw was caught up in the commotion as the crowds cheered. Choctaw watched Maria introduced the new rank for Ajani. Choctaw walked over to Ajani shaking his hand firmly.

"I would like to personally congratulate you on your new rank Godfather - Chairman Ajani. It is fully deserved, especially with you bringing together the windy city and making us even stronger. I hope for you the best in the future Ajani and that we can work closely together."

Choctaw left the crowd, weaving and turning around the members of the crowd before entering his car and leaving for some daily business.

Report Post Tip

Gideon made his way through the crowd that had gathered around the Godfathers and Godmothers he wanted to congratulate Ajani himself after all he was his friend and his godfather. As Gideon made his way to the Godfather he bumped into many familiar faces then he finally made it to Ajani 

"Ajani congrats I can think of no other person that should have this role than you, remember you have me backing up any decision you make man my father died in that last war and he would want me here to keep this beautiful city safe and do whatever you wish"

Report Post Tip

Ajani listened to all these wonderful people showing their support in him. So many kind words and people putting their faith in him, to lead them and help rebuild a once battered world. 

Thank you all for these very kind words. I will do my best not to let any of you down in Chicago and work everyday hand in hand with each one of you to making it a better place. The same goes to all the other amazing leaders across the cities, I look forward to helping lend my hands to you all in rebuilding this place. We went through a lot together, cheers to more.

Report Post Tip

Louie listen to the people celebrating in the Streets and then the Godfather himself made a appearance to join in the celebration. It was quite an exciting day in Chicago.

Congratulations Godfather. 

Report Post Tip

As buddha walk into his district he woke up with a great news our district have a new Godmother after a long long time, But we lost a great leader Shaags.

Congratulation there bud on making it, Well deserve the position! Our district have ups and down but me mange to make things to the top. For the great future of our District darling, Cheers! Goodluck bud! 

*Bounce*

Report Post Tip

Congratulations.

Report Post Tip

Lexie quickly walked out to the streets with her stethoscope wrapped around her neck. As he got close enough to listen to Maria she smirked, already knowing was she was announcing. She looked around and saw all of the support from a firmly unified Chicago. After Maria finished talking she walked over to where she stood chatting with Ajani.

Congrats Godfather Ajani on being the first Godfather-Chairman of Chicago. I trust all four GodFathers of Chicago. If they all agreed that you should take on the position of Godfather-Chairman then I just don't see how anyone could think it wasn't a great idea!

Report Post Tip

DiamonDz walked up towards where her Godfather stood and gave him a big hug,

Congratulations on the Chairmanship Mr Godfather Ajani!!, I am sure that you will do a wonderful and excellent job,

I have gathered from my mother TIIYAH's journals that she was very fond of you, 

And i hope that one day i will be able to get to know you half as well as she did.

And with that said, DiamonDz head back to work, she need to get alot done for today.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Chairman for Chicago
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL