Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 16:03:12
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
More Bunkland in Detroit please! Started by: Kelly_Kapowski on Jan 16, '15 21:33

Forgive me my misinformed or perhaps ignorant self if I recall that Godfather Whatsername had to shoot at the forts of NY to actually get the required amount of drug units to get Godfather. Because NY and PH were supposed to be allies.. But I guess not.

If we are talking about Godfather Kyubey shooting TheDude, that guy received what he deserved. You can talk about how Whatsername has to defend her family, but TheDude would have died sooner or later.. 

I didn't know I was dragging the names of 'the powers that be' through the mud, you might want to show me that part.

If I want to pick a fight with Bunk, I will do so because of my own selfish reasons and I don't need to explain it to you if you can't understand my reasons.

Report Post Tip
Well you are misinformed so think and know before you speak. If New York was a ally why the fuck would they shoot her dons? Answer me that. Must be that stellar leadership bunk is lacking right? She did not have to do that to get to godfather either. By the way tepid shot mine I allowed it, but yet New York wanted to kill Chicago. Hmm good logic. Tepid is a fucking all star by the way, so don't think I'm badgering his name. Your incredible, and you hit the mail on the head selfish.
Report Post Tip

I don't accept the apology, it's clearly false and a lie. I also don't appreciate being lied to, so please don't do that again either. 

What shooting a fort has to do with anything that has been said to date is completely lost on me. It literally has zero to do with the discussion. If that's some sort of "omg, they let someone shoot a fort... that must mean they're allies to the bitter end" then I agree. You do guess wrong. Being an ally is about far more than that. It's about having genuine trust, genuine loyalty and standing up when it counts. That failed to happen. There's no guessing involved, that's all fact.

Everyone is going to die sooner or later. Literally every single one of us. Are you now suggesting we go into full scale Armageddon shooting frenzies? If you believe TheDude should have died, fair enough. If Godfather Kyubey believed TheDude should have died, fair enough. You can't just stroll in and shoot a button man in Cosa Nostra for what you believe and not expect it to have ramifications. We have rules and we have steps that must be gone through. When those aren't followed, it gets a reaction.

I already showed you that part. When I pointed out that you were incorrect the first time. I can repeat doing it, but honestly it'll make for a dull conversation and I fear you'll just end up disappointing good Barry again.

You don't need to explain your reasons, it'd just seem far more intelligent and less rantish if you did do it. I suggested that you might, not declared that you must. I also suggested that you attempt to pick one fight at a time too, I'd focus on that bit to be honest if I were you. 

Report Post Tip

To start, this Don was shot when Whatsername was still in the Bronx under Godfather Cantillon. There was no question that TheDude would be killed soon, since he attracted heat and dislike from several Godfathers in New York. 

PH was always viewed to be an extension of NY.. And to be close allies, but that didn't work out it appears!

Everyone is going to die sooner or later. Literally every single one of us. Are you now suggesting we go into full scale Armageddon shooting frenzies? If you believe TheDude should have died, fair enough. If Godfather Kyubey believed TheDude should have died, fair enough. You can't just stroll in and shoot a button man in Cosa Nostra for what you believe and not expect it to have ramifications. We have rules and we have steps that must be gone through. When those aren't followed, it gets a reaction.

I already showed you that part. When I pointed out that you were incorrect the first time. I can repeat doing it, but honestly it'll make for a dull conversation and I fear you'll just end up disappointing good Barry again.

That is fair, yet I didn't see Don Whatsername do anything until she was apparently trusted enough with her own district. Maybe I was wrong about PH after all. It was supposed to be an 'extension' of New York, they were supposed to be allies, and they were also supposed to be a tight union of districts (a city!). The other two Godfathers even waited until Whatsername managed to get her required units, so they could get Godfather at the same time.. Guess that wasn't enough for Godfather Whatsername to trust them enough to inform them of the war before it happened though..

I already showed you that part. When I pointed out that you were incorrect the first time. I can repeat doing it, but honestly it'll make for a dull conversation and I fear you'll just end up disappointing good Barry again.

Yet again I must have missed this part; could it be that I am too blind to see it? I wouldn't want to disappoint ol' Barry though. 

You don't need to explain your reasons, it'd just seem far more intelligent and less rantish if you did do it. I suggested that you might, not declared that you must. I also suggested that you attempt to pick one fight at a time too, I'd focus on that bit to be honest if I were you. 

Thank you for your suggesting, I will look into it. And it's rather hard to keep to one 'fight' when you actively argue with me. What should I do, nod in silence?

Report Post Tip

To start, this Don was shot when Whatsername was still in the Bronx under Godfather Cantillon. There was no question that TheDude would be killed soon, since he attracted heat and dislike from several Godfathers in New York. 

Attracting dislike doesn't give ANYONE the authority to kill him. If may make them want to kill him, but that's very different from giving them the right to do it.

He was a button man in Cosa Nostra. He had the protection of this thing of ours. It's one of the most basic tenants our world is build on. If someone wanted him dead, they had to go through his family. They didn't. There's no discussion and no debate there. That's facts.

When that line was crossed, it was Whatsername that was stabbed in the back. Leaders might had believed they had the right to do anything and ride roughshod over those around them. That is never the case in this thing of ours, proven generation after generation since our shores first took shape.

PH was always viewed to be an extension of NY.. And to be close allies, but that didn't work out it appears!

It didn't. Leaders took liberties and carried out acts that weren't acceptable and could never be tolerated. When that happens, good people like the leaders in Chicago and Philadelphia won't stand by and allow it. Threats were made against hands and leaders in a frivilious and careless manner. Shots were taken without the required authorisation. Indiscretions were ignored on mass against family members, where group loyalties superseded the bonds of family.

If you wish to re-raise previous debates on things like extorting crew members clearly being admitted, playing district roulette randomly killing leaders, trolling cities or districts just to get shits and giggles, fair enough. I'm more than happy to dig through those details at the drop of a hat. I was willing to do so in the immediate aftermath of the war too... I just couldn't find anyone willing to play with me. If the time in between has left a next of kin with a new idea or spark of wisdom, super. We can play now instead. 

That is fair, yet I didn't see Don Whatsername do anything until she was apparently trusted enough with her own district. Maybe I was wrong about PH after all. It was supposed to be an 'extension' of New York, they were supposed to be allies, and they were also supposed to be a tight union of districts (a city!).

Sorry. How silly of me. The next time someone decides to wait until all the preperation is done and the correct things are in place, I'll be sure to warn them that's not the right way to do something and that they should have just run in guns blazing and died. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I've wasted years of my life on things like planning, preparation, strategy.... now that I've seen the light I can see it was all a lie. End Sarcasm Here.

The other two Godfathers even waited until Whatsername managed to get her required units, so they could get Godfather at the same time.. Guess that wasn't enough for Godfather Whatsername to trust them enough to inform them of the war before it happened though..

Given the number of bodies that lie dead in the morgue due to leaks and whispers in this thing of ours, I'm again failing to see anything here but good planning and solid execution. I'm not in a position to know who was told what and when. As, I'm fully sure, you aren't either. I'll go five steps further and say I couldn't care less.

Philadelphia is terrifically lucky to have strong, intelligent and competent leaders. They'll make their own decisions on what's in the best interests of their families and their districts without Godfather Whatsername, or anyone else, having to tell them. You know, like they should. Philadelphia was never a dictatorship, nor will it ever be one. The families always worked closely together and still do to this day. In fact the recent cross-district-everyone-get-together-for-love (I think that was the official title?) Business District competition held by the city shows that well. 

It was horrific that Godfather Gravity passed away in the war, god rest his soul. However, if that's about to be placed on Whatsername's shoulders too I'm going to need someone to start translating this discussion for me. I've never fully grasped most fiction if I'm honest.

Thank you for your suggesting, I will look into it. And it's rather hard to keep to one 'fight' when you actively argue with me. What should I do, nod in silence?

Apologise for throwing inaccurate and false accusations at Godfather Whatsername and I'll happily stop giving honest and accurate feedback to your comments. I can't promise Bunk, Kelly and others won't jump on your ass though. Until that happens, you can fully expect me to retort regardless of whether you're nodding or not. I'm terribly dull and predictable like that. It's a hard cross to bear. 

Report Post Tip

Attracting dislike doesn't give ANYONE the authority to kill him. If may make them want to kill him, but that's very different from giving them the right to do it.

He was a button man in Cosa Nostra. He had the protection of this thing of ours. It's one of the most basic tenants our world is build on. If someone wanted him dead, they had to go through his family. They didn't. There's no discussion and no debate there. That's facts.

When that line was crossed, it was Whatsername that was stabbed in the back. Leaders might had believed they had the right to do anything and ride roughshod over those around them. That is never the case in this thing of ours, proven generation after generation since our shores first took shape. 

From what I heard the war reasons were going from: ''It wasn't about the 303'' to ''We felt it was time to remove the 303'' to ''Godfather Kyubey did shit and threatened one of our twats hands''. Guess the former leadership was wrong to trust Whatsername with the position of Godfather after committing such heinous acts.

It didn't. Leaders took liberties and carried out acts that weren't acceptable and could never be tolerated. When that happens, good people like the leaders in Chicago and Philadelphia won't stand by and allow it. Threats were made against hands and leaders in a frivilious and careless manner. Shots were taken without the required authorisation. Indiscretions were ignored on mass against family members, where group loyalties superseded the bonds of family.

If you wish to re-raise previous debates on things like extorting crew members clearly being admitted, playing district roulette randomly killing leaders, trolling cities or districts just to get shits and giggles, fair enough. I'm more than happy to dig through those details at the drop of a hat. I was willing to do so in the immediate aftermath of the war too... I just couldn't find anyone willing to play with me. If the time in between has left a next of kin with a new idea or spark of wisdom, super. We can play now instead. 

Forgive me for being curt here, but I love the shits and giggles. No point at being at the top unless you can have shits and giggles, right?

Sorry. How silly of me. The next time someone decides to wait until all the preperation is done and the correct things are in place, I'll be sure to warn them that's not the right way to do something and that they should have just run in guns blazing and died. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I've wasted years of my life on things like planning, preparation, strategy.... now that I've seen the light I can see it was all a lie. End Sarcasm Here. 

Please do! I guess Godfather Cantillon couldn't expect it coming either way, since Whatsername and her crew weren't honest enough to share their (true) gun strengths with their Godfather.

t was horrific that Godfather Gravity passed away in the war, god rest his soul. However, if that's about to be placed on Whatsername's shoulders too I'm going to need someone to start translating this discussion for me. I've never fully grasped most fiction if I'm honest.

Shame his district got defiled immediately by Tetley taking it just hours after his death.

Apologise for throwing inaccurate and false accusations at Godfather Whatsername and I'll happily stop giving honest and accurate feedback to your comments. I can't promise Bunk, Kelly and others won't jump on your ass though. Until that happens, you can fully expect me to retort regardless of whether you're nodding or not. I'm terribly dull and predictable like that. It's a hard cross to bear.  

However inaccurate and false my statements might be, you won't get an apology out of me. Kelly, Bunk and others can jump on me all they want (although Bunk has chosen to ignore me!). I am looking forward to your retorts. You are indeed terribly dull and predictable, I wouldn't want to bear that cross. 

Report Post Tip

From what I heard the war reasons were going from: ''It wasn't about the 303'' to ''We felt it was time to remove the 303'' to ''Godfather Kyubey did shit and threatened one of our twats hands''. Guess the former leadership was wrong to trust Whatsername with the position of Godfather after committing such heinous acts.

Some people described the New York leadership as 303, some people didn't. The reality? It didn't matter and doesn't matter. A rose by any other name still looks like a rose, can have plenty of thorns on it and will probably make a lass gush if produced at the right time. If it helps I can suggest the reason was "The removal of the smurfs", it doesn't change anything at all.   

The former leadership was wrong to throw shit at multiple leaders. They crossed lines, they irritated leaders around them and they broke the rules of this thing of ours. They threatened hands and leaders, they killed button wearing soldiers, without thinking of or caring for the consequences. They assumed they would get away with it. It happens. They were wrong. 

Whatsername wasn't the one who broke trust. She stood up for her family. Like a good leader always would. Repeating your false claim ad nauseam won't make it any more true or dispel any of the issues I've already raised. I feel like I'm chatting with an echo chamber at times. That's an awesome thought though. It'd be like chatting to myself and getting replies. Smexy accent and everything. I'll have to see if I can build one of my own. Cheers for the idea!

Forgive me for being curt here, but I love the shits and giggles. No point at being at the top unless you can have shits and giggles, right?

Again, I'm terribly dull and boring. I'm all about the rules and responsibilities. To me shits and giggles is something that happens if I laugh while reading the funny pages, namely The Potato, while occupied in the lavatory. I'm also not at the top, so I'll have to take your *eyes the young man holding no position up and down with a perplexed look* word for it. If you've any tips for me to get there, do let me know. Perhaps a "Top Ten Tips To Touch The Top"? The Potato has been short too short on alliteration recently.

Shame his district got defiled immediately by Tetley taking it just hours after his death.

I fail to see how that's a shame?

It's a true shame that he died, and he is and will continue to be missed... but once he did the war was the ONLY priority. Given a choice between leaving the central district in Philadelphia, a vital part of the city with key infrastructure and strategic importance, open for an enemy to take hold of and filling that district with a strong and commanding leader.... you really believe it should have been left free for the city to be more vulnerable?

Again. My years of planning, preparation and strategy have clearly failed me. Believing that the priority in the middle of a war is to protect the lives of the families involved and to eliminate the threats against them is clearly a mistake. To think that removing something, in this case a central district with no active Godfather, that would give an opponent a key advantage over residents of the city and instead turn that into an advantage.... again, that's clearly a mistake. What were they thinking. Saving lies, doing things to help them in the war, stopping things that would help their opponents... they clearly should have been down on their knees begging their opponents for guidance in order to avoid these silly errors.  

You are indeed terribly dull and predictable, I wouldn't want to bear that cross.  

I consider it two of my greatest qualities.

Thankfully, many people take the time to mail me each day and remind me of it. It's very reassuring and a great confidence builder. I have always wished to be more creative though, like others here. Seeing someone that when faced with a situation where when reality doesn't meet the demands of their imagination they can simply abandon it.... that must be a fantastic way of life. I'm continually envious of it.  

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Seeing as my father is dead now, I will have to talk for him. I wouldn't want to you to remain in the awkwardness of talking to the dead. Good luck with building your echo chamber, as you clearly don't like it when I argue with you, however full of false claims I might be. You are indeed incredibly dull and boring. Your tabloid, The Potato, should indeed be used in the lavatory as it's only good enough to wipe your buttocks with. I've read it and it tries to be funny, but of course it can't be when it's editor is (you said it yourself) terribly dull and boring! 

I've never been at the top and I've never claimed to be, I merely said that I would consider being at the top worthless unless you could get some shits and giggles out of it (you know, enjoying life?). The Potato has been short of anything that can be considered of decent quality, nothing an alliteration can change.

I do believe the district been left free, no one in New York was going to move to Philadelphia. It did not affect and/or change the end of the war. I am glad people mail you daily to remind you how much of a boring twat you are. Looks like you can't abandon this thing either, seeing as you return to reply to a dead man! It is indeed a fantastic way of life and I recommend it to you, it would be refreshing for you, I think.

In the end it appears we both can't stop talking about each other, I think we should hook up.

(Oh god, and here I am, answering this man!)

Report Post Tip

The other guy died? Really? I honestly hadn't noticed. Sorry about that. I get so wrapped up in myself, my soothing and dull voice, my adorably cute if slightly sleep inducing reflection, my incredible and possibly even record breaking modesty... *drifts off into a day dream*... that I tend to lose track of the world around me. It's another of the crosses I bear. Thankfully I'm a bit of a hulk and manage with them all.

Thank you for the kind words on The Potato. It's probably the nicest thing anyone has said about it all day and above even our loftiest of expectations. I'm genuinely blushing over here. Can we count you in for covering the spot your dad had been lined up for? Don't worry about having never been at the top. Abandon that silly reality stuff and wing it. I've a feeling you'll be a natural.

You do believe? Well then. If only we'd known. When it comes to planning a war, you don't accept a 0.1% risk that is in your power to remove. If you have an opportunity to grab a 0.1% gain you grip it with both hands. To suggest otherwise is idiotic. Suggesting the central district in Philly should have been left abandoned and empty of a Godfather is wrong. The vast majority of what we're debating is subjective and open to different interpretations and points of view. That isn't one of them. Unless.... dammit. I forgot again that strategy, planning and all that jazz is wrong.... my bad.

<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)">Abandon it? This is the most fun I've had in ages. Remember, I've a terribly dull life just writing my incredibly poor paper. It doesn't even make me laugh. As long as someone says something bullshit </font>related<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)"> to my family, my district or my city I'll address it. I always have and I always will. I care for my family and I care for my friends, I'll defend them happily.</font>

<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)">Plus I'm totally trying to impress Kelly_Kapowski, think she'd be up for a threesome with us later?</font>

Report Post Tip

I would accept your offer for a threesome with Kelly_Kapowski, but I just don't connect with cross-dressers that well, sorry.

In the end we both made our points, my father died and there isn't really anything else we can talk about. If you want to call this an defeat for me, so be it. I am sad to learn you aren't getting happiness from writing your own paper, that's rather sad indeed. 

It's good that you are so keen to defend your family/district/city and I wouldn't ever hold it against you.

Report Post Tip

I said it didn't make me laugh. As a terribly dull bastard, that brings me untold happiness. I've a semi just thinking about it.

Cross dressing? I'd little thought of clothes at all, so can't say the idea bothered me.

We could try talking about the weather? The economic situation in Greece? I never was much good at this trying to make friends thing. Even Barry's forehead refuses to play with me. 

I wouldn't call any discussion a defeat or a victory. It's two people expressing thoughts and opinions. The only way anyone losses in a situation like that is if it never occurs. People can kill over words, they are incredibly powerful after all, but I'd still always see something be raised in public rather than sitting on someone's chest to the point they take random pot shots at innocent bystanders. I'd hope I swayed more people to agree with my point of view just as I'm sure you'd hope the same. That's the power of the streets and why they're such a vital cog in the machine we call this thing of ours.

Report Post Tip

I guess it's whats beneath the clothes, I'd rather not try out to see what the results are though.

I enjoyed our little back-and-forth talk. Also...

The weather sucks and the economic situation in Greece is probably even shittier than your paper! 

And on that bombshell, BrettonWoods was done with life.

Report Post Tip

Katniss listens to all the piss water flowing from some peoples mouth and merely shakes her head.

She walks over to her godfather that had introduced Bunk to this thing of ours and gives her a small nod of approval and then looks at all those that have come to congratulate Bunk.

I too would like to give you a big congratulations Bunk on your new venture in Detroit. It is nice to see that the districts there are being populated with individuals like yourself. I'm proud to see what you have accomplished and happy to see where you have gone.

She glances at the obits of a lost friend and then shakes her head.

Some people will always be full of piss and vinegar Bunk. It's those that can get past what has happened to their ancestors and move on that grow in this thing of ours. Individuals like who you have seen here will oneday learn that if they wish to live and thrive such as you have then that is something that will need to happen. Please don't let them make you stoop to their level.  Rest in peace to your previous right hand as he was someone that I had known very well.

She looks over at Daemon and gives him a nod of approval.

Good luck both of you and all of those in your family.

She gives a glance back at GodFather Kelly before lighting a smoke and stands next to them both.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Mr Moreland:D

I look forward to working alongside You and your district in the future and getting to know you's all.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: More Bunkland in Detroit please!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL