Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 18:25:36
Page:  1 
The Biograph. Started by: Sunshine on Jan 20, '15 05:17

The boat seemed to take forever to pull into the dock, she clutched the handle of her suitcase as she watched everything with wide-eyed enthusiasm, it had been a long journey from her home in Sicily, boats, trains, autos, and even a carriage ride for a mile or two, I am finally here she thought to herself as the cold night air coming off Lake Michigan breezed across her face, the boat jerks as its tied off to the horn cleat, and everyone begins to move toward the voice of a man now yelling "All ashore that's going ashore" he directed the passengers to start down the gangway onto Navy Pier which quickly began to fill up with chattering people scurrying off to their destinations,

Sunshine made her way through the crowd to the street, heading down Grand Avenue she pulled a small map from her pocket to make sure she wouldn't get lost, a few days before at one of the many stops during her journey, she was able to wire money ahead to rent a small room at a boarding house, Now with thoughts of how great her new life would be racing through her mind she barely noticed the bright lights of The Biograph Theater warming her frozen face as she turned to travel down Lincoln Avenue, she began to watch for the address she was looking for, stopping for a moment as she sees it, a beautiful brownstone with a sign hanging above the door reading -Cheap rooms for rent No Transients- climbing the stairs she starts to sing happily, 

"I got a pocket, got a pocketful of sunshine, I got a love, and I know that it's all mine, Oh, oh woah, Do what you want, but you're never gonna break me, Sticks and stones are never gonna shake me. No no ooh"

She stops singing as she enters the building seeing a sign on the office window that says -Closed be back at 9am- she swiftly turn and walks back out into the cold Chicago night, making her way to the bottom of the stairs she slumps down and puts her hands over her face not knowing where to go, or what to do next,

suddenly she remembers passing a theater a couple blocks back, she gets to her feet, dusts herself off, the echo of her high heels clicking the pavement drifts down the street, as she mumbles out loud in a soft scowling voice...

"Wonder whats playing at the Biograph.?!?!"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Biograph.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL