Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 09:21:39
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Anchored by the past Started by: Ajani on Jan 20, '15 07:35

Ajani pulled up in his black 1929 Buick and exited the car. The wind was brisk today and raised all the hairs on the back of his neck. On each side of the street, east to west, stood several mobsters residing from different parts of the organized crime community. Ajani gave a nod to the familiar faces and lit a cigar.The fresh tabacco burned and hissed as he inhaled the smooth aroma.

It had been a while since Ajani had ventured to the streets, so he had prepared a interesting subject to talk about. He figured most people could relate to this subject in one form or the other. Especially in light of the recent events.

Hello everyone, thank you for giving me a moment of your time out of your busy lives we all live. I think this subject will perk many of your interests and get different opinions. But this is one I have always wanted to talk about. This is something I feel can be the fall of a man or woman and destroy who they truly are, or some would disagree and say it makes them to be the person they are.

Grudges, personal vendetta's and childish bull shit. These are toxic vile things that can lead a person astray, on a long vengeful road of a everyday soap opera and embarrassment. We especially leaders, or the made men of families are highly respected individuals, seasoned, grown and mature, or supposed to be. We are supposed to be the ones that fresh thugs get off the boat and look up to for mentors. We are the voice that trains the next generation of mobsters, sets standards and paves the path for the future. But yet, in the past and present, I have seen some highly respected mobsters be overcome with what should be the past

What is it that drives people into a madness, where they lose their sense of dignity, honour and respect. Just to throw it all away, with no regard of their actions, to hunt a person down? Maybe this is a extreme example. How about, a person who once hated Hubert, because of something that happened in another life time. He stole his hubcaps or shot his father. So they felt the need to hate his kid, then his kids kid and so forth. A ball of hate is built and spins like furiously out of control. This now becomes the norm for this person and it's a cycle that ceases to break. Now we have a grudge built over something stupid and will last for years in some cases or a lifetime. I thought grown men and women learned to understand and over come differences? Is that not good business practice as well? Fuck business, is that not just a social skill? If you can't get along with anyone, you will not make it far in this thing of ours. I've also seen a few people take pride and say they are proud they do not get along with anyone, or are a pain in the ass on purpose. 

Now don't get me wrong, I am strictly talking about people who just can't get over a situation or a person. Or someone who just acts like a inconsiderate ass to others because they think it makes them look strong or quirky. Have people yet forgotten what respect is? And yes it works both ways.

We have just seen this recently with these bloodline killings. This proves to me people will always be stuck in their own selfish worlds of hate. It appears people are unable to move on, so I will ask this then. Is this ever justified? I would really love to see a time where people can get over their frivolous past grievances. But this seems like a lost cause.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I like the subject, but I feel that it's pushing towards a recent situation for closure. Which in all honesty, how can you call something bloodlining if you don't know whether that's the case or not?

Why can't people shoot others for no reason, without people jumping to the conclusion that it was bloodlining and blaming the suspect for killing a man just because of who he was or his father was. From what I heard, a specific individual bragged about their gun a little too much, but it's the suspect who gets the heat for shutting that person up? 

I just don't get some things about that element of this world of ours. I don't understand why people assume that it's one thing, without knowing any true reason at all for things that happen. Person A shoots Person B and then it jumps to bloodlining, grudges, and calling Person AB names. I would think that's a bit weaker argument when things play out that way.

Bloodlining is eh. Even the Gods have encouraged the people of this world to make people pay for outrageous behavior. This is proven with the changes that we get to see people's bloodlines whenever they are severely punished for that intent. But accusing someone of bloodlining without the full story is even EHHer. So, justified? It's always justified in someone mind. Hell, maybe the person was bored in particular. Maybe they just wanted to put a dent in an organization? Maybe they wanted to slow the pace of something?

In all honestly, these things are GOOD for this world in a way. If you don't have a few enemies that you bash heads with back and forth, than this place would be as boring as the past 7 days I've been alive in this world. It brings out a fire to go toe to toe with your foes. And it's exhilarating and exciting, as well. This is needed as an element to make things less boring and more intense between old enemies, just as old friends. 

The question I lay on the dinner plate is this: Why can't someone just shoot someone else without it being considered bloodlining right off the bat?

Report Post Tip

Fair point Dion. But to be honest I prepared this on January 13th and was a bit slack in finalizing it. I did however, find it appropriate and sparked me to push it forward in light of the recent events and add touches to it. People can go shoot people without that being considered in my opinion. This happens as well, but it's obviously not always the case both ways. 

How can we call it blood-lining? Because they said it was. You see it's easy to prove when people give a list of names they will be going for. There is no assuming there my friend.

Blood-lining comes in multiple forms however and killing is not the only one.

Report Post Tip

Very fair point to you as well, Godfather Ajani. 

It is normally the things that spark us to prepare for a speech, that makes it worthwhile and joyful to begin with. I just didn't see the connection with A and C, when B is clearly missing. 

But think of this as well! If I noticed right, the person of question was a Wise Guy in one city, transferred to another city and got instantly promoted three ranks and given a position of honor because of...... Dun dun dun.... His bloodline. Nothing more, nothing less. He got it because of who he was, not what he has done. So wouldn't the bloodlining be... in an awkward and strange way, a positive notion for being handed that position? Or even a negative one on behalf of the person who just handed it to him? That's a topic that would intrigue me more, and it's something that should at least be considered in this conversations. It's an aspect that makes things a bit more eye-opening. 

And also, just for sake of debate and nothing more, but if there were a list of people to kill, than is that considered bloodlining or potential war? I mean... if the list has more over X number of names, and given the nature that you normally run into the same bloodlines in this world over and over, than is that an aspect of bloodlining? A bit... maybe. But mostly, at least in my mind: No. 

I think of bloodlining as shooting the very same person over and over and over again, making it literally impossible for them to even exist in this world. If there was a sort of list of names to go for, than I feel that falls out of the bloodlining category altogether. Just a thought to ponder on, my friend!

Report Post Tip

Ok lets clear this up for you quick and simple Dion.

Why was Urien not promoted in PH?

He asked not to be as wanted to reach a certain amount of graverobs.

Was his bloodline part of why he was promoted in Detroit?

yes, but he also contributed to the family financially, physically and in pen on work round the HQ etc.

Did Urien have a big gun?

No

Was this the first time his blood line had been targeted by certain people or a group the person was a member of?

No..  

Candy's daughter was told Candy was targeted particularly in the first wave of a war because of their lineage.  As was a war, they knew the risks

Lizzie was rumoured to have been shooting someone, although aware of a plot they weren't involved.   Lizzie's son was told Lizzie was going to be killed anyway due to their gun, they weren't part of a war and the sole person shot from a district.

Chance, was told he was already been looked for due to his bloodline so decided to pro space pole to help do damage to the 303 and their allies as a pro wacker.   He died shooting  as better then being shot in his sleep.

Moloch came next laying low as allegedly war with Ny was on the cards for Starscream and LA but yet again the search was on for the BOD bloodline.  The red pen list was allegedly circulating with my name on and as the people were unattached to a certain crew in particular was more a list to target various people round different family due to their bloodlines.  Moloch died eventually after shooting Derge in the war against NY, he also advised deaver and Jynx's bloodlines to do what damage they could.

Carlos_Hathcok came into play as the lineage took on yet another persona this time with a South African accent and under the guise of a immigrant traveller just finding his way for work.  With friends assistance he stayed under the radar a harmless person yet still looked for in crew chat and in mobmails between godfathers.  

So yes this has been a long issue and down the line will appear again.   Unfortunately as most people know i have potential legitimate business in Canada in the oil industry so Urien was not even a highly active character, before dead hovering round the average of people his age.  

Bloodlining has existed for a long time, i remember orders from Roman to wipe certain bloodlines due to their family lines the same way just not on such a scale due to nothing more  than paranoia.

Report Post Tip

Chill. You're giving yourself far much more credit than what you actually deserve, to be frank.  

Who are you, again? 

Regardless, my opinion stays. So you didn't clear anything up for me besides my runny nose. My sinuses always act up this time of year. I barely come out of my house to wonder around on the streets, and in that short time I've been here, I've heard about your father boasting over his gun, in the short time he was alive, to several people. It seemed to reach the wrong ears and they shot you. Hardly seems like bloodlining to me. More of a case of your father being a pleb, all due respect. Maybe next time you shouldn't let anyone else besides your crewleader know your gun?

And it should be a standing lesson to those new to our shores or those crewleaders who don't wish to keep to the old ways. Don't ever talk about your gun to anyone other than your crewleader.... Period. Not even up for debate or argument. The first time you do, and you don't have the protection to back it up, someone might just put a cap in your face because they find it funny to set you back to notch one. That's hardly bloodlining. 

Report Post Tip

Katra had wandered late at night into the streets. Her mind wouldn't quiet so she figured that she would look for some food for thought. Hearing voices she started to move towards it. Keeping to the shadows as she listened.

Her eyes narrowed at the topic and she could feel the blood pumping in her ears. This was a discussion that always led to a boil in Katra's blood. It was something she despised more than anything.

As you said that it does work both ways. Although people will randomly shoot at others or bloodline kill them for the giggles, there is more than just that form of bloodlining.

You might be asking yourself what I am talking about but as my ancestors and I have grown to live in this world I have recognized that there are more ways to bloodline rather than just killing. I know many people will consider bloodlining as strictly killing but do you ever sit and think about other things? There is more than one way to skin a cat.

I believe that promotion withholding can be a form of bloodlining. This obviously would be hard to prove at times but it doesn't mean a leader couldn't hold back a promotion because of who someone's line is.

There is also the ability from leaders to never allow certain people into positions of power based on their lines as well. No matter how much work they have done with their current kin the past can still kick them in the ass in this aspect.

So I feel the better question is, how could you not expect people to bloodline within their means if they feel its not right, when leaders could easily do it without repercussions?

Bunk hears the discussion going on and listens intently to some of his friends ttalking when he hears Katra finish he lights a big cigar and steps forward

As Katra said bloodlining can take other forms I was warned about both her bloodline and beastmodes by people in this world and could have taken the advice and steered clear of them but then would not have found what assets they can be if you put behind them the current "opinions" 

My own bloodline has recently been called to the streets for past actions and if my leaders would have listened before I would not be here now! 

The word past is important there will always be revenge and killings this is the Mafia after all but there must be a time to let things lie for the good of business and the whole picture!

And seeing as I have now worked with beastmodes bloodline for a while now it has cost me every time but instead of turning my back I have always paid back the loyalty and trust he has shown me and the doors that have opened because of it.

Report Post Tip

I don't know the specifics of the incident being vaguely talked around here and I honestly couldn't give less of a shit about BeastMode's precis of what dead people did to other dead people before I was alive, so I'll just treat this as an objective discussion instead.

In my experience, "bloodlining" is the biggest myth still in existence in our world. The number of times I've seen people cry they've been "bloodlined" because the same person/group of people killed them and their predecessor for "no reason" is beyond count, whilst the number of legitimate instances of this happening I can track on one hand. This misnomer typically stems from one of three things:

1. Misconceptions over the intention of the attacker
  2. Denial over the victim's own contribution towards their death
  3. Delusions about the victim's own importance 

Dion's right; sometimes people shoot other people for entirely selfish reasons that have nothing to do with the identity of the victim. If that victim is someone prone to drama or comes from a long line of deceased people, then more often than not they cry "bloodlining". In reality, they may not have been targeted in any way whatsoever and just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Sucks to be you, but you haven't been "bloodlined".

Secondly, where the victim fails to acknowledge how their actions, in their current guise, contributed to their own demise. I never cease to be amazed by the volume of people who cry their innocence despite having committed acts justifying their removal. If you have a tendency to put your foot in your own mouth, most likely you've annoyed someone enough for them to want to kill you. If you engage in secret messages and plot to overthrown the ruling families, you deserve to be killed. Whether you intended that to be private between yourself and your best buddy who's actually a big mouthed moron too is completely irrelevant; you were guilty and you deserved to die. Oh, and you still haven't been "bloodlined".

Finally, and this is my personal favourite, accusations of "bloodlining" invented by people who misunderstand their own position in our world and believe themselves to be significantly more important than they actually are. There is a certain prestige/infamy surrounding those people who are genuinely "bloodlined" because they have done something so noteworthy/abhorrent that their entire presence must be snuffed out lest they repeat whatever feat of brilliance/malevolence gained them that status in the first place. Unfortunately, some people claim they have been "bloodlined" to elevate their own importance, when in actual fact they just happened to die a lot over a certain period, likely as a result of point 2. Just for the record, claiming you've been "bloodlined" to make your contribution to an era seem more significant is certainly not "bloodlining", it is just pathetic and sad.

So assuming none of these things apply and the person is genuinely being "bloodlined" without justification, then that is a pretty shameful act by the perpetrators, which should result in those more honourable mobsters amongst the cities to unite and remove them. I don't think genuine "bloodlining" is ever acceptable, however, I do also feel the majority of such claims are unfounded. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip

Obscure listens carefully to the discussion that is going on and nods as she hears the arguments being aired...
On her way home she meets her mother's old friend and tells hims about the topic that she had witnessed being discussed.

As they are walking down the sidewalk towards her house the old man nodded while smiling and replied:

The truth is my dear child that some of us have been around this world too long, so we can't be taught new tricks, no matter how hard we try to change ourselves, thus our grudges can linger on.
And regarding bloodlining, or vendetta if you want to call it, some bloodlines are infected and the disease is passed down the line, to the next of kin to carry the torch.
You simply can't cure or preach it away.

Report Post Tip

It's hard to define true bloodlining. One thing we know is that it occurs when a lineage is killed repeatedly. However, certain bloodlines are repeated offenders, and some of our bloodlines have clashed against others, repeatedly, for generations. Some of us feel hunted, and so a grudge continues. Personally, I would only hold a grudge if I felt someone had repeatedly gone after my ancestry or my friends'. However, over time, sometimes a lineage does in fact clean up their act, but in some people it is simply inherent in their genes, in their character. Usually, these become quite apparent.

One thing to remember though: This is the mafia. If you break our code, isn't it a common practice for your family to pay for it as well? 

MrSpikeS laughs

I say that not to encourage bloodlining, or whatever vague shade of it exists. The truth is that there are two types of people who are bloodlined: People who are feared for their weak and pathetic attempts to harm others verbally or in violent action and people who are feared for their capability in playing chess, if you understand what that means.

Either way, fear is the motivation for bloodlining. The irony is that the bulk of those "bloodlined" comes from the first of the two, which is described as weak and pathetic attempts... fearing weak and pathetic attempts is quite ironic, but for some reason, it brings this community some pleasure to watch these people repeatedly do stupid things. I find these attempts to be weak and pathetic because they are not realistic.

A kamikaze attack has no honor. It is illogical. As players of chess, whether we know it or not, each one of us is not a pawn. We are all kings, and a king cannot be sacrificed... because that means a total loss. Thus roguing is technically a violation of all notions of the game of chess, of this life. There are instances when we get used as a pawn for another person, to be sacrificed, but we should never be the ones to order the sacrifice on ourselves. 

The people that do it get bloodlined because they cannot stand within their squares and rise properly. They attempt to flip the board, and no one can respect a player of chess who does that. They do it from frustration. One should be far more afraid of a person that can navigate their king, themselves, to a point of advantage, with ease. 

But as a forewarning, I'd say, bloodlining should not be an issue, should a person simply stay between the squares, and respectful, of course. However, some people are just hateful, and that is just a fact of life. That comes from both directions, from the bloodliner, and the bloodlinee. 

Interesting point Barry and I see where you are coming from.

However, I agree with MrSpikeS. It does exist and I have seen and witnessed it. As of past events I have seen proof of logs that people were looking for a certain person. Or this person is a hand so we will kill him because it is him. This does happen and has and will  always happen. I have seen people do it for the reasons You have said MrSpikeS. Fear of strength or fear of them doing pathetic things. 

A fair amount of time killings are random. But not when in coffee shops it is said, I found out so and so is this guy. I will shoot him because of this. Then they find his son and repeat, or sometimes they plan and wait for the person to get a promotion or put effort into their career. 

Report Post Tip

Yes, but the repeating is what makes it bloodlining, no? I don't see the asking and looking for someone as bloodlining... I see at it as: "Looking for locals". If their son comes back, builds up again, and shoots someone completely different... will people yell bloodlining at the top of their lungs? I think they will, but they are clearly wrong about the intent, and just wish to jump to thus conclusion. Logs or not, to be honest. 

Report Post Tip

If I track your son over and over because that's who he is that is not blood lining?

Report Post Tip

With all this talk of blood lining, can anyone provide a bloodline that has been actually targeted and removed on a regular basis? I'm not arguing against either side of the discussion here. More so curious as to whom has actually been blood lined, or believe to have been blood lined?

Report Post Tip

Premeir's bloodline perhaps, at least in the old days.

Report Post Tip

Wasn't that more of a sangre por sangre thing?

Report Post Tip

Keeping track of some linage over generations is not bloodlining. It's keeing track of someone. 

Bloodlining is the act of actually killing someone, again and again and again, as soon as they are identified. Without waiting for them to commit any act or have any impact on our world. Again and again and again with the express intention of making the person give up on this way of life and leave this world if ours. It is relentless, merciless, irrational and deplorable. 

That is the definition of bloodlining. Anything else is not bloodlining. Period. 

Report Post Tip
Well said Curtis. This is why I know the recent dealings have been this as well. When there is a kill list by a group with names on it, this is blood lining. Merciless senseless acts of pettyness.
Report Post Tip

Tade wasn't one for talking much in the streets, but the recent actions of a couple of rogues made him want to have his small say.

"Godfather Curtis, what you say seems reasonable I'd say, although I find it reasonable that someone would track someone who's blood is known to build a solid gun, I also find it is only fair that he would try and stop this man's effort. In my mind, it seems quite normal for the mafia to be merciless.

I feel different, Godfather Ajani. I would consider it a ' normal ' mafia practice to plot against your enemies and dispose of them. While the plotters may have no experiences with the son, they have good reason to ' fear ' him for the sins of his father. I think it's not so much an act of pettiness or something ' childish ' when all you do is destroy those that you either fear, hate or don't want in a position of power... Or all of these."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Anchored by the past
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL