Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 23:02:19
Page:  1 
The New Desmand Started by: SevereTemps on Jan 21, '15 00:57

You know my Father thought that joining two people who did everything they could to get him to join would be rewarding, that he would work hard and hopefully move up the ranks which he did. He thought that his life would end when the lives of the people around him ended but it didn't quite work out like that.

At what point do you ask yourself, should I just move on? Should I perhaps tell the world? What do you do when all of your work is wasted for an absolutely disgusting and pathetic reason? In my opinion in this sense you tell the world, why? Simple, because if this happened to me, who else will it happen to?

So it starts like this, My father Severe had just came in from an outside exploration to receive a confession from a man he considered a friend named Ganesh showing that he had indeed killed Katra. Now this came a little surprising to him but seeing her recent events she had done to piss off some people it wasn't really a shocker. So he asked the man why? Why kill her? He responded by saying that he had screwed over a man they called Technical. This in itself is setting yourself up for death when you get a man killed and then proceed to supposedly take credits from the man a rather large sum from what was told.

Ganesh shoots Numbers4Glory and finds himself dead milliseconds after. Now Severe thinks everything is fine as he clearly did seeing as he did nothing but sit around and attempt to speak to Kelly and Aliens and see how things were going. Shortly after he is shot dead, now this was a brain fart to him as he didn't even do anything wrong. He then finds out that he died because he was friends with Ganesh and that Ganesh's kin was RH to Severe's kin.

Now call me crazy but is this not something frowned upon heavily? Actually this may be borderline bloodlining, associating dead and past kin with their future kin, the same complaints that I heard these two men Kelly and Aliens had against the 303 and anybody associated with them. 

The real question now is where does this end? Does this end right here? I hardly think so, if these two men would shoot their own member who worked his ass off for them, what would they do to a district who may end up with a rogue that harms a member of theirs? Will they shoot the entire district and claim they took him in so they are all at fault? Will innocent people die because two people believe it is acceptable to kill people just because they are friends of a dead rogue?

Is this the new age where you have to be careful of who you speak to? You have to invest everything into the marketplace because you don't have any idea whether you will be killed by this district for doing nothing wrong? Is this a time now where members who join South Side should start to question whether what they are doing is worth it seeing as any one of them could be shot tomorrow for being a friend of somebody who did something wrong and may lash out even at the slightest percentage chance? 

You tell me.

Report Post Tip

They should apologize to you in public. Everyone makes mistakes, no reason why they shouldn't own up to their own.

But there's a better chance of hell freezing over, right?

Report Post Tip

Dion my friend,

Shit better be careful. Its not even the apology I want as I am not much for apologies. I don't even necessarily care that I lost so much that I put in that these two bozos knew I put into that account. I just want to warn the great members of North Side that I know are there to be incredibly careful while you are there.

If there was one person in that district that this lesson had to be learned from it would have been me and to spare the rest, let me have the hard lesson as there are many North Side members, one Crew-Leader, that I love very dearly. Its one reason I joined there. I just hope this helps them avoid this situation in the future.

Oh and yea Hell would freeze over before these two even admitted a mistake.

Report Post Tip

You know my Father thought that joining two people who did everything they could to get him to join would be rewarding, that he would work hard and hopefully move up the ranks which he did. He thought that his life would end when the lives of the people around him ended but it didn't quite work out like that.

We hardly had to put much work in, you came to us, I gave both of you a chance.  I say both of you as yes, your father's were rather a big part of the New York machine.  You moved up the ranks, I will give you that but, there was always a seed of doubt in my mind as to whether you could really be trusted.

At what point do you ask yourself, should I just move on? Should I perhaps tell the world? What do you do when all of your work is wasted for an absolutely disgusting and pathetic reason? In my opinion in this sense you tell the world, why? Simple, because if this happened to me, who else will it happen to?

Who else will it happen to?  An interesting question.  Perhaps no-one, this was far from a knee jerk reaction, this wasn't something that had not been discussed while we sat waiting for Ganesh to drop his guard.  I weighed up the consequences, I weighed up your ancestors associations and I made a judgement call, 50/50 maybe but shit, this is the Mafia, not a fucking cosy in with grandma.......

So it starts like this, My father Severe had just came in from an outside exploration to receive a confession from a man he considered a friend named Ganesh showing that he had indeed killed Katra. Now this came a little surprising to him but seeing her recent events she had done to piss off some people it wasn't really a shocker. So he asked the man why? Why kill her? He responded by saying that he had screwed over a man they called Technical. This in itself is setting yourself up for death when you get a man killed and then proceed to supposedly take credits from the man a rather large sum from what was told.

So, yeah, you get home.  The first thing you deal with is your "friend" admitting to you that he shot Katra.  See your association beginning to look slightly spurious here?  Secondly, you were not "surprised" he had done it.  Why did you not raise your concerns with your Godfather about this travesty waiting to happen?  How did Katra set herself up to get killed?  She was loyal to her Godfather, she got info, she came to me.  The credit note's, as far as I am aware, were a gift from the God's but by all means, please correct me if I am wrong.

Ganesh shoots Numbers4Glory and finds himself dead milliseconds after. Now Severe thinks everything is fine as he clearly did seeing as he did nothing but sit around and attempt to speak to Kelly and Aliens and see how things were going. Shortly after he is shot dead, now this was a brain fart to him as he didn't even do anything wrong. He then finds out that he died because he was friends with Ganesh and that Ganesh's kin was RH to Severe's kin.

Yep, nail on the head, a rogue dies as soon as he drops his pro.  Well done champ, ten out of ten on observational skills there.  Why were you thinking everything was fine though, a close confident of Ganesh.  Surely a seed that maybe this wasn't going to end well for you had been planted the minute you found out Ganesh had shot a member of a Godfathers inner circle?  

Now call me crazy but is this not something frowned upon heavily? Actually this may be borderline bloodlining, associating dead and past kin with their future kin, the same complaints that I heard these two men Kelly and Aliens had against the 303 and anybody associated with them. 

Yes, shooting people you don't trust is frowned upon heavily in La Cosa Nostra.  You let these guys build huge empires and then sit back and wait for them to ram the muzzle of their gun in your face.  Silly me for thinking otherwise.

The real question now is where does this end? Does this end right here? I hardly think so, if these two men would shoot their own member who worked his ass off for them, what would they do to a district who may end up with a rogue that harms a member of theirs? Will they shoot the entire district and claim they took him in so they are all at fault? Will innocent people die because two people believe it is acceptable to kill people just because they are friends of a dead rogue?

Does it end here, yes, for yourself and Ganesh's kin, it does, you are not welcome in North Side.  Working their asses off is a bit of a grandiose claim, any work Ganesh put in was negated by the fact he shot Katra and though your work was appreciated it boiled down to a simple trust issue from my side.  You make the decision of who you want to work for, you sign an agreement passing your life into my hands, I made a judgement call, you don't like it, welcome to the fucking Mafia.

Is this the new age where you have to be careful of who you speak to? You have to invest everything into the marketplace because you don't have any idea whether you will be killed by this district for doing nothing wrong? Is this a time now where members who join South Side should start to question whether what they are doing is worth it seeing as any one of them could be shot tomorrow for being a friend of somebody who did something wrong and may lash out even at the slightest percentage chance? 

Careful who you speak to?  New age?  One is always careful who one speaks to, jesus, have standards slipped so much that loose lips and running mouths are the norm?  

When do we ever have any idea when we will be killed?  That is the beauty of this thing of our is it not? 

South Side though?  What have South Side got to do with this?  If you can't vent your anger onto the correct recipient I can only assume that you are not being serious with any of the above rantings.

Report Post Tip

Sorry I put the wrong district in but you can't really nitpick now can you?

You admit to bloodlining somebody because of the past, you want to say past associations? Severe has never rogue killed anyone in his life, but let us dig down to your bloodline Kelly, did you rogue kill someone in the past? Yes, Yes you did so its ironic to me that a guy who once rogue killed someone that was innocent, is now trying to act as if he is perfect. Can a past rogue really be trusted? This is what you are saying to me is that peoples past should be held against them, so now that we know you are trigger happy as the past rogue proves, can you be trusted not to end up being the one who takes down the current "empire"?

You say that my Father wasn't trusted? The way you spoke to my Father before he joined you loved him, if you didn't trust him why did you accept him? You say you gave him a chance? What rules did he break to make that chance disappear? What did he do that was so bad that he deserved to have that chance taken away from him?

You say why did I not bring it up to my Godfather? Well for one not answering his mail would maybe hurt that chance in even bringing it up when trying to initiate a conversation in the typical ways that he did. Also why would he go to his Godfather about any of this? You knew who shot her, and he knew why she was shot just like you did, I know that deep down inside that little mind of yours you knew her clock was ticking down after she screwed over a very close friend of hers, and somebody with deep connections and a lot of friends.

Don't lie to yourself Kelly about this being the Mafia, this is something that only accounts for when the shoe is on your foot, you say its the Mafia but you were perfectly fine with bitching about 303 and the things they did, but it was the Mafia so why bitch about that but this is just "Mafia behavior"

You also say standards slipping? Yea standards have slipped when a Godfather kills a hard working member of his without ever bothering to discuss anything with his member who has no history of rogue killing nor having any bad behaviors except verbal issues which would not have been an issue. Instead you shoot him and then avoid him and can't even bother to talk things out with him until a thread is issued and you feel you must respond now.

You say it was a lack of trust? Who else do you take in, befriend, talk to and say all these type of things to compliments and what not then not trust them in reality? Who else are you using charm to get them to work for your district when in reality you will shoot them the first reason you are given whether it is dumb or not?

See that is my issue right there, so let me correct myself as I would be lying if I said I paid attention to the district I wrote up and focused more on the focal points. Is anyone in North Side safe? Can you actually believe anything Kelly tells you when in reality he will kiss your ass to your face but secretly not trust you in private?

This is what I have gained out of your reply Kelly is that you cannot be trusted as you are incredibly two faced and that anyone residing in North Side now should be incredibly careful about working too hard as in reality you may kiss them in public, but secretly you don't trust them and will toss them out the first chance you get.

Report Post Tip

My, my. Before I came here I traveled through Latin America, a place where the disparity between rich and poor is almost beyond description, where poverty is rife and death comes in the night like  a shadow; even then, people did not complain about their lot in life to the extent that the son of Severe has here.

Nevertheless, both Severe and his son a re dead; so rather than speaking of them, I should counter some points raised, no?

There was a political thinker I'm sure many of you will be familiar with called Socrates. A fantastic theorist, but not infallible. He claimed notions such as justice and morality were unchanging, incorruptible and absolute. One of his contemporaries is a man you may not be familiar with: Thrasymachus. Boldly, he claimed the truth was opposite to the version offered by Socrates. Morality is not absolute, and the only definition of justice is an outcome that is favourable to the powerful. Now, we're going to have a pop quiz and I'd like to keep our old Athenian comrade Thrasymachus in mind as we do so.

Why is it that I am allowed to shoot an unsponsored gangster?
Why is it that I am not allowed to shoot an sponsored gangster?

It is not enough to say 'because  they are the rules', it is a facile answer. We must look further. Why are those the rules? Well, I would put forward the following argument: They are the rules because they are ways of doing things that are agreeable to the people in charge.

These rules do not exist because we give a shit about the gangster, they exist because we give a shit about the commodity of the gangster. This is why killing an unsponsored gangster is ok; all Leaders can collectively say 'that doesn't negatively affect me in any way.' When a sponsored gangster is killed, that is not the case. The result is an unfavourable outcome for the powerful, and so the powerful say 'This is prohibited'.

Why am I telling you this? Because it is an inescapable truth of doing business, it can be applied to any set of action and reaction.

Might. Is. Right.

When Kelly decided she was going to kill Severe, she weighed the decision in her mind. She came to the conclusion that Severe being dead was a more favourable outcome than Severe being alive. She made a ruling. Severe died. There is no objective morality in this, no notion of right or wrong. The very idea that it is felt that she needs to apologise is laughable inane. The only notion of right or wrong in our unique society emanates from power. This power may come in many different forms; the bullets in a gun, the size of a wallet, the strength of political connections.

Ultimately though, you cannot argue that Kelly was wrong in what she did. She was not. She was right, because she says she was right. One day, this will no longer be the case. One day, everybody here will die. Kelly, me, my own Godfather. Even Justded will pass on to the other side. This will happen because somebody else says 'You say you are right, I do not believe you are, I believe I am right'. They will follow this up with action. 

The truth still holds; justice is always the preference of the powerful. As long as the powerful people say you are wrong, you are wrong. You are wrong until you enforce your own ideology, through whatever means you are able.

It is not pretty, it is not fair, and for a marxist revolutionary such as myself it is at times extremely unpalatable, but it is the nature of the world in which we live and it is the way we do our business.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $670,000 Tip

Corvo listened closely to the words of Guevara, nodding along as he spoke. He had been watching and listening throughout the whole situation, and as Guevara concluded, he gave a small applaud.

That is exactly how it works, and I don't think anyone could have said it better.

Report Post Tip

Sounds like an extremely long-winded way to say the same old "Rank up and do something about it." that people have been saying on the streets since time itself began.

Report Post Tip

I need some way to maintain my lead over Curtis in the 'Brooklyn's Biggest Bombastic Bastard' stakes, after all.

Report Post Tip

Severe, while our bloodlines are friendly and always have been, I sorry that you are 6 feet under, but please friend, show a little decorum. You are coming across rather much like a dick, your lineage is better than that! While I had no baring on what went on, if a GodFather wants to kill you, they will, its simple. You should know this by now, you've been around long enough to understand this ethos.

what does really irk me is the whole blood-lining shout. The term Is far to easily passed around these days, its sad, it really is. Blood-lining should never be a tool for a rant or a format to get the gods involved. Just because someone decided to kill you, it doesn't mean that you're being blood-lined. All it does is cheapen the action for when blood-lining really is taking place. The boy who cried wolf, kind of logic.

I'm so pissed off of hearing that "i'm being blood lined" because I cant get promo, I cant have bg's, they wont give me access to the IA list, bore off! There are so many other factors that come into play. Every time someone dies, they cry BLOOD-LINING, its a pathetic attempt to create something that doesn't exist. If its deemed that you knew what was happening, if its deemed that you laughed at him, supported him, fuck knows but if your hierarchy thinks that could be a problem because of this, or whatever the fucking reason, they have the right to pew you in your face, there is no simpler action.

PS, no-one can replace Desmand on the idiot front.

RIP, friend.

Report Post Tip

I've only just woken, I'm still half asleep, I've yet to have an evil minion fetch me some coffee and I still have morning wood... that last one might just be due to the common mentions of Kelly and her ass though. What? Nobody has mentioned her ass? Sorry, I'm obviously just hearing what I want to hear so.

In spite of all those things though, I feel the need to speak out. This topic is too important not to speak out on.

Bloodlining is wrong. It shouldn't happen. When it happens, EVERYTHING should be done to stop it!

So far we're all on the same page? Great. Just what I wanted to hear.

So, lets look at the situation here a little closer shall we.

Was there bloodlining? Yes.

Was it abhorrent? Yes.

Should EVERYTHING possible be done to stop it? Yes.

So we're all still on the same page? Great. It's basically a one pager here, so if you get lost stop licking the windows and just look back at the one page again.

So, who was bloodlined? Urien and Numbers4Glory. 

Had they done anything wrong? Lots. They were both fairly proficient at fucking things up. That said, they hadn't done a single thing to warrant or justify an attack on their life.

Why were they killed? For personal disputes going back generations. For bullshit. Bloodlining.

Who killed them? Urien was killed by Paperclip, a relative of Cantillion. N4G was killed by Ganesh. 

Hold on a minute there Setanta you fabulous motherfucker you, who killed Katra? Katra was also killed by Ganesh. If you'd waited a minute you inpatient fuck, with your silly Irish green accent, I'd have gotten to that too.

Sorry. Will you carry on if I don't keep interrupting you smexy bastard you? Yes.

Technical and Cantillion *whispers start in the background of 303303 until Setanta shoots them a dirty look* wanted the BOD (Urien) and Epsilon (N4G) bloodlines dead. They disliked them for clashes between bloodlines in the past. They carried those grudges forward and had them them killed for it.

As part of this move they openly queried Katra on locations. Katra, in loyalty to her Godfather, reported this act. This got one of the two gentlemen in question killed, under whatever alias he was concealing his identity under at the time. This breach of loyalty... fuck me, did I really just say that? Sorry. This act of great judgement where Katra did EXACTLY the right thing in reporting such plans to her Godfather was clearly seen as 'disrespect' or an 'insult' to the Technical bloodline, who then ordered Ganesh to kill her too. To quote in his own words "I had a debt to pay".

So. There was bloodlining. There was terrible acts with no possible excuse or explanation. There was bloodline loyalties being shown to Technical and bloodline orders being given by Technical to kill people over... bloodlining. So for anyone to suggest there's no bloodlineing is bullshit. It's very obvious. 

If Ganesh, not his bloodline, went on to implicate Severe, not his bloodline, in this... well, that's for Kelly to make a call on. I don't have all the facts and in reality don't give a shit about them. The actions of Ganesh, and those of Technical and many that support him, have done more than enough to cast shadows over many. If trust comes into question, we stamp out the problem.

People are crossing lines with bloodlining. Yes. Any steps should be taken to prevent this complete and utter bullshit. Yes. Kelly took the steps she believed were required to help stop this bullshit. Yes. Great, we're all still on that same page. Man, I hate when I give this shit away for free. It really would have been better in The Potato.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

I've said my piece with regards to "bloodlining" elsewhere and I don't know the specifics of what Severe did or did not do to comment upon his death specifically. However, if my interpretation of what happened is correct, my thoughts on this are pretty simple; guilt by omission is still guilt. Failure to report something up the chain that you knew was going to happen/happening makes you just as culpable as those pulling the trigger. Credit to Katra for having the wherewithal to do the right thing. Shame on those who didn't.

Report Post Tip

Wow, admin are on top of this OOC shit! :) Props.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: The New Desmand
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL