Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 18:57:53
Page:  1 
The Forgotten Started by: Chun_Li on Jan 22, '15 05:06

While in LA on business, Chun_Li had a bit of time to check out the sights and going's on around the city..as she wandered along, she passed a young man muttering to himself. It wasn't unusual behavior and wouldn't have paid the man any mind were it not for the thing's he was saying. "How does one make any money in this world of our's? Just what have I gotten myself into?" Clearly the young fellow was a bit overwhelmed, lost as to what to do, how to begin..

A light rain began to fall as Chun_Li strolled along, thinking about the mans words..it's a common thing to be forgotten once you joined a crew. She remembered her kin telling her how hard it was when she first joined the mafia world..Being alone in a strange city, knowing only two people who offered advice when they had the time. neither the CL, or hands bothered to reach out and see if she needed anything, didnt offer any start up cash..unless she asked, no one other than the two friends offered any real advice other than the vague info found in the Crew HQ..you're invited into a family, then basically left to your own devices..Unless you're friends, bed buddies, or somehow related to the GF's or CL's, good luck finding any real sense of direction she mused..there's no sense of family, no true feeling of belonging..you're just forgotten, unless you forget to tribute regularly or to pay your taxes, then they notice you, if you're lucky with a bullet, to put you out of your lonely, miserable life..

Chun_Li then remembered earlier in the day, a different fellow expressing similar feelings of being at a loss as to the best way to start making money and acquiring a gun, building it up into a fine weapon. She'd offered him as much info as she could, afterward musing ..

"Welcome to the new Mafia, where the Godfather's and CL's and close assoiates are so wrapped up in their own lives and clicks, that they could care less to make the time to teach their new recruits the ropes so they'll eventually become successful enough to become a contributing member of a family. If you dont have the strength, smarts, intuitiveness, or a driving will to survive long enough to succeed on your own, then you don't have what it takes to survive in this world of ours."

Report Post Tip

Kalebear listened on to the woman that was speaking. The tale she was telling was one full of sadness. She thought carefully on the topic and decided to approach the woman. Getting her attention with a smile.

"I know that it seems that Godfather's and Crewleaders do not care for their members, most do. I have found that if such things go on that being the one to step forward and voice a concern can usually help. Although if that carried on afterwards I would not remain there.

It is not always easy to grasp the way of our streets without much help in the beginning. Everyone deserves a leader that will speak to them. That takes the time, or at least has a committed group, that will take the new associates under their wings and teach them. A leader that does not make contact at all though, is no leader in my opinion. They are merely the collector of everyone's paycheck.

There is another route to go. You want to stand out? Make yourself present. Interact with others. Help those new associates without having to be told to. Do something that will get them to take notice that you are not a number.

Whatever the circumstances are reach out and take control of your choices. It is you who chooses to work for someone like that. You chose the place you wanted to be. This is why I stress so much that everyone should speak to all leaders or sponsors of different families. There is a fit for you (hell if there is one for me, there is one for everyone) that will make you want to be a better mobster in this community. That will make you enjoy your work. It is a tedious job after all so why not enjoy what you can of it?

On the flip side, if you are the associate take care of who you are picking to work for. Really speak to a leader or their crew about the crew you are intending to join. Get a feel for what their atmosphere is like. Hell it doesn't hurt to ask what their goal is as a district or what they may be aiming for in terms of associates.

Do they want active people that could participate or learn to participate in the streets? Do they want people that do their own thing? Does family come first to them or friendships? There are so many other questions you could ask just to get a feel. You do not need to accept the first invite off the person who spoke to you."

Report Post Tip

Chun_Li considered the words kalebear had just spoken..she had some really good advice, and a point of view she hadn't really considered.

"Thank you for taking the time to listen..While i've experienced the things i've mentioned, I've been fortunate enough to have a couple of people around to help me with my questions, and i've made some friends in my short time in this world of ours that have also helped..but this has less to do with me and more to do with the ones that just joined our world, that have no bloodlines that go back years, that can explain the way of things that help someone along..How is a person brand new to our world, supposed to learn our way of life, learn the meaning of respect if the CL's and hands dont take the time to teach them? Speaking for myself, I can honestly say a simple "thank you" from a CL even if its just for a tribute goes a long way.."

Report Post Tip

Tony listens on as Chun-Li speaks and Kalebear offers her opinions. He nods at everything Kalebear is saying and then speaks up himself.

"I believe Kalebear has hit the nail on the head. We must also remember that Godfathers, Dons, Crew Leaders and even their hands can be extremely busy this is why it's very important to have good members who can help each other out. I have been helped out tremendously by my Don, his hands and even other members of my city although not in my crew. Likewise I return the favor to those new mafioso coming in. It's a team effort or dare I say a FAMILY effort to get everyone on board and well informed.

If your Godfather/Godmother, Don, CL or hands don't reach out to you well then you can definitely reach out to them and I am sure you'll get a response where they can direct you to the right person or place if not themself.

I must say after seeing these types of things we in South Philly are extremely lucky to have the likes of Godmother Whatsername and Don Utopia who have always kept their doors opened for us and  personally acknowledge what we do."

Tony tips his fedora and continues to listen on.

Report Post Tip

First of all, there isn't a Don in the world who doesn't care about their members because if they didn't, they wouldn't have any and then they wouldn't be a Don as they wouldn't have a family. I suspect what you mean is there are some Dons who do more than others to get to know the people who work for them, which is entirely subjective.

Secondly, if you believe there is anything new about someone being greener than grass and not immediately knowing what to do, you're delusional. Everyone here at one time or another had absolutely no conception of how to make money or distinguish themselves from the crowd. Those things are usually learned through being shown, by doing them yourself, or in most cases a combination of the two.

There are very few families where the sponsors don't ask something along the lands of "have you been around the block before" to potential recruits and those who answer in the negative, are virtually always taught the basics and at the very least are shown where to access pertinent information for themselves. And, I have never, ever, encountered a family where if you asked someone for help they wouldn't give it to you. If you know of one, please name and shame them.

Really, everything you need to learn how to succeed is available to you. If you choose not to find the answers or ask the people who can help you, the failing is your own. 

Report Post Tip

"Welcome to the new Mafia, where the Godfather's and CL's and close assoiates are so wrapped up in their own lives and clicks, that they could care less to make the time to teach their new recruits the ropes so they'll eventually become successful enough to become a contributing member of a family. If you dont have the strength, smarts, intuitiveness, or a driving will to survive long enough to succeed on your own, then you don't have what it takes to survive in this world of ours."

You've painted everyone with a wide brush there, and you couldn't be more wrong. Most people care. Hell, most people go out of their ways to teach new faces about this world of ours. Time, effort, understand, and desire to see people learn, grow, and expand are put forth. At the end of the day, its up to the new faces to grasp some of the basic concepts thrown at them. If they don't, they'll be swimming with the fishes soon enough.

I've been around this world in multiple times. Nearly every time, hard working dedicated people have offered to take me under their wing and educate me on the proper ways of this world. Once in a rare while, I've stumped across an inept leader, but they usually die quickly. The smart and the strong survive here. It is the way of our world.

If you're not happy about the way people are doing things, take it up the chain of command and offer to lead the way to change. I'm sure your boss and Godfather would love some assistance in getting the ball rolling on proper ways of educating people.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Forgotten
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL