Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 23 - 18:22:20
Page:  1 
A Lock With A Pick Started by: Leaflet on Jan 27, '15 09:05

The job was complete bar one thing: we had to pick the lock to the vault door. This is no easy task for anyone and requires skill of the highest nature - the slightest movement will break your pick in two (as many have experienced on this vault). It was at a lone Los Angeles National bank, which some Eliminators had electrified their way into.

Aegon had attempted this puppy for many hours, he was becoming a force with his tools but this was too great a feat for him - they needed someone with a little more oomph. The crew went through their list of names of top lock lock pickers around the world. To their surprise their Don Leaflet was number 10 in the world of lock picking, with over 500 locks picked.

Moonbeam yelled at Sharknado2 to get to Leaflet who was busy at Hollywood sign prancing around for no reason at all. Sharknado2 sped away he had to hurry, they only had a few hours to sunrise. He approached the sign, slammed on the brakes and the car came to rest a couple of feet in front of Leaflet.

"Sir we need you, we just found out you're number 10 in our world of lockpicking. We're stuck at the bank, Aegon cant get it open! Please Sir, there be a big score for us!"

"Well lets get on to it!" Leaflet replied

They jumped in the car and drove for 27mins, back to the bank. Luckily there was little traffic - petrol prices are through the roof and with corruption rife in the streets, citizens were too afraid to venture out at night. Leaflet pulled out a cigar to relax him and get him in the mood, he had a routine for these types of jobs, some would say he had tunnel vision. As Shark2 pulled the car around the corner, he hit the kerb and the car jumped on two wheels. Don Leaflet scowled at Shark2 - he'd dropped his match.

They slowly pulled up in front of the bank, Shark2 was jumpy after Leaflet's look. They stepped out and Leaflet struck a new match and lit his cigar. Walking inside, Moonbeam was in right state, she was paranoid about time they had. LittleAlpha took her away for a cup of tea so that Leaflet could work in peace.

Leaflet knelt down and examined the lock in detail. He checked the brand and the condition of the safe. There was bit of a pick from Aegon's last attempt left in there, this was going to be tricky. Leaflet took a deep breath, his hands were a little shaky. As he turned the barrel his supersonic hearing heard a slight click - 1st coil was down in the barrel, 3 more to go. The sun was going to be up in an hour... good news for all, looks like its going to be a quick pick!

Leaflet stood up tapped off the ash of his Cigar. As the crew stood and watched, he tapped the door with his foot.

"No match for world number 10"

Report Post Tip

"You make it look easy, Leaflet."

Report Post Tip

"Thank you, Barney_Ross all about a smooth ride Stress gt you no where, the key to locks is remianing calm, well Safe cracking is a whole other ball game"

Report Post Tip

"My father's father's father told him that same exact thing. Still can't get the hang of it though."

Report Post Tip

"in time my young friend you shall reach the list of great lock pickers, then your ph shall ring forever"

"patience is a virtue, with all things of this nature"

Report Post Tip

BlackJack wander the streets of Los Angeles whistling to himself and tapping his feet as he walks along. He pauses for a moment just opposite the National Bank, with draws a cigar from his right breast pocket, cuts and and lights. As soon as the cigar is lit BlackJack takes 6 puffs. BlackJack reaches into his left pocket and takes out his wallet, he rummages through it until he finds a small envelope marked 'Los Angeles National Bank vault 888'. He opens the lid of the envelop and tips its a small silver key into his hand. It was a gift from his grandfather, Don BlackBlack. BlackJack brings his cigar to his lips once more and takes a further 6 puffs before cutting the end and placing the remainder of the cigar back into his right breast pocket. He removes his hip flask from his left breast pocket, slowly unscrews the cap and takes a quick swig of whiskey before promptly replacing the lid and returning the flask to its place. He grins to himself as he relives memories of his grandfather. BlackJack walks across the road toward the bank and noticed that several police officers are surrounding the opening. Unthreatened by the presence of law enforcement, BlackJack approached one of the police officers:

"Excuse me officer, what the hell is going on here?"

The officer immediately recognises BlackJack and refuses to co-operate with him. BlackJack slips the officer $50:

"I'm sorry officer, I did not mean to come across so aggressively. Do you mind telling me what is happening at the bank?"

The officer smiles and nods at BlackJack:

"Well certainly sir. It appears that the vault has been broken in to overnight. All of the deposit boxes have been completely cleared out. I am sorry, I can not let you inside at this point in time. The bank is closed."

BlackJack immediately takes out a wad off cash from his pocket, he counts out $200 and slips it into the officers pocket. BlackJack moves towards the door of the bank but the officer stops him from entering. BlackJack turns to face the officer and respectfully says:

"I am really sorry officer, I am just concerned for the safety of my family heirlooms, I have them locked in deposit box 888."

BlackJack shows the officer the small silver key. The officer allows him to pass through the doors of the bank and into the foyer. BlackJack proceeds through to the vault and steps inside, he slowly runs his hands along the deposit boxes until he finds box 888. He slams his hands against the wall and exclaims:

"FUCK!!!!"

The deposit box is left wide open and there is nothing inside. BlackJack immediately makes his way to the exit of the bank. Just before walking out of the door he stops dead in his tracks and stares at the top of its frame. He notices gentle burn marks which seem fresh and sooty. He runs his hands along the marks and can feel fresh soot come off onto his fingers. He immediately commences his journey out of the door and catched the first taxi to the Airport. Once he arrives at the airport he jumps on a plane headed directly for Las Vegas.

3 Hours Later...  

BlackJack steps off the plane and flags down the first taxi:

"Take me to the Strip please driver...

Shortly after, the taxi arrives at the HQ of The Electric Eliminators. BlackJack immediately exits the taxi and bursts in the front door of the HQ. He briskly walks past all of the members gathered within the HQ and bursts into Leaflet's office. BlackJack removes his gun from his holster and slams it down onto Leaflet's desk:

"What the fuck have you done with my shit!"

Leaflet looks stunned and confused/ BlackJack immediately notices that Leaflet genuinely has no idea what the hell is going on. BlackJack turns his back to Leaflet and takes a moment to compose himself. After a quick sip from his flask, BlackJack turns to face Leaflet once again:

"I am really sorry about my outburst mate, I am just really angry. I saw the scorch marks on top of the door of the Los Angeles National Bank and immediately knew they were left by your guys electrifying their way inside. I held a key to a deposit box there. The box belonged to my grandfather, Don BlackBlack."

BlackJack removes the envelope containing the key from his pocket and places it on Leaflet desk.

Report Post Tip

Leaflet was patting his English sheepdog Max at the time, she loved a good pat on the head - it made her leg kick out like crazy. Leaflet heard his old fellow colleague from the other side of the strip waltz into his office yelling about some old book that he took from LA.

This sparked his memory a wee bit, it was starting to come back to him. There was a black book in there, what did I do with it?

"Drink Mate"

Leaflet walked to his port bottle on a stand in the corner of the room. He poured 2 glasses, passing one over. There were two leather chairs near black jack where Leaflet was looking

"Let us sit. I recall a book being in there, just cant quite remember what I did with it. Wait..."

It was all coming back as the port warmed his throat

"I did skim through it, didn't take much notice of it relating to you. I threw it down on the couch in the room that night, I believe Sharknado or crisscross picked it up, I heard them laughing about something and they had the book in their hands. My apologies, I can't help you at the moment, unless you want more port and one of these fine Spanish Cigars?"

Leaflet smiled sitting there with Max lying in front of him, waiting for a response. Blackjack looked a little pissed off but this didn't really bother Leaflet... at the end of the day he knew Black would eventually get his book back.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Lock With A Pick
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL