Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 04:58:01
Page:  1 
TheNewGuy has gotten old Started by: a-true-soprano on Jan 27, '15 18:24
Soo, I guess its time for me to write some words in order to say goodbye, so long, or whatever this turns out to be.

I've been fortunate enough to have known about this place, and spent a shitload of my time around here over whats close to 12 years now.
Over those years, I've become, well older, and that fact is making it harder and harder for me to enjoy this place.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the game, and the people. And me getting older havent really changed that fact. However I've spent the last 12 years going through studys, and starting to build myselfe a career, I've been blessed with 2 beuatiful daughters, a wife, a dog and the whole package. I simply don't have the time to spend on here anymore.

And because of the above mentioned, I've started to lose interest. I'm the kind of guy that cant be half in. It bores me when I cant stop by irc and chat, take part in the game politics, hell as of late I had enough keeping up with the changes that was being implemented from time to time.

So when my last, and by far most successful character was shot dead today, I decided time had come for me to leave this place behind. At least for a good while.

For those of you interested, I'll give you a brief look at the stats of TheNewGuy, although I hardly find them interesting and even less impressive myselfe.

Time spent: 750 hours
Wacks: 890
Bg wacks: 1280

I had a good kill count, but these days its really not that hard. I have to admit, all I pretty much did was buy a shitload of credits, and spend them either on mias or to find me bg's, it worked, and let me build a decent gun without any real work put into it. Kind of a shame its even possible in my eyes.

Either way. I've never bothered with a spreedsheet, so no sharing my wacks. Only were two interesting shots there anyways. Amethyst and FutureStealer.. Sorry for not leaving you any whispers.

So, before I leave this place for good, I wanna send my regards and say thanks to some of you. There's far to many of you to thank personaly, but you all know who you are;

The LaFrat guys (and girls) - I love you, with you I found a connection and brotherhood that I never thought I'd find online. You're all amazing.

The Czylharz gang - I love you to. You always made me feel welcome and included, even though I only kept in contact every so often.

To the admins - thank you for making and upkeeping this place, I've sure as hell done my part in paying you at least some salary the last year, but I'm sure you deserve so much more.

To the guy that shot me - thank you. But you're still an ass for doing it.

And with that ladies and gentlemen, I bid you farewell.

ATS
Report Post Tip

Laters dude and all the best in life.

I'm always glad to see old players leave, as it means they've finally gone and got themselves a real life. Have fun man!

Report Post Tip

We go way back and our paths have always crossed, will miss our chats! Never thanked you properly for everything you did for me when I had my Jake run. You are a rockstar, a soldier and a great friend. 

Not stop hitting golf balls in a simulator and get yourself out on the course! 

Report Post Tip
Forever Chilled, Czylharz forever.

Good luck in life fella.
Report Post Tip

Im gonna miss you man Its been, Enjoy your time with your family and the finer things in life. Hell stop in from time to time just to say hello.

Enjoy your time my friend

Fridge/El Capuchino

Report Post Tip

In all the days, hours, weeks, months and years I've known you ATS, I'm still not sure I've ever heard you say a bad word about anyone. You've had them killed or killed them yourself, sure, but never said a bad word about a soul. 

I still vaguely remember all the time you invested into translating documents from Norwegian for me for my thesis all those years ago, the days and nights warring and pro'ing being passed with nothing more than a collection of shocking jokes (mostly yours, mine were always top notch) and so many conversations about nothing what so ever. 

The kids are getting bigger, the wife is tolerating you and work will always be a pain in your ass... but wouldn't change any of them for the world. Enjoy walking away from these shores and be sure to use FB or whatever you fancy to stay in touch with plenty of us going forward mate. You were the one that dragged most of us back here when we'd taken our own breaks ;)

Look forward to the next time we do chat Mort, it's always a pleasure old friend.

-Paul.

Report Post Tip

Oh well, have fun outside of here. I do hope to see you around again in the future. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: TheNewGuy has gotten old
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL