Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 14:33:48
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Food for Thought Started by: stillnotsorry on Jan 27, '15 23:43

Barry, consider this - Ajani, Whatsername, Aliens et al, by their own admission (via the take-down thread) simply first waved NY and allowed the remaining crews to make their own decision about whether or not to join in the massacre. Imagine, if you will, that their alliances decided not to join in and left an angry NY on the rampage. It's a very real possibilty that one or more crews could have been removed from the attacking side. Would that have made their leader "selfish" or "idiotic" for launching a pre-emptive strike?

To my knowledge, the Bella Vista fight was not one with any city or crew other than those in the remainder of PH. Had rPH's alliances not intervened, the outlook probably would have been vastly different, as the NY take-down could have been vastly different. My question is this - if PH's allies hadn't intervened and Inertia had succeeded, would you be currently singing her praises for a successful risky venture?

Just to be clear, this was not - as far as I'm aware - intended to be a suicide mission, so labelling Inertia disloyal, selfish, idiotic or whatever else you want to call her is not only uncalled for, it's entirely erroneous unless you know for a fact that she acted alone and consulted no-one.

Report Post Tip
Attacking the late Godmother Whatsername and not expecting her allies to retaliate was extremely foolish. Piss poor planning. Inertia lost it all over some very foolish nonsense.
Report Post Tip

And you are extremely foolish to believe that they thought there wasn't going to be a retaliation. I think they did quite well, seeing what they were up against.

Report Post Tip

Hearing a group of individuals on the nearest street corner gathered around and in a heated debate afghan decided to wander a little closer and see what they were talking about. As he listened to Barry he really got intrigued with what he was saying and because he had differing views he decided to approach and let them be heard.

Barry, I have to disagree with you. This choice has been made many times before this occurrence and I am positive that it will keep happening time and time again. Now I don't know every fact that caused this so I'm basing this on that you believe a bad leader is one that jumps first when they are fairly certain they will all be taken out, not the recent events we all just went through. If they are fairly certain of these whispers or another leader has came forward with some demands why would you just bow down and take it? Are we not men of honor? I personally would much rather stand and fight with those that wanted to fight with me and show my enemy that I am not that person that cowers when someone tells me I must do something or face death or rather a threat on my families lives. I'm sure that those the individuals that would fight with any leader that made this choice would have the same ideals as well. Those that don't usually end up taking their own life or leaving the family and setting themselves up which normally doesn't turn out so well on their end. I will say that these choices outlined here are some of the toughest to choose from.

Report Post Tip

At no point did Inertia ever believe her district wouldn't be attacked, that would be incredibly foolish to believe. You can't attack someone and expect them not to attack back. What you can do though is, plan it so you can do as much damage as possible before the other side can realize what's going on. To that end, I say she planned well.

Report Post Tip

Let's be honest Revy, the choice is actually a pretty fucking long way from being perfect, isn't it?

They are in the aggressor's family. They are relying on the kindness of the people their leader attacked/is attacking to take them in. They then have to forsake the vows they've sworn to their current family in order to join another. They then have to deal with the consequence of the message that sends to their new family. They also have to be believed as to not be working for the old family or helping them. And this is all assuming they were even awake to read the choice presented in the first place, which sounds like a rather untenable position to me.

I don't want this to be misconstrued either; I don't blame any of the family members for going along with it because not only did they have little alternative, they wanted to remain loyal to their leader which is 100% commendable. Putting your family in a position where they can be slaughtered or be traitors and then slaughtered, doesn't change opinion in any way as to the lack of leadership displayed and is something I consider to be a betrayal of those who put their trust in you.

CarmineFalcone, not that it is relevant, but if Ajani, Whatersname, Aliens et al had ordered the move on NY and it resulted in all of their families being slaughtered to a man, I would definitely categorise the move as being idiotic, yes, because it would have gotten them all killed.

If this wasn't a suicide mission, where is the explanation of events? Where is the mail she sent to the other leaders explaining her actions? Where is, well, anything to suggest more thought went into this than "going out with a bang" as LittleSovvyyy put it? I didn't and still haven't seen something to give me that impression.

afghan-mango; no that isn't what I believe at all. I think there is an awful lot of poor leadership excused as "going out with a bang" and this is just the latest in a very long line of examples. An entire family was lost as a direct consequence of the actions of their leader. How can that be praised or celebrated in any way shape or form? As a leader your primary duty is to those people who work for you, who earn for you, who trust you and ultimately become family to you. Setting them upon a path that ends in all of their deaths is a criminal failure in your duty. Why? Because it was your move to make; you weren't attacked, you had options and you made the choice that resulted in everyone you were responsible for dying.

Report Post Tip

WhereWasI vomited the following onto the collective conscious of this thing of ours:

"Anyone dumb enough to pass on any kind advantage at all is an idiot so I'd venture it has more to do with not being an idiot than an ego trip.  If you're also the sort who thinks that people are really killed off for their street presences anymore, you're greatly mistaken. This game's been evolved passed that for quite some time and my bloodline is a bright and shining example of that. Although it's possible, it's highly unlikely based on how far so many have recently gone in stretching the notions of what is and isn't okay so the dude probably realizes he has no reason to fret from just his speech presence."

First of all, passing on advantages can and does often create extra advantages.  That you cannot see it explains your bloodline's lackluster career path.

People can and do get killed for going to far on the Streets.  That you cannot see it explains your bloodline's lackluster career path.

By "this game", I will presume that you actually meant to say "this thing."  The only thing that your bloodline is a bright & shining example of is running off with your tail between your legs, not unlike "a bitch", then coming running back and running away from your responsibilities.  That you cannot see it explains your bloodline's lackluster career path.

Your trajectory is in terminal decline and will remain that way.  You have declared war on a district for reasons that haven't been disclosed and have thus far received no censure.  

Take notice that I will track you and report all suspicious activity to those who would to poison and destroy my brothers.

In summary, and in the knowledge that this runs the risk of denigrating myself through association with you, you wretched schwantzenstucker, I will conclude that you were and idiot, you are and idiot and will remain, steadfastly, and idiot.

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $200,000 Tip
  • Chicago undoubtedly runs the show now and they know it. I was told that Godfather - Chairman Ajani was heard boasting to his "RHM in training" about how he was "the most powerful Godfather in the game," possibly to compensate for other areas? Who knows. The real question is how much longer is Aliens willing to sit in the shadows under Kelly_Kapowski and Ajani acting like a Godfather without getting the recognition. Everyone know's that it's just Chicago trying to not act like it's making power plays by sending all the noobs to Detroit but I can't imagine (knowing Aliens bloodline) that he'll feel comfortable waiting in the wings much longer. 

The little alien wandered along aimlessly, nicking a purse from an old lady here and there for the fun of it. He had long since ran out of reasons to actually NEED to do anything. He was as strong as he was going to get, and now it was all about the relationships that had been built upon for generations of his bloodline. The individuals that were currently in power were now friends from times gone by, most of them going back to the legendary Godfather Deimne.

He plucked a cigarette from his pack and pressed it to his lips before stepping up the soap box. Picking up a few more he stacked them on top of each other and stood up in front of the crowd, chuckling as he did.

I find this bit in your initial speech a bit humorous. I guess what you aren't privy to I shall share with you. I have been offered districts, on four separate occasions since my life began here. I have no need, or want for one. My father's, and Grandfather's have led cities before these districts were even involved.

I am a mobster with a single purpose. To see my Godfather's goals and aspirations achieved. To keep my Godfather alive, and kill anyone that would seek to harm him. I am, but a simple little Alien.

Stepping down from the box he didn't even wait for a reply from the idiot before him.

Report Post Tip

First of all, passing on advantages can and does often create extra advantages.  That you cannot see it explains your bloodline's lackluster career path.

You're literally the only person who'd require clarification on that type of a statement... because you just want my attention... because you're a convinced you can agitate me into doing something but I'm not sure what yet. If shooting a gangster boosts your gun it's an advantage... but not in the middle of a war where people are specifically targeting you. If in context it's an advantage, then you'd be an idiot to pass on it. If taking it causes your future to dim, then obviously it's not actually an advantage.

People can and do get killed for going to far on the Streets.  That you cannot see it explains your bloodline's lackluster career path.

Who? And when? If it's such an issue I'm sure you have a long list of recent victims... but of course you won't provide it because you're not actually here to make a point.

By "this game", I will presume that you actually meant to say "this thing."  The only thing that your bloodline is a bright & shining example of is running off with your tail between your legs, not unlike "a bitch", then coming running back and running away from your responsibilities.  That you cannot see it explains your bloodline's lackluster career path.

Again more pointless drivel in an attempt to harass and antagonize without a point. I'd like to thank Maria and Nighthawk for showing quality leadership here letting this continue to the point where it has. I love you Maria, but you've gotta know letting him get away with this garbage again is ridiculous... why are you making exceptions for him and allowing him to harass specific bloodlines?

Your trajectory is in terminal decline and will remain that way.  You have declared war on a district for reasons that haven't been disclosed and have thus far received no censure. 

More pointless, uninformed drivel to antagonize and harass...

Take notice that I will track you and report all suspicious activity to those who would to poison and destroy my brothers.

See previous comment for this one...

In summary, and in the knowledge that this runs the risk of denigrating myself through association with you, you wretched schwantzenstucker, I will conclude that you were and idiot, you are and idiot and will remain, steadfastly, and idiot

And of course more nonsensical rubbish...

Seriously... do your jobs Suburbs, you have a loose end making a fool of himself as a representative of yourselves and that's why despite my close relationship with Godmother Maria this will be just a temporary stay...

Report Post Tip

WhereWasI stated " because you're a convinced you can agitate me into doing something but I'm not sure what yet."  

To clarify, you said I was " a convinced you can agitate me into doing something but I'm not sure what yet"

That really makes no sense whatsoever.  It seems to me that you've described me as being a collection of words.  Is this what you're saying?  When I stop to think about it, you'r ea collection of words too.

But let's not salsa with semantics.

"If shooting a gangster boosts your gun it's an advantage... but not in the middle of a war where people are specifically targeting you."

You made a sweeping generalizations, I merely corrected you.   I was thinking on a macro level, a level perhaps too high for you to reach with the little arms that hang from your little shoulders, metaphorically speaking.

If that gangster was shot in a wooded  area with no witnesses, would it matter?  What about a mountain range with a Riad nearby serving tagine and Moroccan salads?  Do you know what I mean?

"Who? And when? If it's such an issue I'm sure you have a long list of recent victims... but of course you won't provide it because you're not actually here to make a point."

I'm glad you asked.  My bloodline announced that retaliation would follow the uwarranted slaying of two relatives.  Retaliation duly followed, Genocide and his entire crew - dead because of his conduct in the Streets.

"Again more pointless drivel in an attempt to harass and antagonize without a point. I'd like to thank Maria and Nighthawk for showing quality leadership here letting this continue to the point where it has. I love you Maria, but you've gotta know letting him get away with this garbage again is ridiculous... why are you making exceptions for him and allowing him to harass specific bloodlines?"

Could you clarify exactly what you mean please?  And I think it only right and proper to thank me for bestowing upon you VIP status.

Report Post Tip
Actually Kuku, Genocide was killed by Godfather Cantillon due to his conduct in a Godfather Council Meeting.
Sorry to burst your bubble, as you love to be the man in the know, but i am afraid the truth once again has illuded you.
But i am sure you will claim responsability over his death none the less.
Report Post Tip
Genocide was killed by The Plumbers. Genocide's son acknowledged that. You're talking foolishness.
Report Post Tip
I sat in the Godfather council meeting and watched Genocide lock his fate.
Cantillon took the shot, this is fact.
The plumbers, like usual did nothing but take the credit.
Report Post Tip
Cool story bro'
Report Post Tip

What if Cantillon was secretly a plumber?!

Report Post Tip
Cantillon taking orders from kuku?
You obviously didnt know the man very well hahaha
Report Post Tip

You can never know with the crazed Irishman. 

I heard he had a second family on Madagascar too.

Report Post Tip
Now that i could believe!
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Food for Thought
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL