Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 15:43:08
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Ted's Excellent Donation Drive Started by: Ted on Jan 28, '15 18:25

BlackBlack returns to Ted's apartment all red faced and breathing heavily. He had just run off to the streets in order to provide the world with the opportunity to read an open letter prepared by his late father, BlackJack. BlackBlack gently wakes Ted up by squeezing him on the shoulders and splashing cold water on his face.

Report Post Tip

She looks over the painting, wondering if she could sell the piece of junk for money.  Figuring what the hell, she was only paying a dollar, she takes the painting.  She was sure some clueless fellow would give her a good price for it.  Maybe she could get enough money for one of those silly patches.  She hands over the dollar and smiles.

Why thank you Ted.  I think this is a fair exchange. 

Holding her strange looking painting, she leaves Ted to his business.  On her way home, she pesters random mafioso with "Hey, do you want to buy this painting?  Its worth a lot of money and I will give you a good deal."  Maybe her and Ted could work out a deal, she could sell his useless junk and they would split the profit.

Report Post Tip

As Hayley leaves, Ted picks up the suitcase and goes back into his apartment ready to take on another long day, he is more than sure he will accomplish much and work his fingers to the bone. Looking at his clock he attempts to read it, but the little hands move by too fast and he isn't entirely sure what it all means. It can be 2:40, or 40:2, he just can't figure it out and before it hurts his head any further he walks over to his bed and takes a seat.

Surely he'll figure something out, but... his bed... its just so... so...

The cold water again awakes him from his slumber, and he jumps up so fast and so high that you'd swear for a moment that Ted had become a bird. Preferably a hawk of some kind. His entire body shakes, and he stares up to notice BlackBlack standing there, and he calms down a bit. Like father, like son. They both had some sort of admiration for waking up people as coldly as possible.

"Hey, so uh, what time is it? Did I miss the day AGAIN? I hate being up all night, the raccoons are more dangerous than any mafioso could ever be, and the rats... I mean, they're kind of nice, I guess, but still, I've never liked them. Call me a fool, but I just don't understand them, you know? They think they're so sneaky. Fuck em. Oh, wait, sorry... what can I do for you? Are you here for the donation drive?! "

Again, he pulls out a random bottle, this time some sort of whiskey; and shoves it up for BlackBlack to see.

Report Post Tip

BlackBlack extends his hand to Ted and introduces himself to the confused man:

"Ted, it is me, BlackBlack, the son of the late BlackJack of the High Rollers, the Strip, Las Vegas. I hope you don't mind, but I was here earlier and noticed a letter addressed to me sitting next to your unconscious body. I took it and did what I needed to do.

In his final letter to me, my father recommended that I come see you. He said you would be able to looks after me and guide me through the streets. As you know, my bloodline has a strong history in these parts, I was hoping that you would take me under your wing. I am sure I will be able to follow the footsteps of each of my ancestors. I have been told not to seek revenge for my father death but rather celebrate it and work to further enforce the strong reputation of my bloodline."

BlackBlack searches his pocket and finds a few loose coins. He throws it into the empty whiskey bottle and smiles:

"Well, what do you say Ted? Are you ready for me?"

Report Post Tip

He swishes around the bottle and the music formed from it brings a smile to his face, he slowly stands up from where he was laying and extends his hand towards BlackBlack. He had always enjoyed associates, especially those who can handle themselves in the face of danger, which Ted found himself in more than you'd think. Opening up his dresser, he searches for a few minutes before finding a button that he was going to use for his badges. It would be a much better fit his new associate, he thought to himself.

'T.E.D SUPER DONATOR'

"Ignore what it says and just put on the badge, it'll be official then!", grabbing a can he throws it over to BlackBlack and then begins to walk out of the room.

"There. Now there's two of us. We'll get way more donations working as a team."

He wasn't sure if this was a good idea or not, but he knew he was way off of how much he owed. For some reason many people just don't help a dude in need anymore, but it was okay, he wouldn't give up that easily. Now with his new associate and friend, he would surely make the cash back in no time. Maybe some extra, too. The few hundred dollars he had gotten so far was decent, but it could be so much better...

...or so he hoped.

Report Post Tip

the founder of the OFFICIAL TED DONATOR ™ was disappointed that he never received his TED patch. he has worked hard to promote that man known as Ted, but had received little to know applause for his actions. Such things frustrated Ragnarok to the point that he just shot a random sleeping bum he found on the streets of Detroit. One way or another, he would get his patch and be accepted among the masses of Ted fans.

Report Post Tip

BlackBlack turns to face Ragnarok with a confused look on his face:

"Ragnarok, this badge says 'T.E.D SUPER DONATOR'. Is there even badges actually say 'OFFICIAL TED DONATOR'? Maybe if you got them produced and gave them to Ted to distribute he would actually give you something in recognition... Do you even know what T.E.D stands for?"

Report Post Tip

Well BlackBlack, considering I founded the 'Official T.E.D. Donator ™' fund, I'm more than aware of what it means. Your super donator patch is nothing but a half ass ripe off of my original idea!

Report Post Tip

BlackBlack, still looking confused, turns to Ted to consult:

"Ted, is this true? Is Ragnarok the founder of this fund?"

Report Post Tip

Ted's good name was being sullied, and he could no longer bear to hear such lies coming from Ragnarok. Sure he came up with the idea of badges, and sure he made the badges, and sure he came up with most of the idea for the badges; but who really owns an idea anyways? It wasn't his fault that Rags could not carry the idea as well as Ted could. Some people just had a certain spark that the people wanted to follow and donate too, he couldn't help if he proliferated the idea into a multi-million dollar business venture.

"Well, I mean, that's a hard question. I'm Ted, are I not? and on the badge it says T.E.D, is that anything close to Ragnarok? Exactly. I think I've answered about everything I can here."

Taking off his baseball cap, he turned it upside down and waited for people to drop more money into it. This donation thing was easy and he was beginning to have a pretty great hold on it...

Report Post Tip

BlackBlack drops a single coin into Ted's hat. He turns to Ragnarok and grins:

"Didn't think you were capable of thinking up something so amazing!!!"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Ted's Excellent Donation Drive
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL