Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 18:46:16
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
The Streets Discussion threads lacking Role-Play Started by: Scarfo on Jan 29, '15 18:06

I used to play a game called cybernations which, when I played it, had around 15,000 active players. They had a specific forum which was literally for roleplayed discussion of game events. I appreciate that particular example is relatively anecdotal, but there are dozens of examples just on the voting sites MR itself subsribes to which follow a general pattern of a) describing themselves as text-based-RPGs or MMORPGS b) relying heavily on game mechanics to drive action forward and c)having 'in character forums' which are utilised by members to discuss the current affairs of the games.

It's not my intention to just argue the toss over minor details and have a back and forward slanging match, but I just don't believe that this game is unique in either it's structure or in how RP is 'understood' by the userbase; and I don't think that claim particularly furthers your argument.

And again, I don't wish to sound unbearably salty here; but if you don't like it you're best of finding another game. If the scenario here is that you're objectively correct and we're objectively wrong, then what's the best case outcome? People have been enjoying this game in roughly the format it's in (in terms of basic gameplay) for well over a decade - a one man crusade on RP purity isn't going really going to change anyone's mind or their approach to one of the longest lasting and basic 'traditions' of this game.

Maybe you might find that stubborn, but that's the way it is.

Report Post Tip
*walks to his podium in a white fedora hoping this speech meets the standards of role playing 101. Also hopes he gets praise from the rping legend that is scarfo*

I'm probably in the minority here but I could care less about role playing and I surely don't give a shit about proper etiquette when role playing. This game is hardly about playing a role anyway! It seems all anyone gives a shit about is wacking/wars/whatsapp/Skype :3.

I think having this much passion about Role playing makes you look like a clown and a bit of a nerd. I mean that in the most sincere way possible. It's constructive criticism. Let me guess you don't give a shit? :3

*steps off the podium*
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

You're not in the minority Dixxie, you're in the majority on this site. Everyone has a passion about something, just because it isn't your cup of tea doesn't make anyone look like a clown or a nerd.

People could call you a nerd just for even being apart of this site. 

Yet, I do agree it does seem that this game is hardly about playing a role. Which is why I would hope maybe one day your outlook on it will change due to people promoting it more. Makes me sad to see people say they don't give a shit about something I try quite hard to do and enjoy, but like they say these days, "Haters gonna hate.".

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: The Streets Discussion threads lacking Role-Play
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL